Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

343C Main St, Sandown, NH (603) 887-2253

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Jenny S

Cake looked beautiful and tasted great! The cake tasting was fun, and they explained the pros and cons of getting certain cakes depending on outdoors/indoors etc. Reasonably priced, included delivery and set up!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Meghan D

Yum!I Our cake was so beautiful and taste amazing! All our guests helped themselves to seconds just to try another flavor. The tasting was a wonderful to have because we were able to try all the cake options since you don't eat much cake on your wedding day. I can't wait to... Read More have the top of our cake on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Renee D

Our cake turned out beautiful! Everyone said the cake was delicious.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Shannon D

Chickadee made the perfect cake that matched our wedding them exactly! The cake was so beautiful! Working with the team at the bakery was seamless – they listened to all of our ideas and the cake came out perfect. The flavors that we had were so delicious – we had an apple spice... Read More flavor and a chocolate layer (for the groom!). The apple spice was perfect for our November wedding and felt like the perfect autumn day with real apples inside! The chocolate was just chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream but it was so flavorful. We only had a couple of bites during our ceremony but took some slices with us on our honeymoon. The cake was extremely moist for four days after the wedding! I’ve never had wedding cake that is so moist – usually wedding cake is dry and not very good. This cake was the best ever. I already told my family that when we are having a baby shower, I want them to get the cake from here!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Laura C

Best tasting wedding cake and by the most beautiful cake!!! It was exactly what we wanted and more, picture perfect. Our guests all loved it! Would highly recommend chickadee!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Lindsey B

My guests still talk about how amazing our cupcakes were. I cannot say enough good things about them. We had a fall themed wedding and they captured it perfectly. I already can't wait to get future cakes from them for birthdays!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Spencer L

The cake was moist and delicious! Many different flavors to choose from including my favorite, banana bread cake with ganache frosting. We had a rustic themed wedding and they hit the nail on the head. They were also able to add our personal touch to it by making candy... Read More sculptures of our 2 Springer Spaniels eating the cake! They were very reasonably priced for these sculptures that they came out fabulous. I had mentioned in an email how one of our dogs had two different colored third eyelids and they made sure he had that in the sculpture. The attention to detail was impeccable!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Brittany W

Shara and her staff created THE most beautiful wedding cake for us! I have never had wedding cake taste so good. We had one tasting, and it was with Chickadee Hill. After having their cake, we knew no other cake could even come close! Wedding cake is usually dry and spongey. Not... Read More theirs!! It is so dense and rich, it tastes like an old fashioned cake made by grandma herself. You will not be disappointed!! Their flavors?! Unreal... everyone LOVED our cake ... in fact, most had a slice of each because they couldn't decide which flavor they wanted!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lexie F

Amazing! The cake was so delicious and more beautiful than I ever could have pictures!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Cortney B

Phenomenal! My daughter's cake was absolutely gorgeous, her vision captured completely! Even the catering staff was impressed with the taste. Beyond being beautiful, the cake was to die for YUMMY! This is definitely the cake vendor for you if you are looking for perfection... Read More in both taste and visual beauty.b

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Rick S

One of the best cakes I have probably ever had. We selected the macchiato for our anniversary tier and second tier and the cookies and cream for the third tier. They were so easy to work with and very helpful with all of our questions about flowers, cake toppers, etc. Small... Read More little shop but big taste. Already thinking of a reason to order another cake!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Our cake from Chickadee Hill was gorgeous and delicious! We tasted their cake at a bridal show and instantly fell in love. Then after being bummed when I realized they weren't a vendor for the wedding package at my venue, I told the owner at the show and he said "actually, we... Read More just became a vendor there after one of their previous cake makers retired!" So I booked them the next day! We went into their cute little shop in Sandown for a private tasting and design meeting. We tasted about 15 different kinds of cake and then were shown examples of past cakes to help us get ideas for what we wanted. After giving her a basic idea of what we wanted, she drew up a design and showed us the exact ribbon she would use. I used silk flowers for the wedding and originally had told them I would gather up some extras after the bouquets and centerpieces were done and would mail them to be used on the cake. A couple weeks before the wedding I changed my mind since none of the leftovers really went together and asked them to just use fresh flowers, which they were happy to use. They asked if I wanted a specific type of flower and I didn't have a preference so they came up with some on their own that ended up being perfect. We did a three tier cake with two different flavors. The bottom tier was the butter vanilla cake with fresh berries and cream filling and vanilla buttercream. The top "anniversary" tier was this flavor, too (we didn't freeze - we ate it throughout the following week because it was too delicious to resist!). Then to shake it up a bit we did the middle tier as the apple spice cake with macintosh apple filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. It was the perfect mix between classic wedding and delicious, fresh flavors. They were extremely easy to work with and it took pretty much no effort on my end - they worked directly with the venue for head count and delivery. **Note - they can NOT guarantee a peanut free option! My ring bearer has a mild nut allergy and his mom made him brownies instead. They were very upfront about it though.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

I can't recommend Chickadee Hill Cakes enough! Shara is friendly, helpful, communicative, and above all, makes outstanding cakes. Our wedding cake was not only amazingly delicious, but wonderfully decorated and presented. I still have guests talking about the cake three months... Read More later!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kellie G

Chara at Chickadee Hill Cakes is the best! She is super nice to meet with and listened to our requests while offering awesome suggestions. We decided to go with cupcakes for our wedding, and she made the most beautiful cupcake display with subtle differences for the decoration... Read More of each flavor (our wedding colors were gold with berry tones, so lots of fresh berries and hints of gold flowers). Our personal cake on top was also gorgeous and just what we wanted. The cake itself was honestly to die for. My fiance and I were laughing at the tasting because we loved every single flavor. Everything was so fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness! Everything is so busy on the wedding day, but I seriously wanted to just sit for a moment and enjoy my slice of cake. The best part, of course, is how much our guests loved the cupcakes!. People were asking to take extras on the way out because they didn't want to have just one. I highly recommend Chickadee Hill!

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Lauren S

Well cake, whats not to love! Working with chickadee hill was amazing everything was seamless and easy and soo soo yummy!! We requested beautiful fresh flowers on the cake which blended so well to our flowers for the wedding at zorvino! The cake was birch inspired and fit... Read More perfectly! Our guests couldnt stop talking about the decadent and multiflavor options! Top notch all around! Thank you so much for a memorable cake for our big day on 6-11-16!!! Sincerely, Mr and Mrs Barry

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Susanna S

Hands down the best wedding cake I have ever had! I know this sounds biased because I'm the bride but I really believe this. We had a multi-tiered cake and it was designed exactly how I wanted it. We choose three different flavors: Oreo, spiced apple, and vanilla and berries. My... Read More favorite was the Oreo but they were all delicious. The cake was perfectly cooked and the icing was delicious.

Beautiful cakes

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Glenda M

Shara and her team provide the best cakes in the area! My husband and I are not fondant fans, although we like the look of it. Chickadee Hill provided the look with buttercream! We had three different flavors (pumpkin with chia butterflies filling, vanilla with berries &... Read More cream, and fudge with Oreo & cream filling), each one was most and delicious. Wonderful service at a great price.

Happily Ever After

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Melissa T

Our cake was SO phenomenally tasty! We also had two peacocks sculpted for our cake and they were gorgeous! We ended up needing to rent a cake stand and they were more than willing to accommodate with that as well! Chickadee Hill is a beautiful little shop with amazingly... Read More talented bakers & artists! We were so lucky to have found them and so happy we did! We're still enjoying our leftover cake because it was so amazing!

Wonderful bakery

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Stacey G

We used Chickadee Hill for our wedding cake and couldn't have been happier! We got married at a Vineyard and they created a gorgeous elegant cake with grapevines to fit our theme and incorporated our colors. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious as well. They have... Read More numerous options for flavors and fillings. I couldn't recommend Chickadee Hill enough for your special occasion cakes.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Breanna K

We got married 2 weekends ago and chickadee did our cupcake tower, which included a small cutting cake. We knew a year ago when we went to the tasting that we didn't need to look any further. The people were so amazing to work with and the flavors were delicious!!! We ended up... Read More choosing vanilla with berries, fudge with cookies and cream, and lemon with lemon curd. Our guests absolutely loved all the flavors and we got several compliments. On top of the taste, the presentation was perfect. The cupcakes were so classy looking and the shells and starfish they decorated with looked so real. We can't wait to order some more cupcakes on our anniversary! We would highly recommend chickadee hill if you want a stress free experience and delicious, beautiful cake!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Brittany W

We decided to go the cupcake route for our wedding and Chickadee Hill was one of two bakeries included in our package deal. We first tried their cakes at a venue tasting/vendor night and LOVED all their samples. We met with them in their quaint little shop in Sandown and got to... Read More try all their flavors all over again. We were allowed to pick up to 5 flavors of cupcakes but settled with 3 plus a different flavor for our ceremony cake. We HIGHLY recommend their butter vanilla cake with berries and cream filling, it is to die for! And the lemon cake with blueberry cream filling is also divine! We added sugar flowers in our wedding colors and they decorated the cupcake stand to match our theme. We also added a custom cake topper for a small fee. The cupcakes were a nice size - not too big since people tend to be pretty full by the time dessert comes around at weddings and a lot tends to get wasted. Everyone at our wedding loved them!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Megan H

I was very picky while hunting for a bakery to create cakes for our wedding in April of 2015. Since we decided to have several cakes (4, to be exact) and that they would be centerpieces, we really wanted them to be works of art. No offense to large bakeries, but they just pump... Read More out large volumes of baked goods and it shows in the craftsmanship. I found pictures of designs that we really liked on Pinterest, of course, and brought them to our tasting. They worked with us to make final decisions, provided suggestions, and even had us send them color swatches so that they could match the frosting exactly. The finished products were exactly what we'd asked for and they were just as delicious as they were beautiful. I would strongly encourage anyone who is planning a wedding or any other type of special occasion to hire Chickadee Hill Cakes to create you a masterpiece!

4/4/15 wedding

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Kristina W

Chickadee Hill was great to work with for our wedding day! Our cupcakes looked beautiful and tasted amazing! They were great to work with, and fix a great job communicating to us throughout. I would recommend them to everyone and anyone!

The Best Cakes in So. NH!

Reviewed on 12/20/2014 Danielle P

We chose cupcakes for our wedding dessert and they were absolutely delicious! We chose 5 different flavors and fillings for our cupcakes and each one was absolutely amazing. The staff at Chickadee Hill are so flexible, friendly and knowledgeable! I would recommend them to... Read More absolutely anyone for any event!

Delicious

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Haley S

Our wedding cake was provided as a part of our wedding package, but we got to choose between a few different vendors. Chickadee Hill was a stand out by far. The cake testing was amazing and we had a hard time choosing a few flavors out of the ten we tested. When our cake... Read More arrived at the venue, it was gorgeous and exactly as I had envisioned. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was delicious. We had so little cake left over at the end of the night, that I'm looking forward to ordering another cake from them on our anniversary :)