DC, MD, VA Wedding Photography

We are inspired by your love. That is why we take a personal approach to capturing every unique detail about your special day. Our goal is not to simply “document” the wedding, but to tell a story that can be shared throughout the generations. We know what this day is all about – you, and we feel privileged to be invited into this special moment in your lives. Needless to say that we love our work. The passion that fills the air on the day of the ceremony is what drives us to perfect our art. Our team of photographers has over a decade of experience working in the DMV area, shooting a wide range of settings and couples. We offer many services besides ceremony coverage that complete the experience.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

DC, MD, VA & Worldwide (240) 205-1696

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Rachel K

Tim and I got engaged (!!!) a few weeks ago and knew that we wanted to do a photoshoot in our apartment before we move on Jan 1. Tigran from Calypso LLC had been a lead photographer at my best friend's wedding and we loved his work, plus their reasonable prices. I reached out to... Read More Tigran and he responded immediately and booked us that same week, despite Tim's unconventional work schedule. Besides wanting to chronicle our first home together, we didn't know what we wanted. We had never done a photoshoot before, are not super creative people, and had no idea what to expect. Going into it with no expectations, we were BLOWN AWAY by Tigran's demeanor, creativity, and of course the final pictures. Tigran is so much fun to work with. He's super personable and clearly loves what he does. He has a million creative ideas and found so much inspiration from our home and by getting to know us as a couple. We ended up having a blast taking the photos. The finished products are beyond what I could have hoped for. They're beautiful, artistic, original, and really show who we are as a couple. We simply couldn't be happier and will definitely be booking Tigran and Calypso for our wedding. Thanks for everything Tigran!

2017-12-06T11:47:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for kind words !

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Roxi G

Tigran with Calypso Digital is an unbelievable photographer. From the moment we met to discuss what we were looking for, he made us feel relaxed and conformable. We had no idea what we were doing or what to expect, but he just made things work for us. He explained everything so... Read More clearly he probably should have charged us for the consultation! During the engagement photo shoot it felt like we were just out for a stroll with a friend. We never imagined how fun it could be. He and his assistant Anastasiia responded in a timely manner via email throughout the entire process. They kept us updated, and helped create a timeline so we knew what to expect. She even created a cute blog for us to share with our friends and family using our engagement pictures. Tigran was non-intrusive during the wedding. He gave us enough space to live in the moment. He was absolutely professional. He was also able to adapt quickly after the ceremony to an unforeseen and excessive desire by everyone to take pictures with us in a location where he had not set up his gear. He made it work and we are so appreciative that he took the time to take pictures of every single guest although it wasn’t the initial plan. They are all expecting us to send them a copy! Finally, Tigran hand delivered our pictures. We are so thankful because UPS sucks. The images came in a gorgeous wooden box and he included a USB with tons of high quality images. We were just looking at them again last night and felt so emotional remembering the day. We love how natural everything looks, and the beautiful moments he captured of our guests that we did not get to see. If you are thinking about hiring a photographer, look no further. Tigran is the best in the area, we can guarantee it, plus you get to help a small business – it’s a win a win all around. Thank you so much again Tigran. We could not have made a better decision, you are amazing.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 M C

I had originally hired someone else but through the process felt like they didn't really care about my wedding and this was just another job for them which led me to look for another photographer. I was happy to find Tigran and his team to shoot our wedding. I think what... Read More stands out from Tigran and his team is not only the beautiful pictures that were delivered but their amazing energy. It was nice to see them really happy and excited about my day as much as I was. Even before the shoot Tigran was really responsive with emails and putting together an agenda for the day which helped a lot and not just for the picture schedule but the agenda helped direct the entire day for my other vendors as well. I decided to have a traditional Cambodian ceremony in the morning and then an American ceremony and reception in the evening. It was a crazy long day! Tigran was great at directing everyone and sooo patient! He has great ideas on what type of pictures to take and how to take them. From the morning ceremony we moved on to shoot some pictures getting ready meanwhile Alex and another photographer stayed with my husband while he and the groomsmen got ready. Having more than one photographer is so much better because they are able to capture so much more and it makes things run smoother. They were with us the entire day and night and our pictures turned out great! I highly recommend Calypso :)

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Natalie S

Best photographer in town!!! Tigran is super flexible and easy to work with. Our venue didn't have a pretty outside and so we took a trip to great falls the afternoon before our wedding. We had him take pictures all day and all night. He was enthusiastic and high energy the... Read More entire time!! He captured every moment of our perfect day and night. We are so thankful for the gorgeous pictures. He is extremely creative and his positive energy rubs off on you so smiling around him comes naturally. He can easily make you laugh for those awesome natural laughing pictures that are adorable. I can't thank him enough for his over the top performance.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Stas A

Wonderful and Excellent experience with Tigran. He made it seem easy to have pictures taken. I am not the person who likes to have pictures taken. Excellent quality and beautiful shots was the outcome. Me and my fiance remained very pleased with his work. You won't get... Read More disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Stas A

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 U N

We spent an awesome day with Calypso Digital! Our photographer was Tigran. He was very emotional, creative and professional! And he helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera as it only seems to be easy! I differently recommend him!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Aryka M

My fiance and I did an engagement shoot with Alex and he was amazing! Alex was so easy to work with and extremely personable. Any couple that gets engaged and is planning a wedding, knows that anything can happen and you sometimes have to make adjustments. We needed to... Read More reschedule the time of our shoot the day of and Alex was completely flexible! He was open to the ideas we had and was able to create on the spot! His turn around time was quick and the moments he captured were breathtaking! If you're looking for a photographer to capture your vision for your engagement shoot and those incredible moments on your special day, Calypso is the way to go!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Krista W

Tigran did our engagement and wedding photos! He is dedicated to his photography and clients but does not forget to have some fun! We chose him due to his lighting and he did not disappoint!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Stephanie W

My fiance and I did an engagement photoshoot with Alex and could not be happier with the final pictures!! Alex was very professional but also a lot of fun to work with! You can tell he really enjoys what he does. We had originally picked a specific place to start our photos... Read More and it ended up being closed, but Alex was quick to think of other ideas and be creative on the spot and it ended up working out perfectly! Thank you so much Alex, we really enjoyed working with you!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Brian O

We did a photoshoot with Alex and he was great! Easy to work with and very receptive to feedback. We scheduled one session with our dogs at Sligo Creek Park and we got some great shots. However, our dogs quickly lost interest and made it tough to proceed so Alex offered to do a... Read More whole additional session in another setting in the city. In addition to his flexibility, the pics came out great! We can't wait to share them with our family and friends!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Elby D

Friendly, professional, and great results. Definitely would recommend. Our friends and family love the final product.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 N P

Tigran and Anastasiia advertised a free couples' photo shoot, and my boyfriend and I jumped at the offer. Tigran was the photographer that day, and he was very professional and responsive. He led us around the venue and directed the shoot with ease, especially when we felt... Read More particularly awkward about being in a photo shoot! Tigran was great!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Suthara C

We had did an engagement photoshoot with Tigran and we couldn't be happier! He's very artistic and we loved our pictures! If you're looking for a photographer, I recommend him!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Bridget A

Tigran was so absolutely professional and amazing with our engagement photos. He exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to book Calypso for our wedding. Do it! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 C D

We had Alex take some fun engagement photos of us and our fuzzy dog, Nikita. Alex was great--super professional. He had lots of poses and ideas worked out, was receptive to our ideas, and was able to clearly convey where he needed us to stand/look. I can't wait to get some of... Read More the pictures back, especially the ones with our diva of an American Eskimo dog!

Tigran

Wedding photographer with 6 years of experience.