Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

awful photographer

Reviewed on 2/05/2014

Please be very careful before booking Carrie Rodman for your wedding! We had such a terrible experience with her. On our wedding day, Carrie complained her feet hurt because of her boots. She then sat on the back steps of the wedding venue while her assistant took photos.... Read More On top of this she was cranky and rude to our wedding party. This woman is a total penny pincher, rude and unprofessional. I would also not recommend paying her before she finishes the job.

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Kirby W

A week into my engagement, a million questions swirled in my head...many of which were already answered prior to my engagement (like almost every woman out there). I had the place (Newport, RI), the venue (Castle Hill), and the certainty I would have not one, but two dresses.... Read More But what was the next most important thing I had to figure out? The photographer. I searched the internet and one name stood out amongst the rest. Carrie Rodman. Her photos were beautiful, her style was impeccably glamorous. It was EXACTLY what I wanted. When I first spoke with Carrie over the phone, I immediately fell in love with her. She was incredibly easy-going, but eager to learn exactly what I wanted. She has a background in fashion photography and I wanted a piece of that. I didn’t want so many ‘staged’ photos, I wanted pictures of my shoes, ‘caught up in the moment’ pictures, and everything unexpected. She was the perfect woman for the job. My husband and I live in Chicago, but vacation every year in Rhode Island so we met her in person about a year before our September wedding to shoot our engagement photos. We instantly clicked. The shoot was easy and even my husband felt comfortable. Half way through the shoot, the weather turned, but somehow Carrie insured the pictures would be beautiful and they were amazing!! During the whole wedding planning process, Carrie was the key to my success. Not only did I hire the best photographer, I hired a highly organized wedding planner! She helped me create a timeline for the day, making suggestions and giving advice. She was familiar with the church, the venue, the florist; she knows everyone! The day of my wedding, Carrie was there bright and early to capture my bridesmaids and I getting ready with hair and make-up in our suite at Mill Street Inn. She had brought along her right hand woman, Sesha, who was the best!! Carrie’s 2nd shooter, Sara, was photographing the boys elsewhere (and those pictures turned out stunning). The girls (Carrie, Sesha, and Sara) were with us all day. They were all gracious and made everyone at the wedding feel special and beautiful. Carrie didn’t forget a thing. The pictures from the wedding blew me away. I didn’t think it was possible to have exactly what I wanted. But it was. I had Carrie Rodman. I had the best.

You won't regret Carrie as your wedding photographer

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Jaimie T

Carrie is a delight - working with her was like hanging out with a close girlfriend. Her likable personality aside, Carrie is extremely talented at what she does. We thoroughly researched wedding photographers and videographers, our videographer was flown in from London. She is... Read More one of the best wedding photographers on the east coast without a doubt. Even though it rained on our wedding day, her quick thinking allowed us to still get the shots we discussed. I trusted her and did not worry - Carrie and her team were on top of everything photo related. Everyone that has seen our wedding album has been blown away by the quality of the shots, the layout, the feel of the pages. Pricy albums, but you get what you pay for in the wedding world, so worth every penny. Her contract is thorough and the receipt of our materials was timely. I would recommend Carrie, she is super professional and extremely talented at making brides and their guests look beautiful. Thank you Carrie!

The Best Around!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 lahna s

I’ve had the unique pleasure of working with Carrie for over a year. When my husband and I started planning our wedding, the date was set for February 9, 2013 in Newport, RI. Carrie took beautiful engagement photos for us (in 98 degree heat) last July and made the scorching sun... Read More her prop as we all fought heat exhaustion. When the weekend of Feb. 9 rolled around, Nemo (the blizzard, not the fish) was slamming the Northeast with snow. Carrie stayed positive and adaptive, ensuring us that even if there were a blizzard, our hunter boots and bright colored umbrellas would make the perfect picture. Rhode Island was placed in a State of Emergency and the wedding was postponed to June 1. Carrie was fantastic and accommodated our new, high-demand date. She was a blast to work with, making the long day a seamless transition between venues. Her whole team was professional, fun and highly skilled. We couldn’t be happier with the finished product. The images capture the spontaneity and love of the day in a beautiful, artistic manner. We highly recommend Carrie & her team!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Courtney R

Finding a wedding photographer is hard to do but I lucked out with Carrie Rodman. As soon as I saw her famous "bride fastening her wedding shoe" picture, I was in love. Then I met Carrie and was sold. I instantaneously felt very comfortable with her. She outlined all her... Read More services and explained what she thought would work best for my needs very clearly. I was having both my ceremony and wedding reception at the Belle Mer so I did not have a gap between my ceremony and cocktail hour, therefore leaving no time for pictures. She told me that the best way to solve this problem of missing my cocktail hour was to see my fiancee before the ceremony and knock out some pictures then. This was what is called "The First Look." I have to admit I really did not like this idea but Carrie told me that this is usually much more intimate than seeing each other for the first time walking down the aisle in front of an entire crowd of people. She was right! Seeing my now-husband up close and personal before the ceremony was not only so romantic and emotional, but it also calmed my nerves 100% and allowed the most important moment of our lives to be photographed with both of us in the same picture. It was the best advice that I now give to brides today. Not only is Carrie a very talented photographer, but she is also very professional. She always responded to my emails/phone calls right away and answered all my questions thoroughly. Her team is also amazing to work with. Her assistant photographer Sarah, also took very stylized shots from different angles that made for some very artistic pictures. Her other assistant Sesha, was super sweet and so attentive to my needs the day of. Carrie's pictures truly captured the special moments of my big day that my husband and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. We could not have asked for a better photographer.

Unbelievable Shots

Reviewed on 12/06/2011 Megan C

Carrie was so much fun to work with and now we have amazing photos. She is organized and very professional. Catered to our needs.

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Lorena L

Carrie is awesome! Her photos are breathtaking. I am not a big picture person but she made me feel so comfortable and made us all look so amazing!

Loved Carrie!

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Kirsten C

Carrie was amazing to work with! She did our engagement pics in Newport, and our wedding a few weeks ago. We had Hurricane Irene the weekend of our wedding, and she was unbelievable. She was so professional and fun to be around. Loved working with her!

The Best of the Best

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Erica K

Carrie Rodman brings her New York style to Newport with per incredible energy and artistic eye. I actually had a guest come up to me at the end of the night and say "I have never seen a photographer work so hard." I can truely attest to her wonderful work. Her support,... Read More creativity and passion was evident from the day we met and continues long after the wedding. I highly recommend her and her team.

Made me feel like a model!

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Alexandra R

Carrie is the best! She clearly knows her stuff and is creative, responsive and fun. We had a large wedding party with 9 kids and she was able to make it happen. She works a bit last minute (we got our schedule for the day ironed out only a few days before the wedding), but it... Read More works. When she says trust her, she means it - - and she is totally right! I can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Emily K

My husband and I loved Carrie. Great personality, fun to work with. Beautiful photos!