Book Your Wedding with Cellar 222

A HISTORIC VENUE IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Built in 1918 and located in the Crossroads Arts District of downtown Kansas City, close to Interstate 35, is a hidden treasure called Cellar 222. In fact, it is so well disguised that some believe the venue is a performance furniture building. However, appearances can be deceiving. In the cellar of this cleverly masked venue, couples will fall in love at first sight at their first taste of a Tuscan hideaway. With Italian forged iron lighting and a natural stone fireplace, couples can imagine their wedding ceremony and reception coming to life in an intimate and cozy setting, surrounded by their most nearest and dearest friends and family. For couples looking for something different than a typical banquet hall, this venue offers a fantastic alternative. It’s been beautifully designed with a hand-crafted travertine floor and a bar with a whimsical old world feel which will add something almost magical to any wedding celebration.

This exclusive space is available for rent only. However, the owners of Cellar 222 make wedding dreams come true as they allow couples to tailor their wedding and make it unique. In reviews, many couples have commented on the beauty and aesthetics of the space. Meaning, they could use their budget on other aspects of their wedding rather than spending it on decorations.

Although this venue is quite compact, there is space for up to 150 guests and it has two fabulous rooms that the couple can use on their special day:

The rustic charm and Tuscan ambiance in this room make it the ideal space to hold the wedding ceremony. Once the ceremony is over, the staff at Cellar 222 offer a turn around service to convert the space into a dining area. This area is suitable for 90 guests for a sit-down dinner or 150 guests for a cocktail reception.

This room is located above the cellar and can be used for a ceremony or wedding reception. It is also an ideal space to retreat to for a cocktail hour while the cellar is being transitioned to a dining room following the ceremony.

Prices vary for the rental of Cellar 222 depending on the day, the number of guests and which rooms are required. The rental price does include the use of tables and chairs, use of the kitchen and wine cooler for caterers and an eight-speaker Audiophile sound system. There is space for a DJ or couples can bring music to play. Audio-visual equipment, like a projector and screen, is also available if couples would like to add this element to their wedding day for slide shows, etcetera.

For couples who have no idea where to start, Cellar 222 provides a list of trusted and highly recommended vendors. This list contains everything the couple requires for their special day; from catering and beverages to flowers, photographs and even a wedding planner to help take the stress out of organizing the most important day of their lives.

As well as the wedding ceremony and reception, Cellar 222 offer the following perks for couples choosing this venue for their special day:

• Wine tasting.
  • Rehearsal dinner.
  • Bridal Suite.
  • Tables and chairs for up to 150.
  • 12 Speaker Sound Systems.
  • Options to bring in caterers and alcohol.
  • Free parking.
  • Separate dressing rooms for the bride and groom.

Cellar 222...A Tuscan Wine Cellar

Cellar 222 is an upscale intimate wine cellar loaded with character in the heart of Kansas City. After 7 years, still the best kept secret for one of a kind quaint Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions, all at an unbelievable price. Cozy, rustic, and romantic with Italian forged iron lighting, natural stone fireplace, hand cut marble floor, old world bar, and a nice big comfy bridal suite. At Cellar222 we love what we do and you are . . . FREE to bring in your own beverages, FREE to use your own caterer, FREE to use all of our quality tables and chairs, FREE to use our amazing sound system, FREE to be the only event in our building on your special day! Call or text Steve 913.522.4770

$ – Inexpensive

Historic Venue, Loft

222 West 20th Street, Kansas City, MO (913) 522-4770

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Letitia C

Cellar 222 is an awesome venue. I looked and looked for an awesome, affordable, and gorgeous venue to have both our ceremony & reception at for under 100 guest. THIS WAS IT!!!! A hidden gem in downtown KCMO! Perfect space. My fiancé (now husband) was so excited when he saw the... Read More pictures. In fact, he didn’t even get a chance to see it before the wedding and on the day of was so pleased with it!The venue itself is just gorgeous. Stone walls and a fireplace are just some parts that make it wonderful. There is not a lot of decorating that needs to be done with this place. I had centerpieces for my tables, décor for the fireplace & stairwell, but the walls and what not did not need to be changed! I dealt with both Scott & Steven & they are both wonderful. Very prompt with emails and texts and calls. They answered all my questions. I wasn’t even able to look at this venue when I booked it because I was planning from out of town, but as soon as I was relocated to the area they let me come right over and look at it in person! The photos don’t even do it justice! There was an off duty police officer there during my event and he was extremely friendly and nice to all our guests and didn’t get in the way of anything. It was nice having the extra security, just in case! Our parking situation was wonderful, there was a parking lot that is specifically reserved for the venue for their events, so no guests had any issues parking what so ever. I picked this place also because I was able to bring in my own alcohol & beverages as long as I had a licensed bartender as well as pick my own caterer, which was so nice and accommodating of them. This space is great for weddings and other events as well. Our guest count was around 60 and there was ample room for tables, photobooth, & dancing! It was awesome! Thanks Cellar 222!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

My new wife and I got married at Cellar 222 just a few weeks ago and we couldn't have been more happy with the venue. Because it already looks so amazing inside the decorating didn't take much at all. We had both our ceremony and our reception there and it went so smoothly with... Read More the 2 floors and it was exactly what we were hoping for. Scott was very nice and incredibly easy to work with making the whole process go so smooth. I would highly recommend using Cellar 222 for a wedding and the location right in the crossroads couldn't be any better.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

After hunting for months, we loved finding Cellar 222 because it provided so many benefits which we didn't find elsewhere. It's in a nice, central location for attendees who were from many directions, and parking was free and plentiful. The building provided a great ambience... Read More with many layout options (on two floors) for both our wedding AND reception. It was great not having to rent tables and chairs, since they are provided with the venue. The owners were very professional, courteous, and flexible and patient with our repeated visits to the venue to determine how we wanted to set everything up. It ended up being the most affordable solution, yet exactly what we needed to have a an absolutely wonderful wedding. It's great that not only family and friends, but also caterers and bartenders said it was one of the best weddings they'd ever attended!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Phlicia Y

Cellar 222 gave me and my husband everything we wanted for our special day. Neither 1 of us have never been married and Steve and Scott both helped us out with the important details for our special day to be successful and it truly was a success! We could come any time we needed... Read More to in order to plan and orgAnize. They gave us great recommendations! Everyone cant stop talking it! Thank you so much Steve and Scott and Cellar 222 for making my special day memorable forever!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Sam S

Great venue and Steven and Scott were great to work with through the entire process (from the initial tour to the wedding day)! The interior is amazing and requires little decorations. There were more than enough table and chairs for our event. There also is an entire parking... Read More lot available just across the street (that is also free). Also Cellar 222 has no restrictions on caterers and allows the client to bring in their own alcohol (which we did not have that option at other venues that we looked at)!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Chris H

My wife & I picked Cellar 222 for our wedding reception, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. It's a lovely venue, with an intimate atmosphere that worked great for our party of about 60 people. The owner, Steve, was a delight to do business with. You won't go wrong... Read More choosing Cellar 222 for your special occasion!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017

My daughter recently had her wedding ceremony & reception at Cellar222. The event space is so elegant that there was not a need for many decorations. Steve was wonderful to work with and helped us through the planning jitters. He helped to add to make my daughter's wedding a... Read More joyful memory.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Sue B

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at Cellar 222. Steve was exceptionally cooperative and easy to work with. He was always willing to help in any way. It was a perfect evening.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kelli F

We had our wedding there on 5/27/17. Steven was extremely helpful as we had no idea how to plan a wedding! The space is beautiful and well maintained. It is also in a great location with plenty of parking. We had our ceremony and reception there and it was very nice and... Read More convenient to have a cocktail upstairs while everything was being set up downstairs for the reception. It is extremely affordable for Kansas City and there is no need for a lot of decorations because of the existing decor. They also provide tables and chairs and have a great sound system. I received compliments from all of my guests and would definitely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Olga S

Great venue with the perfect details! All of our guests were commenting on how cool the place was. It's fairly priced and allows you to really do whatever you want. Working with Scott was a breeze. He's very responsive and was answering last minute emails quickly. 10/10

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Kelley H

Steven and Scott were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Not only was this venue incredibly well priced for the Kansas City area, it required little decoration due to the already beautiful interior. I had several guests comment on the space itself as well as the... Read More bathrooms. My favorite part about the inside was the space in front of the fireplace where we had our first dance. We put flowers and marquee letters on the mantle so they were above us and the photos were gorgeous. Another great aspect of this venue is that it isn't just one huge room, which I feel can make a venue feel impersonal. The staircase comes down into the main room, which does not make the space feel disjointed, but rather makes it feel intimate and friendly. I didn't think I would write this much, but venue selection is so important since everything else is built upon this foundation and I couldn't have asked for anything better! We had a group of about 60 which is a perfect number for downstairs, but if you have more, the upstairs is wonderful as well and can be rented additionally. Thanks again for everything!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Angela W

When I toured Cellar 222 I began to cry as it just felt right for my husband and I. We just knew it was the venue for us. It has so much charm you don't even have to decorate much! Steve is great and held my hand through the whole process. He was so flexible with hours and... Read More schedules and was a resource during my planning journey. I'd highly recommend this venue to any bride! Thanks Steve! :)

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Sarah H

We looked at about a dozen places around Kansas City before deciding on Cellar 222. We ended up using the venue for both our ceremony and reception. We were thrilled with how it well it worked out for us. We truly believe that there is not another space in Kansas City that... Read More provides the value of this venue. With the price of the rental and by allowing us to use our own caterer and bar tenders we were able to have the exact wedding that we wanted and we were able to stay on budget. Steven, the venue manager, was also an absolute delight to work with. He was very accommodating and allowed us to view the space multiple times while we were in the planning stages. Out of all of the vendors we worked with Steven was the most stress free and always responded to our questions in a timely manner. The space itself is beautiful and since it is already so decorated we did not need to do much decorating for our wedding. We received numerous compliments from our guests on the venue. We had 120 guests and the space worked perfect for us. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding there and would recommend to anyone who wants to have their wedding in the Kansas City Metro. The venue has dedicated lot so it made having the wedding downtown a breeze for our guests.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017

I recently had my 40th birthday party at Cellar 222. It was a Gatsby themed party and the venue was perfect for the theme. Scott and Steven where very helpful and made planning very easy! My guest had a blast and loved the venue it was perfect for a Friday evening birthday... Read More party! I Would recommend Cellar 222 for a nice intimate party atmosphere!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Mary O

I cannot recommend Cellar 222 enough. It was amazing from start to event! We had a Wedding Shower there and it was PERFECT, setup, parking, amenities. Easy for our caterer too. Absolutely the nicest people I have dealt with! Book here with 110% confidence.

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Kurt B

Very accommodating and easy to work with. Pricing was realistic. We had our ceremony and reception here. Everyone complemented on the uniqueness and fun atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a wedding with 130 or less guests!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Angel P

Great venue for the size of wedding we were having.

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Robyn B

We had our rehearsal dinner at Cellar 222 and they were very accommodating and easy to work with. We had an issue with our bartending service a week before and Scott was quick on communication and offered additional options which made the process less stressful. The space is... Read More beautiful and we had a lot of freedom with vendors and decorating. It is a beautiful and affordable venue that I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Kayla K

Cellar 222 was a great venue for our wedding. The building is beautiful, you don't need many decorations. The owners were very accommodating and let you have your choice of vendors and the timeline of your day is completely up to you. I loved having our wedding at Cellar 222 and... Read More it fit perfectly with our theme.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kyla E

re so happy that we found this place for our wedding. We were only going to have our reception here, but it ended up raining the day of our wedding. I asked Scott last minute if we could move the ceremony inside and he was so accomodating. He really helped a day that felt like... Read More it was falling apart (to this bride) come together smoothly. He was actually super helpful and sweet throughout our entire wedding planning process. He was so fast to respond every time I had a question, whether I contacted him through email, text, or phone call. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with how wonderful the service was. He is also honest and trustworthy. It was quite wonderful working with him. Also, the venue itself is so beautiful! Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be! It has so much personality and class, you don't really have to do too much decorating. I loved that part! So all in all, staff is wonderful, the venue is beautiful, and the price is great! I don't have enough good things to say about this venue! I am so glad we chose it for our special day! Kyla E. and Damian T.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Evanne W

1st i want to thank Scott at celler 222 for all his wonderful help in planning such a wonderful and quick reception. we had already been married for 3 months before our reception, so they were ao accommodating with working it as just a party. giving me and my husband all the... Read More things we needed in such a short time. i have been telling many of my friends about the venue and how great the cost, people, and location are jusf absolutly amazing. i would deffinatly suggest this place for anytype of wedding or party honestly! Thanks again! the williams

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Christina M

Scott was amazing!!! He was so wonderful, patient, and willing to work with us. I was planning a wedding from out of town and he always was so helpful and gave many helpful ideas for my wedding. The venue added a rustic beauty with a intimate setting. Everyone praised how unique... Read More the venue was compared to others places.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I can't say enough about Cellar 222! Our wedding was this past Saturday (4/30/16) and working with Scott, Cy, and Stephanie was a breeze. They were willing to offer as much assistance as possible from day one. Our guest list got a little out.of control, but space was not an... Read More issue. The prices are extremely reasonable and the space is beautiful. I would recommend this venue to anyone for any type of event! Thanx Cellar 222

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Stephanie S

My Husband and I had nothing but the best experience with Scott and his venue !!!! We couldn't have been happier with his genuine kindness and amazing venue it was perfect for our wedding of 40 people! He was so helpful and the character of Cellar 222 was exactly what we had... Read More been looking for! EVERYONE that was there enjoyed the venue as well. Scott was around and with a little bit of DJ issues he willingly came and helped him out to solve the problem and the rest of the day went flawlessly! DEFINITELY RECOMEND this venue and just a pleasure to have found this venue for big and small parties definitely.

Steven

Cellar222 was opened in 2009 with an idea that we could provide an upscale cozy venue to brides and grooms at a very affordable price compared to other venues in KC. After 7 years, and watching other venues come and go, we love what we do and what we have to offer. On occasion you will see me with my daughter . . . she loves what we do too!