Book Your Wedding with Chateau at Coindre Hall

A BALLROOM IN HUNTINGTON, NY

History and elegance come together at the Chateau at Coindre Hall. The property features an 80,000 square foot medieval-style mansion that has 40 rooms, a circular stairway, six fireplaces and an indoor courtyard. The bold architecture provides various opportunities for elegant photographs.

While some wedding and reception venues confine you to one spot, you’ll be able to use multiple rooms at Chateau at Coindre Hall. Consider holding the ceremony on the front lawn, surrounded by lush gardens. Then, move to the brick terrace or main foyer for a cocktail hour and finish with a meal and dancing in the Grand Ballroom.

Outdoor ceremonies and indoor receptions both hold up to 200 guests while indoor ceremonies accommodate up to 160 guests. Outdoor receptions aren’t available.

You’ll have access to an experienced wedding planner when you hold your wedding or reception at the Chateau at Coindre Hall. The planner has a list of approved vendors who help with everything from invitations to live music. Choose from a four or five-hour reception complete with unlimited premium liquors, butlered hors d’oeuvres, food stations and entrees such as roasted loin of pork and cheddar crusted cod. These and other dishes have a French style with an American flair.

The venue also offers an off-season complete wedding package. The package includes a DJ, photographer, custom wedding cake, limousine and flowers; it is available from November until March. You can set up for your event three hours before it starts; all events must end by 1 a.m. There is a guest minimum for weekend receptions. The minimum for Friday and Sunday is 125 while you must have at least 150 guests in attendance for Saturday receptions.

Due to the unique layout of the mansion, you might have to put the music in one room, while your guests are in another. This typically only happens for events that are close to maximum capacity.

As a National Historic Landmark, the Chateau at Coindre Hall is attractive to history buffs. Everyone in your party can explore the venue during the wedding and reception so they’ll get their fill of history during your event. Best of all, they won’t have to worry about running into another wedding or reception while they explore since the venue only hosts one wedding at a time.

Also, the Chateau at Coindre Hall is within walking distance of the beach. Stroll down to the beach for additional photos or to enjoy some recreation after the ceremony.

The Chateau Coindre Hall

The newly renovated Chateau Coindre Hall provides a truly unique setting for your special occasion. Overlooking Huntington Harbor, with expansive grounds on site, and beaches in walking distance, the photo opportunities are endless. A part of Suffolk County Parks, this is truly an ideal destination for weddings.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

101 Browns Rd, Huntington, NY (631) 751-0339

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Amy M

My husband had our wedding reception at Coindre Hall on July 8th. To say our reception was perfect is a huge understatement! It was incredible. The hall looked beautiful. John and his team decorated with all the pictures we had given him. The food and service were incredible.... Read More The drinks were perfect. We had about 150 guests and no one was ever waiting for a drink. My guests danced the entire time. John Schelnke is wonderful!! So helpful and knowledgeable. I wish we could do it all again so we could re-live it. If you want a unique wedding venue that isn't like all the other cookie-cutter venues, than this is for you!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Mona L

We just had our wedding at Coindre hall on Nov. 18 and I have to say John is the man! When you email him with questions, he always answer within a day. We had an unusual request to hang my husband's deer mounts, he happily accepted the challenge and place 2 deer mounts at the... Read More hall. We also made a place card table setting and he was so accommodating to us because we kept running late and he actually waited for us to set that up on Friday night. During the wedding day, he keep checking on us and make sure we eat and have enough time for our guests as we changed clothes 3 times. I'm not sure if it's the most difficult wedding he had, but we would recommend Coindre Hall in a heart beat. Our guests told us all the servers were very attentive and the food was AMAZING! The Chateau Briand was so tasty and the Long Island duck was good as well. My husband loved the salmon. Plenty of drinks without any wait. It was raining that day, so we end up having the wedding indoor, but we really wanted to do the sparklers. John helped us set it up at the end when the rain stopped. Overall, it was a magical night. Thank you John and your wonderful stuffs for all your help.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Mark R

My daughter's dream came true on October 22nd, when we had her wedding at Coindre Hall. In the beginning of the planning, John helped us by knowing which Lessing properties would work the best for her wedding. He than guided us many times that helped make the wedding a True "... Read More Once upon a time in a Enchanted Forest" wedding. The atmosphere and the Food was incredible. John and his staff, were the best, helping all of the guest all of the time. I have never found any other venue on Long Island with the excellent service we received! I will tell anyone, "If you want a really true experience, go to Coindre Hall and make sure you ask for John.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Mark R

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Traci b

We loved our wedding at Coindre Hall- it was everything we imagined it would be and better. The Chateau is simply beautiful- a beautiful old mansion- and it feels like your very own, since they only have one event at a time. The setting is perfect for photos, the ceremony, and... Read More of course the reception. I had been at events at The Three Village Inn- which is the same chef and catering service and knew the food would be excellent, and we were not disappointed. All of our guests commented on the beauty of the Chateau and how amazing the food was- and there was so much of it. We liked how many choices there were when we were planning the menu and how easy and helpful the staff made things. The maitre'd and staff were flawless. It was a perfect event.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kristen V

I am thrilled with how our wedding went at Coindre Hall! Our guests cannot stop raving about how gorgeous and unique the venue is. Everyone we worked with since day one of booking, to our payments at Lessings leading up to the wedding and the maitre d leading up to and the day... Read More of (including the servers) were such a pleasure to work with, they all really enjoy what they do and want to make your day as perfect as possible! I 100% recommend Coindre Hall as a Wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Danielle P

I do not have enough words to describe how magical the setting of Coindre Hall is. It was the only venue my husband and I looked at it. From the moment we had our first meeting, the staff their, Kate and John made us feel special and welcome. To start, if you want an outdoor... Read More wedding on Long Island, this is the place to do it. It does not need ANYTHING. The tree that you get married under and the surrounding area is beautiful. Many of venues have what feel like fake settings, but this was quite and beautiful. From there, the cocktail hours is huge, with an amazing selection of food and enough seats for over 100 people. Your guest get to walk all around the venue, from the atrium garden, to the second floor and seats on the front deck. Then, the introduction - everyone standing and gathered in the ballroom made it so special. The energy that was felt in that room cannot be matched. By having the dancing in a separate area made everyone want to get up and dance! And the older people loved that they could sit and hear each other talk. There are so many amazing places for photos as well. John - the maitre d - is like no other person I have ever met. He was EVERYWHERE, organized, calm and just on top of everything. He made everything run perfect, gave invaluable feedback and we completely trusted him. If you don't book your wedding here, you are missing out on the most one of a the best venues on Long Island. Catering halls are all the same, this place knocks it out of the park.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jeffrey F

Everything about Coindre Hall was amazing! Our guests raved about the outstanding food and service! The staff was extremely pleasant to work with and always went the extra mile for us. We love our entire experience with this venue! Can not say another good things about... Read More Coindre Hall! We got married 10/20/17.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Virginia L

Where do I begin. To say John at Coindre Hall was a true joy to work with is an understatement. I work within the wedding industry & have seen quite a bit in regard to service & ambiance; I have to say my husband and I were blown away at the level of service & the main course... Read More presentation AND flavor! All of our guests raved about the food & loved the venue! We got married on 9/22/2017 and chose to have a daytime reception. One minor concern that we had was that our guests wouldn't know where to mingle, due to the unique layout of Coindre Hall. This should have never been a concern...our guests loved finding their own space within the venue to mingle & catch up with family & friends. It was exactly what we were looking for; a venue that feels like home, with all the same warmth & hospitality! Coindre Hall is a great venue for all ages; our nieces & cousins had a great time exploring the space. They enjoyed themselves just as much as our older guests! Another simple but meaningful touch we requested to have was a to-go coffee station as our guests were leaving. John and his staff went above & beyond throughout the entire day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us celebrate our big day & making it such a laid back & fun atmosphere. We truly appreciate all of the attention & time the team at Coindre Hall spent making our wedding dreams come true! God Bless, Virginia & William Lee

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Laura G

By far one of the best days of my life. Coindre Hall is timeless and the staff and catering were amazing. John was so helpful and all the staff at Mirabella was phenomenal. Growing up on this town I wanted to revisit to experience my special day and I wouldn't have changed one... Read More thing. Perfection.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Liza F

I had an AMAZING wedding. John and his team are incredibly attentive to every detail and aspect of the wedding! Each waiter greeted my husband and I. I really felt like they were there to please us and not just there to be working. my guests were amazed at how beautiful the... Read More venue was and how well put together all of the details were!!! The food was amazing and plentiful!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katelyn C

I attended my friends wedding last October and never knew I could leave a review as a guest! What an amazing experience for such an amazing couple. Down to every detail Coindre Hall was absolute perfection. Our dinner came out hot and perfectly cooked, the staff was... Read More accommodating and the venue was stunning. It truly goes down as one of the best weddings I've ever attended.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Emma R

I could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding. Coindre Hall was so much more unique and had much more character & history than many of the other "wedding factories" we had toured. One of our favorite parts was that you are the only event of the day. They're... Read More not hosting other weddings or functions that day and the sole focus is on your event. John was absolutely fantastic. He was always prompt and helpful when answering emails leading up to the day of our wedding. The day of, he was always present throughout the night and kept everything flowing wonderfully. Many guests commented that the night flowed so perfectly and there was a perfect amount of time for each part: from the cocktail hour to dinner to dancing. I loved the space for our ceremony as well! Beautiful lawn out front and we were married underneath a big tree (great for lots of shade for guests). The food was AMAZING and there was so much of it!! We got many compliments on how perfectly everything was cooked and how it tasted. More than ten guests also said how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. It was the perfect place!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Laura V

I can't say enough how happy I am that we choose Coindre Hall for our big day. The staff made planning a wedding easy and painless with great recommended vendors and an excellent package for our fall wedding. John was so helpful the day of and the food and drinks were delicious!... Read More The building is beautiful and the pictures turned out great!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kim L

I had my wedding just two days ago and I couldnt wait to write this. The place is just gorgeous and the wedding turned out exactly how I had planned. My biggest thanks is to John, the matre d. He was so responsive to my emails throughout the whole process. He also has many... Read More years of experience and he was so helpful and professional. I planned the whole wedding myself so I felt very grateful to have someone like him that I could trust. On the wedding day of, he ran around and made sure everything was placed correctly, guests were entertained, and it really gave me a peace of mind. I didnt have to worry much on my wedding day other than my vow. I love the venue. Coindre Hall reminds me of our vacation in Colmar, France. It has history, uniqueness, and a cozy feel. The guests were absolutely in love with the place. I didnt put in a photo booth, because why take pictures with fake background when you have a gorgeous castle like this one. Second, we picked this place because the venue only serves one wedding a day and we had the flexibility to time the wedding. Most of my guests have kids, so we wanted to come early and leave early. Most importantly, the venue has a huge parking lot next door, which makes it so convenient. We also had the ceremony outside the lawn. It was so quiet and romantic. We didnt even need a mic to speak our vows. During reading the vows, we had half the guests crying : ) Going into the wedding planning process, I had a mindset that not everything will turn out the way it will go but I did make a few very good decisions that made the wedding as smooth as it was. And one of them was definitely picking this venue.  Brides, if you are planning a wedding, please remember to have a open mind. Thats definitely helped me so much and things will work out in return. Happy Planning.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Sarah S

Coindre hall made all our dreams come true. We went to a wedding there when we first started datum and knew right there if we ever tied the knot Coindre would be the spot. John the maitre d is amazing. The food was the best wedding food a lot of us have ever had. I can't believe... Read More how fast the night went and how flawless it was. I hope others get married here because it'll be the best decision you make.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Justine

John, (maitree'd at Coindre) We don't know where to begin... We had the most amazing wedding. Thank you so much for everything!!! Our guests kept saying how the wedding was an absolute blast...how it was the best wedding they've been to... We are so appreciative of... Read More everything you've done to help make our wedding the incredible memory that it was! Everyone was saying how you and the staff could not do enough for everyone. There really were nothing but compliments coming out of all our guests. This was by far the most amazing day and we have to thank you for that! We hope to work with you again in the future. Thank you again for absolutely everything...we can't find the right words to express just how perfect everything was! So appreciative!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Talon R

Not being biased because it was my wedding but this was literally the smoothest wedding I have ever attended! John and his team were absolutely amazing. I came with a lot of decorations and they put together my vision perfectly. The food was amazing! My guests and my bridal... Read More party loved the flow and different experience of the space. It did not feel like a run of the mill wedding, my guest said it was being apart of something special. I wish i could get married again, or someone i know gets married here so i can go back again.

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Elizabeth W

I cannot say enough good things about this venue and especially about John Schlenke, the Maitre'D. We had our wedding ceremony and reception here this past Halloween. Coindre hall was THE PERFECT venue for us. It was like having a lavish house party. Since we had a Halloween... Read More wedding, there were a lot of weird requests from us, from our friends... (we had zombies, "a love demon", set off a fire alarm... overall it was a crazy wedding!) and John was very helpful and patient through out the madness. John was very attentive, always answering our questions and going out of his way to ease our minds when we were uncertain about something. He even took the time to bring me a plate of food during cocktail hour and make me eat (I would have never done it on my own, I was so overwhelmed). Overall John and his team went above and beyond for us, the venue was amazing and we could not be more grateful!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Kimberly S

We had our ceremony and reception at Coindre Hall on 9/5/15. First of all, John (the Maitre d') is AMAZING! He is the nicest guy and loves weddings and Coindre Hall. He truly wants your wedding day to be perfect and works so hard to ensure that it is. He worked closely with... Read More us during the 1.5 years leading up to our wedding. I emailed him countless times and he was always so prompt to respond and very patient and helpful. He helps make all of your dreams/ideas come true. John was so great on our wedding day. He was so organized and had every moment planned so that we didn't have to worry about anything. He worked very well with our other vendors and ensured that everything went smoothly. I really can't say enough about how wonderful John is! The weather on our wedding day was absolutely perfect and the front lawn was beautiful for the ceremony. Coindre Hall is a perfect wedding venue! It is unique, stunning and has so much charm. I loved having different areas for each part of the wedding: outside for the ceremony, the cocktail hour rooms, the dining room and the ballroom. This allows people to explore this beautiful building and not be stuck in one room all night, yet it still feels very intimate. There is only one wedding per day, so you get the venue all to yourself. I used the bridal suite to get ready with my bridesmaids. My husband and I did our "first look" in the courtyard. It was the perfect setting and our photos and video look amazing. There are so many great photo opportunities at Coindre Hall. Our photographer was able to get so many great shots. The reception was so much fun! The staff is amazing and worked so hard throughout the night. The catering is provided by Three Village Inn and the food was so delicious. Our guests loved the food and no one went hungry. There is so much food between the cocktail hour, dinner and dessert. I could go on and on about how great this venue is. Every guest said it was the best venue and wedding they have ever been to. I highly recommend Coindre Hall!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Maria L

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Coindre Hall on October 25 and wanted to thank John Schlenke and the rest of the staff at Coindre Hall for making our dream come true. The venue itself is unique and absolutely gorgeous, which is exactly what we wanted - not your... Read More cookie cutter Long Island wedding hall, but an actual landmark with beautiful views of the harbor in the back. Our guests appreciated the venue too and many commented on what a beautiful choice of venue we made. But most importantly, we would like to praise our maitre'd, John, for his hard work and patience in making sure all our wishes were accommodated and making our big day run smoothly. From our first meeting, John assured us we were in good hands and he delivered on his promise. He listened to our requests, took notes and turned them into reality. Even though we had a lot of non traditional ideas for our wedding and were very particular about details, he didn't discourage us or try to force his vision on us but rather did everything he could to make it happen the way we wanted it, and it paid off - we ended up having a great party and best memories! John was responsive to our emails and calls from the moment we booked until the day of the wedding and was flexible about last minute guest list and seat assignment changes, which we really appreciated. The food was fantastic as well and we've got a number of compliments from our guests about the food.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Brittany F

Chateau at Coindre Hall’s charm is, in short, magical. From the moment you drive up to its secluded setting you feel like you are transformed back in time. The dynamics of the venue offer a wedding event like no other as guests are greeted with champagne and allowed to roam the... Read More grounds uninhibited. There is such an intimacy to the place that you’ll feel as though it truly is yours. The soul of it though, in my personal experience, was John, our event coordinator. To say John is diligent is an understatement – he knows his venue inside and out. My husband and I found John to be such a calming presence, from the first time we met him, until the day of our wedding. He created a beautiful ambiance, catered to our every need (without us even having to ask) and commanded his staff to make sure that each and every guest was attended to. The combination of the venue and its service is invaluable and I strongly recommend it for your wedding!

Chateau at Coindre Hall a fabulous venue

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Thank you John for all your help in making my son and daughter-in-law's wedding an absolutely fantastic event. I cannot say enough about the venue, food and staff. Chef Guy is to be commended for the outstanding selection of foods to choose from for both the cocktail hour and... Read More dinner. George made sure everything in the dining room went smoothly throughout the evening. The hardworking staff prepared all rooms and the outdoor ceremony exactly as the couple requested with the personal touches they brought in. And then there is John. A more patient and accommodating person you will not find to guide you through the planning process. Every detail was attended to without having to ask and done so in a calm and willing manner. If I could make any suggestion as to the venue itself, it would be to eventually update the downstairs restrooms. In short, The Chateau at Coindre Hall is a hidden gem that should be considered by every couple looking for a unique wedding. The ability to have the entire mansion for the evening, using the different rooms for cocktails, dancing or simply to explore is an experience that should not be missed. Kathy S October 23, 2015 wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kathleen G

I was married here on August 1, 2015 and it was an amazing evening. John and his staff made sure that we had everything that we needed throughout the night. I am still hearing about how fabulous the food and atmosphere was at Coindre Hall. Throughout the night we had dancing... Read More for people who wanted to dance, and those who wanted to hang out and talk were able to do that too. Additionally, the hall and grounds are absolutely stunning. This is an amazing place to get married!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Natasha L

This venue is absolutely magical! The timelessness and elegance of the chateau was everything we were looking for. John and his staff are true professionals. They made us feel as if we were owners of the mansion for the night. The food was delicious and they offered a variety of... Read More menu options. They are constantly updating their menu and we were able to customize everything to our liking, including last minute changes when we tried something new at one of their showcases. The perfectly kept grounds were perfect for pictures prior to cocktail hour. This venue is unique as the dinning room is separate from the dance floor. This turned out to be beneficial for our large sized party to dance the night away. The spacious venue allowed guests to walk freely and explore the chateau. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for their fairytale wedding!

Meet The Director of Sales

Katelyn Clasper

With over 12 years of experience in the industry Katelyn has loved hospitality every step of the way. As the Catering Sales Manager for The Chateau at Coindre Hall and Three Village Inn she takes pride in her position and works hard to provide newly engaged couples with the tools to make the right decision in choosing their wedding venue.