Artistic, Modern, Romantic Photography

Natural, romantic, elegantly captured moments- My photography style can be described as romantic and elegant. I’m always looking for those in between moments on your special day… the ones that happen in the blink of an eye. Like when he sees you for the first time and can’t contain his excitement, he roar of laughter at the slightly embarrassing best man speech, or that moment during your first dance when you’re holding each other close and it feels like you’re the only two people left in the room. From start to finish, this process is centered around you. I want to bring your vision to life and ensure you’re taken care of. Believe me when I say I am just as excited to hear about your wedding as you are to talk to about it!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

All of Michigan and beyond (248) 891-2124
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Elizabeth M

Words can't describe how thankful my husband and I were that we chose Captured Couture to be our photography for our wedding. When searching for a photographer, we came across this photographer and all the reviews really drew us to search further. We looked at her website and... Read More saw the beautiful photos she taken and wanted to meet with her instantly! The pictures and details she captures is incredible. Jennifer is by far the most talented photographer. Meeting her, we knew she was a perfect fit for us because she was so welcoming, outgoing, and personable yet still professional. Everything was beyond accurate about Jennifer! Instantly we felt comfortable with her and that's huge because your photographer is with you almost the entire day of the wedding! Jennifer was extremely easy to work with. She is very organized and has all the details of what she does easily spelled out for you. She creates a timeline of the day which is HUGE to help coordinate with all the other vendors and events taking place on the big day so they know the time she needs to get the photos you want. The day of the wedding I did not have any worry, Jennifer and her assistant made sure all the little details that we spent the time and money on were captured. She made sure any picture we wanted happened. We would highly recommend Jennifer to anyone and already have!!

2017-02-19T18:52:27 Response from the vendor

Awe thank you so much for these kind words Lizzie! I cannot express how much this means to me. It is such an honor to have been with and Frank on such an amazing day! I wish you much happiness -Jennifer

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Laura M

Jennifer is THE BEST PERSON. She is so warm and supportive and incredibly quick with communication and help as you're planning. I am truly so happy that she was our photographer. Some things that were great: -She was totally open to (or rather, sought out) our specific feedback... Read More and ideas about what we wanted, and wasn't at all pushy or offended with our preference to go in a certain direction with the look of the photos; -We were nervous and awkward about having our photo taken and she was incredibly encouraging and made us feel relaxed. The engagement session was really helpful for that - I didn't know if we needed that but I'm glad we did it for that reason. -She's flexible and positive and doesn't get frazzled with the need to make on-the-spot changes or game-time calls about things (e.g. our engagements were in the most disgusting weather of the month and she was 100% chipper about however we wanted to do them - we ended up staying outside and they were great); -The investment is completely reasonable compared to the outrageous (to me, no offense to photographers) cost of others I looked into; -I was so surprised to see the ceremony photos because I literally don't remember her being there haha, she just got these amazing, intimate shots of different moments during the ceremony when I literally had no idea she was standing there. It was very cool. I say this while also appreciating that I think for all weddings, the people-walking-up-and-down-the-aisle shots are action shots and therefore a little, shall we say, organic - like my face looks a touch crazy with emotion - but that's what was really happening! If your expectations around those particular shots are realistic you'll be delighted (e.g. you probably won't look like Pinterest models in that shot unless you put your emotions back together, stop walking, and pose, which you likely won't want to do). -Her style is very classic yet versatile. Some other photographers look super hipster-Instagram-ish, but I feel confident that we will think these photos look normal for decades to come, rather than being like, so THAT style was a thing in the mid-2010s. At the same time, she did give us a couple photos that were edited in different styles (e.g. black and white) so we have some variety. -We got SO MANY PHOTOS. Like it's going to take a second to go through them all. But we have so many options and settings and memories to pick from when narrowing down what we'll frame, etc. Pro tip 1: we did our first look and family photos before the ceremony and we were glad we did. We were so overwhelmed with emotion and wanting to celebrate after the ceremony (plus I cried a bunch) that it would've felt annoying to force ourselves back into an administrative moment of family photos. Pro tip 2: We asked our officiant to make an announcement about putting away cameras and phones before the start of the processional, so the photos aren't a mess of folks holding up electronics. Awesome pictures, so awesome at communication and logistics, but honestly the best and I think most important thing about Jennifer is her personality. I felt like she had my back and like our needs and preferences were the center of our interactions with her. The wedding day is such a long, intense, strange, and stressful day that it's a godsend to have such a relaxed and supportive buddy throughout it. She is the best, best person. We're so impressed with her spirit and so grateful for her work.

2017-03-07T12:32:04 Response from the vendor

Laura, this review is so amazing. I am so grateful I was able to be with you on your wedding day. I cannot thank you enough for allowing me the honor of being your wedding your wedding photographer and your supportive wedding buddy <3

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Intissar S

Jennifer was the 2nd photographer I spoke to when trying to pick who we wanted to capture our beautiful day... Right when I saw her I immediately knew she was the one!! I have never felt so connected when it came to things I wanted and how I wanted them! She dealt with my crazy... Read More schedule and made sure I wasn't too stressed out, but also captured every single moment I could ask for from my engagement session to my wedding day. We were so blessed to have someone who made us feel comfortable and so excited about our special day, and it was so easy to simply be ourselves with her. I could go on and on, but I'm not joking when I say I she is perfect. Our relationship wasn't just left at her being our wedding photographer, I feel like she is a friend to us now, and also our family photographer :). Thank you for all you did to make our day perfect, and mostly for being you!! We love you :). We can't wait for many more years of photo sessions with you!!

2016-02-18T07:56:14 Response from the vendor

My dear Inty, I tear up every time I read this. You and David have infact become a couple of my favorite friends. I am so very blessed to have crossed paths with the two of you. I am so incredibly greatful to be have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Rebecca M

Jennifer and her assistant were absolutely amazing. There were a few minor bumps on my big day and the two of them jumped right in to help! Seriously, I could not have asked for a better photographer and she was so much more than that. My pictures came back quickly and were... Read More beautiful!!!

2017-11-14T16:48:10 Response from the vendor

Awe Becca!! Thank you so much for this review. I am so happy that we were able to be with you on your wedding day. I know there were moments of stress and nervousness (moments when I wanted to nothing more than to hug you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Ebony W

Jennifer is amazing. My partner and I discovered Captured Couture by looking for photographers who had done wedding at our venue (The Whitney-Detroit) and we couldn't be more excited to have Jennifer capture our wedding day. Jennifer is the best and I can't stress that enough.... Read More WE are having a small/intimate wedding and she came prepared with different packages to offer us based on what we asked for and our budget. We saw some of her work at our first meeting and her work was really good-a lot better than other work we'd seen from other photographers. My fiance, who is usually a hard sell, was sold on having Jennifer be our wedding photographer and so was I. During the next few months we worked with Jennifer to schedule our engagement session. We are very busy, and the weather was not working with us but luckily Jennifer was very accommodating. Our engagement went off without a hitch. My partner and I are kind of camera shy but Jennifer made us feel like naturals and our pictures came out great. Before we left the shoot she showed us one of the pictures and we were in amazed at how incredible the picture looked. Jennifer is the BOMB.COM

2017-10-12T10:52:39 Response from the vendor

Awe, I just adore you guys <3 For real Ebony and Douglas I cannot wait for your big day!!! Thank you so much for the sweet words and for being so trusting with your engagement session!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Deanna Z

Jennifer has been a pleasure to work with. She is quick to respond to emails and very willing to work with your schedule. Before booking she met with me to tell me her style of photography and to answer all of my questions. For my engagement shoot, Jennifer worked with us to get... Read More the pictures we wanted and suggested things along the way that made for beautiful pictures. I am very happy so far and can't wait to see what she captures at the wedding!

2017-10-12T10:53:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Deanna! I had a great time with you and Tom at your engagment session. I can't wait to see what you've put together for the big day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Lauren S

Choosing Jennifer as a wedding photographer is one of the best decisions you could ever make! She is so warm hearted, helpful and enthusiastic about her job and making your day perfect. From the first time I met her, she showed a genuine interest in my wedding details that made... Read More me see that she loves what she does and you can tell in all of our amazing photos. She is so helpful, always answering emails promptly and helping with any type of wedding questions--even if it doesn't necessarily pertain to photography. Our ceremony started late, cutting into our cocktail hour and more importantly our picture taking time. Jennifer was professional, quick and got us all of our photos we had requested with extended family and bridal party even in a time crunch. Her assistant Leanne was also amazing and so helpful! Throughout the night, Jennifer pulled us out to take the most amazing night time photos that turned out to be our favorites! We even received our photos only 2 weeks after our wedding! You will not regret choosing Jennifer for your wedding photographer. The night goes by so fast, it is more than worth it to have incredible photos to remember it by!

2017-10-12T10:54:47 Response from the vendor

Lauren, you and Dave were so sweet, thoughtful, kind and loving. I am so blessed to have crossed paths with you guys. It was such an honor to be there with you guys at you stared this new chapter of your life together. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Erin B

Jennifer is an absolutely amazing photographer!! When I started looking for a wedding photographer I did a few phone calls but as soon as I talked to Jennifer I knew she was the right choice for me. We just seemed to click right from the start and she had a great understanding... Read More of the vision I had for my wedding day. She was always very responsive to my emails and was very accommodating to my schedule as an out of state bride. I am so glad that she was able to capture my wedding day! She did a fabulous job of getting all of my requested photos and having them be even more beautiful then I could even imagine. We selected the package with the 2nd photographer and they were amazing as well! So glad I picked Jennifer since she was a pleasure to work with! Thank you Jennifer!

2017-08-21T10:37:02 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you Erin! We had an amazing time with you and Adam. I am so thrilled that I was able to achieve the bond that we were able to make even with you so far away. Its always an amazing feeling to feel so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Cris M

Jennifer was highly recommended by a co-worker. We were blessed to have her take pictures for both our kids weddings this summer! The days were busy and crazy and Jennifer was a sweet and calming person to have around. The pictures came out absolutely beautiful! Everyone that... Read More has seen them so far, just loves them. Both weddings were just perfect, and Jennifer made sure to capture the beauty of each one individually. We would highly recommend her and if we need a photographer in the future, Jennifer would be the one for sure!

2017-08-21T10:33:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Cris! I adore your family and I feel so blessed that I was able to spend not just one two amazing nights with you guys. You have raised two amazing children who chose two wonderful partners to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Heather D

We found Jennifer after feeling disappointed with our engagement photos from another photography company. Once I met with her I knew we were making a better choice, she actually connected with us, listened to what we wanted, and ultimately delivered tons of stunning images!... Read More Rather than chugging out some stiff, generic pics (like our previous experience) she captured our emotions, our body language is natural and it reflects our unique relationship. I don't think you can produce this type of art without a genuine bond with your client, and she definitely takes the time to nurture this relationship. Throughout the whole planning process she was attentive, helpful, and supportive. I truly believe her expertise as a wedding photographer is most apparent in her organization on the wedding day, she gets people to the right place at the right time-- her pre-planned timeline helped everything run smoothly and it was much easier to coordinate with other vendors. For us Jennifer was the goldilocks photographer, the perfect balance between "fly on the wall photojournalist" and giving some direction to help us look good in the pics. She has outstanding artistic vision and uses natural light to make *literal* magic (obvious if you look at her samples). For us, candid images were really important-- and the Captured Couture crew got some golden shots throughout the entire wedding day. Her second photographer and assistant were awesome, too :) We can't recommend her enough, she is super cool, down to earth, and really puts you at ease in front of the camera. We can't wait to work with her again!!

2017-07-06T10:10:21 Response from the vendor

Awe Heather, this review made me tear up a little. I am so happy that our paths crossed. I loved every minute I have been able to spend with you and Devon! The two of you are amazing, sweet souls and I am so blessed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Beth W

I have already written another review about how pleasant it was to work with Jennifer. She was very helpful before, during, and after the wedding to help to make sure we were satisfied. She was very quick while taking the photos, so that our guest were not waiting long. However,... Read More I am writing this review with 3 stars because I am disappointed in my photos. She gave us access to all of them to choose from, but there are so many that are not printable that it is frustrating. Many of them are not centered, blurry, cut off the grooms head or forehead, or have strange things in the background. She told us she would edit all of them for color and for blemishes, but there are some that you can see acne on my face. There is only one picture to choose from for a lot of important moments. There is only one of my dad and I walking down the aisle with both of our eyes open, and it is very far away. She was helpful when I sent some back to her to edit out strange things in the background or other editable things I was unhappy with. I understand not all of these are in her control, but it is very discouraging going through our photos and not having many or any that we are really excited about sharing and printing. Hopefully, you will only be getting married once, and this is all we have to remember our special day.

2017-05-23T12:06:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback Beth. I appreciate the opportunity to help you with these matters. I know we discussed a couple images that you requested to have things removed from (which were completed and returned). It sounds like there are some other images which... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Kara A

Jennifer photographed our wedding last June in Detroit. She was an absolute pleasure to work with! I truly cannot say how thankful I am for her. She was the first and only photographer we interviewed as we clicked with her immediately. She is professional, easy to work with and... Read More beyond on top of it. She got so many beautiful shots of our day! She is also more than a photographer- she made sure we stayed on schedule all day. I would recommend her to anyone!

2017-04-16T20:17:26 Response from the vendor

Awe Kara, Thank you so much for these kind words. I loved working with you and Trav. You are two of the kindness people I have ever met. I am so blessed to have amazing people like who support my business <3

Reviewed on 2/03/2017

Loved working with Jennifer! Very professional incorporated all the poses I waned to fit in for my big day! Exceeded our expectations. All of the pictures turned out amazing. My husband and I are not photogenic at all but she somehow managed to make us look perfect in every... Read More picture! I highly recommend Jennifer and her team!

2017-02-06T10:30:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Katlynn for the sweet words. It was a pleasure getting to know you Michael better. Your wedding was just as amazing as you are and I am thrilled that we were able to create stunning memories for you.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kathleen K

My now husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer for both our engagement photos and wedding day! Jennifer was great and easy to work with, and is amazing at choosing poses that work well with the couple. My husband wasn't particularly looking to get engagement... Read More photos done, but after how easy of a session we had with Jennifer and the amazing photos as a result, we knew we had found the right wedding photographer. Thank you again Jennifer for making our wedding day stress-free and for the fantastic pictures and photo album that we will cherish forever. :)

2017-01-09T14:58:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kathleen for allowing me to be with you and Paul on your wedding day. I had a wonderful time getting to know the two of you better and we made some amazing photos! I wish you many years of happiness together <3

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Beth Anne W

Jennifer was absolutely amazing! She was very well prepared and knew exactly how to direct people and pose us to make the photos turn out amazing! She was so sweet and flexible with what we wanted for the photos! The photos I've seen turn out great and she has been willing to... Read More work with us with through our random requests.

2017-01-09T14:59:32 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you Beth! I had a wonderful time getting to know you and Nate, both of you are sweet amazing people and I am honored that you chose me to be with you on your big day!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 christina l

Jennifer was absolutely amazing!!her pictures are breathtaking and she was so easy to communicate with! She has provided me with pictures that will last me a lifetime and for that I'm forever thankful. She also edited pictures so quickly in comparison to other couples who went... Read More with other photographers who waited months and months to receive their pictures! She's fabulous and will not regret booking with her! Thanks again Jennifer

2016-12-17T10:19:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and for allowing me the honor of being with you on your wedding day. May you have many amazing years together and memories to go with them!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Patricia O

Jennifer was fantastic! We selected her to take photos for our wedding after emailing and reviewing her previous albums, and she did a fantastic job. We are thrilled with her work, and she was able to capture exactly what we had hoped for. We received our wedding album (earlier... Read More than expected!) and the photos are beautiful. The whole process ran so smoothly, she was absolutely excellent at communicating and getting in touch -- which was greatly appreciated when planning a wedding from over 500 miles away! Jennifer made the whole wedding easier - offering a timeline from the very beginning. By far the most organized vendor of our wedding :) HIGHLY recommended.

2016-11-22T08:09:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words Patricia, and thank you again for allowing us to be with you on your special day!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Emily Z

Jennifer was wonderful to work with and an amazing photographer! She was easy to get a hold of, detail oriented, and took every one of our suggestions into consideration. Our wedding day was crazy due to weather, but Jennifer made sure we had a backlit session at the end of the... Read More night because our bride and groom time was cut short earlier in the day. Those photos are some of our favorite ones!! We are SO grateful she offered that to us. Photos for both events (engagement and wedding) are stunning. We couldn't believe how quickly we got the photos back too! Less than a month for our wedding photos!!

2016-11-22T08:10:38 Response from the vendor

Awe thank you Emily. It was a pleasure to be with you and Nick on this day. Your families raised two amazing people and I am so happy you found each other. Congrats again <3

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Jillian A

Jennifer was an absolute dream to work with! My (now) husband and I are not exactly fans of getting our photo taken, but Jennifer made us feel very comfortable in what would be an otherwise awkward experience for us. The photos turned out beautifully and I am so happy that she... Read More was there to capture our perfect day! Also, major props for being able to organize and handle my crazy family! Thanks so much for everything, Jennifer!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Erin W

We were so impressed with Jennifer. She was absolutely amazing to work with and so talented. We are blown away by our wedding pictures. Thank you for capturing memories for a lifetime, Jennifer!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Colette

Jennifer was great to work with. She was quick to respond to emails and had no problem answering any questions I had. Her attention to detail is quite impressive, to the point where she told the groomsmen to remove their cell phones and wallets from their pockets because she... Read More could see the outlines of them in their pockets! She is very creative and has an "eye" for awesome lighting. Jennifer made us feel comfortable and we had an awesome time with her. She helped make our night run smoothly, AND AHEAD of schedule. When does that ever happen?! We got all the photos we wanted and more. I am excited to make our wedding album that we purchased in our photography package in the next few weeks :)

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Lindsey K

Jennifer was so wonderful to work with during the whole wedding planning process! She made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the engagement photos, which helped make the wedding day feel the same way! She was always available for questions or concerns. The photos turned out... Read More beautiful and I couldn't believe how many photos we had for the day! I would definitely recommend using Jennifer and Captured Couture!

2016-05-30T11:46:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Lindsey. It was such a pleasure working with you and Adam. I wish you all the happiness the world!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Carrie O

Jennifer was the most amazing photographer! She made my wedding experience so special in the pictures turned out so beautiful and so unique. She truly cares about every single one of her clients and I wish I could work with her every day. I highly suggest her for any... Read More photography needed, she is simply put, the best!

2016-05-19T08:58:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Carrie! I had a wonderful time with you and Chris, I am so happy for the two of you. All the best! Jennifer

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Melissa M

Granted it has only been two weeks since we got married, I have swooned over the moments that Jennifer was able to capture countless times already. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever tire of looking at our gorgeous wedding photos!! From the very start of working with Jennifer... Read More at Captured Couture, she was accommodating, professional, and organized to a T. She answered any question that crossed my mind promptly and always with a friendly nature. Her prices are incredibly competitive too, especially considering the high-quality work that she delivers. The day of our wedding went as smoothly as possible and I give a lot of that credit to Jennifer and her assistant, Stacy. They arrived at the hotel while the bridal party was getting prepped for detail shots & Jennifer pulled me aside to give me a calming pep talk. SO APPRECIATED!! Before, during, & after the ceremony - Jennifer remained calm & organized despite the chaos of huge families shuffling around for their turn at a photo. She is definitely not only a professional photographer, but also a professional at herding masses of people around. Jennifer managed to only miss one of the shots we wanted from the entire day. I consider that a complete win because there were A LOT of shots that we asked for. After the ceremony, we traveled to Ann Arbor to take additional photos (her brilliant idea). On the way, we got a flat tire in the party bus. Again, Jennifer stepped up & gave yet another calming pep talk, reassuring that the delay would cause no issues. And it didn't - because she is AWESOME and moved quickly and efficiently for the rest of our time in Ann Arbor. At the reception, she captured every moment and detail perfectly. The photos were given to us extremely fast too. We received a sneak peak (5 or 6 photos) within 48 hours and the remainder of our photos within 10 days!! Oh, and did I mention that she was even the one to bustle my dress for me because the bridal party didn't know how too? She cares so much about her clients and the work that she does. I would recommend booking with Captured Couture to anyone!

2016-05-19T08:57:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Melissa for allowing me to spend an amazing, adventurous day with you. Even though everything did not always go as planned it was an amazing wedding, with two amazing people!

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Damon M

We loved working with Jennifer! She was professional, flexible, personable, and her work is beautiful. There are a lot of wonderful, talented wedding photographers out there, so what was the icing in the cake that made us decide to work with Jennifer? She includes an... Read More engagement sessions in her wedding package! It was a great opportunity to work with her prior to the wedding, get to know her and her style, and see her work so we could talk about what pictures we liked best, etc. When it came time for the wedding, we knew what to expect and knew that we would love the outcome!

2016-02-18T07:58:09 Response from the vendor

Jill, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful review. It was a true pleasure to be with you and Damion and your wedding day. I hope to be able to watch you start your family together and see the... Read Less Read More

Jennifer Woodward

I’m Jennifer, the woman behind the lens here at Captured Couture. I have a love affair with gorgeous light, a soft spot for the Detroit cityscape, and an affinity to capture details and preserve moments as they unfold. I am a locally and internationally published photographer who wants to be the most interesting single serving friend you’ve ever met! (Fight Club, anyone?) When I’m not working you might find me at home spending quality time with my incredible family or having amazing (hilarious) conversations with my best friend while we sip delicious wine.