Canopy Creek Farm

Miamisburg, OH

Picturesque "Country Chic" Venue

Canopy Creek Farm offers a variety of extraordinary spaces full of elegance, natural beauty and sophistication for hosting your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The gorgeous "Reception Barn" adorned with stunning chandeliers, seats up to 250 guests with full amenities, air-conditioning/heating, catering prep kitchen, bridal dressing room and a large covered patio overlooking expansive open air views of beautiful horses grazing in the peaceful meadows next to the shimmering pond and majestic trees shading the babbling creek. Canopy Creek Farm provides the perfect picturesque venue that fulfills every wish you have for your unforgettable fun yet romantic wedding.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Tented

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning, Tents, Service Staff

600 Benner Road, Miamisburg, OH

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 christi b

We had our wedding and reception at Canopy Creek Farm and it was absolutely perfect! The entire property is gorgeous and the barn is amazing. I am not from the area but was looking for a site somewhere in between my family and my husband's. I was looking for something country... Read More that would allow me to have exactly what I wanted and that's exactly what I got. The staff was so easy to work with and always made sure that my dream vision of the day came true. Even my husband had doubts about some of my ideas working out but the staff was quick to make it happen with no difficulty at all. My wedding was even more perfect than I could have imagined. I've had so many compliments from my guests and even my other vendors telling me that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've ever been to. Our wedding was down by the creek and a horse and carriage brought me down then carried my husband and I away after the ceremony. The staff was so helpful in making sure that all went off without error and I even snuck in without anyone getting a peak at me before I was able to walk down the aisle. I absolutely cannot say enough about this location. The beauty, the style and the staff make this the perfect place for a wedding and/or reception. If you haven't gone to see it yet, go. We made the trip and I will never regret it.

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Ashley P

My wedding day was absolutely perfect! We had our wedding by the pond and the reception inside the barn. The staff was very friendly professional. We have received nothing but positive feedback from our guests. My dream wedding came true and it couldn't have been better, thanks... Read More in part to Canopy Creek Farm!

Everything I Ever Wanted

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Sarah C

The barn and land is beyond beautiful! I fell in love with it the first day we saw it. Danette (owner) and Misty (manager) were wonderful to work with. They made sure everything was how I pictured it. Absolutely pleased with our experience!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Jennifer L

We loved Canopy Creek Farm. Misty is great to work with. The reception venue was super easy to decorate (because it is already beautiful). I loved the rustic feel and everyone was so helpful! Our pictures around the lodge are beautiful!

Absolutely Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Cori

I had my reception at Canopy Creek Farm during January. Misty Fortkamp, who works at the farm, was amazing! She worked with my mother and I on the floor plan, ideas, gathering resources, etc. She was very helpful and great to work with. We ended up hiring Misty for the day of... Read More the wedding to arrange our displays, centerpieces, and just to make the barn look and feel just as I had imagined. She went beyond what I was expecting, it was absolutely stunning! I had about 200 people, including the wedding party, attend the reception at the barn. It supposedly fits up to 250, but if you have more than 19 10-round tables, which I had 19 tables, I would look into inviting less or at other venues. At 19 tables plus a head table it was rather tight and a very hot. Also, this venue only provides tables and chairs. Everything else is up to you to provide. I loved having so much freedom to customize the event, but it is A LOT more work! A LOT! Just know what you are getting into and understand you will have to pay more for the vendor clean up since you have to have everything out of Canopy Creek Farm by 1:00AM the day of the wedding.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Stephanie S

Canopy Creek Farm is beautiful. We got married on October 16th, 2015 and it was the perfect venue for our fall wedding. We got married by the pond and had our reception in the barn. There were also many great places to take pictures on the property. I would not change a single... Read More thing. The staff was friendly and very helpful. If you're looking for a country chic venue, I would 100% recommend Canopy Creek Farm.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Elizabeth R

We had our ceremony and reception at Canopy Creek Farm and it was amazing! The staff was great to work with and helped make our day extra special. The overall look of the place and beautiful exterior scenery is exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

I had my wedding at Canopy Creek this September and it was picture perfect! The venue is beautiful, full of different options for a ceremony site and flexible to where you want to set up at. The inside of the barn is brand new, with heat and air conditioning (something I was... Read More concerned about!) The only downfalls were we could not get into the venue until the day of the wedding to set up. They are also pretty hard to make appointments with as they are so busy. When making a rehearsal time, they told me nothing was available after 5pm. Which is insane because people work! very frustrating and they were unwilling to work with me for many time restraints. Overall the place is great, they just need more flexibility when working with brides.

Canopy Creek

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Becky G

Beautiful venue and very helpful staff!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 bailey l

This venue is absolutely beautiful, both inside and out. The chairs and tables that they provide were very nice. Little decoration is needed because the barn itself is so lovely. We had planned on getting married outside but got rained out. The inside ceremony worked just as... Read More beautifully. I took one star off because of staff issues. When we went to see the venue again a few months before our event, the staff member on property was extremely unhelpful and cold. We did meet with Misty (the event coordinator) for our final panning meeting and she was very helpful. I was excited to have her there the day of the wedding as was discussed, and was disappointed to find she was not. The staff member that was there the night our our wedding was a younger girl who literally sat in the office and did nothing at all. I would have expected her to at least come out of the office once of twice to see if there was anything we needed or how everything was going.

2015-07-22T14:26:41 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you were happy with our venue and Misty, but I'm sorry our other staff members did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact me personally to help me understand what we need to do better, please call 937-689-7477. Thank... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Erin H

The venue is beautiful and worked perfectly when we ended up getting rained out on our wedding day. Misty is AMAZING. She is super responsive and so helpful. She was a joy to work with through the whole planning process. We were disappointed by the onsite person with us at the... Read More end of the night, she was rude and short with our family and my husband. However, alll in all we had a wonderful experience with Canopy Creek.

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Rachel B

Perfect! The barn and grounds are absolutely beautiful and staff was easy to work with and very responsive. We couldn't have chosen a better place for our wedding.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Chelsea A

As soon as I saw pictures of Canopy Creek, I knew it was the place where I wanted to get married and share memories with my family. Misty was, and continues to be, absolutely wonderful! She is friendly and understanding and is willing to help with anything! It's an absolutely... Read More gorgeous venue and I can't wait to share mine and my fiance's special day with our families at this place! :)

Beautiful place but the people were hard to work with

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Abby J

The barn is absolutely beautiful. They thought of almost everything when building the place. You don't need a lot of other decorations because it is so pretty inside. The only complaint I have is with the people running it rather than the place itself. They were very nice and... Read More accommodating to get you in the door however the day of the wedding they were going back on their word. They even came up to me, the bride, during the reception to complain about how late they had to stay. The complained when we asked them to turn down the lights. They talked to my mom and mother-in-law like children at the end of the night when we were cleaning up. The place is beautiful and I loved my reception there but they were very unprofessional the day/night of the wedding and I will warn people before booking because of that.

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Rachel F

Everyone at Canopy Creek was wonderful and helped the wedding go off without a hitch! They always answered my questions promptly which helps with the stress of planning a wedding. The venue itself was gorgeous. We got married on a snowy day in November, and the pictures... Read More turned out AMAZING! I choose this venue because it was beautiful before the decorations! There was plenty of space for the guests during the ceremony and reception. My husband and I loved it! We would choose Canopy Creek all over again.

Perfect rustic setting!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Sara S

We just had our wedding reception here on November 1,2014. The venue is exceptional! So picture perfect and brand new! The venue is lovely even before you decorate it. They chose tasteful colors that match with any color palette. That is what I liked best. There is no ugly... Read More floral carpet to contend with. No brass fixtures that look outdated and even the chairs that are provided are pretty without any extra bows or coverings. I highly recommend this venue if you want a rustic, vintage, or shabby chic venue. Danette and everyone else associated with the venue are very easy to work with! Oh and there are even real horses running around in the pasture next to the venue! It really can't get much better!!

Beautiful Country Chic Wedding Venue in Dayton, OH

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Krista D

We feel so fortunate to have discovered this beautiful new venue when we did! The exterior and interior of the barn are absolutely breathtaking, and the layout of the venue was very well thought out! We love the fact that we're able to choose our own caterer, bartenders, etc.... Read More and that Canopy Creek is in close proximity to hotels for our guests. The inside of the barn is so pretty that we hardly have to bring in any decorations and the Canopy Creek staff have all been great to work with so far! If you're thinking about getting married in the Dayton area, I would highly recommend checking out Canopy Creek! We're having a Fall 2014 wedding reception here and I cannot wait for all of our guests to see this venue!

Fantastic, versatile place to have a wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Katherine H

Canopy Creek Farm was even better than I imagined! The staff were so helpful answering questions both on the wedding day and throughout the planning process. They made me feel like they truly cared how my day went. They were available when needed, but remained professionally in... Read More the background the rest of the time. The venue itself is very versatile. I didn't have to worry about elderly guests having access to anything, and didn't have to have the additional cost of a dance floor. It is beautiful both inside and out and will HIGHLY recommend the venue to anyone in the future:)

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Krischelle P

Brides: Do not finalize any venue site until you have seen this location. As soon as I walked through the doors of this venue, I immediately knew that 'THIS WAS THE ONE!'. As of 5 hours ago, I have officially booked Canopy Creek Farm as my venue with Ms. Misty Fortkamp for... Read More my April 2016 wedding. Location: Wedding pictures featured on Pinterest, Google and TheKnot, does not give this location justice. I highly encourage you to visit this spot in person and then make your decision. Personnel: My second hope for you, is for you to get a chance to meet Misty. She is wonderful, knowledgeable and is a true asset to the Canopy Creek family. I feel comfort in knowing that she will be of assistance for this important occasion of mine. Lastly, when you visit this venue, bring a couple of very important people with you. In my case, it helped having a second, third and fourth opinion. Namely my mother, sister and sister-in-law. All agreed and verified that this spot has significantly exceeded our expectations. P.S. The 2016 calendar for this venue is starting to fill up. I suggest you contact them at 937-602-5867 or email at [email protected] and set up an appointment. Good luck!

Love love love this place!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 ashley b

I just recently reviewed canopy creek farm and I instantly fell in love with it! Misty was wonderful and showed me different ideas like the layout, ceremony ideas, and what brides have done in the past. While viewing the venue I actually ran into a father of the groom that was... Read More having their wedding that day and he said the staff was very accommodating and that everything had went smoothly and wonderful! I'm definitely booking my wedding at canopy creep farm within the next few days! But if you like it you better book fast because the dates book up quick!

Love, love, love this venue

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Lindsey W

Our wedding is in a few weeks but we booked with Canopy Creek before it was finished (last September) and today I had the opportunity to see the finished product (decorated for a wedding to boot!) It is gorgeous. It is the perfect venue for couples who are looking for the... Read More country chic vibe but also great for a more traditional reception like ours. The venue is classic and timeless, even though it is brand new! So glad we found the perfect place :)

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/26/2014

Canopy Creek is an incredibly stunning venue. I had been looking for a gorgeous barn with a lot of character and found that most of them did not have the convenience and amenities that I knew my guests would appreciate. Canopy Creek is perfect for the bride that wants to... Read More incorporate nature into her wedding but still create a place of comfort and convenience for her guests. The staff are amazing! Danette and Misty are always available and couldn't be any sweeter. Misty even worked out a custom floor plan complete with dimensions so that I could easily decorate from home! I recommend Canopy Creek without any hesitation!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lisa G

Canopy Creek Farm was so beautiful, and made a great location for our ceremony and reception. Dannette (owner) is so nice and wonderful.

Canopy creek

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 amanda s

My husband and I got married here 2 weeks ago. I have been overwhelmed for nearly a year with planning and details but the easiest decision we made about the entire day was to have it here. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Everyone told us all night how much they had been dying... Read More to see the inside of the barn and how pretty it was. We chose this location because we did not want to do a lot of decorating and the barn has enough character to it that few decorations still looked great. The owner, Danette, and her assistant, Misty, were always available for contact for all the little questions that arise along the planning and were very helpful and supportive. A couple of my vendors for the day were a little flaky, so it was kind of a relief that Misty was so organized and made sure everything was running smooth. A friend of mine is planning a wedding for 2015 and changed her venue to Canopy Creek after our wedding she loved it so much. I think we will be back many more times in the future and I love the idea of going back and making more memories!

THE WEDDING OF MY DREAMS

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Kara C

Where do I even begin. I watched this venue get built from the ground up starting last year. I emailed Danette ( the owner ) as soon as I saw a sign about a wedding venue coming soon. I cannot say enough about Danette .She was absolutely fantastic to work with . She let us come... Read More in and really look around and try to get ideas for our wedding. She had so much patience and seemed to really love helping brides and grooms out with their vision . This venue is beyond beautiful and pictures do not do it justice. I had the most amazing experience with the venue and the staff. They made it like I was the only person getting married there and truly listened to the style of wedding my husband and I wanted and made it happen. They were so genuine and seemed to really love their job. They helped out They provided just little extras that we would have never thought of . It was absolutely perfect! Thanks Canopy Creek and Danette and Misty ! Our day was perfect in every way !!!