Free Chinaware and Tea Station only $500 Deposit

"Any job very well done that has been carried out by a person who is fully dedicated is always a source of inspiration." - My favorite quote by Carlos Ghosn I put my whole heart into every entrée I create, and I'm blessed to be surrounded by a staff as passionate and dedicated as me.

Cuisine

Cajun, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

8863 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin , TX (512) 401-2433

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 MaryKate P

I loved working with Chef Vi and her husband. They are such a good team, and I knew from the moment I met them (before even tasting the food) that I wanted to work with them. They made everything so easy for me from the tasting to the actual event. All I knew I wanted was... Read More shrimp and grits. They were able to put together a whole menu for me based off of this one requirement, and this requirement alone. I know they wish I had given them more input, but I was so tired of planning by then, that they had to pull and pry information out of me, and they never resented it. Like I said, it was easy. I had a few comments and requests on the food after the first tasting, and when I went back for the second, all of my requests had bee fulfilled. The food at the actual wedding was just as good. I know sometimes bulk cooking reduces quality, but not for Chef Vi. One of the most comments I received about the wedding from my guests was how wonderful the food was. And oh my goodness, was it wonderful. Chef Vi is a superb cook. Chef Vi also recommended to me the baker who did my cake (Sweeten Up Bake Shop). They are not pushy if you know what you want, but if you are me and you don't have any idea at all, they are full of wonderful suggestions. They also are able to come through in a pinch. When the linen company screwed up the order, they were able to get replacement linens in a color that would work with my theme, and it turned out wonderfully. Its a small thing, but on you're wedding day, even the little things are big things, and for me, that saved my reception. I am so thankful for being able to work with them.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Amanda T

It was a pleasure to work with Chef Vi! She helped me every step of the way, accommodating some of my guests who are gluten free, vegetarian, and needed a liquid diet due to mouth surgery. The food was wonderful and each and every server was helpful and kind. I definitely... Read More recommend the risotto balls, which our guests are still raving about!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Cristina H

Chef vi was amazing Very helpful The food and presentation was outstanding I highly recomemend her !;)))))

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Johanna A

Absolutely wonderful to work with! My food was amazing and had so many compliments! The servers were so good and attentive to my all my guest. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. Chef vi and her team did such an amazing job, I recommend everyone I know to her! Thank you... Read More for making my wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jennifer M

Working with Chef Vi was an interesting experience. We were coming in from across the country to have our wedding in Austin and we ran into various issues. Correspondence with Chef Vi's staff was an exercise in patience, it usually took days to get a response and several follow... Read More ups to get all our questions answered. Day of, we ran into some issues including, not having real glassware for our bar package (although our contract stated we would), not having champagne at the tables for toasts and not having the correct items at our dessert table. While somewhat disorganized, the food was great and working personally with Chef Vi was a pleasant experience.

2016-12-01T11:47:24 Response from the vendor

Hi, I'm really grateful for your feedback. Communication is part of our service and very important to me, therefore I will take back all communication to ensure all successful events. From now on all brides grooms will communicating only with me from beginning to end.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Katie E

Can't say enough about Chef Vi, Nikki and her crew for making our daughter's wedding day truly special. Went for a tasting and was amazed! My daughter had a couple of specific appetizer requests (mini chicken and waffles and macaroni and cheese bites). She did these... Read More spectacularly and 4 other appetizers as well. Everyone was asking when the next trays of Mac n cheese were going to circulate.. Hint hint My daughter also wanted to have a late night hotdog bar which was a huge hit. Chef Vi and her staff had a long night, but were smiles all night long! After pricing 2 other caterers, she provided A LOT for the money and were so easy to work with. Would recommend her to everyone. Thanks again Chef!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Rowan B

They were lovely. The food was delicious, and they worked hard to find options that fit within our budget without skimping on style and taste. We'd scheduled a couple of tastings, but walked out of Chef Vi's and cancelled the others because it was exactly what we were looking... Read More for. On the day of the wedding, they were on time and very professional. We took advantage of their cake service, and it was perfect. They were also able to make a lot of helpful recommendations and suggestions. We received tons of compliments on the food. They even offered to set aside a vegan option for one of our friends if necessary. I would definitely recommend them, and we may use them again if we need non-wedding catering!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

After lots of searching for the perfect caterer for my daughter's wedding...we struck it rich when we were introduced to Chef Vi & Dario. We met them at a tasting where our taste buds fell in love with her Chicken Parmesan. From there we had a private tasting, where we were... Read More blown away from the appetizer to the entrees. Who knew that bacon wrapped dill pickles would be so good?!?! The bad part of this entire event was having to select from the extensive menu what to serve, because it was all so delectable. (The salmon with lobster sauce was worth every penny.) With close to 300 in attendance, Chef Vi and her staff were able to professionally and seamlessly take us through a 4 hour event (from passed Hors d'oeuvres to an extensive buffet line and finally the cutting and passing of the cake). Everything tasted as though it was prepared for a party of 2. Not only were we pleased, but the guests at our wedding are still raving! If taste is a requirement for your next event...than Chef Vi is for you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Good food, easy to work with, very accommodating. Chef Vi and Dario were great to work with. They gave us two different tastings to accommodate our wishes. They listened to our request and were willing to make changes for us. We opted for a buffet style with servers at buffet... Read More table. The food was fresh, moist and plated very nicely. When planing we communicated by email and they were very quick to reply and provide information. The linen company was located near their cafe and we opted to have chef vi's deliver and return linen, which was a huge convenience. They have a good feel for how a wedding reception should progress and their timing and transition with hour-devours, dinner and reception was smooth. Dario was hands on during the reception and made sure everything was taken care of. They even helped us out with beverage service for wedding by providing dispensers and having staff refill with water, tea and lemonade we provided. The serving staff was excellent. I didn't have to concern myself with anything having to do with food service the whole evening. As mother of the bride that was priceless! Thank you Vi and Dario.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Blair B

Chef Vi, Dario, and staff were an absolute joy to work with and did an amazing job! From our first communication all the way to the big day they took care of us more than I could have ever hoped. During our tasting, Chef Vi impressed us not only with the delicious food but also... Read More with all of her suggestions and assistance planning out what we envisioned. Every communication moving forward was quick responses and even fun - you can't help but smile when talking with Dario! Shortly before the big day they even came up to our venue to go over final details and visually walk through what our set up would look like. They made everything so easy and every time I thought a request might be a problem they were always quick to reassure me not to worry as they took care of that already or was part of their service normally. On the big day, they were absolutely flawless with the service and food. We received so many compliments from our guests! Chef Vi's Catering is the complete package - awesome service, great pricing, and AMAZING food!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jacy B

Chef Vi is absolutely wonderful! She goes out of her way to communicate with you and provide the best experience for the couple. We had our tasting after hours to accommodate our work schedules. We actually had two because we wanted to taste more options since we couldnt decide.... Read More We used Chef Vi Catering for our wedding couples shower for brunch and all our 55 guest raved about the food. From french toast sticks, waffles, omelets and hashbrowns... everything was phenomenal. We hired them for our wedding and they have been amazing through this entire process. Her food is absolutely delicious, her prices are even better! If you are looking for an affordable, elegant and wonderful presentation, call Chef Vi! -Jacy

Cream of the crop!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

I truly give them 5 + stars because they deserve it. The food was AMAZING, I have never experienced a catering company to have such great quality of food. The whole staff was very professional and met every need for the event. There was never a moment where we were uncertain or... Read More needed to ask for something, everything was handled in a professional manner and execution was there every second. I highly recommend them, you will not regret it!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Lili G

AMAZING!!!! Chef Vi cater our small wedding in Marble Falls and worked perfect with our needs, the food was to die for. Everyone in our party was amazed by their steaks, and loved the appetizers, she worked with everyone's liking and it was total perfection! Their staff were... Read More also very friendly and professional, I recommend Chef Vi, she is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 LaCora W

Chef Vi did an amazing job for our wedding. My guest enjoyed every piece of food from the hor' d'oeuvres to the main dishes. Her prices are very reasonable, you get more with her than any other catering company. Everything was set up nicely and flowed smoothly. My guest are... Read More still talking about the food. If I have any other event I will be sure to contact her!

Best Catering Company

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Charity J

I met Chef Vi at a bridal extravaganza in Austin. I was so impressed by their professionalism and taste in food. They are so accommodating in everything and was such a pleasure to work with. There are many reasons that make this company a great catering company. They had a... Read More separate tasting for the entrees and appetizers. So that was pretty amazing in itself. On top of that, they were so helpful since we provided our own cups, beer, wine, napkins, drink sign, etc. We dropped everything off at their building and they brought it all to the venue, made sure it was cold, and set up before guests started to show up. Chef Vi catering really took care of everything and made sure that we had an amazing night. If that isn't good enough, they were willing to give up their food to make sure all of my guests were fed. We had an unexpected 20 guests show up to our wedding. My husband and I had already paid for 8 extra plates, but they gave up their plates to our guests. As for the money, I feel we got an amazing deal. The $3700 included all food (2 entree options, salad, roll) and appetizers (4 appetizer options + fruit trays) for 165 guests, bartenders for 5 hours, 3 bussers, ceramic plates, and sterling silver silverware. I could continue going on and on about this catering company. They just treat you like a family and want you to be happy. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! :)

The best caterer!

Reviewed on 3/08/2015 Jennifer L

I have used and will continue to use Chef Vi's catering for all of my catering needs. My guests are still raving about her food and asking when I will be having another event with her! Several of my guests even set up meetings with her right then and there because of how good... Read More the food was and how much of a better price she offers compared to other caterers. Her prices are so good that I booked her immediately and I don't even look around anymore for another caterer. If you don't at least call her for a quote then you are really missing out.

Our guests still rave about our food

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Vinnie L

We were completely delighted with our entire experience working with Chef Vi! Three months later we still hear our friends and family remark how the loved the food! Setting up the menu was fun (tastings!), the price was more than fair and we were able to customize our menu how... Read More we liked. Most importantly the day of went exceptionally smooth. I was told the bride and groom never get to eat but Chef Vi asked for our order ahead of time and brought our plates to our sweetheart table just as we sat down. I highly recommend the bacon chicken bacon. The wonton appetizer was also a huge hit.

Memorable Experience

Reviewed on 1/01/2015

I met Chef Vi at the Bridal Extravaganza. She had a beautiful display of edible arrangements and that’s what caught my attention. I scheduled a tasting with her and, it was a great experience from the start. Her knowledge of food was incredible, she is definitely an expert.... Read More I got to choose three entrees to taste. We end up choosing Chicken Piccata with Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables. We also had a cocktail hour (aji tuna crostini, crab cakes, caprese skewers and super cute mini potatoes and pickle wrapped in bacon for the boys!! She really went above and beyond on your Wedding day. The service was excellent the bartenders were Super Awesome, and the food was Absolutely Fabulous and Beautiful . Their uniforms were so elegant and they were tall white chef hats. The service and the wonderful tasty food made my special day, Extra special and memorable. Real Chef, is how I can really summarize Chef Vi, she now also caters to all our office luncheons and events.

Fine Dining

Reviewed on 12/26/2014

Our guests felt like they were at a five star fine dining restaurant, the food was beautiful(every single plate), and it tasted as good as it did at our food tasting. Everything was delivered exactly as planned by Chef Vi and us. The staff was on point from beginning to end. The... Read More communication during and prior to our wedding was absolutely incredible. Brides and Grooms don't choose anyone until you try them out. Seriously!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/26/2014

we couldn't be happier how things turned out on our special day. The food and service for fantastic. She responded to your emails in a timely manner. There was no pressure in choosing our menu imediately we were so indecisive(it was hard choosing everything was so delicious).... Read More The deposit was low and the payments were flexible. The servers were so experienced and the bartenders were AWESOME!!

Meet The Director of Catering

Chef Vi

Chef V obtained her education from the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Miami, Florida. However, her foundation came from her father’s traditional dishes from Spain and her mother’s exotic dishes from the Caribbean. With her French Culinary Education, along with her Spanish, and Caribbean influences Chef V has created a Fusion Cuisine Menu that will arouse your mind and senses. She have had an exciting culinary history as a Personal Chef, Manage Banquet Kitchen, and opened many restaurant as a Culinary Trainer for Darden Restaurants. She has excel and earned her respect in this field