Curating Memories & Heartfelt Emotions

I am passionate about documenting stories for couples that love each other deeply. Real, simple, natural life moments feed my soul. I’m artistic, adventurous and have a knack for finding out exactly what makes your story special. Tell me how you want your wedding day captured! What types of images do you want decorating your home after the wedding but also displayed at your 50th Wedding Anniversary Celeration? I'll curate these memories for you to enjoy for years to come!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Omaha, NE Nebraska + Worldwide (402) 670-7185

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelli A

Cara was a true joy to work with. Her expertise in photography is evident in the pictures we got both for our engagement session then on our big day. What I loved most about working with her was her down-to-earth personality. It was easy to see that Cara is invested in her... Read More clients and really takes their wishes and wants into the forefront. She came into our lives as our wedding photographer, but is staying in it as a friend. That's just the kind of person she is, kind, warm-hearted, and just a down right good person. I have gotten so many compliments of her work from my family, friends, and wedding guests and would recommend her to ANYONE! She's the best of the best! A true honor to have her capture our big day!

2016-10-27T11:04:14 Response from the vendor

Kelli, I genuinely appreciate YOU! Spending time with you and Austin was the best. I loved meeting and hearing your story together and I'll look forward to seeing the rest of it unfold. I know it will be incredible! The little box Austin made from... Read Less Read More

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Billie C

What sold me about Cara was her view that the best photographs are the ones where the subjects are just living and loving life! We wanted less "posey" pictures- we just wanted to enjoy the day. Cara did not disappoint! We had a great time doing our engagement pictures and knew... Read More we would have a great time at the wedding with Cara. Cara certainly went above and beyond on our wedding day. She helped keep me calm and focused on what was important on that day- we had so much FUN taking our pictures. She worked well with everyone! One of our groomsmen told us he had the most fun taking wedding pictures, thanks to her. She let us be ourselves and we are so thankful! I know the pictures will turn out beautifully, but more importantly, we have great memories of our day!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Muffadal A

Cara and her team did a fantastic job capturing our wedding day. My spouse has a large family and it was important to us that we get a great photgraph of the family at the church. Cara suggested taking the picture from a balcony above the main floor of the church with family... Read More standing in the pews looking up at her. The resulting picture was nothing short of amazing. Every couple dreams of having at least one iconic image from their wedding and I am happy to say that Cara and her team captured hundreds of such images during our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kelli J

Cara is an outstanding photographer. She is organized and prompt to respond as you are planning your big day. On the day of your event, she is kind and brings a calming presence to what can sometimes be a very busy time! She definitely captures all of the details and emotions... Read More of the day. Her photos are of the highest quality with amazing editing. I would recommend her to anyone who places a high value on capturing their wedding day through beautiful images.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alex E

Cara did an amazing job of capturing our special day! We felt like our photos were very unique and are something we will always look back at!! She also did an amazing job of making two very unphotogenic people be photogenic!! Her kind heart and easy going nature made the day... Read More feel like a dream come true!! could not of picked a better person to capture our day!! Would recommend a hundred times!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Sydnee M

Cara and Angie did a fabulous job photographing our wedding! They made us feel comfortable all day and maintained an upbeat attitude while we got some pictures in the swampy humidity of the gardens. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful! I am so happy my husband and I have so... Read More many joyful images to enjoy for the rest of our life together!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Eileen C

Cara is amazing! She's comfortable to be around with. She's very professional! Her pricing for packages are very reasonable. I loved how my engagement photos came out and my wedding pictures.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Allie L

Cara was amazing and she helped the day go so smoothly! Couldn't have asked for a better photographer

2016-10-27T11:06:32 Response from the vendor

Allie, you and Connor have an incredible connection. I'm glad I had my long lens on when I was photographing your "first look". It was so special and REAL that I didn't want to intrude. Thank you for letting me tag along on one of... Read Less Read More

We love CB Yates!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Katie T

Words cannot express how happy we are that we used CB Yates for our wedding photography! Cara immediately makes you feel at ease with her friendly and professional nature. We absolutely love every picture from our May 2015 wedding. Cara was everywhere she needed to be during... Read More both the ceremony and the reception. I never had a worry that we were missing important shots from the reception. In fact, she was taking pictures during moments I had no idea I would be so happy to capture. I feel that Cara specializes in candid shots and these are our favorite to see from the wedding and the reception. She also gives great direction on posed photos without making people feel unnatural. She has a wonderful sense of humor and can get smiles out of anyone. Cara is such a delight to work with and both my husband and I would highly recommend her to anyone. We have even met with her again recently to photograph a fall session that will be used for holiday cards. With CB Yates, we have found both a photographer and a friend for all our future life events.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Cara was a delight to work with and a true professional. My husband and I selected her as the photographer for our wedding. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, and her insight was reflected in her beautiful photography. Her photos were ready in a timely manner after... Read More the wedding, which is not the case for many of my friends who waited a very, very long time. Cara is a truly kind person, and takes care to capture the unique aspects of the individuals she works with. I would definitely recommend her services!

Loved her!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Cara was phenomenal! Our wedding pictures are absolutely wonderful and we are SOO happy that we have these stunning images to cherish for the rest of our lives! She is so much fun to work with and made sure everybody felt comfortable. She had a way of capturing naturally... Read More beautiful moments! I would recommend Cara in a heartbeat!

Best. Day. Ever.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Sarah

My experience may be a little bit different with Cara considering she knew me in diapers and is like a sister to me. But I promise, to all of you brides, that she will feel like a sister to you the moment you meet her. Her warm hug and soft tone makes you feel so comforted and... Read More looking at her samples with her creative, lifestyle, non-posed captures is beyond words. I will never forget April 26, 2015 and how I was so happy to have Cara there with me throughout the day. If you're contemplating the money, don't contemplate it anymore. It is so worth it! You won't regret your decision to go with cb Yates Photography.

CB Yates

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Megan S

If you are looking for someone who is amazing to work with, easy going, kind and takes beautiful pictures, then you should call Cara! She was truly a delight to work with. Photos were amazing and she is a true professional. She brings a unique perspective to photography and... Read More that perspective shines through in her pictures. She truly is the best!

2015-09-30T14:32:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! What a stunning day you shared with all your friends and family. When we first met you told me that was your goal, to enjoy the day with the people that mattered most. From where I stood I could... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Amy Y

Cara was wonderful to work with. Best decision we ever made was to hire Cara as our photographer. She captured the day beautifully. We have so many candid photos of the day and our wedding guests that bring back many memories. I can't recommend Cara enough!

2015-09-30T14:29:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amy! I can't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July than with you and all your amazing friends. Your kindness and generosity was beautiful to photograph. From the love & laughter you shared with your bridesmaids to your sweet... Read Less Read More

Photographer

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Christine P

She fit in so well!

SUPURB!

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Jennifer R

Cara was great to work with! She took time to meet the groom and I before the wedding so we would feel more comfortable during the wedding. She made an amazing photo album sign in book with our engagement picturesn and the day of she was great! She was very patient with all our... Read More requests and our time schedule. She had great ideas for pictures and really went above and beyond helping pin flowers on the wedding party, making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. She stayed engaged the whole reception. I could not have found a better photographer!!

Cara Bresette-Yates

Hello! Most days you can find me in a t-shirt, jeans and converse shoes running out the door with a camera in my hand. I am a wife to a gentle-hearted husband and "mama" to two sweet kids. I am a laid-back, small town girl that values family and friends more than anything in the world. After 10 years of photographing weddings, my goal is this... Years from now, I want you to look at your images and have every memory come flooding back. I want to create a reason for you to sit down together with your children's children to show & tell them about your beautiful life story together.