Book Your Wedding with Cellar 222

Built in 1918 and located in the Crossroads Arts District of downtown Kansas City, close to Interstate 35, is a hidden treasure called Cellar 222. In fact, it is so well disguised that some believe the venue is a performance furniture building. However, appearances can be deceiving. In the cellar of this cleverly masked venue, couples will fall in love at first sight at their first taste of a Tuscan hideaway. With Italian forged iron lighting and a natural stone fireplace, couples can imagine their wedding ceremony and reception coming to life in an intimate and cozy setting, surrounded by their most nearest and dearest friends and family. For couples looking for something different than a typical banquet hall, this venue offers a fantastic alternative. It’s been beautifully designed with a hand-crafted travertine floor and a bar with a whimsical old world feel which will add something almost magical to any wedding celebration.

This exclusive space is available for rent only. However, the owners of Cellar 222 make wedding dreams come true as they allow couples to tailor their wedding and make it unique. In reviews, many couples have commented on the beauty and aesthetics of the space. Meaning, they could use their budget on other aspects of their wedding rather than spending it on decorations.

Although this venue is quite compact, there is space for up to 150 guests and it has two fabulous rooms that the couple can use on their special day:

The rustic charm and Tuscan ambiance in this room make it the ideal space to hold the wedding ceremony. Once the ceremony is over, the staff at Cellar 222 offer a turn around service to convert the space into a dining area. This area is suitable for 90 guests for a sit-down dinner or 150 guests for a cocktail reception.

This room is located above the cellar and can be used for a ceremony or wedding reception. It is also an ideal space to retreat to for a cocktail hour while the cellar is being transitioned to a dining room following the ceremony.

Prices vary for the rental of Cellar 222 depending on the day, the number of guests and which rooms are required. The rental price does include the use of tables and chairs, use of the kitchen and wine cooler for caterers and an eight-speaker Audiophile sound system. There is space for a DJ or couples can bring music to play. Audio-visual equipment, like a projector and screen, is also available if couples would like to add this element to their wedding day for slide shows, etcetera.

For couples who have no idea where to start, Cellar 222 provides a list of trusted and highly recommended vendors. This list contains everything the couple requires for their special day; from catering and beverages to flowers, photographs and even a wedding planner to help take the stress out of organizing the most important day of their lives.

As well as the wedding ceremony and reception, Cellar 222 offer the following perks for couples choosing this venue for their special day:

• Wine tasting.
  • Rehearsal dinner.
  • Bridal Suite.
  • Tables and chairs for up to 150.
  • 12 Speaker Sound Systems.
  • Options to bring in caterers and alcohol.
  • Free parking.
  • Separate dressing rooms for the bride and groom.

Cellar 222...A Tuscan Wine Cellar

Cellar 222 is an upscale intimate wine cellar loaded with character in the heart of Kansas City. After 7 years, still the best kept secret for one of a kind quaint Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions, all at an unbelievable price. Cozy, rustic, and romantic with Italian forged iron lighting, natural stone fireplace, hand cut marble floor, old world bar, and a nice big comfy bridal suite. At Cellar222 we love what we do and you are . . . FREE to bring in your own beverages, FREE to use your own caterer, FREE to use all of our quality tables and chairs, FREE to use our amazing sound system, FREE to be the only event in our building on your special day! Call or text Steve 913.522.4770

$ – Inexpensive

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

222 West 20th Street, Kansas City, MO (913) 522-4770

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Mara P

We had our December 9th wedding ceremony and reception at Cellar 222. It is an amazing venue and extremely beautiful, but what makes it truly special are Steven and Scott. From the moment we booked, they have been available for my multiple phone calls, questions, and they let... Read More me re-visit the venue as many times as I wanted. When I had some issues with a potential caterer, they went above and beyond in trying to help me fix the issue, including meeting with the caterer on their own time to help fix the problem. Leading up to the wedding they were available 24/7 to answer all my last minute questions and concerns. Our wedding was perfect and our guests had the best time. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone because not only will you get a beautiful and unique space, you'll also get an incredible team to make sure you and your guests have the best day.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

After hunting for months, we loved finding Cellar 222 because it provided so many benefits which we didn't find elsewhere. It's in a nice, central location for attendees who were from many directions, and parking was free and plentiful. The building provided a great ambience... Read More with many layout options (on two floors) for both our wedding AND reception. It was great not having to rent tables and chairs, since they are provided with the venue. The owners were very professional, courteous, and flexible and patient with our repeated visits to the venue to determine how we wanted to set everything up. It ended up being the most affordable solution, yet exactly what we needed to have a an absolutely wonderful wedding. It's great that not only family and friends, but also caterers and bartenders said it was one of the best weddings they'd ever attended!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Vera H

We loved having our daughter's wedding reception at Cellar 222 on March 3! We had been to a reception there previously and had really liked the space. Once we started working with them ourselves, we discovered how easy they were to work with. We received many compliments on the... Read More uniqueness of the space and the many cool nooks and crannies, as opposed to a typical large banquet room. It was the perfect size for our 100ish guests, with the meal downstairs and dancing upstairs. We worked with Brancato's catering, one of their preferred vendors, and it could not have been easier, since Brancato's knew the space and how to make it all work. The only downside is that this space is not handicap accessible, with stairways as the only ways in or out. That made it very difficult for one of our beloved friends. Besides that, I loved everything about Cellar 222!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Marcia M

The rustic charm of this place is its main draw, but it is so much more. Steve Bell has given his attention to every detail to make this place an upscale, super chic venue, but with a warm and cozy vibe. The stonework, lighting, sound system, cleanliness and easy parking combine... Read More with his stellar customer service to make Cellar 222 a perfect choice for your special event! For weddings up to 150 or so, or for a rehearsal dinner you won't forget, this HAS TO BE your go-to! Our rehearsal dinner was so beautiful in every way - a great way to set the tone for the beautiful wedding that followed.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Kim M

Tim and I & everyone of our guests were enamored! It was so much fun being able to put a few personal touches on an already gorgeous and very much perfect venue for both our ceremony & reception! The accommodations, the wonderful guidance and assistance are all TOP NOTCH! ❤️... Read More Thank you for everything you did to help us make our special day wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Kim J

We had our wedding at Cellar 222 on 12/29/17. This is an absolutely beautiful venue. We were married in front of the fireplace on the lower level. Working with Steve and Scott was so simple. They helped with every detail we requested. It is a 2 level venue with the DJ being... Read More upstairs and the food downstairs. This makes it perfect for those guests that want to catch up and talk and not be required to shout to talk to one another. Yet, they can still hear the music playing upstairs. They allow you to come in and do your own personal touches with this time just taken off your total hours booked. We highly recommend stopping in and checking this place out. Best in the city as far as we are concerned!!!! Thanks for every thing guys!!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Miranda O

Cellar 222! Thank you Scott and Steve for everything you did for us on our special day and the days leading up to it. This is a ONE of a kind venue! My guests were wowed by how beautiful it was and the ample amount of parking. This is an intimate venue and I was able to see the... Read More look on everyone’s face as I walked down those stairs! It was nice to have the microphone and sound system built in so everyone could here our special vows. I highly recommend this venue – not only will it wow your guest but you’ll love the atmosphere it provides. I also recommend doing some photos in the bridal suite the lighting and décor is perfect! I encourage anyone who wants something intimate (I had about 100 people) and unique to just take a tour of this venue you will not be disappointed. – Miranda

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Carlito C

After looking at many venues we decided on cellar 222 due to the location price and venue itself was beautiful, the wedding was everything my wife always dreamed of and at a price I dreamed of

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Emily W

Cellar 222 is a beautiful space, and needs minimum declarations. Our guests were blown away at our reception. The separation of the eating area and band/dance space made it more comfortable for those that wanted to sit and talk and have some distance from the music. The... Read More price, amenities, service, and atmosphere make this place a top pick. Steven was so generous and accommodating with us. I highly recommend this space to anyone looking to plan an event. So beautiful, thank you for making our reception a one of a kind!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Rosalyn P

We love this venue! Steve and Scott were wonderful to work with and were so easy to communicate with. We had so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved this unique space. The free parking for ALL of our guests was a huge plus. The bridal suite is spacious and... Read More comfortable. We would recommend Cellar 222 to all of our family and friends looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Tyler J

Awesome venue! Great location, beautiful interior, amazing price! This was perfect for our small wedding.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Lisa P

We decided to get married only months before our planned date and were excited when a friend referred Cellar 222. Our initial visit sold us on the beauty and unique aspect of the space, this is not your traditional banquet space. The venue was great, and Scott helped us out with... Read More each specific request and question along the way. They provided their own list of recommended vendors, and worked well with others we used. Guests repeatedly commented on the beauty of the location, and I highly recommend candles as a main focus for your design theme! They look incredible in the stone theme and are a low cost alternative to flowers. Also, we had a bag piper play and it was a great fit to the theme and worked well in the venue. Scott and Steve didn’t bat an eue when we made this unusual request and supported us throughout our planning process. I recommend checking out the cellar if you’re planning an event for up to 150!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Gary G

Our Rehearsal Dinner for 90 fit perfectly into the Cellar 222 two-story layout. We were coached by the owners to use their recommended bartenders with great success. The food vendor, one of the area's best BBQ caterers provided our guests great ambiance, food and drink in an... Read More chic urban setting. Everyone raved about the convenience to downtown, free parking and unique, Tuscan decor. Scott and Steve both helped with our planning, providing many options for setup.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lauren S

After searching for the perfect venue for months, we toured Cellar 222 and knew right away that it was the perfect fit. We were looking for something unique but still centrally located in Kansas City and just couldn’t find a venue with that intimate, romantic, and original feel.... Read More Well, we absolutely found it in this hidden gem! We utilized both floors of the venue throughout the night for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and then upstairs again for dancing and it worked out wonderfully! Steve and Scott were very easy to communicate with and answered any and all questions we had without hesitation. Now that we have planned an entire wedding, I realize how attractive it is that Cellar 222 offers tables and chairs as well as an ambiance that requires very little extra decorations. If I have one piece of advice for someone considering this venue, it would be to go see it in person! The pictures absolutely do not do it justice!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Elizabeth J

We had our wedding at Cellar 222 last weekend. It is a beautiful venue in a great location, just south of downtown. Since the venue is already gorgeous, very little decor is needed to make your event special. I loved that we had access to two spaces as well, leaving lots of room... Read More for our 130+ guests.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cindy M

Thank you Steven and Scott. Our wedding on 10/22 could not have gone any better. The space was absolutely beautiful and you guys were so helpful. The gorgeous venue and your professionalism made it so easy for us to enjoy our day.. Thanks again Jack and Cindy

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Christina A

Our wedding was 10/07/17, and I have to say, we adored Cellar 222. Steve and Scott made the entire experience easy and hassle-free. Their communication from the very beginning was proactive and helpful, and they really made sure that we both felt confident and comfortable that... Read More our reception would go as smoothly as possible. We rented both floors, using the upstairs for dancing, mingling, and cocktails, while we had dinner in the cellar. We ended up with about 75 guests, and this really let us relax and socialize with each other. I also loved the fact that there was a separate area available for me to change out of my wedding gown and into my reception dress that was comfortable and well-appointed. The ambiance is fantastic, and while you certainly CAN go all out with decor, it isn't necessary. The place is beautiful with a lot of charm, and needs only minimal decoration to make it fit you and your wedding theme. I am STILL getting compliments from guests about how wonderful the reception was, and how very perfectly the venue was suited to it. I would absolutely choose Cellar 222 if I were planning my wedding all over again. It was one of the best choices we made as a couple for our wedding. Thank you, Steve and Scott!!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Emily

From a brides stand point I couldn't of asked for a better venue! My now husband and I knew the moment we saw the venue that it was the place for us. The venue has a very romamtic ambiance. From the natural stone fire place to the Italian forged iron lightning, Cellar 222 has it... Read More all! Walking down the stairs case on the day of my wedding gave me goose bumps and my eyes filled with tears with how beautiful the place was. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We loved that the table and chairs were provided! We didn't even need chair covers with how nice they were. If you are wanting one of the most unique venues in KC take a tour, I promise you won't be disappointed! We want to give a special thank you to Scott! It was a pleasure to work with you, you made everything so great and easy for us! Here is to Cellar 222 for making our day so amazing! Emily & Patrick

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Our experience at Cellar 222 was exceptional. The staff was always easy to contact, which was very important to us. The ambiance of Cellar 222 made decorating very easy. The flexibility of choosing our own caterer and bringing in our own beverages was definitely a selling... Read More point. I believe Cellar 222 was one of the most economical venues in the Kansas City area and I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jordan H

We had my daughter's wedding at Cellar 222. I don't think we could've picked a better place. The space is beautiful and is perfect for both the ceremony and reception. Steve and Scott are great to work with. They responded promptly to requests, offered great advice and allowed... Read More us to visit several times as we were making our plans. This is really an awesome place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Erica G

Steve made the entire process so stress free! He always replied to my texts and calls within a few hours and was always willing to answer any questions I had! I got so many compliments on the venue from my guests!! I would recommend renting the upstairs and downstairs area so... Read More you have plenty of room for dancing! Would recommend to any bride wanting to have a fun and unique reception =)

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rachel H

We had our wedding and reception at Cellar 222 and everything was absolutely beautiful and seamless. Scott and Steven were always super responsive with any questions we had and we couldn't be more pleased. We would definitely recommend Cellar 222 to anyone! And we will!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Amelia H

I cannot say enough about this venue and the men that operate it. I have a very large family and the venue was large enough to fit everyone very comfortably. I threw a 60th birthday party for my Father and only had 16 days to plan it. Steve was able I squeeze us in and gave me... Read More a list of bartenders and caterers that are familiar with the location. We wanted live music and were a little worried about the band, but they had a stage that sits right in a central location with a spot that made them easy to see, hear, and they had their own section away from the crowds so people didn't have to step over equipment/instruments/musicians etc. Right when you walk up the front concrete stairs of this impressive brick building you're instantly hit with a classic Kansas City feeling and The inside is AMAZING! As I was setting up (which took very little time and zero decorating-thanks to the beautiful architecture of the building) people kept looking through the windows and trying to get a look when the doors would open. The party has gone down as one of the best parties we have ever had, and it was all thanks to this venue. I LOVE Cellar 222 and so did all of our guests. We even had a few kids running around. They were between 11-2 years and they all had an amazing time and said they felt like they were in a castle! 5 stars! Excellent guys, Scott and Steve as well!! Millie Hanger

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Heather S

We had our wedding and reception at the Cellar 222 . It was the perfect venue for our small family wedding . The brides changing room accommodated all of my sisters,nieces , mother and my daughters. We had enough space for 4 hair and makeup stations . The fireplace made our... Read More ceremony very intimate and cozy . The kitchen was the perfect set up for the caterers . The Cellar 222 has everything we were looking for in a venue . Beautiful building in the heart of the crossroads district , great ambiance, fantastic sound system and a very helpful owner . Thank You

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Andrea L

We had our rehearsal dinner there on a first Fridays in September. We had a great experience. Everyone we worked with was very helpful. We would recommend in the future!

Cellar222 was opened in 2009 with an idea that we could provide an upscale cozy venue to brides and grooms at a very affordable price compared to other venues in KC. After 7 years, and watching other venues come and go, we love what we do and what we have to offer. On occasion you will see me with my daughter . . . she loves what we do too!