After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning

16 17th Street NE, Washington, DC (202) 320-9893

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Hillary C

Caroline is absolutely amazing! She managed everything on our wedding day perfectly - she knows exactly how everything should flow for weddings and ensured that not only did our guests have a great time, but that everything we wanted to incorporate into our wedding was perfectly... Read More executed. On my wedding day I was excited / nervous and not focused on managing details and our timeline - but Caroline was calm, organized, solving any issue that came up, and knew how to get everyone / everything organized and on cue. For example, we had one small issue with the flowers that were delivered and Caroline called the florist and handled it in a matter of minutes. I can't tell you how many people on my wedding day commented how amazing she was - my family and bridal party kept telling us that she was the best planner they've worked with ... she really is amazing. I had a venue coordinator at my wedding (which was at a DC hotel) and wasn't sure if I also needed a month of planner. I learned late in the wedding planning process that the venue coordinator and planner are completely different responsibilities; Caroline will be there the whole day to oversee that every detail of your wedding is exactly how you envision it and will go above and beyond to coordinate everything (including with your vendors). Her expertise really helped to make our wedding even more special. While the hotel venue team was great - they in no way shape or form provide the same level or organization and coordination that Caroline provides. I wish I could give more than five stars - I can't thank her enough for ensuring our day was flawless!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 rimas f

A wedding is a joyous occasion gathering many or little amount of family and friends. And being a wonderful occasion as it is, it’s also an extremely stressful event, if planned all by yourself. Therefore, a wedding planner is a true necessity! The perfect wedding planner is... Read More going to take your wedding day to the next level and help you enjoy the experience. Just like the wedding I got to film in Washington DC. It was planned and executed by tremendously talented Caroline Dutton events and it was a sight to behold! Caroline was helpful in the days leading up to the wedding, guiding the vendors and making sure everyone was aware of the timeline and locations. RIMAS FILMS would like to highly recommend Caroline Dutton Events for your perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Abby H

Booking Caroline for her month-of coordination services was the best investment we made in our wedding. She was there to oversee the culmination of over a years worth of planning with incredible organization and abounding helpfulness. At the wedding itself, her assistance with... Read More execution proved invaluable and her orchestration of the whole day was fluid and seamless, allowing both of us to just relax and enjoy everything. She was there from start to finish, from picking up our DIY favors days before the event to putting the last of our guests into cabs after the last dance. A fabulous vendor I would recommend to every couple getting married in the DC area.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Sheila K

Having Caroline as my wedding planner was a HUGE factor in how smoothly my wedding day went. By the time I talked to her, we had already booked most of our vendors, so we decided to go with the "month-of" contract, so she really ramped it up the month leading up to the wedding.... Read More She is amazing. She handled as much as she could with all the vendors and really only got us involved when it was something personal (which is what we wanted, I'm sure if someone else wanted to be more hands-on, that would work too). And I cannot express how much she helped out on the big day itself. She is so pleasant, funny, and personable that you forget that she is also extremely efficiently running the show. Not to be stereotypical but she got my Indian wedding, with all my Indian relatives and friends, to actually be on time!! She also dealt with a lot of small emergencies behind the scenes, without my even knowing. I cannot thank her enough. If you hire Caroline Dutton, it will be one of the smartest decisions you will make for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Rachel N

I could go on for hours about my experience with Caroline Dutton Events. Flawless from beginning to end. Caroline is the sweetest, most put together, and professional person. She is responsive to e-mails, has incredible attention to detail, and is very helpful. Leading up to my... Read More wedding, Caroline was a perfect sounding board for planning and design. I was wanting a classic and timeless look and she was always sending me ideas on how this look could be achieved for my wedding. She thought of EVERYTHING and has such an eye for design and presentation, but also keeps the guest experience in mind to tactfully plan out a well-executed and guest-centric event. Another very important element is that Caroline made everything FUN and the entire experience was something I looked forward to. Every meeting with Caroline felt like Christmas because she has a way of making her clients feel incredible. Caroline also made me feel like I was her only bride and only priority, even though I know she has a lot going on in her life and multiple other weddings. That speaks volumes about her and her genuine passion for what she does and her clients. Wedding day was perfection. She was in/out of the bridal suite and was the perfect mix of energy for the day and a calming presence. I had the most STRESS-FREE wedding day because I knew Caroline had my back covered on everything. My entire family and I were able to be fully present and enjoy each event because we had Caroline & her team helping us out. Her assistants were also phenomenal - everyone knew what was happening the entire time and on my wedding day I felt like I had been working with them for the past 16 months. All of my vendors said that Caroline made the day effortless and beautiful. Caroline is so incredible that we will be using her for my sister's wedding (someday)!! There just is not a better planner in America who cares so much about her clients and provides such a wonderful experience. Thank you, Caroline!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Lindsey G

Hiring Caroline was the smartest decision that we made for our wedding day. I am (very) type A and particular, so I was nervous to hand over the control one month before our wedding and let someone else take over with the final details, coordination, and vendor communication.... Read More Our venue had an in-house coordinator, but I wanted an additional person (Caroline Dutton) to allow for me to take a step back from the planning and enjoy the last month of our engagement--and most importantly, our wedding day. This decision made the final month enjoyable, and Caroline took control to ensure that the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception was perfect. No matter how many curveballs or requests were thrown her way, Caroline made it happen. Caroline’s attention to detail and unbelievably professional (and friendly!) customer service makes her a must-hire. My husband and I were so lucky to work with Caroline and her team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Rachel M

I am soooo thankful I had Caroline to help out on the day of my wedding. Our wedding was an outdoor ceremony and reception at our home and it would not have gone nearly as smoothly without Caroline! From the first emails and our first meeting, I knew Caroline was the right... Read More person to have as my day-of coordinator. Her personality is perfect for this type of job - she thrives on helping others and her detail-orientedness and organization makes her excel at making sure everything goes as it should. Although I tried to make my "to-do list" easy for Caroline, I definitely gave her a LOT to take care of, and she went above and beyond to make sure the wedding was as perfect as it could be. Our wedding was amazing and everything went so well! I cannot thank Caroline enough for all her help in making our day flow as well as it did! :)