Designing Your Soulful Ceremony

Your wedding, just the way you want it -- tasteful, meaningful and personal. Let me design and create the exclusively customized ceremony you have always dreamed about. I will provide a distinctively profound celebration that honors your individual personalities and your marriage.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Carly B

Joan was an amazing officiant. She was always very timely in her responses and provided several selections (both traditional and contemporary) for us to choose from. She provided guidance and advice that was much appreciated as we put together our ceremony. She was willing to... Read More meet with us several times to get to know us and to answer any and all questions. I would highly recommend Joan as a wedding ceremony officiant!! -Carly & David Mendelsohn

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kari M

Look no further for the perfect ceremony! Rev. Joan has made our wedding absolutely perfect! She helped us customize the most beautiful ceremony. We have received so many compliments from guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. She has so much wedding knowledge,... Read More and was such a calming presence for me. Talking to Rev. Joan made me feel at ease, and trust that everything would turn out right. She was always easy to reach and responded quickly. We loved designing our ceremony together. Before meeting Rev. Joan I was not excited about the ceremony. I felt like it was something I had to get through to get to the party. Talking to her immediately changed that. Now it is truly the best part of the whole day. I was more excited for our ceremony than anything else on the day, and it was perfect. She helped incorporate so much sentiment and personality. I recommend Ceremonies by Design to every couple!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Erin C

Joan made planning our ceremony stress free and fun! She provided structure to planning our ceremony but also let us personalize it as much as we wanted. She also helped us obtain a marriage license and change my name. I would highly recommend Joan!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Ashley M

The moment we met Joan, we knew she would be the perfect fit for us. We met her at Panera for our first meeting and she provided a detailed menu of all her available services and we discussed what options would be best suited for our wedding ceremony. She made sure she got to... Read More know my husband and I and sent us detailed questionnaires so she could write a personal ceremony script. When she sent the first proof, she truly captured exactly what my husband and I were after for our personalized ceremony. Her words were so accurate and true that they made us cry when reading them. Throughout the entire process, she communicated and responded quickly and efficiently and made sure we loved our ceremony experience. For the rehearsal ceremony and wedding day, Joan was consistently available for us and answered any and all questions we had. She was organized, calm, and made me feel very comfortable with the whole process. I would definitely recommend Joan Pape to anyone looking for a ceremony that is personal, unique, and custom. It definitely is evident that this is her passion and I am honored to have had her as our officiant on our wedding day! Thank you, Joan! -Jarrod & Ashley Mayes

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Nicole B

Ceremonies by Design made creating a personalized and faith based ceremony a breeze. With a variety of options and expert guidance, we were able to add personal touches and use wording that best suited our taste. We worked with Rev. Joan Pape and she was so organized and... Read More professional to work with. Her presentation style is beautiful and we received so many compliments throughout the evening about how beautiful our ceremony was. She was great at giving us guidance for how to make sure things run smoothly before, during, and after the ceremony. It was perfect! 😍

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Hannah A

Joan is a fantastic officiant! She offers a wide variety of wedding styles and takes the time to get to know you and your partner, in order to ensure everything is personalized. She was super helpful with all our questions, helping us meet deadlines along the wedding process.... Read More She took care of so much and we were so grateful for all her hard work!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Stephanie E

After much research I came upon Reverend Joan M Pape. I wanted to find an officiant that we felt comfortable with and someone who would make our ceremony unique and personal. She replied fairly quickly to all of our emails and was very accommodating to scheduling a skype meeting... Read More since we live in a different state. Once we had our skype meeting we knew that she was the one whom we wanted to marry us and we just had to book her. She shortly sent us a questionnaire for us to fill out to help make the ceremony more personal, which I loved. She gave us samples of readings and a guide ceremony draft for some guidance. we were able to go through a couple of drafts perfecting it until it was the ceremony we wanted and she helped us through it all. On the day of the wedding she was beyond nice and professional. She did a great job and truly helped make our ceremony special. Thank you Reverend Joan M Pape!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Devon G

We are so happy we hired reverend Joan for our ceremony. Even though we were planning our wedding from across the country she still took the time to give us a phone call to get to know us and was very easy to communicate with through email. Also, Joan was very helpful when my... Read More husband and I were writing our vows giving wonderful suggestions and edits. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how beautiful it was and that is because of her. Any bride would be lucky to have Reverend Joan.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Nicole M

Rev. Joan was amazing!! She was extremely kind, caring, and warm-hearted and made the process stress free. She created the perfect ceremony for us! She was extremely easy to work with, detailed oriented, and thoughtful. Not only did we think we had an amazing ceremony, we... Read More received many compliments from the guests saying it was the BEST ceremony they had attended! If you are looking for a stress free, personalized ceremony, Ceremonies by Design is the way to go! Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Melissa B

Joan was referred to me by a co-worker. After our first meeting at Panera Bread in Feburary of 2016 it was love at first sight! She has an amazing energy about her, wonderful sense of humor and much appreciated experience that will help you feel confident and secure in knowing... Read More your wedding ceremony is going to be everything you ever wanted it to be. Through scheduled phone chats Joan helped me piece together our beautiful ceremony and provided a much needed counsel for this stressed bride-to-be :) No matter what style of ceremony you desire Joan will accommodate you and your vision while providing top notch guidance. Look no further for professional, prompt, kind hearted service! Joan is your top choice for a wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah R

Rev Joan was absolutely amazing. She was so helpful in the planning process and always answered our questions so promptly. She made our ceremony absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Melanie S

Joan was awesome to work with. She helped us create just the ceremony we had envisioned and was accommodating and flexible in meeting with us to make sure we got it just right. We got to know her during the process and felt she took a personal interest in making sure we had the... Read More ceremony we wanted. She's so easy to work with and has so much experience we found here invaluable to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Michaela W

Joan and Karen were amazing throughout our entire wedding process. They both took a very personal interest in the vision we had for our personalized ceremony. Living in a different state, communication through e-mail and phone was essential to ensure everything was on track.... Read More I never had to worry that things were not being done, and that itself was a gift. Karen also made sure that things ran efficiently and smoothly for the rehearsal and actual wedding. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and would recommend them highly to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sara W

Rev Joan was very easy to work with and helped us create the perfect ceremony. We received several compliments on our ceremony. She walked us through each step and even allowed us to make last minute changes. We would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Haley M

I cannot say enough good things about both Joan and Karen. They both did everything to make our wedding day PERFECT! would highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Courtney E

Joan helped us to create the perfect ceremony that was uniquely ours, and that drew many compliments- and tears- from guests. She was so responsive to all of our concerns, and I am so glad we had her marry us!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Suraya M

Rev. Joan was phenomenal! My husband and I chose the personalized ceremony Joan offers and wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests commented and continue to tell us how original and inspiring our ceremony was. We loved it and so did everyone else. The process was easy and... Read More relaxed. I would highly recommend Rev. Joan to anyone who is looking for a unique and personalized ceremony. She also provided us with a very nice booklet of our ceremony, which I absolutely love because I didn't remember to have anyone record our ceremony. So at least we still have the words :)

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Kim

Joan is the absolute best. We were so lucky to have found her! My husband and I live in Chicago, and we planned our Mt Horeb, WI wedding through emails and phone calls. Joan was so easy to talk to and was always responsive and available. She knew exactly what we were looking... Read More for in our ceremony and even gave us sample readings and prayers to select for our customized ceremony. We finally met Joan in person a couple of weeks before our wedding, and it felt like we had known her for forever. On the day of the wedding, Joan helped guide everything and everyone along - including our wedding party and vendors. She was so helpful and organized. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and we really felt the love in the air that day. After the ceremony, she gave us a bound copy of our ceremony and a little gift. She is such a kind and wonderful person! We absolutely loved working with Joan and would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Gracie P

Joan was wonderful to us every step of the way! At first we thought she was a little expensive but she was extremely experienced and made everything so easy on us- which is definitely worth the little extra! Her assistant was also wonderful and very prepared.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Alex D

Reverend Joan was WONDERFUL! She was willing to meet us 1/2 way between our place and hers for our first meeting and was completely prepared and very knowledgeable from the start. She provided us with drafts of "traditional" and "contemporary" wedding ceremonies; each of which... Read More had multiple examples for each section of the ceremony. From there she let us completely customize our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. We picked our favorite pieces from the examples she provided and added in some of our own ideas. In the end, we had our dream ceremony. We got so many compliments from our guests on the ceremony. They loved how personal and unique it was. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jesse R

Rev Joan created the perfect personalized ceremony for my wife and I. Only speaking with her over the phone prior to the ceremony, she put us at ease immediately with her knowledge, and ability to give us a unique ceremony to our day. After we chose to have her marry us, she... Read More took the time to get to know us through questionnaires, and phone calls, so that she could provide us a day that would truly fit our style and relationship. She was very open to working through multiple drafts and revisions of our day until it was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Ceremonies by Design to anyone who wants an incredibly moving and personal ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Natalie M

Joan did an amazing job with our ceremony up in Green Lake! She was professional and always got back to us quickly. She created a beautiful ceremony for us that also included our daughter. We had many compliments from our guests stating how great our officiant was! I highly... Read More reccomend Joan as an officiant!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Bethany M

We knew right away when meeting Joan for the first time that we wanted her as an Officiant. She took the time to get to know us in a comfortable setting and walked us through the entire process of creating a ceremony to fit our personalities and wishes. We were able to combine... Read More contemporary and traditional elements into our ceremony and include our own personal touches. We also really appreciated that Joan took the time to create and give us a beautiful copy of the written ceremony. We would love to recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Joan was amazing. We were beyond happy with the services she provided for us before, on and after our wedding. She was a little more than we budgeted for but I think that knowing that your officiant is experienced, going to do a great job, and not having to stress about the MOST... Read More important part about getting married (the actual ceremony) it was worth it. She was also extremely personable and genuinely cared about the small details and helping make the process easier for us. My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the services provided to us by Joan.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 l k

My husband and I are so pleased we worked with Joan. We wanted our ceremony to be meaningful, personal, and thoughtful. We definitely got that and more. Joan was professional, made lots of really great suggestions on things we could add to our ceremony, but most of all she was... Read More easy to work with and very kind and calm — the exact sort of energy you want when planning a wedding. Working with her felt effortless because she was so professional, responded to all our questions within a reasonable period of time, and helped guide us through the entire process of working with her to create a personalized ceremony that spoke to the relationship my husband and I have built, and what we wanted to communicate to each other and our families on our wedding day. I will suggest Joan to all my closest friends and family for her great service, kindness, and professionalism!

Rev. Joan Pape

I have been creating and conducting custom-designed wedding ceremonies since 2002. No matter what your preferences are, I will make sure your ceremony meets your wishes and is exactly how you want it.