Celebrations of Love Weddings & Events by Christine

Overland Park, KS

Engagement Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Day After Brunch, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Overland Park, KS (913) 205-7869

Best experience ever!

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Mary G

If you are wanting a completely stress-free wedding, where you know every single detail will be taken care of, then choose Christine Saxer for your big day. I decided 4-months prior to my wedding that I needed an event planner and it was honestly the best decision that I made... Read More throughout my whole wedding process. She ensured me that she would oversee everything that I was stressing out about during my last 4 months of planning. I was able to stop losing sleep at night worrying about day-of timelines or final meetings with my countless vendors because I knew Christine would take care of it all - and she did and MORE. Throughout the whole wedding day, everyone told me constantly what an asset Christine is/was. She prevented and fixed many a small disaster on my wedding day - e.g. a big stain on my train that Christine fixed with her handy dandy day-of survival kit, groomsmen/groom running late to the church, forgetting the marriage license, etc... I can't imagine the best day of my life without Christine getting us from point A to point Z. Not only will she be your wedding guru, but she will also become a friend!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kayla N

There is a reason that all of the reviews for Christine include words like "flawless," "stress-free," and "amazing." I was living in North Carolina, my fiancé was living in Ohio, and our wedding was in my hometown of Kansas City. Christine was completely unfazed by the... Read More logistical challenge that this posed and made our wedding absolutely perfect! Christine is incredibly professional, timely, attentive, and ready for any hiccup that can occur. Whether it was last minute adjustments to a flower crown or reattaching a tuxedo button during photos, she came prepared for anything and everything and never stopped smiling. What I found most impressive about her is her extraordinary tact and her ability to handle all types of family members and guests. She is utterly unflappable in the face of emotional family members, lost luggage, and the general insanity of a wedding day and handles things in a firm, but gracious manner. She is also very creative and is not afraid to try new things. For example, my husband and I started dating in Italy, so we wanted to do a unique catering setup with food stations that allowed for a traditional multi-course Italian meal for 180 guests in a short amount of time. Christine found the perfect caterer (who was probably more excited than we were to try this setup), and the result was stunning! Our wedding went off without a hitch, and it is no exaggeration to say that we couldn't have done it without Celebrations of Love!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Diana K

There is no way to put into words how fantastic Christine and her assistant Logan are. Celebrations of Love helped my husband and I plan our STL wedding from KC and we are forever grateful for their services. We first met Christine at my brother-in-laws wedding and we knew we... Read More had to book her when it was time for us to tie the knot. She is simply the best. Detail oriented is an understatement for her skill set, you will not have to worry about anything with her by your side. Christine was there to guide us through the entire process, she gave us the best suggestions for vendors, made sure I was on track with planning and most importantly - put all my anxieties to rest. She is so prepared the day of the wedding with her apron and steamer. I honestly don't know what I would have done with her, I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING on our wedding day, she had it all taken care of for me, and even if something did go wrong, I had no clue that it did. No other planner could hold a candle to Celebrations of Love, this is the best investment you could make for your big day!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Jen S

I honestly cannot say enough amazing things about Christine and Celebrations of Love as a company! They were by far the best vendor decision we made during our wedding planning process! I would highly recommend her as a wedding planner to anyone who is looking for someone with... Read More unmatched attention to detail, professionalism, and an amazingly genuine and down to earth person to work with! She truly makes you feel as if you are the most special and important bride and is with you every step of the way from engagement/consultation to your day of coordination! Watching her in action is like watching a passion and profession come together. She truly goes out of her way and cares so much to make every detail you dream up for your wedding day become a reality! The entire wedding and rehearsal went so smoothly and flawlessly because of Christine and Logan. Their teamwork, skill, and talent is the best in the business. Between all of the countless logistics, the timeline, the vendors, and the last minute changes-- Celebrations of Love planned everything so smooth! They were so flexible, as I live out of town, and planned any kinds of calls and meetings around my busy schedule! Before planning a wedding I never truly realized the incredible importance of having a wedding planner and boy was I wrong! They do their jobs with such excitement and creativity all while staying so on top of things, organized and professional. They are constantly behind the scenes making sure every last detail is perfect for your special wedding weekend and checking in to make sure your every need is taken care of! Christine was such a joyful part of our wedding planning journey and I will never forget all the detail and thought she put into making our wedding weekend truly perfect!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 John M

Christine was phenomenal! She did an amazing job with our wedding. She made the day as care free as possible for the bride, groom, wedding party and family. She was incredibly professional and I would highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jessica B

I first met Christine through one of her “Coffee Dates with Christine”. I have been in a few weddings through the years, but my first struggle came in knowing where to start with my own wedding. Christine and I talked for the whole hour and I really felt like she genuinely... Read More wanted my wedding to be perfect, whether I decided to work with her or not and that really stuck with me. After a few weeks of taking a deep dive into wedding planning, I decided that as organized as I might be I wanted to hire a planner. Without a pause, I sent Christine and email. Every step of the way she was responsive, friendly, organized beyond belief and always professional. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with for my wedding. When it came to the day of our wedding, Christine (and Logan!) where at the top of their game. I decided to go the bridesmaid dress rental route because many girls were all around the country. One of the girls got sent the wrong color dress (each girl received two), so we had to use one of the alternate dresses from another bridesmaid, but it was a bit low cut. Christine didn’t panic and came up with a genius idea to make another dress work (and not show any cleavage) and make all of my girls feel beautiful the whole day. Overall, I can’t recommend Christine enough as a wedding planner. She goes above and beyond on her responsibilities and I have received so many compliments from the wedding party and people who attended our wedding and saw her and Logan doing their thing and making the best day a reality for my husband and me.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Kacey S

Where to even begin with how wonderful Christine is! As a bride who had a specific vision of what I wanted for my wedding I didn't think there was a need for a wedding planner. However, my mom talked me in to meeting with Christine to help us with small details and the day of... Read More events. Within minutes of meeting Christine I knew we had to hire her! Her organization and attention to detail are incredible! We planned a wedding with lots of details and several different vendors and Christine handled it with ease and grace. Each time my mom and I met with her I left with my mind at ease because she had each aspect covered. Even my fiance who is the most laid back and no worry person was over impressed with Christine and all that she did. The first time he met her he said to me " I am so glad your parents hired her". Christine allowed me to relax and enjoy my entire engagement process and have the best night of my life at my wedding. All of my friends, family and bridesmaids kept telling me how I was such a relaxed bride and that is because Christine handled everything on my wedding day so I was able to have fun! The entire planning process and wedding night went PERFECT! The entire honeymoon, my husband and I could not stop talking about how every detail of the night was flawless and that was in large, thanks to Christine. Not only does Christine get the job done, she does it with a huge smile and a warm hug every time you see her. Her genuine love & passion for what she does is what puts her work above and beyond!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Robbie W

This is from the father of the bride....and I will say that Christine not only did a fantastic job of keeping things straight.....but made the entire process so much more enjoyable for my wife and daughter. Christine was there at every turn....and her coordination of the... Read More rehearsal & wedding themselves we're fantastic. In hindsight....I can say without hesitation that our wedding would not have been as enjoyable without her involvement. From this Father of the brides perspective....Christine was the best investment we made in the entire process.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Laura L

Fanstastic experience! Christine was incredibly professional and made our day so much easier so my family and I could enjoy the day. She was punctual for every meeting and answered every question that I had. Addtionally, she went above and beyond what we expected through her... Read More suggestions and coordination with the vendors prior and during the event. Even on the rainiest wedding day that she's probably ever experienced, she made it one of the best days that I could have imagined. She even added a small detail with the rain collected from our day. Not to mention, she is just the nicest person. You can truly see that she has a passion for her work. Defintely worth more than you charged. Thank you so much for everything. Hope to see you soon! Laura :)

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Rebecca H

I had the pleasure of having Christine as my wedding planner this past January. She is literally worth her weight in GOLD! Every little detail gets taken care of--even things you didn't realize needed to be! I felt so at ease with her and was able to fully relax and enjoy my day... Read More because I had no doubts that everything we had planned was going to fall into place. Whether it was providing a safety pin or realizing my dress had gotten stuck in my shoe during our reception entrance--she literally is a pro. I cannot say enough positive things about her and her assistant :)

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Brent B

When we met Christine, we knew right away that we would choose her to be our wedding planner. She was very friendly and right away we made a connection with her. She focused on making our wedding day special for us and it was the most amazing day of our lives. During the... Read More planning, we moved out of state, and this was no obstacle for her to continue to connect with us and make sure that everything would be the way we wanted. She was very organized and detail oriented. We felt that she understood our vision and did everything she could to make our day everything we hoped it would be.. She is a kind and sweet person!! Her assistant Logan was also very friendly and helpful. Together, they made sure our day went smoothly and we had nothing to worry about. We HIGHLY recommend Christine, there is NO one like her :)

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Molly D

Christine makes the wedding experience the most magical thing ever! We had a long planning process and her passion and excitement for our day continued to grow with ours! She has an amazing relationship with so many vendors of all price ranges across the Kansas City area. We... Read More felt that we had an incredible amount of options with vendors to help make our dreams become a reality. Christine has experience that can assist anyone, an immense passion for weddings/love/celebrations, ideas that can help special details shine on the big day, and AMAZING ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS! She had our day organized down to the minute. All vendors were informed, prepared, and everything was flawless. She had a timeline prepared for the entire wedding party and families involved that were as detailed as they needed to be for each individual person. Christine really made the day/night so perfect and like everything we imagined. But, beyond the perfection of the times, vendors, organization, execution, and such of those details. She is so incredibly invested in each wedding that she participates in. She cares so much that we felt like we were working with a great friend that was just as excited about our love, marriage, and wedding day as we were. This feeling began from the day we met her and continued even past our wedding day. Our wedding day was truly the most perfect day/night and we owe so much of that perfection to Christine. I cannot imagine going through this process without Christine's assistance. I FULLY recommend Christine as well as Celebrations of Love to anyone wanting their wedding day to be the best day of your life and to be the most unbelievable planning experience possible!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nick B

Christine has certainly earned her title as best wedding planner in Kansas City. When we started planning our wedding I didn't think a wedding planner was necessary. Looking back now, I don't know how we could have done it without Christine. From our first meeting to the day of... Read More the wedding we never felt like we had to worry. She was so involved with every detail, timeline, guest, and member of the wedding party. She was great to follow up with any questions or any unforeseen issues that popped up. She took care of minor details that were important to us without us even asking. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She is worth her weight in gold and we are so appreciative.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Krista B

Christine was fantastic! My husband was actually skeptical about hiring a wedding planner. When he met Christine that all changed. I cannot express enough how grateful I was to have her. She made the day perfect! She handled all the details and I was able to enjoy the... Read More wedding and reception knowing that everything was under control. I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Brooke B

Christine is the most amazing person. Our wedding was absolutely flawless thanks to her! She cares so much about her clients and goes above and beyond to make sure that everything meets their expectations. She truly is the best at what she does, and we are so extremely happy... Read More with our Celebrations of Love KC experience!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Ashley H

Choosing to have a partial wedding planner the day of my wedding was the best decision I ever made….Choosing Christine as that wedding planner was the best choice I ever made!!! From the first time I called her to the day after my wedding, Christine was right on top of... Read More everything!!! If you’re looking for stress free wedding for your parents, your bridal party and especially the bride & Groom, then Christine is your girl!!! From the minute I met her I knew she would have everything under control and not a thing would go wrong….Even my vendors told me they loved working with such an organized and sweet wedding planner! Without Christine, I don’t know what would have happen….but I do, because I had Christine, my day was absolutely perfect!!! In the end, I not only hired the best wedding planner in KC, but I made a wonderful friend!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Allison C

If you want your Best Day Ever to be Amazing and Flawless, then you must hire Christine Darden/Saxer!!!!! The day I got engaged I called to hire Christine immediately! I have had other good friends and family members use her and they just love her! Every time we had our meetings... Read More she was very professional and always ready to go with an updated timeline on what needed to get done next! The Day of the Wedding you couldnt ask for a better woman to get the job done right! It was so stress free, she takes care of anything and everything! She always thinks of the little things, it rained on my wedding day and the next day she gave me a bedazzled rain jar with my wedding rain in it! Only Christine would think of that! You are silly not to hire her as your wedding planner! We love Christine! Allison & Luke

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Lindsay H

Meeting and securing Christine to plan my daughter's wedding was absolutely the best mutual decision we made. Christine is passionate about her work, but even more so about the clients she serves. She's amazingly organized and professional. She helps design a wedding of your... Read More dreams while insuring every detail from early planning to the final send-offs are on her, not the bride or family. She is an amazing listener, negotiator, designer, counseling and fixer of all things - all of this with grace, kindness and extreme professionalism. The weekend of our wedding, she was tireless in handling every detail so we did not have to think of one thing that needed to be done. Amazing, invaluable, lovely, professional - she is all this and more!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kristen W

I cannot even tell you how amazing Christine is. Our wedding was literally the most perfect thing I have ever seen! From the second we started working with her to the day of the wedding, she was more than I could have expected. Everyone says the week of your wedding is so... Read More stressful, but I seriously had no stress at all - largely because of Christine. Just an example of her amazingness - the day of our wedding, one of my flower girls had a Tide Pod squirted in her eye by her big sister - after her hair and make up were done! I was pretty sure we were headed to the emergency room, but Christine was completely calm and saved the day. She even had drops to rinse her eyes out! She is prepared for all situations and nothing surprises her. I just don't know what I would've done without her! I miss her already! :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lisa S

You do NOT want to plan a wedding without Christine! Of all the decisions that went into our daughter's wedding, hiring her was THE SINGLE BEST one we made. From the first moment my daughter and I met her, we knew she would be perfect! She is organized, professional, kind and... Read More fun and no details will be left undone. Thanks to Christine, there was no stress - we were able to fully enjoy every minute. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016

When we first met Christine, I thought, wow, she is so young, I wonder if she has experience?! Well, I can tell you Christine is the BEST at what she does! We were constantly impressed with her organization, skills of negotiating and calm demeanor during the planning process.... Read More The week prior to the wedding, she did so many extra tasks to take any weight off our shoulders. The day of the wedding, she proved herself as outstanding. I would highly recommend her! Thanks, Christine for all you did to make Aly & Ryan's wedding so wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

As the mother of the bride, I was stressing until I met Christine. She has a very calming effect and her organizational skills are out of this world! I had been through my son's wedding where I was sweating trying to get everyone ready before the ceremony. I promised I would... Read More not make that mistake again for my daughter's wedding. When we met Christine the first time, she was so sweet and took every detail we mentioned to heart. She truly cares about her clients and wants the best for them. From the planning period to the clean-up the day after the wedding, Christine was there making life easier for everyone. Not only will she make sure the event goes flawlessly, she did so many special touches that I will forever be thankful for. From making an extra boutonniere on the spot to taking special care of my daughter - Christine went way above and beyond and I couldn't be more thankful for her!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Laura M

Look no further! Whether you want her to plan a wedding or any party - Christine is the one you want! When I got engaged my mom wanted to get a wedding planner for help the day of considering she isn't from the Kansas City area. She wanted to relax and actually be able to... Read More enjoy the day. From the moment we met Christine we knew we wanted her to help us! She is so calm, sweet, and ORGANZIED! We got the partial plan and did so because of budget. Christine has very reasonable prices, but my budget for the wedding wasn't very large so I wanted to make sure to spread it out where it was absolutely necessary. I promise to you, no matter your budget, Christine will be worth every penny! She went way above and beyond our expectations. During the planning Christine was there every step of the way, she kept everyone calm and very organized. She will also be very attentive to what the bride wants, while still being pleasant and professional. When the wedding day came, everything went perfect - or at least that's all I know- which is how it should be for the bride. During the reception I had a little cousin that didn't catch the bouquet and she was so upset. I tried to console her, but nothing would work. Then out of nowhere, here comes Christine with the most beautiful little bouquet of flowers for the little girl. The way her face lit up was priceless!! My best advice - get Christine! Not only will she make sure your day or party goes absolutely perfect, she will also find ways to make the event even more memorable. She's the best in the Kansas City area.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Michelle M

Wow! If I did my wedding all over, I would rehire Christine in a heartbeat! From the moment we met Christine, she put me at ease. She is so sweet and very detailed oriented. We starting planning the timeline of the day months in advance and the best thing about it all was... Read More everything flowed so well the day of. Christine is very organized and had all the vendors in order for the day; once we got them booked I handed everything over to her. She was great about following up on outstanding questions and any needs we had. If anything went wrong on my wedding day, I had no idea, and that's the way it should be if you're the bride!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Brittney S

One Word-Amazing! Christine was so professional & amazing to work with. She helped me plan my wedding 6 ish months out when I had hardly anything done! She kept me organized, reminded me of things I needed to, and coordinated ALL OF MY VENDORS--that is priceless! not having to... Read More worry if the caterer showed up, or if the DJ has your recessional is such a relief! She worked great with my photographer, my venue, and the wedding party. I can't begin to say enough good things about her. She even takes inventory of all of your wedding items, sets them up at the venue, and then returns them to your house! I didn't have to worry about anything. It made our day that much more special :) If you're the couple that thinks you can skip the wedding planner -DON'T! Get Christine, she's worth every single penny (and then some). Seriously, we loved her! One of the best there is!