Chaplain Claudia Meyer, Creative Wedding Officiant

Capital District and beyond

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

Capital District and beyond (518) 339-6304

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Jennifer K

Claudia was very organized and professional. She helped guide us with our unique vision of our wedding ceremony. And we were specific and picky. She was also patient with us. We highly recommend Claudia

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Desiree G

While looking for a non-denominational chaplain for our wedding we came across Claudia. She had excellent reviews and when we first met with her it was very evident why. Claudia truly loves what she does and enjoys creating the perfect ceremony. She offered us many different... Read More ideas, options, and things we could do with our ceremony that we never even thought of doing. She customized the most amazing, heartfelt, and personalized ceremony we could have ever dreamt of. Many of our guests said that it was the most beautiful ceremony they have ever witnessed. It is very evident that Claudia puts in a large amount of time to make the ceremony script perfect. She was very helpful with the rehearsal dinner. She could sense that I was very nervous about the weather on the wedding day and offered her grandmother's rosary. She uses her grandmother's rosary to help keep the rain away for the ceremony if there is ever a chance of rain. She told me to hang it from a branch on a tree outside and that it has never failed her. We had a few showers that morning while getting ready and right before the ceremony the skies cleared and we had a beautiful, sunny ceremony- how AMAZING! Claudia went above and beyond any expectations we had. Her presence is very calming and she ensures that you are not stressed and are able to be in the moment and enjoy the whole process. Claudia is an amazing person inside and out and we are honored to have her has our Chaplain for our wedding. We cant even begin to thank her enough for everything!!! Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for an unforgettable ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lisa H

Claudia was a great officiant! She was very sweet and professional and made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Hillary D

Claudia was fantastic! She was incredibly easy to work with, matched the vibe that we were going for, and delivered an amazing, heartfelt and sincere ceremony. We received compliments from guests as well. We were lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kelsey J

We are so happy we found Claudia! We spoke to numerous officiants and no one seemed quite special enough. But Claudia's warm and loving spirit is perfect for celebrating love. It was important for the ceremony to reflect us as a couple, and Claudia allowed that to happen. We... Read More got so many compliments from our guests- some said it was the best ceremony they've ever been to! Claudia is easy-going and very professional. It was a joy to have her on our team. There was threat of rain and on the eve of our wedding and Claudia loaned me her Grandmother's rosary beads to hang out my window (an old tradition to stave off wedding-day rain). The rosary beads worked because the rain held off just in time for our reception inside! We highly recommend Claudia:)

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Imbi S

It was a pleasure working on our wedding ceremony with Claudia. My husband and I immediately felt connected to her after we first met! We knew some of the elements we wanted to include, Claudia talked us through other ideas and elements, explaining what they were but never... Read More pushing up to include anything in particular. After our ceremony, many of our family and friends commented on how beautiful and personal it was, and how sincere and warm Claudia was. Thank you Claudia, for helping us create the type of ceremony we wanted! We would recommend Claudia as a wedding officiant to other couples in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Sara P

Claudia was absolutely amazing. From the first meeting we had with her she made sure that my husband and I were comfortable and that we got everything we wanted.My husband and I knew we wanted a unique ceremony that combined our faiths in an interfaith ceremony and she did a... Read More wonderful job. She wrote our wedding ceremony and it was unique and was tailored to us. Everyone commented how wonderful our ceremony was. Claudia also provides you a copy of the ceremony so you always have it as a keepsake. She is highly recommended and is so passionate about all the ceremonies she puts together.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Jillian R

I am so glad that I picked Claudia to officiate our ceremony!! She is so nice and has such a positive energy. It's hard to explain, but I will try. She's very open and friendly, I could tell immediately that she's very good at public speaking. The way she speaks, her tone of... Read More voice, is energetic and happy. What we wanted, was a non-denominational ceremony that wasn't too long, and about our relationship. We met with her a couple times, she gave us lots of ideas and options. She helped us with email reminders and was really good with communication. We were slow to finalize our personal vows, but she gave us time. At the rehearsal, she was very thorough going through directions. I gave her the license and she brought it to the wedding, so I didn't have to worry about it. She mailed it to our town hall for us. She even sent us a physical copy of our ceremony, photocopy of the license and a cute note. The ceremony itself was perfect. I was nervous about writing my own vows, but she gave me a helpful guide for ideas. She proofread our vows to make sure they flowed and complimented each other. She used 2 quotes we picked and blended them well into the ceremony. I love the readings she added to it, it all fit together. The most important thing for me to mention, is that my ceremony was to be outside, but it started to storm the exact minute it was supposed to start. The ceremony was delayed half an hour, but we had to do it inside. The amazing thing about Claudia, was how she incorporated that into our ceremony without missing a beat. She had the sweetest things to say and add to it, about rain on your wedding day and even worked it into the quotes we picked. She just did it all right on the spot like that. It was perfect and everyone LOVED the ceremony. People keep telling me how much they loved Claudia and how she did a great job, that our ceremony was so touching and personal. I completely 100% agree! I totally recommend her!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017

We can not thank Claudia enough for making our wedding day special, personal, and fun! She listened and cared about what we wanted, took our ideas and performed magic - our day was absolutely perfect. She truly has a gift for officiating.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susanne and James C

Chaplain Claudia was more than an officiant! She was a coordinator, stress reliever, and a leading help in the whole process of the most important day of our lives! She met with us 2 times in the process of planning, in addition to the rehearsal, and encouraged individual... Read More ideas to incorporate into our ceremony. On the day of our wedding, there were "big" things that went wrong with our music plans, but she smoothed out the rough edges, made us even more aware that the reason we were there was for our love for each other, and it all worked out better than we could have planned! It was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Cassandra R

Claudia was amazing! She is professional and polite. She knows what she is doing. She thought of everything for us. She made everything so easy! She took care of all of the legal stuff, and we got our marriage license so fast. The ceremony went off without a hitch. She really... Read More got to know us, and was invested in our wedding. She genuinely wanted it to go well. She may have even shed a tear at the ceremony? :) We just all-around loved her, and so did our wedding party and parents. Thank you Claudia!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Katie P

Heartfelt thanks to Claudia who recently performed such a thoughtful and special wedding ceremony for my daughter and new son in law. Due to a recently diagnosed serious illness , we needed to put a wedding together in a week. Claudia was so calming, kind and compassionate. She... Read More delivered an awesome ceremony! It was truly a celebration of this wonderful couple's love and commitment to each other as they begin their journey into this challenging situation that life has thrust on them. Claudia is truly an awesome person and an excellent officiant! So happy we found her!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kristin D

Absolutely wonderful. Claudia was the first and only officiant we had met with, it only took one meeting to convince us. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ronny V

My husband and I are not fluent in vows or storytelling. We were having a hard time wording our vows, not knowing where to start. We met with Claudia at Panera one afternoon and little did we know, she was creating our vows and an amazing story. In September we received the... Read More draft of our wedding vows and we got lost in the story, our story. After 20 years we had never truly heard our story until Claudia told it. Our story includes grandchildren at the small age of 1 and adults who act like they are 1, which we love all of them, and Claudia accommodated everyone that was a part of our special day. We couldn't thank her enough for everything and for bringing us together after a long 20 years.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Alicia B

Claudia was extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with. She was very flexible and a perfect fit for our ceremony. Claudia made our elopement stress free and made our day extremely memorable.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jaclyn W

Claudia was absolutely wonderful! She made us feel comfortable with the entire process and truly allowed us a lot of opportunity to make the ceremony unique to us! She was flexible and always available. Certainly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Angela O

Loved working with chaplain Claudia! She was fantastic, professional, personable, affordable and overall just a joy to work with! We were lucky enough to find her 4 weeks before our wedding and she wrote an awesome script and did a phenomenal job with the ceremony. She even... Read More helped with our wedding rehearsal which took a lot of stress off of me! Do not hesitate to book her you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Ashlee F

Just wow! We met Chaplain Claudia at a bridal show and we are so glad we did. She was incredibly organized and thorough. Our ceremony was unique, so lovely and unforgettable and we have her to thank for it. She met with us twice to get to know us and to plan, attended our... Read More rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and joined us at our reception. She went far above and beyond what we could have hoped for. I can't wait to suggest her to friends and families for their officiant needs. Not only did we get the #1 best officiant but I really feel like we gained a friend!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Katie M

Hands down, Chaplain Claudia was more than I have ever even imagined. She was the absolute perfect person to marry my husband and I this past January. Claudia was recommended to me by a Chaplain I work close with at Saratoga Hospital. He had fallen ill the day before my wedding... Read More ceremony and was unable to be there. He recommended Claudia and I could not have asked for anyone better! She blew my expectations out of the water. She made me feel cool, calm, and collected at a time when I was beyond stressed out! Kind soul, lovely person. Thank you for everything! You will not be disappointed!