Camrose Hill - Venue

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Barn, Garden, Tented

14587 30th St. N., Stillwater, MN (651) 351-9631

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Cherie L

Camrose Hill is an extraordinarily beautiful site and the flowers are exceptional, without question. However, I have some caveats for people thinking of this outdoor venue. First, this is a working flower farm for the florist on the premises. Grounds are well-kept but there... Read More are some important considerations. 1. Shoes. High heels would be very uncomfortable, as they would be in any location where the ground surface was natural grass, with heels sinking into the lawn that has a slightly uneven surface in some areas. 2. Parking is up a hill with the venue in a lower area below, accessed by a fairly steep gravel drive for part of the way. High heels (again) could be deadly. The gravel could be slippery if wet, which could be dangerous for older guests or people with mobility issues. There are no hand holds along the way. 3). Bathrooms. Restrooms are port-a-potties. Think airplane lavs (in size) although Camrose's potties are much more nicely appointed. They are part way up the gravel roadway, which can be difficult for older or mobility challenged guests. It's not a place to change clothes and the water is not potable. There is one real bathroom in the bridal party cottage, but it is small. 4). Insects. It's a flower farm in the country, after all. We saw many butterflies (enchanting) but there are bees. People allergic to bee stings should be sure to bring an epi-pen. Junior should be reminded not to try and catch one. 5. There is a list of vendors that serve the property. The only time that beverages are available is while the caterer/bartender vendors are serving. Bring your own water bottles and other necessities for times when they are not available, and be sure to clean up afterwards $100/hr clean up fee). 5. "No ___" signs everywhere. No parking here, no beverages there, no shoes in the bridal cottage, don't hang your gown there, and lots of do's and don'ts. It's a working flower farm, after all, and I understand the need for order to avoid impacting other operations and preventing damage on the property. But it felt like we had to be watchful not to make a mistake that could cause embarrassment or problems ($$) for the couple. For example, I was directed to move the car from the driveway when I was in the process of making a delivery, but there is no way that I would have carried the items down the steep gravel drive without risking a nasty fall. 6. It's outside. There is a barn (clean, but with rough lumber). I don't know if it is available without pre-arrangment or if the reception would have to stay in the tent if there was a storm. Don't forget to ask. 7. Staff of the venue do not hover around, so it can be difficult to get questions answered at the time (think of everything that may come up ahead of time). They came to monitor the closing and were very pleasant, but I was surprised that no one checked on us during the event. Maybe staff were there but kept out of our way because things were going smoothly. If you and your guests can handle these rustic elements, Camrose Hill is a venue to provide beautiful memories for years to come. If any of these issues could be a problem for you or your guests, think carefully. Summary: beautiful location. Flowers are fresh and last for days. Not the Ritz. Don't wear heels or slippery shoes. Wear sunscreen and bug spray if needed. Have a good time!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Anna S

Cannot thank the Camrose Hill team enough! Cindie did the most wonderful job with all of the florals and everyone is still raving about how beautiful the whole event was. They are a gracious team of professionals and will treat you very well. I cannot recommend Camrose Hill... Read More highly enough for an outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Kathryn F

Wow. WOW the venue is even more beautiful than the pictures. I was amazed by the flowers and decorations - it was seriously like an enchanted garden. Me and my hubby were both amazed since we had only seen it in the winter. Camrose folks took fantastic care of us and made sure... Read More the whole day went smoothly. Seriously its gorgeous here.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Sara N

Camrose Hill is the outdoor setting for your wedding that you have been dreaming of and searching for. The grounds are kept impeccable and, one of the best parts about it, it is always in season as the trees, plants and flowers are always changing. Our wedding was on June 24,... Read More and it worked perfectly because we really wanted a green and wooded feeling. The flowers were beginning to bloom and added a beautiful accent to throughout. We used the “Fairy Glen” for our ceremony, which had a wonderful exposed branch the framed the space. The bright green leaves against the woods and trellis made of branches, accented by the occasional birds chirping, created a peaceful and serene spot for us to exchange our vows. For the reception, the space in front of the main wedding chapel and spreading to the fire pit was ideal. There was plenty of room and the afternoon and early evening sun created a lovely place to socialize. The tent for the dinner and dance was comfortable and easily fit our wedding of 130. The facilities were clean and very usable, she even had ideas to add touches to the men's and ladies' areas too. Overall, the greatest attribute to Camrose Hill is Cindy and her ability to help create the look and feel you are looking for. Our aesthetic was a natural, simple and organic outdoor wedding. Cindy had beautiful ideas and floral touches that we would never have been able to think of. For instance, simple eucalyptus and various mixed greens for table runners, a sprig of rosemary at each place setting, succulents for boutonnieres, and ferns for the isle. We found it challenging to even see beyond the already beautifully landscaped grounds, but her expertise was able to enhance all of it even further. Camrose could easily feel as rustic, elegant, whimsical or as simple as you would like. Another advantage to the space is the variety of places for photographs. There are wooded settings, a nearby field at the top of the parking area, the garden, the cottage and the barn; all of which make very for timeless and classic photos. We couldn’t recommend Camrose Hill as a wedding venue enough. There is a reason it has been voted one of Minnesota’s best year after year.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Taylor L

Over the moon with this venue. I was thrilled, as well as all my guests! We could not have pick a more beautiful, relaxing, charming, unique place to be married. Everyone is still talking about it, calling our wedding the most beautiful wedding they have ever gone to! Cindie... Read More made this process fun and special. Our photographer Rochelle Louise, has worked this venue many times & she was amazing! The pictures of this place are unreal, you unfortunately don't get to take it all in on your wedding day, but my photographer captured it all.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hanna P

My husband and I were married at Camrose on 9/9/16 and could not have had a more beautiful day. Cindie, Mary and Bobette were so wonderful to work with, flexible and accommodating. The venue is one of a kind and it was perfect for the vibe we were going for - outdoor, laid back,... Read More casual and ceremony and reception in the same location. Cindie worked with us to create beautiful flowers as well and allowed us to bring our own centerpieces for the cocktail hour. We received so many compliments from guests and couldn't have imagined our wedding day without Camrose.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Jasmine J

They went out of there way to make our day special. They were very flexible when it came to changes and even offered to deliver the flowers for free. The flowers were very beautiful. Everything went perfect.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Mikaela E

Really beautiful, breathtaking flowers on the ceremony space for everyone in the wedding party!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Gina K

Cindie and her team did OUTSTANDING work for our wedding. Going into the process I was really open to anything and she helped form a vision and executed it flawlessly. She was so sweet to work with and really listened to what I wanted. Not only does she create beautiful floral... Read More arrangements, but she has so many different kinds of flowers to work with. This really made our bouquets and centerpieces uniquely beautiful. I never had to worry on the wedding day because I trusted Camrose Hill and they definitely exceeded expectations!

Thistles for a Scottish wedding

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Ana S

Cindie and Mary were great! Cindie was great at helping me organize my thoughts about what I wanted. She asked me great specific questions. They were great, my only complaint was that I could not see what it all looked like before the wedding.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Ellie B

Camrose Hill is a beautiful, natural venue for an outdoor wedding. The landscape is breathless. Even more, the staff is incredible with their communication and coordination. We loved everything about Camrose Hill Flower Farm!

Most beautiful venue in Minnesota!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Morganne N

I only visited one wedding venu,e and knew we had to have our wedding at Camrose. It was exactly what we were looking for, and turned out beautifully. We have had so many people tell us that our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to, and Camrose sets the... Read More scene perfectly! There is already so much beauty at Camrose, and in a way it is a "blank canvas" to add all the special details you want to your day to make it completely you. I will say that the venue feels like a steal at first, but having to rent everything, your bill at Ultimate Events (their contracted decor vendor) can add up quickly and in the end you probably spend a little more money than renting a traditional venue that rolls catering, chairs, tables, linens,on-site coordinator etc. into one rate/package. That being said we think that having our wedding at Camrose was worth every penny, and we had the exact day we wanted there. I loved being able to pick our own caterer, and being able to bring in our own alcohol. I would suggest hiring a wedding planner, or at very least a day-of-coordinator if you are planning on having a lot of small details. Cindy and Mary are very helpful, and flexible in letting us visit the venue a handful of times (I booked the venue while my husband was deployed, and we also went back for a final walk through right before the day.) Cindy did an amazing job executing all of our flowers, and she has such great vision. It's awesome working with people who love what they do!

Perfect, Magical, Garden Venue

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Zoe P

Getting married at Camrose Hill was like living a dream. Our wedding got rained out and we had to use our backup plan and EVEN THEN, it was beyond gorgeous and perfect. Cindie (the owner) is a treat to work with, kind and genuine and helpful. The setting is just the right amount... Read More manicured and just the right amount wild. You have to use Cindie as your florist if you book here, but you will get the most beautiful flower arrangements you've ever seen. There is an adorable "bridal cottage" to get ready in, covered space for rain, and an awesome firepit for s'mores. It is a little pricey, but I thought it was worth every penny.

Just Lovely!

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 Jennifer H

Camrose Hill was the perfect choice for our wedding. The location is very unique and beautiful. Our guests loved Camrose Farm. Cindie and Mary were great in the planning process, and everything turned out perfectly. I couldn't of asked for a better place to have our wedding,... Read More it was just SO beautiful. Thank you, it was the best day of my life!

Exceeded expectations

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Jennifer S

Cindi and her team at did an amazing job! When the flowers arrived at the wedding they were set out for me to view and they brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were and how they exceeded my expectations. At my fist meeting with Cindi I was so... Read More nervous I wouldn't be able to express the look I was going for but she put me at ease with taking descriptive notes, showing me pictures and giving great ideas when needed. Cindi was also good at working within my strict budget.

guest

Reviewed on 3/23/2011 Jessica v

very beautiful place for a wedding. For the summer and fall weddings.

Florist

Reviewed on 10/21/2010 Kelly J

Cindie at Camrose Hill was great in working with my visions of French-casual. She found AMAZING smelling dried french lavender that everyone kept complimenting us on, and they looked sO chic/european in the variety of antique silver vases that Cindie helped partially supply (I... Read More owned 50% of them). Also, we had beautiful white roses. The bridesmaids' bouquets had cotton poofs in them, and a beatiful organic look that competes with anything in the trendy bridal magazines currently. She was very reasonably priced, helped me work with my budgete to stretch it as far as i could, and provided a timely setup. Cindie is gentle natured and hard-working.

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/07/2010 Cass P

I cannot say enough about Camrose Hill. It is owned by Cindie who does all the arrangements; she also owns a farm in Stillwater where she grows many of her own flowers and even (gasp) holds absolutely gorgeous weddings! I didn't find out about her in time to book her for a... Read More venue, but the bouquets and arrangements she did for my wedding were perfect in every way. My husband and I met with her a couple months before the wedding and described in detail what we (I) had envisioned. I was somewhat vague because I like to leave some room for professionals to "do their thing" and I am SO glad I did because she is amazingly talented. Not only did she exactly capture the look I was going for, she honestly made it look better than I think I ever could have described! She is very reasonably priced and will actually work with you to get the coverage you want within your price range - and will tell you if she doesn't think something is realistic. I will be going to Camrose Hill any time I need flowers in the future and have raved about Cindie to all my friends. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!