Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola

North Bellmore, NY

Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola

I am an ordained Interfaith Minister & licensed wedding officiant. I specialize in heart centered & personalized wedding ceremonies that reflect your love & beliefs. Let’s create a ceremony that will live in your hearts forever. All couples welcomed!Marriage equality! Minister & Rabbi team avail.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

2470 North Jerusalem Road, North Bellmore, NY

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Jamie L

Ceremony was amazing! Rev deb did an amazing job!

Heartwarming Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kelly-Ann K

Deb put us at ease from the moment we met her at the Westbury Manor Open House. She was kind and warm, which is exactly what we were looking for in an officiant to marry us. She asked us some great questions when we met with her to incorporate into our ceremony but we... Read More certainly could have never anticipated the beautiful ceremony she crafted for us. She even added some personal touches based on what we spoke about that surprised us and it made it even better than we anticipated. She is a lovely person and my husband and I would 100% recommend her.

Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola & Rabbi Sara

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Magan G

We choose Rev. Deb & Rabbi Sara for our interfaith ceremony and it was fantastic! They gave many different options for the ceremony so we were really able to cutomize it to be a true representation of us. They both gave our guests a good description of us/our love/our... Read More relationship and how we feel about each other. Many of our guests commented on the ceremony and said they really enjoyed it and it was a great combination of the two faiths. Thank you both again so much for making our day so special and a great representaion of us!

Tom & Jackie

Reviewed on 5/27/2015

Rev Deb made our wedding personal and special. She guided us along the way and made things easy for us to decide. She spoke about us as we had been longtime friends. We didn't want anything to religious but still spiritual, she made that happen. Rev Deb was great!!!

Perfect ceremony!!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Allie M

Rev Deb is absolutely wonderful! So many people said to us after the ceremony how great it was. She really helped make it our own which was really important to us. We made lots of changes especially to our own vows right down to the last day and nothing was ever an issue. She... Read More was so easy to work with, it made the whole process really special. We HIGHLY recommend for your special day. THANK YOU CEREMONIES OF THE HEART!!!!

Ceremonies of The Heart

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Rev Deb Viola is a warm ,kind and supportive officiant. She made our ceremony very special with her inclusive, inviting personality and her wonderful sense of humor. We would not have wanted anyone else to marry us!

Great!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Christine G

Rev. Deb was a great choice for our wedding. Our ceremony was very personal and perfect. We got so many compliments on it. People loved that she included how we met into the ceremony. There was the perfect a amount of humor and mush, which was just what we wanted. We highly... Read More recommend!!! :)

Rev. Deb Viola takes charge

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Jodi T

Rev. Deb was very on top of everything. She worked well with Rabbi Frank. Deb took care of everything. She wrote out a great ceremony. Unfortunately, when asked to shorten a section and get back to us with it, she never got back to us with the final draft. It would have... Read More been nice to see it prior to the day of. There was one incident that rather upset me with the way the ceremony went. We asked for a ring warming. That was approved of by both of our officiants. However, we felt that Rev. Deb being a Reiki Master, would be the better one to lead that section. We felt that the energy she could provide would not only place the energy we were looking for into our rings, but the symbolism was appropriate. Our Rabbi was under the impression that that would be a section he would perform. We asked Rev. Deb numerous times to take care of the situation because we did not want to offend Rabbi Frank. Not once was it brought up to Rabbi Frank, and he ended up performing that section. And while the ceremony was beautiful, there was one more thing that bothered me about the way the ceremony was performed. The day of, she told us that if in our vows we did not state the following words, our marriage would not be legally binding. "I take ____ to be my lawful wife/husband from this moment to my last". While I do not object with the sentiment in this, I do object to being lied to about needing to add something to our already laid out vows. It is not the vows that make a marriage legally binding, it is when the signed certificate is sent to the state that does. But while I had these griefs with the behind the scenes, the ceremony went off without a hitch and everyone thought it was the sweetest ceremony and most original that anyone has seen. So the only people to know that there were issues were me and my husband.

2013-11-30T10:28:01 Response from the vendor

A note from Rev Deb. Thank you for taking the time to add a review and I am glad that you thought the ceremony was beautiful. I would like to clarify some of the questions you had. During the process of creating this particular ceremony... Read Less Read More

All I Could Have Hoped For

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Maria P

We contacted a few officiants we had found online and Rev. Deb had an office convenient to us. When we met with her, she made us feel so comfortable. She asked us about how we met, our families and what we loved about each other. She then offered us many ways to create a... Read More ceremony that truly expressed who we are. Our ceremony was wonderful! Everyone remarked at how personal and meaningful it was! She even gave us a keepsake copy of the ceremony. Her price was very reasonable and she helped us to have a wedding day that our entire family will never forget! Maria Brennan

Great ceremony but frustrations behind the scenes

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Jennifer M

While the wedding ceremony was beautiful, I was irritated on the wedding day when Rev. Deb showed up 1 hour late (luckily we had built in time so this wasn't too bad) due to her previous wedding running late. Once she arrived one of the first things out of her mouth was... Read More regarding our remaining payment. While it is understandable that she would want the remaining money owed to her, she could have handled it differently, especially since she was so late. I also had to email her numerous times to get responses when deciding the specifics on our ceremony. I must say again that the ceremony turned out beautifully, but it was aggravating dealing with these other issues. She also left a binder with us which includes all the details from our wedding, however, there are numerous typos and errors.

2013-01-01T10:42:36 Response from the vendor

A note from Rev Deb. Thank you for taking the time to add a review and I am glad that you thought the ceremony was beautiful. I would like to clarify some of the details. Usually I arrive 45 mins to 1 hour before the... Read Less Read More

Lovely ceremony

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Jeannette R

When I first contacted Rev Deb I was looking for a short but sweet ceremony, nothing extensive. My husband and I met with Deb once and when she sent me my first draft, I was in tears. Only after meeting us for a little while, she was able to put together one of the nicest... Read More ceremonies with some details of our relationship and our personalities. I received many compliments on the ceremony and how lovely it was. Rev Deb was a pleasure to work with. She was responsive with questions and showed up on time and ready to go the day of. She is definitely worth meeting with.

Love Rev. Deb!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Katherine F

Rev. Deb did such an awesome job officianting my wedding a couple of weeks ago. My fiance and I were able to meet up with her a few months beforehand in order to share some details of our relationship with her. She then took what we shared with her and turned it into a very... Read More personal ceremony. Also, there was a minor mic issue at one point during our ceremony and she handled it very professionally. I'm so happy that we went with her as our officiant.

Rev Deb is the BEST

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Felicia T

Rev Deb is incredible. She was so professional and every one of our guests commented on what a wonderful job she did with the ceremony. She is awesome. She took time to get to know us and incorporate it into our ceremony. I would recommend her services to EVERYONE.

Our Ceremony was amazing!

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Cera

What can i say, we had Reverend Deb from Ceremonies of the Heart and she not only did my wedding but also my older sisters wedding 5 years ago. We love reverend Deb! Even with my husband and I being out of state, it was like we had known her for years, she was very good at... Read More answering emails and phone calls going back and forth. She even let us personalize our ceremony, we didn't want something that we had to choose from a pre cut cookie cutter feel out of a book, so we actually took part in making our ceremony up :) exactly how we wanted. I was appalled when i was looking at other officiants who REFUSED to let us make our own ceremony from readings and sample ceremonies online, we had other officiants actually have the nerve to tell us that if we made our own ceremony it would come out horrible. But not Rev Deb :) She was willing to work with us from the start, after all the ceremony is the most important part! We are a kind of unique couple and wanted to incorporate different traditions and she was always on board with us :) She not only recited a beautiful ceremony but also performed a sand ceremony and a hand fasting with us. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and different our ceremony was and it wouldn't have been possible without Rev Deb. Highly recommended!

completely customized ceremony

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Diane M

I wanted a unique and non-denominational, secular but spiritual ceremony (my husband is more traditional and we needed to blend these things). Reverend Deb met with us for two hours to get to know us, sent us a very detailed set of choices with some wonderful quotes and ideas.... Read More I was so busy, I barely communicated back but she nailed what we wanted from the little I said. In addition, She was warm, funny and very authentic and the ceremony was perhaps the best part of our wedding. I recommend her highly.

TO Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola