Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Greater Lansing Area (517) 861-6567

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Cassie H

So easy to work with! Josh was very professional and really made our day go smoothly by paying attention to details the entire day. He did a great job keeping music going according to the crowd. I would highly recommend Capitol City DJs to any couple for their wedding or any... Read More even for that matter!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Jennifer B

I would highly recommend Capitol City DJ's! Josh was amazing to work with, he made sure that everything was taken care of on our wedding day. The music for my ceremony was perfect and the reception music and entertainment was great too. As the bride you don't want to have to... Read More worry about anything on your day, they definitely made sure everything was set and organized. Josh even went and got me a beer when he realized I didn't have one. Overall it was the perfect day, I couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Shelby D

First off couldn't of asked for a better DJ. We had a sit down meeting a few weeks before the wedding to give them an idea of what my fiancé at the time and I wanted and what we had in mind. They didn't turn our ideas down or steer them a different way. Even for the ceremony... Read More music which was our top priority. Day of everything I asked for they went above and beyond. The DJ was so laid back and very professional. Played every song the guests/the bridal party requested and more. Definitely recommend them if you are planning a fun and memorable event!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 McKenna S

Capitol City DJs were great! I was extremely happy with Josh - he was very easy to work with, easygoing, yet still very professional. During our final meeting before the wedding Josh asked if we had any requests, and I mentioned a local band that my husband and I really like. I... Read More wasn't expecting him to be able to find it, but I was so surprised to hear it during dinner! Josh truly went above and beyond for us. I was also impressed with the "all inclusive" pricing which was very reasonable!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda B

The best wedding receptions are the ones where you remember the party. When your friends and family are all dancing together, having a good time. I can say that Josh Rockey made this my truth for my wedding reception. He was professional and offered suggestions to keep the party... Read More fun for all. I am so happy that I went with his company for my special day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jay O

They were awesome. Their wedding plan really helped us plan every detail, and they had all the songs we requested. Could not have been happier. Thank you Capitol City DJs for making our night so much fun.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa B

We could not be happier with Capital City DJ's for making our wedding day perfect. They are really nice and very professional. We were impressed with how detailed they were when giving them our song information. No worries if you don't have a special song for a certain part of... Read More the day ( guest entry, bridal party entry, etc), they are really helpful and offer great suggestions. We added a teddy bear toss for all the little ones at our reception because of their suggestion. It was a great way to make them feel included and keep their interest! We wanted to make sure that our dance floor stayed packed throughout the whole night and we were not let down! Im confident that our guests truly enjoyed themselves because Capital City DJ's played the music they wanted to hear all night. Capital City DJ's also kept open communication through out the evening to ensure we stayed on track with everything that we had planned. We are extremely happy with them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their event!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kendra C

Capital City DJ's are amazing!! They're professional, fun, affordable and super nice. They've done a few weddings I've been to including my brothers and have always done an excellent job. They play all your requests, even those written on napkins and 3x5 note cards. I have also... Read More frequented a bar that they often DJ at and it's always a super fun night of dancing. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Eric H

Extremely happy with the services provided by Josh and Capitol City DJ's. The music was exactly what we wanted from intro's to dinner to dancing. We left Josh with a lot of freedom with music in our reception and we have zero complaints. He went over paperwork to a T and made... Read More sure we were all in the same page for everything. DJ services couldn't have gotten any better than what we had.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Michele T

I'm extremely impressed with the professionalism and talent that is displayed with Capital City DJ's. When I'm at an event and see their logo, I know I'm in for a great time. Josh Rockey and his staff are always on time, prepared and know how to get a party started and talked... Read More about for years to come. I highly recommend this company for your next event!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sarah S

My husband and I have used Josh from Capitol City DJs three times now and intend to use him in the future. We had him play at our wedding in July 2015, and we were hooked! They are professional and work to serve you and your needs. We wanted a calm wedding, so they gave that to... Read More us. My husband needed an exciting high school homecoming dance, and they even brought specialized lights with their music. I needed a classic rock feel for a 40th reunion at the Ignition Retreat and Conference Center, and they fit right in. Capitol City DJs are the best!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Evan W

Capital City DJs is the best. They made sure that we had all of the songs that we requested plus tons more. All thrown in the mix to keep the party going.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lana S

Capitol City DJs provided the music at my niece's wedding and did a wonderful job. Not only was the music appropriate for this group of people but the DJ got the people involved in enjoying the evening. Fun was had by all of this multi age group. I will use this company in... Read More the future as well as recommending them to everyone I know. You can't go wrong with hiring Capitol City DJs.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

I would highly recommend going with Capitol City DJs for your wedding reception. I had Josh as my MC and he did a fantastic job. My wedding was on July 30th, 2016 and it is September now and I still have people telling me how great our DJ was if you can believe that. He let us... Read More pick exactly what songs we wanted to request as well as being able to fit in request from others in a timely manner without them having to wait to hear their song after 5 others have already played. He was professional and kept everyone on the dance floor, literally the entire night. Price wise, probably the least expensive DJ my wife and I found while searching for a DJ prior to our wedding. Like I said I would Highly recommend going with Josh and Capitol City DJs.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

We hired Capital City Dj's for our wedding reception and couldn't have been more thankful! Their prices were reasonable (seriously some quite I received from other Dj's was outrageous!) and even better, they did a wonderful job MCing our wedding. People were on the dance floor... Read More the entire night and played exactly the music we wanted. We had Joshua Rockey as our MC and he sat down and met with us prior to the event to make sure this would be done exactly how we wanted it. If I ever have need of a Dj again, I will absolutely use them!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Julie C

Capital city dj's were awesome to work with. Very easy going, had all the songs I wanted, and played a great variety of songs at my wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better company to help make my special day perfect.

Kept Us Dancing all night

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

Our DJ was great to deal with, we met with him before the wedding to go over everything, and Josh, listened to all our requests, and song choices. He definitely made the night perfect and played exactly what we requested. As the night progressed our guests were able to request... Read More their music, and he made sure there was enough of a mix to keep the dance floor busy all night and all our friends happy! We contacted them because we saw them at 2 of our friend's weddings the previous year, and they came highly recommended. We already know one of our guests that have booked them for next year.

Not thrilled

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Betsy S

I wouldn't recommend them unless you got to pick your DJ as they have several. Ours did not have a lot of personality and definitely was not an "MC" for our evening. He was nice and easy to work with. But, he took a lot of requests as he wasn't playing very current songs people... Read More wanted to hear.

DJ

Reviewed on 12/23/2012 Kyle D

They did an amazing job!

Personal Friend

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Caitlin G

The owner of Capital City DJ's is a personal friend of mine and my husbands so of course he's the BEST! But seriously, we knew he would be our DJ so we didn't have to look around for another. I went to a few bridal shows in the Lansing area and was bombarded with pushy DJ's... Read More trying to convince me to book with them. I unwillingly took a few of their brochures/flyers/handouts in order to stop being harassed but also because I wanted to compare price. Capital City DJ's was $500 less than the closest price I saw from any other company- and they're doing the same thing! Music is important at a wedding but is it worth $1000+ for a DJ?! Capital City DJ's has an easy wedding contract with everything laid out for you- they even ask about your preference for dances I've never heard of (a parents dance? who knew...). They are affordable, professional, and willing to play whatever music you want- and all for less than any other DJ I've seen out there. Why wouldn't you use them for your wedding?!

Rating for Capital City DJs