Camden County Boathouse

Pennsauken, NJ

Book Your Wedding with Camden County Boathouse

A BALLROOM IN PENNSAUKEN, NJ

Camden County Boathouse in Pennsauken, New Jersey, offers a truly distinctive wedding venue for your once-in-a-lifetime event. The Cooper River Park surrounds the sprawling boathouse, providing a pastoral setting that's ideal for a wedding celebration. Situated on the shores of the Cooper River, this waterfront location offers an elegant indoor event space that is ideal for both ceremony and reception.

The Boathouse Banquet Room. Views of the river are one of the main focal points of the banquet room. Lofty two-story-high windows line the walls, looking out onto the Cooper River. A built-in dance floor ensures a lively reception. Step out onto the wrap-around balconies for a private moment or those all-important first-look photos. The room is expansive enough to seat 200 guests for a reception dinner.

The Masters Club Room. Sized for an intimate gathering, the masters club room will seat up to 24 guests for a small affair. Windows offering stunning views of the river also allow in plentiful natural lighting.

When you want to surround yourself in natural elegance, the Camden County Boathouse is an easy choice. The events team offers personalized service to assist you with the planning process.

The staff will help you determine the best layout for your ceremony and reception to carry you through the events of the day. All tables and chairs are included with the rental and the team will set up the furniture according to your planned layout. Service tables for the caterer are also provided as well as two portable bars, which you can set up where you choose.

The coordinators have compiled a list of caterers with stellar reputations, offering catering services at a range of price points to fit every budget. The caterers also offer a range of different foods and atmospheres with their services to fit virtually any style. Many caterers also provide tableware, linens and table decor. The staff has vetted these vendors and you can feel confident in choosing any of them for your reception meal.

You will have use of two parlor suites, located in the boathouse, during your wedding celebration. These "his-and-hers" suites are recently renovated and they offer all the comforts and amenities you'd want as you prepare for your wedding.

Onsite parking is available for up to 48 cars. Nearby street parking is also available for guests.

A wedding at the Camden County Boathouse promises to be an extraordinary event. With the Philadelphia skyline as the backdrop and the Cooper River running by, you've set the stage for an unforgettable event. A number of amenities put this venue in a league of its own.

• Venture up to the Boathouse Observation Tower to take in the view, which can also be an ideal spot for unforgettable photo opportunities
  • Watch the sunset over the river from the west windows
  • Host your rehearsal dinner in the masters club room

An Unforgettable Experience and Evening

The Camden County Boathouse is a one-of-kind venue with features & possibilities you find only here. Make a dramatic entrance and pose on the veranda overlooking the Cooper River while enjoying a fabulous time and having an unforgettable experience.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Park

Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

7050 North Park Drive, Pennsauken, NJ (856) 661-3184

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Julie M

We had our wedding at the Camden County Boathouse on July 9th, 2016 and it was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I saw pictures of the Boathouse online after a recommendation from a friend, and we went to tour it.....it was the first and last venue we toured because we... Read More instantly fell in love with it! We loved the modern look of the outside, the view of the river, the beautiful deck off of the dining area, the ample parking (we were allowed to park in the business center across the street since it was a Saturday and it was closed). We had considered holding the ceremony outside, but we chose to go with an indoor ceremony (thankfully, since it was sprinkling that day). The wooden window blinds provided the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and we had nothing but compliments from our guests about the ambiance. The boathouse had also recently gone through some upgrades which made the night even better - the bridal suite was upgraded to include a few pieces of beautiful furniture for our wedding party to relax in (no more conference table) and the bar area was redone so that there was an entrance from the dining area. It was perfect! The boathouse also recently acquired uplighting, and was able to offer it to us at a lower price than our DJ. Bonus! The staff at the Boathouse was also phenomenal - I worked with Jeannette throughout the process of visiting, booking, paying for the space (the online payment system is very convenient), and the wedding. She was incredibly responsive via email and patiently answered my seemingly endless list of questions! She worked with me to schedule two rehearsals because my officiant was out of town the day before the wedding, and was always accommodating when it came to my busy teaching schedule. She also allowed us to drop off decorations and non-refrigerated items the day before so there wasn't as much to think about the day of the wedding. On the big day, Erin and Heather manned the front desk, answered questions, and helped direct guests throughout the night. If we could do it over, we would choose the Boathouse again in a heartbeat. Thank you for making our big day so special!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Victoria R

The Boathouse was extremely accommodating from beginning to the end of the planning process. They helped schedule tours, drops offs and the rehearsal. We used the inside ceremony area (good thing because it rained on our wedding day) and the natural light was fantastic. We also... Read More did our first look on the balcony, as well as the cocktail hour. I couldn't be happier with the openness, helpfulness and overall such a beautiful place.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

My husband and I got married on August 22 2015 and chose the Camden County Boathouse as our reception venue. We loved being able to choose a venue and then choosing a caterer to go along with our needs. The venue is absolutely stunning as is the ambiance and scenic surroundings.... Read More The wrap around deck gives it an added bonus!!! The staff was courteous and attentive from beginning to end! We had nothing but positive experiences with this venue and the staff!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Gina G

We are so happy that we chose the Boathouse for our wedding reception! When we started our search for a venue, we were looking for something unique (we did not want a traditional ballroom), and the Boathouse was the perfect fit! Cocktail hour on the expansive deck overlooking... Read More the river was just breathtaking. The Boathouse completely exceeded our expectations; we highly recommend the venue!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elizabeth L

I seriously cannot express how wonderful of experience it was! Right from the start, Jeanette and her crew answered all of our questions and concerns and kept us up to date on everything that we needed to do on our end! Our reception was absolutely beautiful! The boathouse is... Read More simple and elegant. Guests enjoyed themselves on the balcony and the dance floor! I highly recommend. The only thing that threw us through a loop was that we had to have everything out of the boathouse right as the reception ended. Luckily we have great friends and family that grabbed all of our goodies and we headed out for our mini honeymoon!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Tiffany C

We got married at the Camden County Boathouse 3/10/17 and although the weather was awful, our wedding day was beautiful! From the minute I looked at the Boathouse online I knew that is where I wanted to have my wedding. The staff at the Boathouse was great during the whole year... Read More we were planning our wedding! The inside of the Boathouse is beautiful and the view from the balcony is even better, I just wish the weather was nice enough for our guests to enjoy it!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Allyson P

We absolutely loved the boathouse from the moment we saw it. It is both affordable and beautiful. We had our ceremony and reception at the boathouse on August 6th. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating there, especially Jeanette. For the ceremony, you can have it either... Read More outside at the park or inside. Due to the summer heat, we decided to have the ceremony inside and it was beautiful with the windows in the background. Also, all of our photos turned out beautifully there with the river, docks, park, and big bay doors. We got so many compliments from our guests about how great this venue was!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Jordan J

My sister had her wedding here and while it was conveniently located and had a nice view of the river it has a really awkward layout. The dance floor is smack in front of the main entrance to the space meaning you have to push through people dancing to get to your table.... Read More There is a cute little space for an outdoor ceremony just down the sidewalk which is adorable, BUT here's the real reason I give this place two stars: My parents were paying for the wedding and two weeks out from the event after paying everything required by their contract all of a sudden "extra" fees start appearing all over the place. They nickel and dimed us at every turn in those last two weeks. We had favor bags that we DIY'd that we brought there to use and instead of using them they used these generic paper bags that just said "Thank You" on them amongst other "forgotten" small things. We were also told we could pack everything up and pick it up the next day (we asked weeks ahead of time). AS GUESTS ARE LEAVING THE RECEPTION they tell us "all of your things have to be out of here before you leave tonight". CRAZY RUDE. So my poor family (including the bride and groom) is in our wedding attire, packing up all of our cars because they have another event the next day and our stuff was in the way. All in all, not worth it for the nickel and diming and lying.

2015-06-22T11:52:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. The Boathouse charges only one fee; which is the room rental. Final payments and documents are due two week before the event date. I would love to speak with the bride and groom regarding these fees to determine the... Read Less Read More

The PERFECT location!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Ashley C

I can't tell you enough how WONDERFUL our wedding was because of the location. There is a beautiful outdoor space by the water for a ceremony, but unfortunately due to the weather, we couldn't use it. Luckily for us, the venue has floor to ceiling windows in the ballroom which... Read More allowed for gorgeous natural light during our indoor ceremony. Guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and awesome it was. Cocktail hour was on the deck and easily accommodated our 135+ guests. I would use this venue again and again!

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Joanna B

We were so happy with our wedding reception at the Camden County Boathouse. Our ceremony took place in Philadelphia, but we found that many reception locations in the city were outside of our budget. The Boathouse was perfect. Elaine was super helpful with any questions we... Read More had, and the space fit our 168 guests easily. We had a great day and would recommend the location to others!

Incredible Venue!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Tracy B

The Boathouse is an amazing place for a wedding! The views are awesome and wrap-around deck allows access to outside for any weather. We sat 125 people easily and more could have been accommodated. It was spacious but felt cozy for our November wedding. Couldn't have picked... Read More a better place for our special day! They do not honor people holding dates so if you do want the Boathouse and have a date- make sure you book ASAP!

September 21st, 2013

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Ashlie s

From the time we became engaged and decided on our venue to be Camden County Boathouse to the day after our wedding day, they have been so helpful! Eager to please the future bride & groom! I am an email kind of girl, and Elaine from the boathouse was a quick responder, always... Read More with answers to my many questions. I had an amazing wedding day, and I know it would not have been the same without the help from the Camden County Boathouse. Thank you all so much in making our wedding day magical. -Mike & Ashlie 9/21/13

Preferred caterer screws up, and we eat the cost

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Marybeth G

I had booked my Sept. 2013 wedding reception at the boathouse in 2011. They make you choose from one of their preferred caterers though. I signed a contract with one that was in my price range (the others were out of my budget so I didn't even bother with them), but that caterer... Read More ended up overbooking after I had signed with him. The caterer refunded my deposit since he overbooked and I was forced to move my wedding and reception to a new venue. The boathouse's contract states they will not refund the deposit (which was half of the full amount) unless someone else books the same day and pays in full. I was very disappointed that I was forced to choose from one of their preferred caterers and because their caterer screwed up, I had to move my ceremony and reception. The ceremony was going to be at the caterer's location and then they were going to cater our reception at the boathouse. I never wanted to have my ceremony at the boathouse and I expressed this from the beginning and I was not about to pick another one of their caterers that was out of my budget anyway. But the boathouse did not accept responsibility for their "preferred" caterer's screw up and did not even offer to refund part of the deposit. They just apologized and that was it. I had no choice but to move everything because their one caterer I could afford screwed up and was very rude to me and never even apologized to me for over booking when I had signed with him in 2011. Their caterers represent them as well and if they are going to make clients choose from their list of caterers, they should stand behind them and accept responsibility for their actions as well. I should not be "forced" into doing something I never wanted to do or can't afford because their caterer screwed up. Your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life and I was forced into having to change everything and I had to eat the majority of the cost for it too. I emailed a week before our wedding asking if someone else booked our day but they said no one had. I replied professionally expressing my disappointment at how they handled the situation and that they really should refund my deposit (or at least part of it!) because it's not like I just randomly decided to cancel, I was forced into doing so. I was just told "I'll see what I can do" and that was the last I heard from them. Don't book your wedding or any event here. They just take your money and don't care about their clients at all. By the way, the caterer was Lakeside Manor. Their food was not very good either. After I moved my wedding to a new venue, I realized how bad Lakeside Manor's food was. Maybe everything would have gone smoother if the entire day was at the boathouse, but that's not what I wanted and I was told that it wouldn't be a problem. I lost a lot of money, but I did get MUCH better customer service and quality food at the new venue.

BEST LOCATION EVER!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Audrianna M

MY THEME WAS "MIAMI ON THE RIVER" AND THIS WAS THE PERFECT VENUE TO HOST IT. THE WEATHER WAS PICTURE PERFECT AND THE BOATHOUSE REALLY LENT ITSELF TO MAKE ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE. ASK FOR ELAINE. SHE IS A DOLL!!!

Great venue, great location

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Lisa B

I loved the boathouse because it was the most unique, affordable venue in this area. After reading other reviews, I was worried it would be too crowded at my wedding with 165 guests and a 12-piece band. But it was perfect. Plenty of room to mingle and dance!

Beautiful view

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Jocelyn W

The view is amazing! The building itself is beautiful. The boathouse is closed for the public during a wedding (thank god) but a employee needs to be at the facility the entire time so when the men's bathroom runs out of paper towels a hour after the wedding started the employee... Read More of the boathouse is there to fill it but after asking 5 different times the paper towels were NEVER filled

Good if you're on a budget - but might not be the

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Alison B

I was initially excited about this place, the price is great, they're low key, and it's cute...but the closer it got to the event and the more problems I began to see with it and the more I wished I had picked a different location. The boat decor is really obvious inside the... Read More room...and you can't move it. The ceiling is very hard to decorate because it's so high and the ceiling over the dance floor is much lower and is VERY unattractive and you aren't allowed to cover it in any way. Also, even though my decorations were sitting around in plain view for 1 week before the wedding nobody at the boathouse thought to tell me that taper candles aren't allowed. So, come our wedding night all the tapers are on the tables but weren't lit so i asked the staff to please light them (i had envisioned lots of candles) and they informed me that they weren't allowed to...but if they had been votives it would have been different. If I had known I wouldn't have spent the money on the tapers and would have simply gotten votives instead. Huge let down. Our photographer was excellent (Jennifer Davis Photography), however, I cringe at the look of the venue in our reception photos. It just looks so blah and cheap! The glaring neon exit sign...the boring look of the walls...ugh. Thank god we didnt have our ceremony there (it was in the garden at the Haddonfield Historical Society...so lovely!!). So anyway, I'm just a little frustrated with it all right now, but thank goodness we had the time of our LIFE and the memories of the fun we had will always outshine these little details. Good luck! :)

Simple and Laid Back

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Eve M

The Boathouse is a beautiful venue for a reception. The balcony over looking cooper river affords wonderful views and the park surrounding it is a great place for photos (although if it's sleeting/snowing outside like at my wedding you'll have to stick to just the balcony).... Read More Even in the bad weather the inside was nice and cozy. One wall is just a huge window with gorgeous wooden shutters. It's really easy to go and look at before the wedding and they are low key about you just wandering around, using the storage and kitchen before your event. Don't expect an elegant candlelit ballroom though, it's a bit on the more rustic side but that's exactly why I loved it. You walk in and feel comfortable and with all the tables and flowers everywhere it looks so beautiful.

love

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 christa v

we just had our wedding here Aug 21, 2010. it was so beautiful! Everyone loved it!

Cannot Wait to Get Married Here!

Reviewed on 5/14/2010 Erica D

The Boathouse is a beautiful facility on the Cooper River. The ballroom is on the second floor and has one whole wall of windows (reaching most of the way up the vaulted ceilings) overlooking the river. The dance floor is spacious and the entire facility is handicap... Read More accessible. If you are looking for an interesting location in South Jersey where you will be the only event going on, check out the Boathouse.

Review for Camden County Boathouse

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jennifer L

The boathouse is located right on the Cooper River. It has a beautiful wrap around deck with a view of the Philadelphia skyline from one side. The banquet room is large with LOTS of windows and a built in dance floor. The staff was wonderful throughout the whole planning... Read More process and day of our event. Everything was perfect.