West Michigan Wedding Experts

As a family-owned and operated company, there is nothing Catered Creations enjoys more than planning a couple’s dream wedding. The Grand Rapids area is our home, and we love planning weddings in our community for both neighbors and destination wedding celebrators! With beautiful venues to choose from and delicious menus to make, Catered Creations provides the dedicated, passionate service you need to make your dream celebrations a reality.

Cuisine

American

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1716 Coit Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI (616) 361-6165

Amazing, made our wedding even better

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

We are from Chicago and we hired Catered creations for our summer camp wedding at Camp Pendalouan. Not only did Patti come to the location and meet with us to get a full feel of our wedding theme, she was beyond accommodating when it came to customizing our menu for a more... Read More middle eastern theme menu. They went out of there way to create a new appetizer (lentil soup shooters) which was amazing. As soon as I walked in after the ceremony, people were coming up to me to compliment the appetizers ( the shooters and the Zucchini Bruschetta). The decorations were amazing, and the main entrees (salmon and chicken) were the talk of the night. The blueberry bread pudding was also one of the favorite items. Our guests who are foodies and coffee snobs that were amazed on how good the items were. One thing people remember from a wedding and it is the food. My favorite quote from a relative "this was the best wedding meal I have ever had," and this guy is a foodie cook. You will not be disappointed and we are already planning on hiring them for our anniversary reunion.

Nice people, DELICIOUS food!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Becky

I'd like to start off by saying that the staff at Catered Creations were an absolute blessing to work with. They sincerely care about you and making your wedding day special! They were so accommodating to absolutely anything you could request. Patti, one of the owners, also... Read More offered us abundant information, ideas, and suggestions for almost every aspect of our wedding! It was great! And the food is phenomenal. We got so many compliments. I recommend the mashed potato bar for sure! :) Lots of options to choose from, they offer a food tasting, very flexible. Great catering company!

I Totally Recommend Catered Creations!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 ERIN C

THE BEST!!! I'm so glad we found this place! When we booked The Cheney Place, they held a few different catering tasting events. It was a great way to sample many local caterers. Our favorite was Catered Creations. They do an amazing job. Everything we tasted was delicious,... Read More making it hard to choose our menu, not a bad thing! Patti was wonderful to work with and even helped us with reception ideas and timeline. They've been doing this for a long time, so we liked hearing their suggestions and advice. The staff was very professional and friendly. The pricing was very reasonable. Our reception dinner was great and we had so many complements. I just wish I could have eaten more of everything!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Rebecca M

At first they were very kind and helpful, but it quickly became noticeable that they were soley in it for the money. They were not helpful when it came to anything. I personally thought they were unreasonable and went against things stated in their contract. My MOH is having... Read More them cater her wedding as well, and she is having similar issues. While the food is good, the customer service is terrible.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jamie C

Patti and her team at Catered Creations, Inc were so wonderful to work with for our We Still Do summer wedding in Southwest, MI. She was so flexible throughout the entire process as we planned our entire day from out-of-state. Not only did she help keep everything within our... Read More budget, but she also provided some great suggestions to our menu that we would have never thought of otherwise! My mom, who is quite the picky eater, was able to attend the taste testing event for us in Michigan and had only great things to say about the food and service. When it came to the day of of our wedding, everything went as planned and the food and service were just like my mom had described...AMAZING! I highly recommended Catered Creations, Inc as the caterer for your wedding or event!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Lindsay S

The food was fantastic, service was even better. They even handled the crazy weather with grace. Had high compliments from many guests. Could not have asked for better - especially for the price!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Tisha R

Ever since we met Patti and her team they were amazing. Their food is absolutely delicious. We went to a few tastings and every time there was new food to try. She works with you to make sure you get what you want within your budget. She works everything out perfectly down to... Read More the detail. I had many compliments on the food people asking who I had do the catering. I would recommend her to anyone who needs catering needs.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Katy G

Catered Creations catered our wedding on 6/10/16 and they did a PHENOMENAL job! Patti (owner) was SO flexible went above and beyond to help us to serve sushi as an entree for our wedding (which a LOT of catering companies won't do). She is a hands-on owner who is extremely... Read More reliable and even was on-site for our wedding and checked in with us throughout the night to make sure everything went smoothly. Highly recommend!

Awesome Service

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Shelby L

Catered Creations had done my sister's wedding so it was an easy choice for me. Patti and Chris are awesome and extremely helpful. They will create whatever you want for dinner and its delicious. My husband wanted a Mexican Buffet and I asked for some prices and ideas and they... Read More delivered several options to choose from and the food was awesome! We have gotten several compliments on the meal.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Natalie

Catered Creations was recommended to us by our venue and we are glad they did. From the first meeting to the final cleanup they were amazing. Patti walked us through all the options and helped ease our minds. There was a group tasting in a furniture store which we really... Read More enjoyed. Emails and phone calls were answered promptly. We never felt like we were being talked into options that we did not need. The cost was extremely reasonable given the quality of the food. It seems like every time the food at our wedding comes up someone says "I wish I would have gotten some of X but I just ate too much of the other food. It was soooo good!" Although Patti was not able to attend our wedding due to having another wedding on the same date, we could not have asked for better service. If we ever need another event catered, Catered Creations will be the first call that we make.

2015-10-26T16:21:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the nice review. It was a pleasure working with the two of you! Allie really enjoyed serving you and commented on what a nice toast your father gave! Best wishes!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Aimee G

Catered Creations catered our event at Post Family Farm on June 6, 2015. We had a pig roast with a number of different sides. For dessert, they provided a variety of dessert bars, cupcakes and mini pies, which were displayed on a pyramid. The food was amazing and the staff... Read More was very friendly and professional. We were asked a number of times if we wanted warm food as we took time during dinner to talk to our guests. Many of our guests commented on the quality of the food and staff. We were very happy with Catered Creations, they were easy to work with up to the event and were fantastic on the day! Highly recommend using Catered Creations for any event!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Alanna R

Patti is phenomenal! She was committed to making our reception special! The food was delicious and was displayed to match the venue. She was so flexible in making our menu and all of our guests commented on the food. She was extremely attentive through the reception and... Read More handled all of the changes in stride. There are a lot of choices when it comes to caterers but I'm convinced Catered Creations in the best!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jamie B

Catered creations was amazing! They were very professional and provided great customer service. Patti responded quickly to emails and made all our menu dreams come true! I cannot get over how stunning the presentation was at each place setting at our wedding. The food was... Read More extremely delicious and was exactly what we wanted. I'm so so thankful we hired catered creations!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Amanda P

The food was AMAZING! I am usually not the biggest fan of stereotypical wedding food (you know, when you have to pick either chicken or beef), so my husband and I went with the stations. We had a fish taco station which were made with proper fish taco ingredients (we're from the... Read More southwest, so that was a big deal to us), a mac n' cheese station that I have dreams about, a slider station with pulled pork and veggie burgers (homemade veggie burgers, not MorningStar), a garden station with the most amazing dressing, and a bruschetta station. We also did a cupcake tower with red velvet and banana chocolate chip cupcakes. It was the most amazing food I had ever had at a wedding. They were always prompt in responding to emails and phone calls (We live in Arizona and had to do all of our wedding communications that way) and were very accommodating. Every member of their staff was extremely professional. They are a preferred vendor of the Post Family Farm and we could see why - they work very well together. Definitely recommend!

May Wedding

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Anne W

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! We could not be more pleased with Patti and her staff! They were amazing. The food was fresh and delicious, her staff was professional, and they set up displays on the buffet tables that matched my wedding colors. There were a few guests there that judge a... Read More wedding based on the food, and we got rave reviews from them! People were coming up to me all night talking about how good the food was (among other things)! Anything I ever need catered in the Grand Rapids area I will use Catered Creations for. I highly, HIGHLY recommend them. Also - Patti was so professional and really good at keeping in contact with me! I had a short engagement (about six months) and she was super flexible in working with me and made my life a lot easier!

Highly recommend Catered Creations!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Roberta S

They catered my daughters wedding reception on 9-20-2014. Patti and the staff were very professional, easy to work with, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond just providing food, they helped with all the many details that go into putting on a... Read More reception. We were able to customize the menu to our liking and it was amazing. We received numerous compliments from our guests throughout the day and for weeks afterwards.

Excellent

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 kiley h

They were able to cater my wedding with only four weeks to the day!! I greatly appreciate Patti!

Daughters Wedding

Reviewed on 7/17/2014

Catered Creations did an amazing job. The food was amazing. We have loads of complements. I had a friend say it was the best reception food she has ever had. We were delighted with how easy it was. we just showed up and everything was taken care of for us. Patti and her staff... Read More ROCK!!!!!! Thanks again for all your hard work.

Amazing food and service!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Meagan S

We loved the food at our wedding and so did our guests! Many people raved about the food for weeks after the wedding. They went out of their way to make sure the bridal party all got food first...even as far as getting a plate for the bride and groom. We went old school and had... Read More cordon bleu chicken and salsbury steak...it exceeded our expectations! They were very reasonable in price as well. I will definitely be using this company again for all my catering needs.

Best Caterer Ever

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Connie M

Catered Creations did a fantastic job for my wedding and all rave reviews from our guests! The food was delicious and the service was unbelievable. Patti is very pleasant to work with and will make sure she accommodates all of your needs. They have been in business for a very... Read More long time and completely reliable to work with. I highly recommend Catered Creations for any event and especially Weddings:)

Exactly What We Wanted

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

The knowledgable and friendly staff at Catered Creations provided everything we needed for our daughter's wedding reception. They allowed us to select a personalized menu, provided taste testing, and helped us order our linens. Then at the reception the food and service were... Read More outstanding. I would highly recommend Catered Creations!!!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Melissa M

Catered Creations worked so well for us! They were very willing to try anything we suggested. We had many, many guests RAVING about how good the food was! We never had one hiccup with this company at all. I HIGHLY recommend them for any event!

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Dawn C

I used catered creations for my wedding this August 2013. We met with Patti a year out Thanksgiving of 2012 and tasted some amazing food, we quickly signed contracts to secure Catered Creations for our wedding. Patti also assisted us with our Tent and chair and table rental... Read More for our wedding as they have an agreement with a local rental company. Over all the food was great and we had many compliments. Although the service the day of the wedding was not so great, it was mid august and almost 90 degrees outside we had ordered tea and lemonade for people who did not drink alcohol and I had to demand it be put out "before dinner was served" so my guests could have something to drink. Then at the end of the night I had to ask them to leave the half full containers of tea and lemonade so that my guests would have something to drink. I just felt like on my wedding day I was on their schedule and I was inconveniencing the service staff. I also had a bunch of people at my wedding tell me that the staff picked their dinner plate up with out asking when they were still eating their food. I would recommend them for a wedding but I would say you have to outline in detail exactly what you want because the company and servers are not willing to bend or help out everything is and extra charge or more money.

'Actually good' wedding food

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Julia H

A large number of our guests made sure to tell us that the food was surprisingly delicious. Apparently, many wedding caterers make terrible food. We were lucky enough to get a caterer that made delicious food.

Great food and people

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Leslie K

Catered Creations did a fantastic job at our wedding. The food tasted so good and the staff were just great.

2012-10-04T13:49:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Leslie! We loved working with you and The Cheney Place. Your wedding was beautiful!