Designing Your Soulful Ceremony

Your wedding, just the way you want it -- tasteful, meaningful and personal. Let me design and create the exclusively customized ceremony you have always dreamed about. I will provide a distinctively profound celebration that honors your individual personalities and your marriage.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Carly B

Joan was an amazing officiant. She was always very timely in her responses and provided several selections (both traditional and contemporary) for us to choose from. She provided guidance and advice that was much appreciated as we put together our ceremony. She was willing to... Read More meet with us several times to get to know us and to answer any and all questions. I would highly recommend Joan as a wedding ceremony officiant!! -Carly & David Mendelsohn

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kari M

Look no further for the perfect ceremony! Rev. Joan has made our wedding absolutely perfect! She helped us customize the most beautiful ceremony. We have received so many compliments from guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. She has so much wedding knowledge,... Read More and was such a calming presence for me. Talking to Rev. Joan made me feel at ease, and trust that everything would turn out right. She was always easy to reach and responded quickly. We loved designing our ceremony together. Before meeting Rev. Joan I was not excited about the ceremony. I felt like it was something I had to get through to get to the party. Talking to her immediately changed that. Now it is truly the best part of the whole day. I was more excited for our ceremony than anything else on the day, and it was perfect. She helped incorporate so much sentiment and personality. I recommend Ceremonies by Design to every couple!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Erin C

Joan made planning our ceremony stress free and fun! She provided structure to planning our ceremony but also let us personalize it as much as we wanted. She also helped us obtain a marriage license and change my name. I would highly recommend Joan!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Nicole M

Rev. Joan was amazing!! She was extremely kind, caring, and warm-hearted and made the process stress free. She created the perfect ceremony for us! She was extremely easy to work with, detailed oriented, and thoughtful. Not only did we think we had an amazing ceremony, we... Read More received many compliments from the guests saying it was the BEST ceremony they had attended! If you are looking for a stress free, personalized ceremony, Ceremonies by Design is the way to go! Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Melissa B

Joan was referred to me by a co-worker. After our first meeting at Panera Bread in Feburary of 2016 it was love at first sight! She has an amazing energy about her, wonderful sense of humor and much appreciated experience that will help you feel confident and secure in knowing... Read More your wedding ceremony is going to be everything you ever wanted it to be. Through scheduled phone chats Joan helped me piece together our beautiful ceremony and provided a much needed counsel for this stressed bride-to-be :) No matter what style of ceremony you desire Joan will accommodate you and your vision while providing top notch guidance. Look no further for professional, prompt, kind hearted service! Joan is your top choice for a wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah R

Rev Joan was absolutely amazing. She was so helpful in the planning process and always answered our questions so promptly. She made our ceremony absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Melanie S

Joan was awesome to work with. She helped us create just the ceremony we had envisioned and was accommodating and flexible in meeting with us to make sure we got it just right. We got to know her during the process and felt she took a personal interest in making sure we had the... Read More ceremony we wanted. She's so easy to work with and has so much experience we found here invaluable to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Michaela W

Joan and Karen were amazing throughout our entire wedding process. They both took a very personal interest in the vision we had for our personalized ceremony. Living in a different state, communication through e-mail and phone was essential to ensure everything was on track.... Read More I never had to worry that things were not being done, and that itself was a gift. Karen also made sure that things ran efficiently and smoothly for the rehearsal and actual wedding. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and would recommend them highly to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sara W

Rev Joan was very easy to work with and helped us create the perfect ceremony. We received several compliments on our ceremony. She walked us through each step and even allowed us to make last minute changes. We would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Haley M

I cannot say enough good things about both Joan and Karen. They both did everything to make our wedding day PERFECT! would highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Courtney E

Joan helped us to create the perfect ceremony that was uniquely ours, and that drew many compliments- and tears- from guests. She was so responsive to all of our concerns, and I am so glad we had her marry us!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Suraya M

Rev. Joan was phenomenal! My husband and I chose the personalized ceremony Joan offers and wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests commented and continue to tell us how original and inspiring our ceremony was. We loved it and so did everyone else. The process was easy and... Read More relaxed. I would highly recommend Rev. Joan to anyone who is looking for a unique and personalized ceremony. She also provided us with a very nice booklet of our ceremony, which I absolutely love because I didn't remember to have anyone record our ceremony. So at least we still have the words :)

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Kim

Joan is the absolute best. We were so lucky to have found her! My husband and I live in Chicago, and we planned our Mt Horeb, WI wedding through emails and phone calls. Joan was so easy to talk to and was always responsive and available. She knew exactly what we were looking... Read More for in our ceremony and even gave us sample readings and prayers to select for our customized ceremony. We finally met Joan in person a couple of weeks before our wedding, and it felt like we had known her for forever. On the day of the wedding, Joan helped guide everything and everyone along - including our wedding party and vendors. She was so helpful and organized. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and we really felt the love in the air that day. After the ceremony, she gave us a bound copy of our ceremony and a little gift. She is such a kind and wonderful person! We absolutely loved working with Joan and would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Gracie P

Joan was wonderful to us every step of the way! At first we thought she was a little expensive but she was extremely experienced and made everything so easy on us- which is definitely worth the little extra! Her assistant was also wonderful and very prepared.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Alex D

Reverend Joan was WONDERFUL! She was willing to meet us 1/2 way between our place and hers for our first meeting and was completely prepared and very knowledgeable from the start. She provided us with drafts of "traditional" and "contemporary" wedding ceremonies; each of which... Read More had multiple examples for each section of the ceremony. From there she let us completely customize our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. We picked our favorite pieces from the examples she provided and added in some of our own ideas. In the end, we had our dream ceremony. We got so many compliments from our guests on the ceremony. They loved how personal and unique it was. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jesse R

Rev Joan created the perfect personalized ceremony for my wife and I. Only speaking with her over the phone prior to the ceremony, she put us at ease immediately with her knowledge, and ability to give us a unique ceremony to our day. After we chose to have her marry us, she... Read More took the time to get to know us through questionnaires, and phone calls, so that she could provide us a day that would truly fit our style and relationship. She was very open to working through multiple drafts and revisions of our day until it was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Ceremonies by Design to anyone who wants an incredibly moving and personal ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Natalie M

Joan did an amazing job with our ceremony up in Green Lake! She was professional and always got back to us quickly. She created a beautiful ceremony for us that also included our daughter. We had many compliments from our guests stating how great our officiant was! I highly... Read More reccomend Joan as an officiant!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Bethany M

We knew right away when meeting Joan for the first time that we wanted her as an Officiant. She took the time to get to know us in a comfortable setting and walked us through the entire process of creating a ceremony to fit our personalities and wishes. We were able to combine... Read More contemporary and traditional elements into our ceremony and include our own personal touches. We also really appreciated that Joan took the time to create and give us a beautiful copy of the written ceremony. We would love to recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Joan was amazing. We were beyond happy with the services she provided for us before, on and after our wedding. She was a little more than we budgeted for but I think that knowing that your officiant is experienced, going to do a great job, and not having to stress about the MOST... Read More important part about getting married (the actual ceremony) it was worth it. She was also extremely personable and genuinely cared about the small details and helping make the process easier for us. My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the services provided to us by Joan.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 l k

My husband and I are so pleased we worked with Joan. We wanted our ceremony to be meaningful, personal, and thoughtful. We definitely got that and more. Joan was professional, made lots of really great suggestions on things we could add to our ceremony, but most of all she was... Read More easy to work with and very kind and calm — the exact sort of energy you want when planning a wedding. Working with her felt effortless because she was so professional, responded to all our questions within a reasonable period of time, and helped guide us through the entire process of working with her to create a personalized ceremony that spoke to the relationship my husband and I have built, and what we wanted to communicate to each other and our families on our wedding day. I will suggest Joan to all my closest friends and family for her great service, kindness, and professionalism!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Nina S

My husband and I spent lots of time searching for officiants through our respected congregations. After having a few awful experiences, we decided to take a more non-traditional route and we found Ceremonies by Design. Reverend Joan was warm, compassionate, open-minded, and... Read More reassuring. We were able to combine traditional Christian language with contemporary themes and our ceremony was everything we hoped it would be. Reverend Joan was personable, and many of our guests believed that we had known her for years! Hiring Reverend Joan as our officiant was the best decision we made throughout the whole wedding process.

Wonderful Officiant!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Anne K

Joan was our officiant for our April 25th, 2015 wedding at The Wilderness in the Wisconsin Dells, and it was an absolutely beautiful ceremony! Joan, thank you so much for helping us make our dream of getting married come true, and making the process so easy and fun. Joan helped... Read More us put together a beautiful custom ceremony, we got so many compliments on our vows! We really appreciate you being there to celebrate with us. :) Thank you also for the wonderful book and the very nice copy of our ceremony outline!

Our Dream Ceremony!

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Emily K

Joan is a wonderful person who is very talented! As soon as we met with her we knew that she could create the ceremony we always dreamed of. The ceremony actually turned out even more beautiful than I ever imagined! We received sooooo many compliments on our service! Even some... Read More family members that were upset that it wasn't going to be very religious, really loved it! My maid of honor, who really dislikes weddings, cried when she read the ceremony draft ahead of time! Joan had great suggestions and ideas throughout the planning process and kept tweaking the draft until we had it exactly how we wanted it. I was really dreading creating a ceremony, but she made it a very simple process! She emailed us tons of readings and vows for ideas and options, which was great so that we didn't have to spend time researching them online. I just can't even express how happy we are that we chose Joan to create our ceremony! We really wanted a personalized service that told our love story, and that's exactly what we got! We couldn't be happier and would HIGHLY recommend Ceremonies By Design!

Flexibility and guidance were key...

Reviewed on 12/17/2014

Our experience with Rev Joan Pape couldn't have gone any smoother. We were looking for a non-denomination experience, one that afforded us a high degree of flexibility as we incorporated the baptism of three of our children into our wedding ceremony. It came across fluid and... Read More seamless. It was great. Rev Joan Pape had helpful suggestions along the way that added nice touches to our day.

Excellent

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Jen M

Rev Joan Pape did an amazing job. We would recommend her to anyone who asks. She wrote our personal story for our ceremony and did it so perfectly. Everyone thought it was a beautiful ceremony including us, bride and groom.

Rev. Joan Pape

I have been creating and conducting custom-designed wedding ceremonies since 2002. No matter what your preferences are, I will make sure your ceremony meets your wishes and is exactly how you want it.