Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola

North Bellmore, NY

Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola

I am an ordained Interfaith Minister & licensed wedding officiant. I specialize in heart centered & personalized wedding ceremonies that reflect your love & beliefs. Let’s create a ceremony that will live in your hearts forever. All couples welcomed!Marriage equality! Minister & Rabbi team avail.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

2470 North Jerusalem Road, North Bellmore, NY (516) 697-1400

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Monica L

Rev. Deb MADE our wedding! The ceremony she created for us was personal, spiritual, uplifting, and just utterly beautiful. We met with her only once before the big day, and we had people coming up to us after the ceremony asking how long we’d known her, shocked to hear the... Read More truth, thinking we’d known her forever. One of our groomsmen who was getting married a few weeks later was mad he didn’t know about Rev. Deb before that day, because he wished he could have booked her for his own wedding after being part of the ceremony. The process from start to finish was pretty simple – we met with her once, discussed the types of elements we wanted to include in our ceremony, and from there went back and forth over email a few times regarding the ceremony she had drafted. She has some beautiful ideas and excerpts to include, and every single person has since said it was the most beautiful and original ceremony they’ve ever seen. On the day-of, everything went perfectly, except I actually forgot to bring our marriage license to the venue! I panicked (obviously), but Rev. Deb kept me calm and started talking through all the different scenarios so we could have the license signed before we left the country for two weeks (since the paperwork needs to be sent in within a certain window after the ceremony takes place). She even offered to have us drop by her house on our way to the airport the next day and use her family members as witnesses if necessary! Luckily, a few of our guests were able to retrieve it from our hotel in time, but it was amazing to know she would have done anything to help us out and make sure we didn’t have to worry. If you’re looking for a personalized, touching ceremony that really speaks to the couple getting married vs. a generic, templated ceremony, Rev. Deb is your gal! We can’t thank her enough for making our day so special and memorable!

Heartwarming Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kelly-Ann K

Deb put us at ease from the moment we met her at the Westbury Manor Open House. She was kind and warm, which is exactly what we were looking for in an officiant to marry us. She asked us some great questions when we met with her to incorporate into our ceremony but we... Read More certainly could have never anticipated the beautiful ceremony she crafted for us. She even added some personal touches based on what we spoke about that surprised us and it made it even better than we anticipated. She is a lovely person and my husband and I would 100% recommend her.

Ceremonies of the Heart - Rev. Deb Viola & Rabbi Sara

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Magan G

We choose Rev. Deb & Rabbi Sara for our interfaith ceremony and it was fantastic! They gave many different options for the ceremony so we were really able to cutomize it to be a true representation of us. They both gave our guests a good description of us/our love/our... Read More relationship and how we feel about each other. Many of our guests commented on the ceremony and said they really enjoyed it and it was a great combination of the two faiths. Thank you both again so much for making our day so special and a great representaion of us!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jessica M

Rev Deb married my husband and I recently (May 2017) and we have to say she is AMAZING! She is so sweet and wrote the most beautiful and personalized ceremony for us. She did a wonderful job performing the ceremony, so many of our guests have mentioned to us how well they... Read More thought she did. We couldn't have been happier, highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Dawn G

Rev Deb caught our attention at the only bridal show we attended in preparation for our wedding! We knew she was the one from that moment! Very easy to communicate with and very friendly! We met with her to discuss the wedding and she was so attentive and wanted as much... Read More information about us as we could give in order to get to know us on a personal level so she could deliver the best ceremony possible. At the end of this meeting she hugged us each goodbye which was a wonderful touch that made us even more confident! The wedding day was such a blur but standing there in front of Deb as she performed our ceremony was wonderful! We could tell just how attentive she was at our meeting by how detailed and perfect her material was! She incorporates our story about how we met and she had our guests chuckling several times throughout! We have had a handful of guests tell us how great she was, how there was no dull moment of dread as in some ceremonies they have attended and how she really made it personal! I can not wait to view the video(her son in law was our cinematographer btw!) so we can really watch it from a guests perspective! Hands down Deb is awesome and we would absolutely recommend her for anyone looking for a personalized ceremony!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Tamara V

Reverend Deb is amazing. She truly has a gift. She listens intently to your love story and will deliver the most personalized ceremony you could ever imagine! My guests were so impressed with our ceremony. It was so thoughtful, as if she's known us for years. There wasn't a... Read More dry eye in the house and it was truly my favorite part of the evening. Reverend Deb is a beautiful person inside and out. I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 jessica s

Rev Deb was the absolute best! I cannot say enough to recommend her to be the one to make your special moment memorable!! My husband and I wanted a small short ceremony & she made it as beautiful as possible! Afterwards, all of our guests came over to us to say how beautiful the... Read More ceremony was & that Rev Deb was so nice and personable. During the ceremony we were both nervous as nervous can be! She helped us feel more comfortable and tied our love together with her beautiful words!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Amanda W

From our first meeting with Deb, my husband and I knew she was perfect to be our officiant. We really liked the fact that she promised us a personalized ceremony that would showcase our personalities and our dynamic--and she delivered. People actually thought that she knew us... Read More personally, which was what I wanted. Deb was so professional, thorough and sweet throughout the process and did not hesitate to answer any of my questions or concerns. Thank you again for giving us such a special ceremony, we will cherish it forever!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Carrie R

Reverend Deb is absolutely wonderful! We were looking for a simple ceremony on the Long Beach Boardwalk. After reading all the great reviews about Rev Deb, I knew she would be perfect for us. I sent her a brief email and description of what we had in mind. She replied almost... Read More immediately! We had a few communications via email and a brief conversation on the phone. She really listens to what you want, and most importantly, she delivers. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. Though only meeting her in person for a quick fifteen minutes or so, I got a very warm, comforting, open and relaxed vibe from Reverend Deb. She gives great directions too, which I think we can all appreciate since (usually) it's our first time doing this. Lol. I really loved our ceremony, it was perfect, for us. I have no doubt whatsoever that she will deliver a ceremony that is perfect and meaningful and wonderfully tailored to each and every couple who chooses her for their big day. Highly recommend giving her a chance to show you how great she is! Thank you so much, Reverend Deb!!! You're the best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Anesha C

On August 18 2016, Rev. Deb gave us the most beautiful, sentimental ceremony any bride and groom could ask for! Her words were so heartfelt and she had wonderful reading and passages for us to choose from. We will always remember her and our emotional amazing day. Thank you... Read More Deb! You are wonderful

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kristin A

On June 12th 2016 Rev. Deb married us! And she was awesome !! She understood how we wanted our ceremony.. different & unique describing us along with a spiritual twist and with humor! And she nailed it!! We are thrilled we choose rev. Deb because honestly no one else could... Read More have done it Better! She was amazing ! I still have guests talking about our ceremony ! How much they loved it! I highly recommend Rev. Deb ! You will be so happy you choose her like we did! :-) !

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Terri C

RevDeb was truly the best choice we could have made when it came to selecting an officiant. We were married on Saturday 7.16.16 at an outdoor ceremony at EastWind. It was beautiful and it was hot. She understood our desire to include all the important parts of our relationship... Read More that eventually brought us to the day of our marriage and said it all in the most expeditiously manner possible. She is an absolute pleasure to deal with, very professional and possesses the most genuine and loving personality.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Barbara H

Love Rev. Deb Viola! What a pleasure to have had her perform our ceremony. We had a blended family religious ceremony; and I cannot express how beautiful it was. Rev deb also mentioned in prayer and had a moment of silence for my father in law and my grandmother who recently... Read More passed. It Meant a lot to us. I highly recommend her; she made my day so easy, and she was awesome.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

From the moment we met Reverend Deb, we knew she was the one to officiate at our wedding. We wanted a spiritual ceremony and she presented us with many options. Our guests raved about how lovely it was. She is such a warm and engaging person and she really got to know us and our... Read More story. It was a day we’ll never forget.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Jamie

Deb is personable, professional and most importantly SPEAKS SO EVERYONE CAN HEAR! What else can I say? She was in contact with us, did everything we asked, arrived early, spoke loudly, knew what she was doing, etc. etc. etc. I have zero complaints - only praises. I would... Read More recommend her to anybody.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Keelin k

We loved Reverand Deb!! We came to her a short notice after deciding our original officiant wasn't going to work out. She was so professional and personable. She made our whole ceremony so personalized, everyone keeps raving about it. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 jacqueline t

We were so honored to have Reverend Debra officiate at our wedding on 10/10/15. We met her 8 months earlier and we knew she was perfect! She is warm, friendly, intelligent and had great ideas for our ceremony! The day of our wedding our guests couldn't stop talking about the... Read More ceremony and neither could we! Rev. Deb did an amazing job! Look no further for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Rev Deb was raved about by our guests as "one of the best ceremonies" they have ever attended. From our initial meeting to our ceremonial end, Rev Deb provided us a sense of ease (and I was nervous). She assisted us in finding our perfect wedding venue, our photographer, and... Read More best of all gave us a copy of our ceremony as a gift to forever preserve the memory. Thank you Rev Deb for everything. Please consider ceremonies of the heart for your special day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My wife and I had Reverend Deb officiate our wedding on 10/9/2015. We met with Rev Deb after attending a previous wedding the year before where she was the officiant. Even before meeting her we knew she was the one we wanted officiating our ceremony. Her attention to detail and... Read More personal touches really made the ceremony ours. She was PERFECT! She fine-tuned our ceremony exactly to the way we wanted. Not even missing a beat while mentioning the things my wife and I love about each other, and even including some beautiful words about my father who is no longer with us. After the ceremony, while speaking to my family and friends, the first thing that everyone said to us was how much they LOVED the ceremony. It was everyone’s favorite part of our special day. If you’re looking for an officiant, look no further, Rev Deb Viola is the one for you! Deb even mailed our marriage license for us, and gave us a binder with our ceremony printed out so we can look back on the beautiful words she said about us. Thank you, from the bottoms of our hearts, Deb, for such a beautiful, amazing, and memorable ceremony that we can look back on for years and years to come!

Tom & Jackie

Reviewed on 5/27/2015

Rev Deb made our wedding personal and special. She guided us along the way and made things easy for us to decide. She spoke about us as we had been longtime friends. We didn't want anything to religious but still spiritual, she made that happen. Rev Deb was great!!!

Perfect ceremony!!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Allie M

Rev Deb is absolutely wonderful! So many people said to us after the ceremony how great it was. She really helped make it our own which was really important to us. We made lots of changes especially to our own vows right down to the last day and nothing was ever an issue. She... Read More was so easy to work with, it made the whole process really special. We HIGHLY recommend for your special day. THANK YOU CEREMONIES OF THE HEART!!!!

Ceremonies of The Heart

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Rev Deb Viola is a warm ,kind and supportive officiant. She made our ceremony very special with her inclusive, inviting personality and her wonderful sense of humor. We would not have wanted anyone else to marry us!

Great!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Christine G

Rev. Deb was a great choice for our wedding. Our ceremony was very personal and perfect. We got so many compliments on it. People loved that she included how we met into the ceremony. There was the perfect a amount of humor and mush, which was just what we wanted. We highly... Read More recommend!!! :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Jamie L

Ceremony was amazing! Rev deb did an amazing job!

Rev. Deb Viola takes charge

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Jodi T

Rev. Deb was very on top of everything. She worked well with Rabbi Frank. Deb took care of everything. She wrote out a great ceremony. Unfortunately, when asked to shorten a section and get back to us with it, she never got back to us with the final draft. It would have... Read More been nice to see it prior to the day of. There was one incident that rather upset me with the way the ceremony went. We asked for a ring warming. That was approved of by both of our officiants. However, we felt that Rev. Deb being a Reiki Master, would be the better one to lead that section. We felt that the energy she could provide would not only place the energy we were looking for into our rings, but the symbolism was appropriate. Our Rabbi was under the impression that that would be a section he would perform. We asked Rev. Deb numerous times to take care of the situation because we did not want to offend Rabbi Frank. Not once was it brought up to Rabbi Frank, and he ended up performing that section. And while the ceremony was beautiful, there was one more thing that bothered me about the way the ceremony was performed. The day of, she told us that if in our vows we did not state the following words, our marriage would not be legally binding. "I take ____ to be my lawful wife/husband from this moment to my last". While I do not object with the sentiment in this, I do object to being lied to about needing to add something to our already laid out vows. It is not the vows that make a marriage legally binding, it is when the signed certificate is sent to the state that does. But while I had these griefs with the behind the scenes, the ceremony went off without a hitch and everyone thought it was the sweetest ceremony and most original that anyone has seen. So the only people to know that there were issues were me and my husband.

2013-11-30T10:28:01 Response from the vendor

A note from Rev Deb. Thank you for taking the time to add a review and I am glad that you thought the ceremony was beautiful. I would like to clarify some of the questions you had. During the process of creating this particular ceremony... Read Less Read More