Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery

Kasota, MN

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Available for use throughout the year, the Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery in Kasota, Minnesota, is a winery right next to the Chankaska Creek. With acres of vineyards and rustic bridges that provide an elegant passageway to the forest, this venue combines natural landscaping with professionally designed party areas to create a romantic ambience throughout the winery. With a maximum of 250 guests, Chankaska Creek Ranch has five private areas for hosting a wedding ceremony or reception.

Chankaska Barrel Room is a smaller space with floor-to-ceiling wine barrels stacked around the room and burgundy drapery on the ceiling. Up to 75 people can fit into this space for a standing cocktail reception or 56 people for a seated dinner.

Chankaska Tasting Patio. Fitting up to 100 guests, the patio features beautiful views, a fire pit, stone patio and retaining wall. It is ideal for a reception area or cocktail hour.

Chankaska Creekside. Situated right next to the creek, this site has a 40-by-80-foot tent for a covered outdoor reception. A dance floor and plenty of outdoor space allows up to 250 guests to celebrate in this private area.

Chankaska Forest. Popular for wedding ceremonies, guests cross the Chankaska Creek using a wooden bridge that leads to an open-space ceremony and reception site. Surrounded by mature trees and well-manicured landscaping, this space fits between 200 and 250 guests.

Chankaska Field. Set apart from the rest of the winery, this private area is ideal for a wedding ceremony with a reception following. It offers spectacular views among the grapevines.

Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery provides a wedding planner to help couples on an individual basis. The venue provides the catering and the wine, although an outside vendor can bake the wedding cake. Costs can include the use of a provided sound system, chairs for the guests, setup and take-down of chairs.

More than one area can be rented to create a nice flow on the wedding day. Many couples enjoy getting married in the forest area and holding a reception at the creekside tent. Couples are encouraged to contact the venue directly to discuss needs for the wedding day.

As a fully operational winery, Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery provides a few perks for couples and wedding day guests.

• Take advantage of winery tours and tastings to experience the grounds and atmosphere
  • Rent the picnic area for a small lunch or get together before or after the wedding

The Perfect Pair. The Perfect Experience.

Surrounded by lush forest, babbling streams and 13 acres of photo ready vineyard, Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery is the perfect place for your special day! You have found the perfect one now all you need is the perfect destination! Let Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery be your perfect destination!

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Country Club, Garden, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

1179 E. Pearl Street, Kasota, MN (507) 931-0089

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Nancy W

Chankaska hosted our wedding on 7/30/16. What a spectacular setting for our special day. Throughout the planning process, Karen was our go-to-person. She did an amazing job helping us make our plans and ideas happen. We never felt like we were asking too much. Everything... Read More was possible from her perspective. What I really appreciated was that she worked closely with our florist, caterer and wedding planner. There were a lot of things that when on behind the planning scenes that we trusted with Karen to coordinate. Chankaska is a stunningly beautiful property and on our wedding day, it was in immaculate condition. My husband and I have always been so impressed by the care that the team at Chankaska does to keep the property and surroundings so well groomed. On the day of the wedding, the staff at Chankaska was so helpful and respectful of all that we had planned. They never missed a beat and were always there to help out. We used three venues - Forest, Court and Barrel Room and their staff did a great job of getting everything beautifully set up including a King's Table that sat 79 people. Our guest continue to rave about the wedding and the beautiful setting of the Chankaska winery. Choosing them for our wedding venue was the best decision we made.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lara K

The groom and I were on the fence as to whether we were going to go through with a big wedding or not. We stepped foot onto the property, had a glass of wine, met with Karen and the deal was sealed. The space is absolutely beautiful, the staff is helpful every step of the way,... Read More and the local MN wine is delicious. We moved out of state in the midst of the planning process, but Karen and Courtney helped to keep things on track and made sure I didn't miss anything. Their vendor recommendations are helpful, they said that they would not recommend anyone if they didn't think they did a great job, and this rang true with the vendors I encountered through them. The week before the wedding they had had some property damage from rain/high waters and Karen spoke with me multiple times about potential changes and options to think about. They were even going to figure out a new firepit option as their built-in one had flooded and they knew it was an important part to us. The day of came and everything went perfectly. Courtney ran a flawless set-up and event and checked in with me multiple times during the day. My guests have been raving about it all. I highly recommend Chankaska!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Kaitlin S

We had an amazing time at our wedding! Everything was beautiful and the staff was all very helpful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

We originally chose Chankaska because of its beautiful venue and amazing wine, however, we were pleasantly surprised by how helpful and supportive the staff was. Their events coordinator, Karen, was with us every step of the way providing direction and expertise on anything and... Read More everything. Choosing this venue was by far the best choice that we made!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Elizabeth V

The staff at Chankaska was kind and supportive throughout our entire event. We loved their different venues and their ability to work with us to make the setting and environment just as we imagined it. We loved all of the help and support of the staff and particularly enjoyed... Read More the wine! Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery was by far the best option for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

I am so happy my daughter chose Chankaska for her wedding venue. The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful and Karen and her staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend this Winery if you looking for your dream outdoor wedding.Denise S

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Shelby S

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was in the forest area and the weather held out and was perfect. The scenary was unlike anything I've ever seen. I would highly recommend this venue for an outdoor wedding. I cannot wait to see my pictures because I know they will be... Read More stunning with the vineyard in the background and blue skies. Definitely a great wedding site!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Dana C

To anyone who wants the most beautiful outdoor wedding with an indoor/tent option, this is the place! They have several beautifully taken care of outdoor options and the tent at the Creekside venue can be air-conditioned which was KEY on our wedding day this summer. Karen was... Read More very helpful and patient with all of my questions and requests before the wedding day. The only problem was there must have been some miscommunication between Karen and her assistant, Courtney on our wedding day. We had a guest book that required finger paints for thumbprints, and this had been discussed with Karen during a sit down meeting in the month prior. On the wedding day, this guest book was set up with the paints and Courtney was apparently unaware that the guest book had already been discussed with Karen. This caused some confusion and stress to the groom's mother but the situation turned out fine.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Chankaska was a great venue and a great company to work with. My wife and I utilized Chankaska for our Rehearsal Dinner and it was easily one of the highlights of our wedding weekend. Our initial meetings with the staff were very enjoyable, Karen and Courtney were easy to work... Read More with, and all charges and expectations were clear. On the night of the event, everything was set up perfectly, and the staff during the dinner were great to our guests making sure that everyone had drinks and food and that everyone was comfortable. Courtney was quick to answer questions and she ensured that everything was taken care of during the event. I would highly recommend Chankaska for any event. Our guests were also impressed with the Barrel Room, Wine, and service that Chankaska provided. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Nichole T

It was a great location and very beautiful grounds. It was sometimes very difficult, though, to work with Chankaska. Leading up the the day it seemed like there was problem after problem and it became very stressful for me. On the day of the reception everything went better... Read More than I thought. Everything turned out great, they did a very nice job putting everything together and the event went of smoothly until the end of the night. We paid for a golf cart 2 hours at the beginning and 2 hours at the end of the reception for our grandparents get up the hill to the parking lot.. At the end of the night I was having to tell them to give us the cart. One time they told me I couldn't use it because they were using it to clean up, even though I was paying for it. If they didn't have such beautiful grounds we would have went elsewhere because their customer service was not great!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Katie G

Chankaska was wonderful to work with. Karen helped us plan the wedding of our dreams in just three months. They were extremely helpful and willing to put together our non-traditional brunch wedding. Along with that, our guests enjoyed the day and the pictures turned out... Read More beautifully.