Book Your Wedding with Cellar 222

A HISTORIC VENUE IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Built in 1918 and located in the Crossroads Arts District of downtown Kansas City, close to Interstate 35, is a hidden treasure called Cellar 222. In fact, it is so well disguised that some believe the venue is a performance furniture building. However, appearances can be deceiving. In the cellar of this cleverly masked venue, couples will fall in love at first sight at their first taste of a Tuscan hideaway. With Italian forged iron lighting and a natural stone fireplace, couples can imagine their wedding ceremony and reception coming to life in an intimate and cozy setting, surrounded by their most nearest and dearest friends and family. For couples looking for something different than a typical banquet hall, this venue offers a fantastic alternative. It’s been beautifully designed with a hand-crafted travertine floor and a bar with a whimsical old world feel which will add something almost magical to any wedding celebration.

This exclusive space is available for rent only. However, the owners of Cellar 222 make wedding dreams come true as they allow couples to tailor their wedding and make it unique. In reviews, many couples have commented on the beauty and aesthetics of the space. Meaning, they could use their budget on other aspects of their wedding rather than spending it on decorations.

Although this venue is quite compact, there is space for up to 150 guests and it has two fabulous rooms that the couple can use on their special day:

The rustic charm and Tuscan ambiance in this room make it the ideal space to hold the wedding ceremony. Once the ceremony is over, the staff at Cellar 222 offer a turn around service to convert the space into a dining area. This area is suitable for 90 guests for a sit-down dinner or 150 guests for a cocktail reception.

This room is located above the cellar and can be used for a ceremony or wedding reception. It is also an ideal space to retreat to for a cocktail hour while the cellar is being transitioned to a dining room following the ceremony.

Prices vary for the rental of Cellar 222 depending on the day, the number of guests and which rooms are required. The rental price does include the use of tables and chairs, use of the kitchen and wine cooler for caterers and an eight-speaker Audiophile sound system. There is space for a DJ or couples can bring music to play. Audio-visual equipment, like a projector and screen, is also available if couples would like to add this element to their wedding day for slide shows, etcetera.

For couples who have no idea where to start, Cellar 222 provides a list of trusted and highly recommended vendors. This list contains everything the couple requires for their special day; from catering and beverages to flowers, photographs and even a wedding planner to help take the stress out of organizing the most important day of their lives.

As well as the wedding ceremony and reception, Cellar 222 offer the following perks for couples choosing this venue for their special day:

• Wine tasting.
  • Rehearsal dinner.
  • Bridal Suite.
  • Tables and chairs for up to 150.
  • 12 Speaker Sound Systems.
  • Options to bring in caterers and alcohol.
  • Free parking.
  • Separate dressing rooms for the bride and groom.

Cellar 222...A Tuscan Wine Cellar

Cellar 222 is an upscale intimate wine cellar loaded with character in the heart of Kansas City. After 7 years, still the best kept secret for one of a kind quaint Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions, all at an unbelievable price. Cozy, rustic, and romantic with Italian forged iron lighting, natural stone fireplace, hand cut marble floor, old world bar, and a nice big comfy bridal suite. At Cellar222 we love what we do and you are . . . FREE to bring in your own beverages, FREE to use your own caterer, FREE to use all of our quality tables and chairs, FREE to use our amazing sound system, FREE to be the only event in our building on your special day! Call or text Steve 913.522.4770

$ – Inexpensive

Historic Venue, Loft

222 West 20th Street, Kansas City, MO (913) 522-4770

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

After hunting for months, we loved finding Cellar 222 because it provided so many benefits which we didn't find elsewhere. It's in a nice, central location for attendees who were from many directions, and parking was free and plentiful. The building provided a great ambience... Read More with many layout options (on two floors) for both our wedding AND reception. It was great not having to rent tables and chairs, since they are provided with the venue. The owners were very professional, courteous, and flexible and patient with our repeated visits to the venue to determine how we wanted to set everything up. It ended up being the most affordable solution, yet exactly what we needed to have a an absolutely wonderful wedding. It's great that not only family and friends, but also caterers and bartenders said it was one of the best weddings they'd ever attended!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Rosalyn P

We love this venue! Steve and Scott were wonderful to work with and were so easy to communicate with. We had so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved this unique space. The free parking for ALL of our guests was a huge plus. The bridal suite is spacious and... Read More comfortable. We would recommend Cellar 222 to all of our family and friends looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Tyler J

Awesome venue! Great location, beautiful interior, amazing price! This was perfect for our small wedding.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Lisa P

We decided to get married only months before our planned date and were excited when a friend referred Cellar 222. Our initial visit sold us on the beauty and unique aspect of the space, this is not your traditional banquet space. The venue was great, and Scott helped us out with... Read More each specific request and question along the way. They provided their own list of recommended vendors, and worked well with others we used. Guests repeatedly commented on the beauty of the location, and I highly recommend candles as a main focus for your design theme! They look incredible in the stone theme and are a low cost alternative to flowers. Also, we had a bag piper play and it was a great fit to the theme and worked well in the venue. Scott and Steve didn’t bat an eue when we made this unusual request and supported us throughout our planning process. I recommend checking out the cellar if you’re planning an event for up to 150!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Gary G

Our Rehearsal Dinner for 90 fit perfectly into the Cellar 222 two-story layout. We were coached by the owners to use their recommended bartenders with great success. The food vendor, one of the area's best BBQ caterers provided our guests great ambiance, food and drink in an... Read More chic urban setting. Everyone raved about the convenience to downtown, free parking and unique, Tuscan decor. Scott and Steve both helped with our planning, providing many options for setup.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lauren T

After searching for the perfect venue for months, we toured Cellar 222 and knew right away that it was the perfect fit. We were looking for something unique but still centrally located in Kansas City and just couldn’t find a venue with that intimate, romantic, and original feel.... Read More Well, we absolutely found it in this hidden gem! We utilized both floors of the venue throughout the night for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and then upstairs again for dancing and it worked out wonderfully! Steve and Scott were very easy to communicate with and answered any and all questions we had without hesitation. Now that we have planned an entire wedding, I realize how attractive it is that Cellar 222 offers tables and chairs as well as an ambiance that requires very little extra decorations. If I have one piece of advice for someone considering this venue, it would be to go see it in person! The pictures absolutely do not do it justice!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Elizabeth J

We had our wedding at Cellar 222 last weekend. It is a beautiful venue in a great location, just south of downtown. Since the venue is already gorgeous, very little decor is needed to make your event special. I loved that we had access to two spaces as well, leaving lots of room... Read More for our 130+ guests.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cindy M

Thank you Steven and Scott. Our wedding on 10/22 could not have gone any better. The space was absolutely beautiful and you guys were so helpful. The gorgeous venue and your professionalism made it so easy for us to enjoy our day.. Thanks again Jack and Cindy

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Christina A

Our wedding was 10/07/17, and I have to say, we adored Cellar 222. Steve and Scott made the entire experience easy and hassle-free. Their communication from the very beginning was proactive and helpful, and they really made sure that we both felt confident and comfortable that... Read More our reception would go as smoothly as possible. We rented both floors, using the upstairs for dancing, mingling, and cocktails, while we had dinner in the cellar. We ended up with about 75 guests, and this really let us relax and socialize with each other. I also loved the fact that there was a separate area available for me to change out of my wedding gown and into my reception dress that was comfortable and well-appointed. The ambiance is fantastic, and while you certainly CAN go all out with decor, it isn't necessary. The place is beautiful with a lot of charm, and needs only minimal decoration to make it fit you and your wedding theme. I am STILL getting compliments from guests about how wonderful the reception was, and how very perfectly the venue was suited to it. I would absolutely choose Cellar 222 if I were planning my wedding all over again. It was one of the best choices we made as a couple for our wedding. Thank you, Steve and Scott!!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Emily

From a brides stand point I couldn't of asked for a better venue! My now husband and I knew the moment we saw the venue that it was the place for us. The venue has a very romamtic ambiance. From the natural stone fire place to the Italian forged iron lightning, Cellar 222 has it... Read More all! Walking down the stairs case on the day of my wedding gave me goose bumps and my eyes filled with tears with how beautiful the place was. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We loved that the table and chairs were provided! We didn't even need chair covers with how nice they were. If you are wanting one of the most unique venues in KC take a tour, I promise you won't be disappointed! We want to give a special thank you to Scott! It was a pleasure to work with you, you made everything so great and easy for us! Here is to Cellar 222 for making our day so amazing! Emily & Patrick

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Our experience at Cellar 222 was exceptional. The staff was always easy to contact, which was very important to us. The ambiance of Cellar 222 made decorating very easy. The flexibility of choosing our own caterer and bringing in our own beverages was definitely a selling... Read More point. I believe Cellar 222 was one of the most economical venues in the Kansas City area and I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jordan H

We had my daughter's wedding at Cellar 222. I don't think we could've picked a better place. The space is beautiful and is perfect for both the ceremony and reception. Steve and Scott are great to work with. They responded promptly to requests, offered great advice and allowed... Read More us to visit several times as we were making our plans. This is really an awesome place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Erica G

Steve made the entire process so stress free! He always replied to my texts and calls within a few hours and was always willing to answer any questions I had! I got so many compliments on the venue from my guests!! I would recommend renting the upstairs and downstairs area so... Read More you have plenty of room for dancing! Would recommend to any bride wanting to have a fun and unique reception =)

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rachel M

We had our wedding and reception at Cellar 222 and everything was absolutely beautiful and seamless. Scott and Steven were always super responsive with any questions we had and we couldn't be more pleased. We would definitely recommend Cellar 222 to anyone! And we will!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Amelia H

I cannot say enough about this venue and the men that operate it. I have a very large family and the venue was large enough to fit everyone very comfortably. I threw a 60th birthday party for my Father and only had 16 days to plan it. Steve was able I squeeze us in and gave me... Read More a list of bartenders and caterers that are familiar with the location. We wanted live music and were a little worried about the band, but they had a stage that sits right in a central location with a spot that made them easy to see, hear, and they had their own section away from the crowds so people didn't have to step over equipment/instruments/musicians etc. Right when you walk up the front concrete stairs of this impressive brick building you're instantly hit with a classic Kansas City feeling and The inside is AMAZING! As I was setting up (which took very little time and zero decorating-thanks to the beautiful architecture of the building) people kept looking through the windows and trying to get a look when the doors would open. The party has gone down as one of the best parties we have ever had, and it was all thanks to this venue. I LOVE Cellar 222 and so did all of our guests. We even had a few kids running around. They were between 11-2 years and they all had an amazing time and said they felt like they were in a castle! 5 stars! Excellent guys, Scott and Steve as well!! Millie Hanger

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Heather S

We had our wedding and reception at the Cellar 222 . It was the perfect venue for our small family wedding . The brides changing room accommodated all of my sisters,nieces , mother and my daughters. We had enough space for 4 hair and makeup stations . The fireplace made our... Read More ceremony very intimate and cozy . The kitchen was the perfect set up for the caterers . The Cellar 222 has everything we were looking for in a venue . Beautiful building in the heart of the crossroads district , great ambiance, fantastic sound system and a very helpful owner . Thank You

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Andrea L

We had our rehearsal dinner there on a first Fridays in September. We had a great experience. Everyone we worked with was very helpful. We would recommend in the future!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 David A

We were looking for a cozy, intimate space for our wedding and we found exactly what we were looking for at Cellar 222. Everything from the lighting, the layout, the decorum, there was nothing about the place that didn't suit our reception. The staff is excellent and when they... Read More say you get something, it is exactly what you get. No last minute suprises. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a warm inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Robin H

Absolutely perfect venue! We held both our ceremony and reception at Cellar 222. There was plenty of space for our 100 guests to enjoy the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (which included lots of dancing). I especially loved the convenience of the bridal suite. The... Read More owners were very professional, flexible and patient with our repeated visits to the venue to determine how we wanted to set everything up. Steve offered some great suggestions, which helped make our day perfect.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kelsey H

We used Cellar 222 for my July 22 wedding and it was absolutely perfect ! Scott and Steven were so helpful and quick to respond to any question I had. They worked with me to make sure that everything was perfect the day of. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and made for a... Read More perfect wedding day ! I would highly recommend Cellar 222 to anyone that wants a downtown KC wedding for a great price !!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Bartholomew M

Our reception was fantastic and we picked the perfect venue for a downtown Kansas City wedding. Steven communicated with us so well and was timely whenever we had a question, concern or needed to look at the venue one more time. Our guest went on and on about the location, ease... Read More of parking and how beautiful Cellar is. We are very happy we picked Cellar 222 and it played a huge part in our awesome wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Justin R

Amazing venue. The atmosphere was great. We had the wedding upstairs and the reception in the basement. Worked out great as we could set up the reception during the ceremony and quickly transition into the reception. No one likes to wait for food :). The staff was very... Read More helpful. Our wedding party 50 which worked great for this size of venue.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 John and Paula H

As the parents of the bride, we found working with Steven Bell and Cellar 222 to be a wonderful experience. Steven made every effort to be accommodating and flexible. The venue is beautiful, with a comfortable urban ambiance. The lower level would remind one of a wine... Read More cellar with travertine flooring, a beautiful fire place and room for comfortably seating 100 to 130 guests. Located across from Manny's, at 222 w. 20th, Cellar 222 is located close to hotels, Power and Light, the Kaufman Center and the Liberty Memorial. This gave our guests the opportunity to come in town early and visit the heart of Kansas City. Steven maintains an outstanding list of preferred caterers, DJs and bartenders. We chose from the list, interviewed the candidates and found the perfect fit. The wedding was beautiful, the caterers on time and the DJ, Nick delighted the bride, groom and guests. The wedding was everything we could ask for and our daughter was ecstatic. Thank you Steven, it was a pleasure to do business with you.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Cara U

We were so pleased with our choice to pick Cellar 222 as our reception venue. Steve and Scott were both very nice and extremely helpful. We had around 95 guests and it was the perfect amount of space. The space was decorated perfectly, so we did not have to do much else... Read More decorating which was nice. The security guard was with us all night which made our gifts feel secure. I could not say better things about this venue!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Angie B

From the moment I walked into Cellar 222 I was warmly welcomed by Steve, and amazed at how much character the venue had. Everyone at the event couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how it was different from most places they had seen in Kansas City. Both... Read More Scott and Steve were ALWAYS available to answer questions and to give suggestions. You can clearly tell they have been in the business for a long time and they really care about their clients. I highly recommend choosing Cellar 222 for you next event. You will not be disappointed!

Steven

Cellar222 was opened in 2009 with an idea that we could provide an upscale cozy venue to brides and grooms at a very affordable price compared to other venues in KC. After 7 years, and watching other venues come and go, we love what we do and what we have to offer. On occasion you will see me with my daughter . . . she loves what we do too!