Casa Loma Ballroom

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located just 12 minutes away from downtown St. Louis, Missouri, people consider Casa Loma Ballroom the last grand ballroom in the city. Built in 1927, it is primarily a landmark of entertainment in the city, but also serves as a banquet hall and venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners and other special occasions. The spacious facility offers a retro-like ambience with its old-fashioned, yet elegant ballroom; sweeping balcony; full-brass orchestras and concert-like sounds. Couples and their guests transport back in time when the ballroom switches on its overhead mood lights and mirror ball. Casa Loma Ballroom is capable of seating up to 850 guests in its air-conditioned facility.

An impressive 5,000-square-foot "floating" dance floor is the highlight of the site. The honey-maple tongue-and-groove rubberized dance floor is gentle on the knees, letting couples and their guests dance their hearts out throughout the event. The 45-foot stage usually holds a 24-piece orchestra, but the couple can choose their own favorite band or DJ to play their favorite songs. A large screen is available for playing videos of the couple or any preferred footage or entertainment.

Indoor Balcony. The second level houses a wraparound balcony that gives guests and couples a bird's eye view of the whole dance floor. When furnished with seats and tables, it easily transforms into a relaxing space where guests can lounge about while enjoying the view of other guests enjoying themselves on the dance floor. It is also a great location for taking pictures with the massive dance floor, bright lights and hundreds of guests in the background.

Casa Loma Ballroom works with an in-house catering company for its wedding banquets. All wedding packages include in-house catering, provisions of tables, linens, full-service bars, decorative candles, cake cutting and event planning. Upgrades include, but are not limited to, additional choices for seat covers, linens, decorations, themed receptions and separate cakes for the bride and the groom. Couples may opt to hire a third-party catering service provider as long as it has catering certification.

The site offers a selection of decorations for the couple to choose from, but they can also bring in their own decorations before the event. Lighting and sound equipment are available on site. For entertainment and music, Casa Loma Ballroom is in contact with top local bands, entertainers, DJs and orchestra groups in the area and can arrange for one or several groups to perform on the couple's special day.

Event coordinators help the couple prepare and organize the details of their event. To help couples choose a themed reception, they present samples inspired by previous weddings and receptions held in the facility. For couples who want separate event spaces for cocktail hours and after-party events, the event planner suggests a variety of floor plans to accommodate each event. Event coordinators also work with the couple and the in-house caterer to create a customized menu that suits the couple's taste. It is possible to book an event at Casa Loma Ballroom by contacting the site through its 24-hour customer line or by contacting the owner directly.

• Lighted and secured parking area
  • Coat check
  • Price per guest
  • Free dance lessons (select days)

Enchanting Reception Site at Casa Loma Ballroom

Built in 1927, the Casa Loma Ballroom is St. Louis' last "grand ballroom" featuring a 5,000-square-foot "floating" dance floor and 30' stage. With seating from 150 to 850 guests, the Casa Loma offers a variety of packages for your special day. Unique individual service provided by the owners.

Ballroom

3354 Iowa Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 650-2462

Dancing the night away!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Megan W

Where do I even start!? From the moment I called to leave a message on Father's Day about renting Casa Loma for our reception we were treated wonderfully! Pat even answered the call and when I explained that I was just going to leave a message we ended up talking all sorts of... Read More details and he answered all of my questions. The venue is a BEAUTIFUL huge space, that could easily fit all of our friends and family and even more if we had them! Teri and Pat answered every question and would bend over backward for anything we needed. They even let us in the night before after a huge Big Band Dance to decorate, which meant the world to us that they were willing to stay until about 1:00 a.m. to help us get it done. They are amazing, Casa Loma truly is a hidden gem! When we picked the venue, my Grandpa noted that the last time he had been inside Casa Loma, he and my Grandma had gone dancing for a date, before they were married. Teri and Pat, Beau and I can't thank you both enough for a wonderful, stress free, carefree AMAZING evening with our family and friends to celebrate the start of our new lives together! The two of you are like family to us. THANK YOU!

A Night to Remember!

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Amy M

The staff at the Casa Loma were amazing to us! I was so thrilled with how smoothly everything went the night of my reception (last night!). Table placement was tricky with my group but they worked it out seamlessly! Leading up the reception was also a pleasure! They were very... Read More accommodating! Chef Larry was great to work with and my guests and I were very pleased with the food! The dance floor is amazing! There was plenty of space for people who just wanted to casually groove and people who wanted to boogie all night! I wish I could do it all over again and I'd definitely have it at the Casa Loma!

Review for Casa Loma Ballroom

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathryn D

Casa Loma is an old 1940's ballroom. It has character and the largest dance floor I have ever seen. Pat Brannon the manager is wonderful and very cooperative. With a band you cannot go wrong here. It was a fantastic time!;Unfortunately since Casa Loma is historic it is not... Read More handicap accessible.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Amy K

I love Casa Loma Ballroom!! We needed somewhere to accommodate our large wedding reception and Casa Loma fit the bill. It is a beautiful place filled with memories of the past. The 5000 foot floating dance floor was a hit. I love the big bang era ambiance that Casa Loma... Read More provides. Teri was extremely helpful in setting up the reception. Tons of people that attended our wedding are still telling us how much fun they had at the reception.

Dalia quinceanera

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Casa loma held my daughters party, everything was perfect! We had well over 300 quests, a dj, a band. with all that at no one felt clustered. The party was a dream come true, i walked in and the decorations made it seem like we were in a fairy tail. The sound carried through the... Read More building flawlessly. All the bartenders were friendly and ready to take on our party. Pat and Terri the owners made sure the whole time that everything was in order she even captioned photos and video that we would have never got. Thank you!

Best reception ever

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Was my daughter reception. The food & service was excellent. The dance floor was so big everyone could get out & dance. The way Casa Loma is decorated for weddings is beautiful. My daughter had pictures taken from the balcony which turned out great. Book your reception at Casa... Read More Loma & you will have a great time.

Great time at Casa Loma

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

This was my son reception the food was well prepared the service was excellent.The band we choice with the help of Casa Loma was great. Everybody had a good time.I strongly recommend Casa Loma for a wedding reception

A dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Lizzie L

Originally built in the 1920s, the Casa Loma may not have all the modern, new fixtures and designs that some venues may offer, but we had our wedding reception of 350 people here and it was magical and majestic! I can't imagine having had the reception anywhere else. The... Read More owners Pat and Teri treat you like family and bend over backwards to help you create your dream wedding! The venue itself has lighting and a screen that can add to your décor. The open ballroom floor plan makes any guest's seat a great seat to view all the dance floor action! The 2nd floor balcony is a fun way for guests and your wedding photographer to catch a bird's eye view of the party! We even took a group picture of all 350 people at the wedding and now have it hanging in our home =) Truly a night to remember! Thanks Casa Loma!!!!!!

Incredible Venue-Top Notch Service!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014

Teri and Pat at the Casa Ballroom in St. Louis are two of the most accommodating people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. They made my reception absolutely perfect. I worried about seating for such a large group of attendees (320+) but with their helpful planning,... Read More things went off without a hitch. The venue is amazing with a huge dance floor...perfect for this dancing bride and all of the guests. The food was great and my guests were happy with their bar service. If I had to do it all over again, I would surely choose Casa Loma!

Unique Reception in the City

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Rebekah R

My fiancé and I saw Casa Loma in our preliminary search for a reception venue. The owners were so friendly and easy to speak with. We were also impressed with the size of the dance floor, cost, and items included in the cost. In the end, we chose Casa Loma for all the above... Read More mentioned things. It was an excellent experience. We loved working with the owners and felt very well taken care of. We were able to come in early to decorate the room exactly as we wanted. The dance floor was perfect and our guests had a great time! The only reason I rated with 4 stars instead of 5 is the issue of parking. Our guests could have paid $5 for the closest lot or free parking one lot over. The down side is that our guests were told that they might get a parking ticket in the free lot since it was not yet 7pm. In the end, we did not hear of anyone getting a ticket. If you are looking for a unique place to have your reception with excellent people to work with, Casa Loma definitely fits the bill.

Dance!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Jenna F

This is a great place to PARTY! If you want a fun reception this is the place to go!

Great location, flexible owners

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Ashley P

I loved the Casa Loma Ballroom! Pat (owner) was super laid back and flexible, but made sure that my wants/needs were met immediately. It looks amazing when decorated and is so unique! Our friends danced the night away. Thanks Casa Loma for making our wedding reception the... Read More reception of our dreams!