Canary Rock Salon

At Canary Rock Salon we don't just offer wedding hair as a service, we specialize in all things beauty for weddings. Hair, Makeup & Airbrush Tanning, a private spa room & eyelash extensions. We can re-create any photo you bring in & and you will be perfectly polished by our highly trained team. You can even use our studio privately for your big day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

1939 Maybank Hwy, Charleston, SC (843) 330-8022

Christina was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Ashleigh B

I am so happy I used Christina to do my hair for my wedding! I am quite picky and she worked really well with me at the consultation changing my look several times. Then (because I'm incredibly indecisive) I changed my mind AGAIN for the wedding and she made it absolutely... Read More perfect. She and her team came to the venue and did a great job on my mother-in-law and bridesmaids as well. I would definitely recommend Ziba Salon for their skills AND patience with a nervous bride!

Best Wedding Hair Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Lauren F

Christina is VERY VERY VERY talented with wedding hair and updo's!! I could not have asked for a better experience. She also came to my parent's house which was very convenient for the day of! Not only did she do my hair, but also did 7 of my bridesmaid's hair. We all loved it!!... Read More She is very professional and extremely talented! All we had to do is show her a picture of what we wanted and she was able to replicate it perfectly. All of my bridesmaids were so happy! You have to go with ZIBA salon!!!!!!

Amazing job for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Michelle S

Christina and Laurie were amazing! I found Ziba online at the knot.com since I am from Virginia and my wedding was in charleston/kiawah area. They did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my mom's and my bridal parties hair and makeup. They did an amazing job. Everyone's... Read More hair and makeup looked fantastic and I got a ton of compliments on my hair and makeup. They airbrushed my makeup which made a huge difference in my pictures. Not only did they do my hair and makeup the day of my wedding, but they also put hair extensions in my hair to make my hair fuller and longer for my wedding day. I loved them so much that I still have them in 3 weeks later! I have gotten a ton of compliments on them as well! They truly did an amazing job and were so much fun to hang out with on my wedding day. My mom and bridal party loved them as much as I did. I plan to see them whenever I go back down to charleston for vacation. I couldnt have been happier!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Maggie C

I had a great experience with the ladies at Canary Rock for my bridal hair/make up. They came to meet me at my suite at the hotel, and was on time and very professional. I also liked that Christina, the owner, was flexible when I needed to add my mother-in law-for make up at... Read More the last minute. Laurie, who did my trial and day-of hair and make up was amazing. She was very patient with the changes I wanted to make when I was happy with the hair trials. On the day of the wedding, she also stayed behind to do my flower girl's hair, which required some flexibility with timing as she is 3 years old and needed to fit in a nap before the everything started. Emily was fantastic as well. She did my mom, sister in law, and mother in law's hair styling. Overall, I had a great experience and I would highly recommend Canary Rock for bridal hair/make up or any occasion. Thanks, Ladies!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katy O

So glad I was referred to this salon. My sister had her wedding in Charleston a few weeks ago and we were so worried about where to go to get the bridal parties hair done. Canary rock was the perfect soot! Such a great location and great customer service. Would definitely... Read More recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Madison K

Christina was amazing! She made me feel so confident at my trial run. The wedding day was well organized and the girls were so much fun. I got so many compliments on my hair!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Maria M

Choosing Canary Rock to do my hair, the mother of the bride, and several of the bridesmaids was the best decision I made above all the other wedding decision making for my son's wedding! Christina Sheperd, the owner, went above and beyond to make sure our hair was just right... Read More before she left. The wedding was an hour away, and she was right on time and she had everything she needed right at her finger tips. She worked her magic and we all looked so beautiful. The best part is that our hair lasted not only through the wedding, but all through the evening with the rest of the evening wedding festivities, which went right into midnight! Our wedding pictures are the best with gorgeous hair! I would highly recommend Canary Rock for all of your wedding hair and make up needss They truly are the best, and most knowledgable when it comes to wedding preparations for all beauty needs!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katie D

Kristi and Laurie came on site to do hair and makeup for my wedding day. The girls were on time and professional and really knew what they were doing! I had never had airbrush makeup done before and it came out absolutely flawless and stayed on all night! I am so grateful to... Read More have such a positive experience on my big day. Canary Rock Salon is the best!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Emily C

Had an AMAZING experience with Canary Rock Salon! I did my wedding with them in August and could not have been happier with the service! Kristi did both my hair and makeup and was an absolute SWEETHEART. Laurie and Baylee did hair for all 6 of my bridesmaids as well and it was... Read More over just all an incredible experience. They really did make my day special and I would recommend them to any bride!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 paige z

When I was in a wedding last November, they did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. Very professional and talented stylist. The owner, Christina, is amazing. Love her! Would highly recommend them for any new brides out there!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Liz P

Thank you so much for doing such a beautiful job on our hair for my sister’s wedding. Your crew was so attentive to detail, and made getting ready so much fun. We could not have asked for more beautiful hair and make-up, and everyone felt so pretty for the special day.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Karen J

I was very impressed with the quality of service and the joy that the stylist showed while fixing my daughters’ hair for my nieces wedding. They were able arrange hair and apply make up with professionalism. The bride and the brides maids had a great time. The atmosphere was... Read More jovial and everyone had a great time. My niece was beautiful and her wedding party only highlighted her day. I would highly recommend Canary Rock Salon to any bride and her wedding party!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 krystal m

We absolutely love Canary Rock Salon! I referred one of my best friends, the bride, to the salon for her wedding day hair because of my wonderful past experiences with them. They did not disappoint when it came to her wedding! They did a variety of updos for the entire bridal... Read More party and every one of them looked amazing! They were very pleasant to be around and kept us on track in terms of time. They even came to our location which was extremely convenient and relaxing. They were professional, accommodating and super talented at their job. Everyone was extremely pleased and we all would (and have already) highly recommend them to anyone else! They are FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Jessica S

The ladies at Canary Rock are amazing and very professional. From start to finish they were on top of everything. It was so nice to not have to stress over my hair/ make up.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Christina and her team were WONDERFUL!! They were on time, prepared and attentive to all the wedding party. We were all very happy with our hairdos ...especially the BRIDE!! I would highly recommend Canary Rock Salon to ANY and ALL brides!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Catelyn B

The staff at Canary Rock Salon did a fantastic job with the hair and make-up for my wedding! Sarah was a huge help throughout the whole process. I was able to do a trial run a few months before the wedding to try out different hairstyles and make-up options. We were able to have... Read More the entire salon to ourselves the day of the wedding and were able to bring food and wine to snack on while we were there. My hair and make-up (i did the airbrush) lasted the entire night, even with the humidity and rain! I would highly recommend Canary Rock Salon for any bride to be!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Caroline J

Christina Shepard (Owner) has been my personal hair stylist for over 7 years now. I always love my hair and feel so beautiful whenever I leave my appointments. So, when I got engaged she was the only option in mind that would do for my wedding day bridal hair! I had two trial... Read More runs for my big day because I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted. Christina was very patient with me and helped me create exactly what I wanted for my bridal look. On the day of my wedding Christina and her team of stylists from Canary Rock showed up right on time and were ready to work. I had a larger bridal party (13 people including myself, bridesmaids and mothers) and everyone's hair looked FABULOUS and almost more importantly, we were all ready on time :) Christina and her team even stayed until we were all dressed just in case anyone needed touch ups. Christina spent extra time with me on my big day and made sure that I was totally satisfied and felt beautiful!! I would 100% recommend Christina and her girls at Canary Rock for bridal hair and makeup. Everyone there does awesome work and they are always so friendly and professional. If you are looking for a wedding day team to come on location and make you and your bridal party GLAM and GORGEOUS they are definitely the best!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jenna L

The ladies at Canary Rock...rock! They made my 8 bridesmaids look flawless and were extremely patient and easy to work with! Book this talented team, you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Elizabeth M

I LOVE the girls at Canary Rock Salon. They came out to my wedding venue and took excellent care of my bridal party and I. All of our expectations were exceeded and our hair/makeup was beautiful! THANKS AGAIN!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Canary Rock exceeded my expectations and made my life easier. I'm admittedly picky and fired the first salon I had a hair trial with because they couldn't get it quite right even after two separate attempts. Christina (owner/manager) was incredibly accessible via e-mail and... Read More phone, and essentially took care of everything (including creating a schedule for all bridesmaids) for me. Once she brought me in for a hair trial I knew I had found the right place. I was indecisive, had drastically different styles I wanted to try, changed my mind the day of the wedding, etc. Despite all of this, I expected my hair to turn out exactly like the pinterest photos I brought in...and it did! Not to mention the airbrush make-up was worth every penny. I didn't even do a make-up trial, day-of worked out perfectly. More people than I would have ever expected asked me where I had my hair and make-up done. This was the most beautiful I've ever felt and the lovely ladies at Canary Rock made it so effortless. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

This salon is a wonderful choice for all things wedding. The stylist and makeup artist made her day beautiful and stress free. She is now going to the salon for all of her beauty needs. Thank you for making her day!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kerrie B

I have never felt so beautiful! Exactly what I wanted they did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 hilary p

Awesome salon! Sarah did the perfect makeup hair and spray tan for me on my wedding day. I'm pretty particular and everything was just right. Our guests loved all of the bridal party's hair - we got tons of compliments. Classy and subtle glam, would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 b

Booking an appointment at the Canary Rock Salon was one of the best decisions I made while planning our destination wedding. The salon was beautiful! I made an appointment for Hair and Airbrush make up for myself and my bridal party. I showed up with only a few photos from... Read More Pinterest and walked out of the salon feeling amazing! My hair was perfect! We got married on the beach and it was extremely windy that day. My hair looked amazing for the ceremony and afterwards, for photos. My make up was flawless. I was able to focus on being in the moment at our reception and never once worried about how I looked. It was the perfect day and I felt absolutely beautiful, inside and out. My mother and sister were also thrilled with their look. I highly recommend Canary Rock Salon. Thank you so much!!!!

Christina Ghoreishi Shepard

My name is Christina Shepard. I have been a hairstylist for seven years, and immediatly became obsessed with the art of styling hair for weddings! Having recently been a bride myself, I know how important bonding with your wedding stylist can be. Alongside myself, I have built a group of highly trained professionals that take pride in our quality of work. We all hold ourselves at a high standard and constantly work or on our craft to make sure we are the best we can be. We have a passion for weddings, styling wedding hair and makeup. We look forward to helping create your dream wedding!