In love with love

I LOVE TO CREATE VIBRANT AND ROMANTIC IMAGERY. Carissa Woo Photography is based in Southern California and available for world travel. Carissa & her team specializes in weddings, engagements, styled shoots, family, maternity, and boudoir shoots. Her work has been featured on 100 Layer Cake, California Wedding Day, The Knot, Serendipity Magazine, Bride and Bloom, Wedding Chicks and much more. Set up a meeting with Carissa and you will get a taste of photography heaven.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Los Angeles, Orange County, Worldwide (310) 940-7240
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lorena A

Carissa is the best photographer. She is beyond patient, fun, sweet, and very helpful. She did our engagement, wedding pictures, and ( boudoir too). My husband and I are extremely happy with her work. I did a boudoir to give to my fiancé then/husband now as a valentines gift... Read More and so far my husband now says that's the best gift ever. We look back at our pictures and until this day we don't have a favorite one since they are all incredible beautiful. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carissa, and were happy to continue working with her.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Kristen C

Fantastic photographer! Carissa was so easy to work with and did a great job keeping things relaxed and moving on the day of the wedding. The photos turned out beautiful and my husband and I would 100% recommend her to our friends. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Sarah W

Words cannot express how fortunate I feel that we found Carissa to capture our big day. Just by taking a look at her blog you will see how incredibly talented she is, but she is also great to work with. Not only does she make you feel at ease just by being around her, but... Read More she also gives the much needed direction to look natural in front of the camera and to get the best shots. I knew we hit gold with Carissa after taking our engagement photos in Laguna Beach. We spent hours walking AND driving around the area, with Carissa spotting the areas with beautiful backdrops and really eyeing the light. The photos look like something out of a magazine - they're gorgeous. Carissa had reached out leading up to the wedding to go over the timeline of the day, discuss when to have the bridal party ready by, provided a check list of what items to have with me for the day of, and to make note of all the family members in attendance. Carissa's organization for our day made me that much more organized overall! We were married on a HOT August day in Temecula, CA, which did not phase Carissa at all. She was non-stop! Putting my absolute trust in Carissa paid off - just 3 days after our wedding she sent us a large sample of photos of our wedding that were gorgeous. There is nothing better than being able to look at mages captured from your wedding just days after it took place - we were reliving it all over again. We received all of our photos about 2 weeks later and we could not be happier! I would ask Carissa to capture our day again in a heartbeat and without any hesitation, and will continue to recommend her to our friends getting married in the future!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Derek A

My fiancé, Derek and I, were married 7/8/17 at Wayfarers Chapel in Palos Verdes and reception at the Loft on Pine in Long Beach, Ca. I will preface this review with saying I got to know Carissa through my gym, Code 3 Athletics, when she would come photograph some of our work... Read More outs and events. She did really amazing work with the gym and I steadily saw her wedding photography base grow. So when it came to picking an engagement and wedding photographer, I immediately thought of Carissa. I'll be honest, I interviewed one other photographer before meeting with her but once I had the phone meeting with her and saw what she offered in her packages, I chose her. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION! Carissa is so incredibly professional, warm, personable, and connects with you as a bride ,as a person, and as a couple. My fiancé and I aren't the ones who "work the camera naturally" so we told Carissa this. She knew how to help us feel calm, relaxed, and totally cool just being ourselves. She gave the perfect cues and worked so gracefully throughout the entire shoot . Our engagement shoot took place at Mission San Juan Capistrano and on a boat out of Newport Beach Marina. She was so cool to work with, we loved spending the day with her. PLUS, the engagement album we received afterwards so so so so amazing! She took the time to edit and make any changes we suggested. Now...the day of the wedding. I can honestly say without a doubt, that Carissa and her team were THE BEST VENDORS of the day. For example, we arrived to the chapel and I was starving. She had one of her assistants pick up chicken fingers (my fav, btdubs) right before the ceremony. It was also the hottest day of the summer, so eating was critical to getting through the day. Our ceremony venue was pretty strict about photographers being in certain places, but Carissa was so out of this world good she got the shots that not many photographers could get. We got married at Wayfarers Chapel in Palos Verdes, a cliffside glass chapel overlooking the Pacific Ocean with spectacular views. Carissa and her team were the ones who got all the perfect shots that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! Words cannot describe how thankful I am for her hard work, professionalism, dedication to her craft, and genuine care for her brides. I felt like she was my assistant the day of the wedding! Anything that I needed or was too out of reach in a wedding dress, Carissa was there to help and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. She is fun, confident, totally relaxed, and engaging. I would recommend Carissa and her team of assistants for any photography needs! She was totally worth every penny! Oh, and let me add that her packaging for every piece work she does is impeccable. We received a USB of our engagement shoot in a nice detailed "love is the key" (literally a key!) drive. Our wedding package arrived with Mr. and Mrs. copper mugs, a wooden enclosed USB drive, and a personal hand written note from her. I mean the detail and time she takes for her brides is special and one of a kind. It really makes you feel that she takes the time to address her brides with love. Afterall, her slogan is: In Love with Love.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Tuan T

Carissa’s vision is quite remarkable and her ability is capture them even more extraordinary. We hired Carissa to shoot photos of our wedding and it was a pleasure to work with her. She is down to earth and when she is in the mode of working she gets down to business. She did a... Read More beautiful job at directing us to get the best photos. What we like about her work the most is her ability to keep us feeling comfortable in front of the camera to capture our true candid feelings. Carissa was always available and easy to communicate to if we had any questions. She was kind enough to work with our budget and payment options which lifted some weight off our shoulders when other wedding expenses started to roll in. What was even more sweet was that she took a handful of pictures our toddler niece while we were babysitting during our engagement photo session. We really do appreciate these gestures and shows us how much fun it was to have her as our photographer. We look forward to working with her in future projects.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Jessica K

After meeting Carissa, my husband and I knew immediately that we wanted her to be apart of our wedding. She is so genuine and confident in her talent, which was clear when she showed us her previous work. She really took into consideration all of our concerns regarding certain... Read More angles and positions and made both the engagement photo session and the wedding a fun positive experience! Before the wedding, she into careful consideration any family drama or separation of parents when it came to time to family plus and she kept true to all the photos shots that I had wanted. Turner and I absolutely loved working with Carissa and plan to use her for all our future photo needs!! She is my top recommendation for any bride looking for a genuine, fun, confident photographer!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Michelle Y

We are so happy we chose to work with Carissa for both our engagement and wedding photos! She is incredibly quick at selecting a good background and before you know it, has already taken a bunch of beautiful photos. You will also receive your photos in a shorter time than pretty... Read More much any other photographer. I have friends that got married before we did and still haven't received their wedding photos. Carissa started giving us sneak peeks of our photos 2 days after the wedding and all photos were done within a month! We have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos! We cannot thank Carissa enough for giving us photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Laura N

We cannot say enough about Carissa and her work. She is intuitive, fun, and knows photography and lighting like the back of her hand! She also has impeccable professionalism in her communications while preparing you for your big day. You will not have to second guess how to... Read More prepare for your shoot, as she thinks of everything and prepares you in advance. We have been photographed all our lives and have never had so much vitality, life, and beauty in any of our photographs as Carissa provides. She has an eye for detail and will bring out the joy in any moment through her artistic ideas. She is absolutely one of our favorite vendors. You will not be sorry for hiring her. Laura & John Niro

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Esther H

Carissa was beyond awesome to work with! She is ah-mazing! She's very professional, attentive and thorough! She really brought our ideas to life through her work and captured every precious moment through her photography. She made a hot blistering 102 degree sweaty engagement... Read More photo shoot day a beautiful breeze - with photos to prove! She made us feel comfortable as if we've known her for ever! Her personal touch and TLC throughout the whole photography session experience and on photos really truly is a work of art! Her eye for light and chasing natural light really showcases her beautiful photography! Our engagement photos came out dreamy and beautiful, we still get compliments 'till this day and our wedding photos look like we stepped out of a magazine! Her photography really pulled everything together! Thanks again Carissa!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Tien Y

To say Carissa is incredible is an understatement. My husband and I loved working with her. She was fun, confident in her photography style, and easy to talk to. She made us feel absolutely comfortable throughout our engagement shoot and was so organized and efficient on the... Read More wedding day. We had a few family members that were a bit more difficult to work with, but she was patient and accommodating. Her team was professional and all arrived on time. Most importantly, she was generous with her time. On the week of our wedding, we had an issue with our original ceremony venue and had to change last minute [If you didn't catch that, let me repeat, we changed our ceremony location the week of our wedding!]. But Carissa came to the rescue as we consulted her what to do (she even offered an hour complimentary because of our scheduling woes and requested another team member to help out day of the wedding!!!). All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed working along with Carissa and were so happy with how the pictures turned out. You have to hire Carissa as your photographer for any and all special occasions, she is truly the best there is.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Lesley P

Carissa Woo was amazing! She wasn't just amazing with my husband and myself, however with our daughter as well. She made us all feel very comfortable and made us feel like we all knew each other for a very long time. I have definitely recommended her to my family and friends.... Read More She worked with my budget and provided by far the most beautiful work I have seen. The moments she captured at both my engagement shoot and our wedding made me feel as if I were reliving the moment all over again through our albums she made us. I ABSOLUTELY love her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Montre B

My husband and I were fortunate to have Carissa Woo Photography document our wedding. Carissa brought our love story to life. Not only was the magic of our special day captured, but the true essence and spirit of our union came to life through Carissa's images. Anyone can simply... Read More take pictures, but it takes a photography artist and mastermind to tell a story through those pictures, and that is Carissa Woo Photography.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Montre B

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie R

The moment I met with Carissa, I knew that she was perfect photographer for our special day. My husband and I had our engagement shoot and wedding pictures done thru her. Not only did she make us feel comfortable--she took extra effort to capture special moments that we'd be... Read More able to keep forever. All of the photos came out beautifully and she did an amazing job in capturing and blending in colors together to highlight our favorite moments. I would definitely recommend her to our friends and look forward to working with her again in the future. Carissa is extremely sweet, patient and creative. She goes beyond to help capture the perfect shot and gives helpful advice/ tips.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jenny P

Hands down the most down to earth photography team on this planet! We LOVE Carissa and her second shooter(s), Dipan and Ryan! We had a really big and long wedding, so we're really glad Dipan and Ryan were available for our Big Day! Kevin and I have only been married for 2 weeks... Read More but already everyone has been loving and reposting our sneak peak photos all over social media! We're so fortunate to have booked Carissa Woo Photography early on because we found out later on our wedding date was SUPER popular this year! Our engagement photos turned out amazing also! Made our website looked 100x fancy :) Thank You Carissa Woo Photography for such an amazing job and for being such fun people to be around :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 K. L

OMG!! What can I say. Carissa is beyond amazing!!! I do not know how she does it but she was able to capture moments that I didn't know that my husband and I created. As soon as we met with her, we felt as if we had known her for years. My husband and I aren't ones to take lots... Read More of photos of ourselves so we were nervous for our engagement session but Carissa had the ability loosen us up and just have fun. Our friends and family LOVED our engagement session photos. They said that she captured who we are PERFECTLY. But she is not just limited to photography. She helped me plan my wedding with suggestions for vendors. She has such a passion for what she does and it shows in the work that she puts out. I cannot thank her enough for allowing my husband and I relive our wedding day through her beautifully crafted photos.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kevin D

Amazing photography team that followed us throughout our wedding day last week - we were able to view our sneak peak photos and they were phenomenal, I can't wait to see them all. I recommend Carissa Woo for any type of events, especially weddings and engagement shoots as I was... Read More 100% satisfied with the results. I will definitely use her services again in the future and refer to family and friends. Thank you Carissa, you have a wonderful gift to touch people's hearts through your work. - Kevin D. Law

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kat D

Carissa is by far my favorite wedding vendor! She is a true professional and we never had to worry about her throughout the wedding planning process or tell her what to do. From the moment we met her for our engagement shoot, we were hooked! My fiance (now husband) was dreading... Read More the e-session and thought it would be laborious and I thought it would be nerve wracking but Carissa was a natural at making US feel like naturals in front of the camera. We had so much fun with her! When our e-pics came back and we shared it with our friends and family, everyone was amazed at how there was not a single bad picture. We keep saying we can't pick a favorite because there are so many good pictures. We started looking forward to our wedding day even more because of her. On the wedding day, Carissa was awesome at keeping us calm and even helped me make my boobs look good and properly placed in my dress! We just got our wedding pics and everyone has been commenting on how amazing it all turned out, yet again! It's no surprise that Carissa exceeded our expectations every time. We can't wait for more milestones in the future and to have Carissa be there and capture it all for us. She feels like a friend and we look forward to working with her again someday!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 jeanifer c

We absolutely LOVED working with Carissa! Not only is her work amazing, Carissa is an amazing person to work with. She is genuine, thoughtful and extremely generous. Finding the right photographer you can rely on to capture the magic of your wedding day can be stressful. But... Read More after just a few moments with Carissa, we knew we were in good hands! We loved the way she connected with us and our guests to make everyone feel comfortable and beautiful the entire wedding. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved our photographer! She captures moments so that when you look back, you experience your wedding day all over again and MORE! My husband and I are so incredibly happy with our choice of using Carissa as our photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We highly recommend her! I would give 6 stars if I could!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 monica s

Carissa was wonderful - I had the pleasure of having her shoot both my engagement and wedding events. Both turned out lovely and couldn't of asked for better. My guests and bridal party after the wedding told me how hard they saw carissa and her team work during the event. She... Read More takes her profession and work very seriously and wants to put her best every time. She is very open to ideas and is also great at giving ideas. I had her pick my engagement shot outfits and couldn't be happier. She has an eye for catching very natural, candid and expressive shots. Mark and I are not good at pictures- we asked her to tell us exactly what to do- and we did and the pictures turned out so natural and awesome. But if you did have a idea and know what you want- she would definitely enahance it. I definitely recommend her to friends, family and anyone who wants a photographer who knows what she is doing. Even after the wedding- she followed up with us and got us all our albums and pictures. The packaging is always cute and well cared for. So glad I was referred to her. So happy! =)

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer H

Excellent photographer! We had Carissa as our photographer for both our Engagement shoot and our Wedding. Her photos came out amazing and the turnaround time was extremely quick. Any questions or concerns that we had were addressed quickly through email/text. For our... Read More engagement shoot she gave us the option of going to multiple places within the allotted time and she worked efficiently to give us a variety of settings and outfits! Our wedding day was a full day of events that included a Traditional Tea Ceremony in the morning and another wedding ceremony and reception in the evening. Carissa came with multiple assistants that took pictures throughout the day-- candid shots, ceremonial shots, group pictures, etc! All our friends and family who have seen the pictures have complimented the quality of the photos. I would highly recommend Carissa and her team for any professional event photos that you would need!! Can't wait until I have another event to have her shoot!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Denise V

Where do I begin?! Carissa has done "Mommy and Me" and maternity pictures for me and they were beautiful. I knew she was the one I wanted to photograph my wedding. Carissa and her assistant were punctual, professional and knew what they were doing. The best part is that I... Read More received sneak peeks soon after the wedding and received my wedding pictures soon after that- she is definitely not a vendor that you have to keep emailing or calling asking when you will be receiving things. Carissa is quick to send you everything and the quality of her work is amazing. I love my engagement canvas, engagement book and wedding book! If you're looking for a photographer who knows what they are doing, makes you feel comfortable and takes pride in their work then Carissa is for you!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I'm a makeup artist and am not usually in front of the camera. Carissa made me feel so comfortable on set and my pictures turned out amazing! I highly recommend Carissa for anyone who wants more than your typical bridal/ boudoir photos. She captures the essence of who you are.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Had the most pleasant experience with Carissa. She is extremely talented, easy going, funny and has a great eye for capturing the most perfect moments! My husband and I are so happy that we chose Carissa to capture the most amazing day of our lives. Her and her team will make... Read More you feel at ease on your big day. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sami P

My husband and I hired Carissa to shoot our wedding this past September. She was more amazing than I could have ever anticipated! We were hesitant to do an engagement shoot, but Carissa made us feel very comfortable, and assured us it would be great practice for the real deal.... Read More She was absolutely right. Both our engagement photos and our wedding photos were spectacular. Our friends and family absolutely love them too. Not only is Carissa talented, but she is incredibly sweet and considerate of your likes and dislikes and finds a way to make people take great pictures even when they are a little uncomfortable. I can't recommend her enough!!!

Carissa Woo

I'm a Torrance native and have been photographing weddings since 2012 full time. I love colorful walls, cool patterns and I chase pretty light. My clients think I am funny and feel comfortable with me while shooting. I am a dreamer, wife, believer in God, and practice gratitude every day.