Charming Charleston Weddings by Rev Will

Charleston, SC and destinations

Serving the Charleston, SC area and destinations

Are you ready for the wedding of your dreams? Your Ceremony is the heart of your Wedding and your Wedding Minister or Officiant is the heart of your Ceremony.  You want everything to be perfect  -- just as you envision it.  That's what Rev Will is all about.  It's a mission and a profession. In just 10 years Rev Will has performed more than 750 wedding ceremonies across the globe. With your active input he'll create and perform your wedding with joy and engagement and a great sense of humor.  More than 200 couples attest to his work with 5-Star Reviews on The Knot and Wedding Wire. At RevWill.com you'll be able to eMail Rev Will directly to set a plan to bring your dream wedding ceremony to life!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

2235 Ashley Crossing Drive, Charleston, SC Charleston, SC and destinations (843) 576-4193

Beautiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 1/29/2014 Joy R

Rev Will did such a fantastic job with our ceremony. We are a mixed faith couple, so it was important to us to blend both Christian and Jewish traditions. He helped us create the perfect ceremony, and both sides of our family loved it. Rev Will is the best!

Rev. Will Made Our Day Special

Reviewed on 8/06/2011 Julie S

Rev. Will was amazing from the very first moment. He quickly responded to our inquiry, set up a call to discuss our wedding and met with us in person to customize our plans. He quickly responded to our email questions and was a great person to have celebrate our wedding... Read More ceremony. We highly recommend him!

Thank you Rev Will!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Angela L

Rev Will did an amazing job at our wedding in NYC last month. Working with him was so easy, simple and enjoyable. We felt a great connection with him when we first met and knew right off the bat that we wanted him to perform our ceremony. He had lots of great material we were... Read More able to pick from which was very well organized and helped us customize things as necessary. My husband and I wanted a non-religious ceremony that was still meaningful and Rev Will delivered just that. He was very helpful in answering any questions and provided us with some great suggestions. We would recommend Rev Will in a heartbeat. Thank you Rev Will for making our wedding a day we'll cherish and remember forever.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Nicole P

Will officiated our wedding on 9/26/2015 and boy was our ceremony a hit. Our guests continue to comment on how unique and special our ceremony was and we have Reverend Will Mercer to thank for that. Not only was he professional throughout the whole process, but he made us feel... Read More as though we were loved, cared about and that our wedding was going to be as magical as we imagined. He was patient, as we made many changes to our ceremony and he took the time to speak with us numerous times, over the phone and email in regards to our expectations. We knew after our first meeting with Reverend Mercer that we were in great hands and September 26th proved it!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Alyssa N

Rev. Will was great! He quickly responded to our inquiry, met with us to discuss our wedding and get to know us as a couple. He quickly responded to our email questions and was a great person to have celebrate our wedding ceremony. Our ceremony was short, sweet and personal! We... Read More highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Valerie R

My husband and I received so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding ceremony was - and it was all due to Rev. Will! From the start, Rev. Will was super responsive and when we met in person I was so happy that he truly seemed interested in getting to know us as a couple.... Read More He walked us through the whole processional and made recommendations because we really didn't know much about how it was supposed to work. He was really patient and we didn't feel rushed, which was a breath of fresh air compared to some other vendors you meet. He sent our ceremony script (along with suggested readings) way ahead of time and worked with us to tweak parts of it. He also encouraged us to include a story about our relationship, which made it more personal. During the ceremony, he read beautifully (loud and clear) and offered great marriage advice. Overall, he was professional, kind and caring. I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015

Reverend Will really listened and tailored a beautiful wedding ceremony for us, which was perfect for the occasion, and very heartfelt! We received many compliments from family and friends about the ceremony, and Rev. Will's role in it. We highly recommend him to anyone... Read More looking for an officiant for their celebration.

Everything we could've hoped for.

Reviewed on 3/04/2015

My Wife and I won a sweepstakes and was given our dream wedding. Luckily Rev. Will was apart of our package. The ceremony he created was perfect. Once we read it we know that it was it. Did not have to change a thing. He was kind, understanding, and the best person for the job.... Read More We are so blessed to be afforded such an amazing opportunity as well as an amazing Reverend.

Warm and Professional Officiant

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Rachel M

It was truly a pleasure to work with Reverend Will as our wedding officiant. He was easy to contact when we had questions leading up to the wedding, and he was knowledgeable about ceremony and vow options. On the day of our wedding, he was a calm presence, helping us to enjoy... Read More and appreciate the moment. I particularly liked his words about love at the end of the ceremony, which allowed us to have a moment to reflect before we were swept up by the rest of the evening. In addition to being an outstanding officiant, Rev. Will was kind enough to stay late after our ceremony because I had forgotten the marriage license. He was willing to wait for a friend of mine to retrieve it so that we were able to have it signed with witnesses that evening. He was understanding and flexible about the delay! Throughout the evening friends and family commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. They said that it felt very real and natural, and so they assumed that we had known Rev. Will longer than we in fact had. Everyone, including us, was incredibly impressed with his work!

Wonderful personalized ceremony

Reviewed on 12/29/2014

We contacted Rev Will at relatively short notice yet despite this we were still able to to talk through our wishes for our wedding in good time, even going as far as to meet us in person. Following our initial meeting, he maintained regular contact to ensure he was preparing the... Read More ceremony as we wished, guiding us through the process clearly. The wedding day itself went off without a hitch, with Rev Will's calm and professional nature ensuring that we were comfortable and relaxed throughout. We highly recommend Rev Will and thank him again for his services.

Harlem Divine

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Dina M

From the very first meeting with Rev Will we knew he was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We had a lovely chat and were impressed with his professionalism. He provided guidance and together we came up with an outline for our ceremony that would please both my catholic... Read More parents and my husband's non-religious family. He sent us a detailed script almost immediately after signing the contract. He also gave us vendor recommendations and wedding planning advice. On the wedding day, he arrived early and provided us with beautiful Lenox unity candles. Despite delays, chaos and disorganization caused by lack of direction by the venue managers, Rev Will remained calm and put us all at ease. Once the ceremony began, all of the stress we were feeling earlier went away. It was a very beautiful ceremony and I received many compliments from our friends and family. I highly recommend Rev Will and can't thank him enough for making our wedding day so special.

Rev Will was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Lindsay C

Rev Will did such an amazing job on our ceremony. We live in Texas and found him online. Planning a wedding from another state can be stressful to say the least. However, Rev Will put our worries at ease. We were able to meet him a couple of months before, and he went above and... Read More beyond what was necessary. We thought we were just going to grab some coffee and discuss the details, but he spent over two hours with us showing us around Central Park helping us pick our perfect venue. If that wasn't enough, he brought us to several restaurants to give us suggestions for our reception dinner. It is without hesitation, that we recommend Rev Will. He will forever be apart of our special day! Thank you! Cindy and Lindsay

Rev. Will was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Sarah R

Rev. Will married my husband and I on September 20th, in a Catholic and Jewish interfaith ceremony. He was able to take both of our cultural needs and combine them into a seamless and beautiful ceremony. All of our guests commented on how perfect and beautiful our ceremony was,... Read More which we can not thank Rev Will for enough. The ceremony fit our personality perfectly, which made it very clear he doesn't treat the ceremony as cookie cutter. After our first meeting with him, it was clear he was the best Officient in NYC, and we are so happy we worked with him! - Sarah & Kyle Karrenbauer

Loved him!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jaclyn S

I got married 2 weeks ago and Reverend Will was our officiant. My husband and I could not be happier with the ceremony bc of him!!!! We are both Catholic and decided to not get marry in a church but instead outside at our venue which was upsetting to our families and were... Read More searching for the perfect person to perform our ceremony and make us as well as our families happy. He did just that!!! He added a personal story about us too which everyone loved and we got so many compliments afterwards about how beautiful and perfect our ceremony was!!! If you are looking for an officiant look no further bc Reverend Will is extremely personable, sweet, professional and we just loved him and soo happy we used him for such an important moment in our lives!!!!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Muffin M

Rev Will was perfect. He met with us right away and worked with us quickly for our fast approaching wedding ceremony (we were married just three months after our engagement so everything was rush, rush!). My husband and I felt comfortable with him immediately. We loved... Read More hearing about his professional background and he just made sense to us. He asked all of the right questions and put us on the right track as far as what we needed to do and when we needed to do it. He wrote a beautiful ceremony for us and worked with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything for the ceremony went smoothly. We had a daytime wedding in DUMBO Brooklyn near Jane's Carousel and Rev Will had experience with weddings in the park so that really put our minds at ease as far as how it would all come together the day of. We loved having him marry us and we highly recommend him. Thank you Rev Will!!

Great ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Jiaxin W

My husband and I met Reverend Will Mercer on three separate occasions - interview, civil ceremony, and our wedding ceremony. We decided him as our officiant because he was highly recommended and we were comfortable with his personality. He was accommodating to our needs, such as... Read More working with us on location and time for our civil ceremony and rehearsal for wedding ceremony. Will also vetted out personal story and our personal vows; that was comforting to ensure that they flowed well during the ceremony. We are very happy to recommend Will for any of our friends' or family's wedding.

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 LiAnn C

My husband is Catholic and I am not. We wanted a non-denominational ceremony and still include God. The ceremony Reverend Will came up for us was perfect. He certainly has a way with words and his presence is profoundly calming. We sort of had no idea what we wanted in the... Read More beginning, but he gave us options and direction. He asked us to send him a personal story for him to share. We had sent one of how we met. Two weeks before the wedding, my husband needed an open surgery for appendicitis. Up until a few days before our big day, I didn't even know if it was going to happen. I ended up asking Reverend Will to change the personal story to the one we were currently in. It fit in with the rest of the ceremony seamlessly. Rev. Will showed up right on time and spoke with some of the wedding party while I was still trying to figure out how to get into my dress. Then, we began our ceremony 20 minutes later than originally planned because our banquet manager suggested we wait for more to come. Reverend Will was very flexible and waited patiently with us. The ceremony turned out to be more beautiful than I ever imagined. It's notably obvious that Reverend Will has had a lot of experience officiating weddings and is very willing to work with any couple to exceed their expectations.

Ceremony Officiant

Reviewed on 8/02/2014

Reverend Will was everything we could have asked for and more as our wedding officiant. When we first met him he was thorough, professional and most of all he listened to what we were looking for in our wedding. Not enough could be said about his demeanor. Calm, confident and... Read More well spoken. He was gentle but confident in guiding the couple, the wedding party and the parents through the ceremony. We're very very happy and glad we chose to have reverend Will officiate our big day!

Rev Will - A Terrific Job!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

My partner and I were married by Rev Will on our terrace with a small group of close friends and our dogs. We first met him when he performed the marriage ceremony for our friends last year in Washington Square Park. He did a terrific job then and once again did not disappoint... Read More when he performed our ceremony. His good humor and thoughtful comments were the perfect approach for us, and we were both truly moved during the ceremony. I would recommend Rev Will without any hesitation whatsoever, he is a kind person who performs all variety of ceremonies making all who participate comfortable and relaxed. Thank you Reverend Will!

Rev Will made our ceremony perfect!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Charissa C

Rev. Will did an incredible job with our wedding ceremony. We both felt that it was easy to connect with him the first time we met; he put together a ceremony which was touching and personalized which everyone enjoyed. His personality brings calm confidence with just the right... Read More amount of light humor which put everyone at ease. He was extremely well organized and gave plenty of helpful advice for the ceremony arrangements, down to chair placement and musicians. We are so happy that we found Rev Will and highly recommend him!

Mrs. Miller

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Caroline K

Reverend Will Mercer, performed our wedding ceremony. While I was so nervous that most of was quite the blur, he was wonderful! Everything ran smoothly, the ceremony was concise and to the point. He did everything we asked. Our guests are still commenting on how much they liked... Read More him!

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Jessica M

Reverend Will is the absolute best. He helped us to make the most unique, personal wedding ceremony that let our personalities shine through. He was extremely easy to work with; he met with us late at night to plan our ceremony, he responded to our questions immediately, and he... Read More was flexible with our adjustments and changes to the wedding day plans. Everyone has been raving about what an amazing ceremony we had and we owe so much of that to Reverend Will. He is fantastic. Thank you, Reverend Will, for making our day so unforgettable.

A Beautiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 6/18/2014

70 Days before our wedding, we decided to fire our priest. I got Reverend Will's name through another friend and contacted him immediately. His response time was fast, and we met with him a few days later. From the moment we met him, we knew he was our guy! He was friendly,... Read More FLEXIBLE, very organized and willing to do our ceremony the way WE wanted. After dealing with a priest for 4 months and seeing a strict, inflexible way of doing things, Reverend Will was a breath of fresh air! He came up with a unique and personalized ceremony for us, which he emailed to us a few days after our 1st meeting. He had great suggestions for different things we could do for our interfaith wedding, and wasn't offended if we opted not to do certain things. We had everything in writing and could tweak whatever we wanted. He was very laid back during the entire process, but at the same time, he was on top of everything. It was so nice knowing that we didn't have to worry about him or the ceremony, so that we could focus on the other aspects of wedding planning. What he gave us, was a ceremony that completely reflected my husband ( a Catholic) and myself ( not religious) perfectly. Both sides of our family were thrilled with how it turned out, and I received multiple compliments during the reception about how touching and sweet our ceremony was! I would highly recommend Reverend Will! He showed up early, was SO calm and organized, and did a great job! I'm so glad that our priest option didn't work out and that we were able to find Reverend Will! He was the perfect man for the job!

A Wonderful Officiant!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014

From our first meeting with Rev. Will in the local coffee shop to the conclusion of our ceremony, we found him to be professional and accepting of our input. Rev Will tailored our ceremony and his presentation to our wishes and did so while remaining genuine and... Read More enthusiastic. On the day of our wedding, we very much appreciated his early arrival and his ability to communicate clearly to all involved about timing and placement. Our ceremony was held in a historic chapel and Reverend Will seemed at ease in traditional robes while reading from the Book of Common Prayer. We expect our ceremony might have been more formal than a Central Park Ceremony and Reverend Will’s confident officiating added an elegant and authentic touch. We highly recommend him!

Rev. Will is great!

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Stacy W

Rev. Will clearly officiates a lot of weddings. He was very responsive to emails and questions. He gives you samples of weddings to look over and see what you like or don't like. You can personalize it anyway you want too. He was just awesome! He came early to the venue to... Read More do a quick run through with the party

Rev Will Mercer

Rev Dr C William Mercer is an ordained New Thought (Practical Christianity) minister and author. For ten years prior to his move to Charleston Rev Will co-ministered a Divine Science Church in New York City's Harlem neighborhood. Rev Will also created a prolific wedding ministry in NYC, performing more than 850 weddings since 2008. Now he brings that same drive and determination to Charleston, South Carolina where he trusts that many more happy couples will enjoy his participation in arguably the the biggest event of their lives -- their wedding ceremony.