Chateau at Coindre Hall

Huntington, NY

The Chateau Coindre Hall

The newly renovated Chateau Coindre Hall provides a truly unique setting for your special occasion. Overlooking Huntington Harbor, with expansive grounds on site, and beaches in walking distance, the photo opportunities are endless. This is truly an ideal destination for weddings.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

101 Browns Rd, Huntington, NY

Beautiful venu

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Christine C

The castle and the grounds are beautiful and the staff is great. We have some amazing outdoor and indoor pictures! There is a harbor down the hill in the back of the castle (you could also drive on the side road to get there if you wanted to take pictures by the water, which is... Read More what we did). Also, I couldn't have asked for a better maitre'd (John): from the very beginning when we planned out all the details and schedule of the reception, to the day of the wedding, everything was all about ensuring that we were well-taken care of and that the night ran as smoothly as possible! I will always be grateful!

2014-08-21T23:32:40 Response from caitlin, the member

how was the room? in pictures it looks like the room is set up in a different way. what kind of shape is it? thanks! congrats on your wedding

Coindre Hall Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Christina B

We cannot say enough positive things about Coindre Hall. It is elegance and class on every level. We had only 100 people at the reception, and thus it was a very intimate party (but definitely with room to comfortably fit more tables). Our guests loved the unique layout of... Read More Coindre. They LOVED that the reception in was in one room, and the dancing was in an adjoining room. People who wanted to party and dance could do so on the dance floor, and those who wished to talk really liked that they could have a conversation in the reception room without shouting. The food was excellent. Lessings does an outstanding job. Everything we had was hot, delicious and nicely presented. Cocktail hour was great in variety, quality and quantity, as is expected for a Long Island wedding. Dinner was great and well paced. (We chose the pesto shrimp with lobster risotto, duck, and chateaubriand, with butternut squash ravioli for the appetizer) The wedding cake from Black Forest Bakery in Lindenhurst was also great. We had alternating layers – one with chocolate cake and cannoli/black cherry filling, and yellow cake with cappuccino mousse filling. Both awesome. We also had a small groom’s cake with chocolate cake and raspberry fruit & mousse filling – also excellent. Our wedding was at the end of November, and I was initially concerned that the pictures wouldn’t be as pretty because the flowers, lawn, etc would be gone/brown. I am thrilled with the way the pictures turned out. Although it was a little chilly, we braved the cold and took most of our pictures outside. The bare trees framing the water, the yellow leaves on the ground, and the gray skies all looked fantastic. There are equally lovely places inside for photos as well. Much of the credit for this review and the smoothness of the day must go to John Schlenke , the maître d’ (with shout-outs to the ladies in the Lessings office – Faith and Evelyn). John is a professional on every level, and went out of his way to make sure that everything was as perfect as possible for our wedding day. He was patient with all requests, prompt with answers to all emails, and thoughtful in the helpful suggestions that he made. From the moment we arrived after the church on our wedding day, John came out to greet us at the car like we were coming “home”. It made us feel great and was a fun way to start the day. He paced the whole day perfectly, everything flowed, and fortunately, there was nothing about the day that went wrong or that I would have changed. John treats Coindre Hall with the same respect and care that you would treat your own home, and this goes a long way in explaining why Coindre Hall is a classy venue for an elegant and fun Long Island Wedding.

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Amanda

The most elegant and perfect place for any wedding! Not your typical wedding factory. You are the only wedding for the entire day so it is all about you! The room layout worked perfectly and flowed beautifully. The wedding coordinator there was fabulous and handled everything... Read More we needed and more! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cool, vintage, unique and elegant wedding location.

2013-12-02T08:54:35 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that your wedding was as perfect as it could be at Coindre Hall! We try our very best to meet every brides expectations and to allow her, her new husband, and all of their guests the experience of a life time!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kathleen G

I was married here on August 1, 2015 and it was an amazing evening. John and his staff made sure that we had everything that we needed throughout the night. I am still hearing about how fabulous the food and atmosphere was at Coindre Hall. Throughout the night we had dancing... Read More for people who wanted to dance, and those who wanted to hang out and talk were able to do that too. Additionally, the hall and grounds are absolutely stunning. This is an amazing place to get married!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Natasha L

This venue is absolutely magical! The timelessness and elegance of the chateau was everything we were looking for. John and his staff are true professionals. They made us feel as if we were owners of the mansion for the night. The food was delicious and they offered a variety of... Read More menu options. They are constantly updating their menu and we were able to customize everything to our liking, including last minute changes when we tried something new at one of their showcases. The perfectly kept grounds were perfect for pictures prior to cocktail hour. This venue is unique as the dinning room is separate from the dance floor. This turned out to be beneficial for our large sized party to dance the night away. The spacious venue allowed guests to walk freely and explore the chateau. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for their fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Sara L

This venue is beautiful and full of charm. I fell in love with the space right away- it was the perfect place for our wedding. But even with the stunning architecture and delicious food, I have to say the real magic of this venue is Banquet Manager John Schlenke. From finding... Read More us the perfect arch for our ceremony to reassuring an allergic family member that there would be no trace of nuts anywhere, he went out of his way at every turn to help us get our day just right. He is kind, patient and incredibly good at his job. As an anxious bride, I really think it made all the difference that we picked a venue with such an amazing manager.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Liz B

I am so, so happy we found Coindre Hall when we started planning our wedding. From the moment we drove up the driveway and first saw the Chateau, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here. Getting married at Coindre Hall was like a fairytale. The grounds are absolutely... Read More breathtaking and we LOVED how the venue took place in different rooms - and how our guests had access to the whole mansion (inside and outside) throughout the night. We did not want to have our wedding in a typical one-room catering hall like most of the Long Island weddings. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and we can't imagine having it anywhere else other than Coindre Hall. John, the Catering Director and Maitre' D was amazing throughout the entire process. Kind, professional, flexible, and reliable... he was always there to answer all of our questions and accommodate to all of our requests. On the wedding day, I completely trusted him to oversee everything and he did an amazing job. To John and Lessings, thank you SO much for making our wedding a dream come true!

Absoultly Amazing

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Robynleigh M

John was amazing, he kept everything in order and on time, the place was beautiful, and they only do one wedding at a time, so the whole day is about you. the food was the best food I have ever had at a wedding, and as the bride and groom, we didn't have to choose what dinner... Read More we wanted to eat, we got them all. The whole staff was wonderful, very attentive, we never had to get up and get drinks and if we wanted something different all we had to do was ask. The whole day was amazing, I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding.

Unqualified Staff

Reviewed on 2/23/2015

Went to Sweet 16 at Coindre Hall and Lessing's catered the event. They broke a glass near serving bowls, then they used them anyway!!! My 5 year old ended up eating glass that was in her ice cream. Be careful because they hire unqualified staff. Been waiting to hear from... Read More insurance company for weeks now. My poor girl is scared to eat out now. Such a shame.

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Kristine K

When we looked at wedding venues, we knew the Coindre Hall was our perfect wedding site from the moment we pulled up! This historical site is absolutely stunning from exterior to every detail inside. The charming space is set back in a quiet residential area overlooking the... Read More harbor. We met with, our wedding coordinator John and knew right away he was someone we could really trust. He was extremely professional and mild mannered. The wedding planning process was through Lessings/Three Village Inn and also when very smooth, with all payments organized in advanced and easily processed. John took a lot of personal time and attention to helping us plan every detail of our day. He made suggestions for our perfect menu selections and saw that everything went just as we wished. Our wedding day even more that we expected, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests loved the beautiful ceremony, food, the bartenders and service. Some stating "it was that best wedding they'd ever been to". We wouldn't have changed a thing and the Coindre Hall will always be a special place in our hearts.

I was a princess and Coindre Hall was my castle

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Angie H

On March 23, 2013, I married my prince charming and Coindre Hall was the perfect castle. I had the wedding of my dreams. John was amazing. His knowledge and peaceful demeanor made it so easy to get through this exciting, yet very stressful process. The cake vendor that's part of... Read More the contract was a little rough around the edges but John and his team made up for that minor aggravation. Also, we were almost at capacity so the food service was a little slow moving. I had 160 guests. All and all, everyone had a blast. It's been as least 3 months and I still have guests telling me it was the best wedding they ever attended. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my dreams come true!

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Lisa B

The entire staff at Coindre Hall and the Lessing's Group were wonderful to work with! We were planning our wedding from California and they responded quickly to phone calls and emails and were very flexible with appointment times when we were in town. John exceeded our... Read More expectations for a maitre d! We were running slightly behind schedule and John was a great help in keeping the group focused and back on track. Having grown up on Long Island, we were looking for a unique venue that my husband and I had not been to before. In addition to that, it was very important to us that we were the only event going on at the venue that day. Not only did Coindre Hall meet all of those requirements, Coindre Hall was the final piece of the puzzle in completing our fairy tale wedding! We had our first look in the courtyard, our ceremony outside on the front lawn and we even got to take personal photos on the back lawn with the harbor in the background! And the best part about using the Lessing Group is not only do they have spectacular venues, the food is equally outstanding! They were flexible with our menu selections and even got sea bass for the groom (which was not on the menu)! Our package came with a wedding cake and after visiting with the bakery, we decided we didn't want to use them. John was very accommodating in letting us bring in a cake from a different bakery. No matter what we write in this review, it will never be sufficient in explaining how exceptionally satisfied we were with Coindre Hall. THANK YOU!

Dream wedding at Coindre Hall

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Michele M

I had my wedding here a little over two weeks ago. The staff did a great job and the banquet manager John was amazing. He was very quick responding to emails prior to our big day and he was willing to work with us to make our wedding very individualized. The mansion was... Read More also represented beautifully in the photos. Our guests have been raving about the food every since :)

TO Chateau at Coindre Hall