Is this your business? claim it now

Chicago Vintage Weddings

Chicago, IL

Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1855 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL (312) 504-1478

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Sarah L

We hired Kate to rent our pretty candle holders and rent/design our sweets table. As a dessert freak, having an amazing sweets table was very important to me and I knew I needed to make it something special, something like I would have on my own table at home. Enter Kate -- she... Read More has such fun perspective and insight, I knew it would be just gorgeous and it was. When I originally went to go talk to her, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the look I was going for since so many vintage pieces are very "English Tea Party" and pastel colors. I had a winter wedding with lots of jewel tones and didn't know if I would find what I was looking for! But, Kate knew exactly what our winter wedding needed -- clear glass, mercury, wood, marble -- and it was absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Kate. You have a gift!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Tori T

We hired Kate for rentals and month-of coordination. She trekked all the way out to the tiny Illinois farm town where we were having our wedding TWICE in order to make our wedding day run like a charm. Not only does she have great taste in vintage china and beautiful wooden... Read More chairs, but she made the entire day fly by like a dream. The highest compliment I can give is that I never knew what was going on behind the scenes during my wedding day, because Kate was making everything run so smoothly and taking care of so many little (and big) things. Right after the ceremony, she showed up with two glasses of champagne for me and my husband, and later in the night, she wrangled our hilariously bad DJ into submission by getting him to FINALLY play the 90s throwback tunes we were requesting. You'll love her!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Anne P

We hired Kate and team for full wedding services and we rented their beautiful collection of items for wedding decor. We are so happy we made the decision to hire CVW from the very beginning of the wedding planning as it helped with budget planning and some important initial... Read More decisions. I was too swamped at work to be able to handle all the details of planning, and Kate made it very seamless and stress-free at the beginning to secure key vendors and locations. In particular, one of the vendors almost double-booked our date, but Kate worked with them to figure out the problem and behind the scenes she figured out a solution to ensure we got our venue. She did this without letting me know about the drama until she had a recommendation on a solution. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kate was always professional, extremely responsive, and handled my micro-managing really well (I couldn't let go out all the control!) During the wedding weekend, Kate had everything very well organized, kept me and family calm, executed on all the details, and made it a perfect day for us. I will never forget walking into the reception and thinking just how perfect and how "us" it looked. All of CVW's rentals perfectly captured our style and who we are. There is absolutely no way I could have pulled off such a perfect day without CVW. I would highly recommend working with CVW for full-planning and for rentals. Thanks again, Kate!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Katy M

I worked with Kate and CVW to plan our September 2016 wedding. Work keeps me busy and traveling several days per week, so I needed to turn to someone who could take the lead and help pull together a wedding event at a venue that required us to choose all of the vendors, plan... Read More every single decoration, etc. After coming across some beautiful posts on Facebook of weddings done by Chicago Vintage Weddings, I landed on the CVW website and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Kate (owner) I knew I had found the right person - Kate brings the best combination of organization, creativity, professionalism, and "good planning vibes" to the table. I ended up contracting with CVW to do creative services on day-of paper goods, floral, and some venue decorations, as well as day-of coordination - and could not be happier. As a bride who (hopefully!) gets married once, it's hard to know how things will turn out on your big day, or what the "best" choice is given the sea of options out there and the myriad of vendors - but Kate helped us navigate it all. I am not a typical bride who gets excited with wedding stuff...but I have to say with sincere gratitude and excitement that thanks to Kate, our wedding outcome was beyond expectation - we never could have created something as awesome and truly "us" as she did.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Alison M

We booked Chicago Vintage Weddings for rentals for our weddings. We loved working with Kate! She was so sweet, helpful, and prompt when replying to emails. From start to finish, Kate made this process so easy! We made many changes to our order, and not once did Kate feel like we... Read More were a bother. We really appreciated that! Her recommendations in completing our vision were spot on! Prices were fair and worked well within our budget. If we have another event, we would not hesitate to use Chicago Vintage Weddings again. Thanks for everything, Kate!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Jessica R

We booked Chicago Vintage Weddings as our day of coordinators for our wedding at Holy Name Cathedral/Marriott Mag Mile in June of last year. Kate and team were fantastic! Kate was easy to work with and made the wedding day much more stress-free than it would have been without... Read More CVW. Very glad we used them and would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Becca L

We used CVW for rentals and coordination. Kate and team was absolutely wonderful to work with. They really made our event amazing - so much so, that days after the wedding, family and friends texted and called to tell us how fun and amazing our wedding was. CVW made sure... Read More everything ran smoothly and really made our wedding plan come to life. They made it so we could enjoy our wedding rather than stress about the details of making it all come together. Hiring Kate and team was easily the best money we spent for our wedding.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Sarah K

We booked Kate as our day of coordinator for our wedding at the Palmer House on August 1st and she was by far the best decision we made throughout our planning! She was extremely easy to talk to and completely understood everything we wanted to do and was genuinely excited by... Read More all of our ideas! Kate was so good, she even gave us suggestions that were better than what we were originally thinking. We were always on the same page and she really helped my husband and I get and stay organized. She was incredibly professional from our first meeting to our last and even helped us organize a few surprises at our reception. I can't imagine working with anyone better! Thanks again Kate!