Your story. Told in timeless fashion.

At the heart of every wedding is the story of two people sharing a special day together. Do you want pictures of the flowers and cousins and centerpieces and cake? Of course. But beyond the production of the day, I strive to find the few hidden moments that capture your unique relationship and show the emotion of the day--the pictures that will take you right back to the moment during the years to come. Packages can be customized. Please call or email for current pricing.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Central Illinois and Beyond (309) 989-7412
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Jen S

Of all the vendors we worked with over the course of planning our wedding, Chris was BY FAR the best. He was so easy to work with, never pushy, never told us something wasn't possible, and always made sure to give us what we wanted. On top of all that, he is a really sweet guy... Read More and made us feel comfortable. Believe all the great reviews-I cannot recommend him enough.

2017-08-06T14:03:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Brittany C

I cannot say enough good things about Chris! We had engagement photos and our wedding photos done by him and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Chris was always very responsive to all of our questions and was flexible with everything. Our original engagement photo date had... Read More bad weather and he rescheduled to the following morning to accommodate us (we live in Detroit but had our engagement photos done and had our wedding in Kalamazoo). We did a ton of research on photographers and we are more than happy with Chris! Our engagement photos turned out amazing and our sneak peek of wedding photos was perfect!

2017-06-28T15:07:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Brittany! I had a great time with you and Dan and am so excited to share the rest of the pictures with you!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kara H

Wow is all I can say, we just got our photos back from our wedding and my husband and I can't stop looking at them!! We couldn't possibly be happier. Chris somehow captured every single detail from the WHOLE day. We loved reliving our wedding day (as you hear, it truly is such... Read More a blur while it's happening!), and remembering all of the details. Our favorite thing about our photos is all of the wonderful 'unposed' moments Chris captured. Of us, as well as our friends and family. I look through the pictures and my mind goes exactly back to that moment he captured, and I can't help but smile!! We will treasure these photos for the rest of our lives. We've gotten compliments from everyone who has seen them! Oh, and how have I not mentioned how wonderful Chris was to work with!! He was fun and so easy going, which is always appreciated on a hectic wedding day!! I couldn't recommend Chris enough to any bride and groom looking to get every perfect detail captured!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Angela L

"Your pictures are full of life!" That's our favorite comment on our wedding photos from our Feb. 2017 wedding in Battle Creek, MI. We live in Chicago and were concerned we wouldn't find the style/quality of photographer in a smaller market that you find in a larger city.... Read More We also wanted more photo-journalistic, capturing- the- moment style, and less of the classic/staged wedding photos. Everything about Chris and his assistant were wonderful: creative, kind, professional, helpful, patient, organized, and collaborative. Chris is very responsive too - from answering simple questions (and lots of them!) to working with us one-on-one after the wedding to design our album. Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with, worth every penny (get the extra hour - trust us!!) and went above /beyond to capture the best moments throughout our wedding celebration!! Our photos are simply stunning and everything we hoped they would be!! We are so happy/thankful to have found Chris McGuire Photography.

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Sarah V

Chris is an AMAZING photographer!! He creates images filled with clarity and beauty. As a bride, he listened to my requests and made my day stress free and wonderful! One word for our photo gallery: STUNNING. You will not find a more talented or kind hearted individual to... Read More share your Big Day with. Thank you does not begin to express the gratitude we feel as we look through our pictures. xoxo

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nell L

Chris was absolutely amazing to work with! We were planning a wedding from across the country- and he was great at catering to our time change for phone calls, and quick at responding to emails. I really wanted a photographer who would take control of the day, and Chris did just... Read More that. He really captured a lot of candid shots- which is what we wanted. Although we haven't gotten our final photos yet- from what I have seen I know they will be amazing and everything we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Laura L

If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day- hire Chris McGuire! He was amazing and professional to work with from the start. He was super helpful and gave me ideas during our phone conversations. I personally loved our portraits- his eye for what makes a... Read More great picture is spot on. My husband said "I hate taking pictures but I was impressed with his attitude and personality. He knew when we were getting burned out". And yes, as other reviews stated, the candid shots he gets are epic and will be some of your favorite pictures. Hire him- you will NOT be disappointed. He is an AMAZING photographer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Allison S

Chris played such a special part in our wedding. He’s truly a master in his craft. We connected with him after discovering that all of our favorite photos online from our venue were his from prior weddings. He was somehow able to catch those special moments you didn’t think... Read More anyone could capture! One of our favorite moments was about halfway through our ceremony where he came up and asked “need a quick break”? We went up to the roof of our venue just as the sun was setting and managed to capture some of our favorite photos of our wedding day. Chris also shot our engagement photos in Chicago - which also turned out AMAZING! We were pretty clueless on how to best pose and set up our shots. Chris helped guide us every step of the way and somehow managed to capture incredible moments from a couple who typically looks horribly awkward in posing photos. If you’re looking for a photographer who’s a real professional and incredibly kind and easy to work with, your search can stop here. We can’t thank Chris enough for his contribution to our wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melissa K

Chis did nothing short of an amazing job! My husband and I are both just over the moon with how well our pictures came out! I would highly recommend Chis for you wedding, I know he will make your day a little more stress free and amazing like he did for mine!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Katie A

The reviews speak for themselves: Chris is outstanding. From the beginning, he was extremely professional and great to work with. He was incredibly helpful, replied to messages very quickly, and then blew our minds away his his amazing skills in capturing precious moments on our... Read More wedding day. We were extremely pleased with everything, every step of the way. We cannot recommend Chris enough! You will not find a more professional, talented artist. Thanks for everything, Chris!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Gina D

We love all of the pictures that Chris took of us! We had engagement photos as well as wedding photos by him. He came to MSU for our engagement photos and Saugatuck for the wedding. He is very professional and responsive to communication in person as well as online. His style is... Read More candid focused - and because of that we have some great photos that we wouldn't have gotten from a more "posed" type of photographer. [We also have the classic wedding photos and family portraits]. He is easy going and fun to work with. On our wedding day I forgot he was there for most of the day which made it a relaxed atmosphere. We got a sneak peak of the photos within two weeks and got all of the pictures within 6 weeks. He does have photo services available where he can print photos, create photo memorabilia, and photo books. We chose to create our own photo book because I enjoy creating them myself. Overall he did an excellent job and I would recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Stephanie S

Chris was a pleasure to work with! He made both our engagement and wedding shoots fun and relaxing. Not to mention, the results of his work are AMAZING. Chris is a very talented photography and worth every penny. Schedule Chris for your wedding and you will definitely be glad... Read More you did!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lauren S

Chris was the most personable, friendly, & hard working person! He was absoultey great on our wedding :) He was punctual. We just received our photos from him and we are ecstatic! We LOVE our photos. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a non-potrait, interactive... Read More photographer. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Thank you Chris!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Diane H

Chris and team are very kind, patient and unassuming! Their photography is amazing, professional and fresh. We as parents are so grateful to look at these photos and relive the very special day in our families lives. Our son and his new bride chose well! We observed the hard... Read More work and many hours the team put in to capture a wedding. We never sensed impatience or being tired, they gave it their all. The pictures captured above and beyond what we expected. We are so impressed and thankful to have this treasure to reflect on for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Sarah M

Chris was so easy to work with right from the start. I felt entirely comfortable just leaving our wedding in his hands. The photos are truly beautiful and SO FUN. Chris captured all of the feelings beautifully and our families have been so happy flipping through the photos,... Read More crying, and laughing. He not only captured the beautiful moments, he also focused on the fun reception moments...facial expressions, dance moves, and an amazing way to capture the glowstick colors. My husband and I couldnt be happier.

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Kylee A

5 stars is not enough for Chris. He is amazing! By far the most beneficial thing Chris did for us, was have an hour long conversation the week before the wedding. It really helped us put together the final timeline of the entire day. It allowed him to know where to be and... Read More when. It also helped keep all of us on track. He knows what works and what doesn't. He was respectful of my ideas, while giving other options to consider. Chris is extremely professional and FAST! We had him on a VERY tight schedule and he ran around getting as many of the pictures as he could that I requested. There were only a few "fun" shots I had on my list we didn't get and that was only because we wanted to be done. He was ready to keep shooting! He has great ideas on locations in town and at our venue, since he seems to be everywhere! The candid photos he caught were just as amazing as the posed pics. If he didn't like a shot, we would try it again. Check out his website. The photos speak for themselves. I wanted to recreate a few of his AMAZING shots, and he was very open to the idea - they turned out great! It also lead to some new pose ideas, and I love those just as much. He was able to give us a preview of 5 photos the week after the wedding. The turnaroud was quick and photos were perfect. Overall, Chris captured EVERYTHING. You Rock!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

Chris is absolutely the best photographer! His photography is amazing! He seems to be everywhere all at once missing not a single special moment!! I can not recommend him highly enough. He is wonderful to work with as well. Because of his priceless photography, we will be... Read More able to continue to enjoy our family's special day for years to come.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kathy E

Chris was extremely easy to work with and very helpful throughout the whole process. We had him photograph our entire day and also used his photo station. We are very happy with the pictures from both!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 courtenay l

Chris did an amazing job! We had read an earlier review that said he was like a ninja because of his ability to be everywhere at all times and we couldn't agree more! The pictures show he was all over, yet he was completely non-obtrusive (which is exactly what we were hoping... Read More for!). He captured so many special moments and creative shots. We also felt he was very professional and easy to work with. We appreciate everything Chris, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We worked with Chris for our both our Engagement Session and Kalamazoo Wedding, at Loft 310. With Chris, you are guaranteed a very high quality of service and photographs. He has a proven track record and a ton of experience. Additionally, Chris is very low key and easy to work... Read More with. This is very important, especially on a day with when you have million other things to stress you out. If you think Chris's photography style is for you, stop thinking, just book him!

Adrienne

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Adrienne S

Chris is awesome!!! So attentive to emails in the wedding planning process and very flexible with what we wanted! He went above and beyond during our big day and his photos are remarkable. Highly recommend. Thanks so much, Chris!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Chris did an amazing job of capturing the special moments of our wedding. From a set-up and planning perspective, he was great to work with: clear, up-front pricing, flexible to meet via phone and in-person, and pleasant to interact with overall. From a work quality... Read More perspective, I couldn't he happier. I prefer the "organic moments" rather than posed portraits, which Chris delivered. From a work style perspective, Chris was flexible and accommodating. We asked to include a videographer on short notice, and Chris was able to work with her without issue. I'm very happy we chose to work with Chris and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Mandie R

Loved working with Chris. I did a lot of research and wanted someone who would be good at getting those candid shots (I am not a fan of posed pictures). I found Chris, and upon meeting him was so put at ease. He has a presence that really makes you feel comfortable, which I knew... Read More would translate to good pictures the day of the wedding. On the day of, I was super impressed by his work ethic. He was literally everywhere, snapping shots, all the while making people feel at ease. I think he really captured the vibe of our wedding, which was colorful, fun, and full of movement. Great job Chris - it's obvious you care about what you do!

Chris McGuire take STUNNING pictures

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie G

Chris McGuire Photography was one of the best investments for our wedding. When we first met with Chris he impressed us. He showed us samples of his work and samples of the albums. (His albums are gorgeous!!) Chris has so many great ideas on location in Kalamazoo if you’re... Read More looking for outdoor pictures. We wanted to have a variety of pictures so he recommended the Nature Center of Kalamazoo and he took gorgeous pictures of us there along with pictures at our ceremony/reception. He coordinated with the Nature Center to make sure the location was available. He is very organized and he called the week of to make sure he knew what pictures we wanted/timeline of events. Chris is so easy to work with. There was no pressure on us. He let us have our moments together and captured them perfectly. We got our pictures 6 weeks later with access to the website. He took so many amazing pictures that it is really hard to pick the top ones for our album. HIGHLY recommend Chris McGuire Photography. Extremely professional and as my title states STUNNING pictures.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jen H

Hire this guy :) One of the things (as a bride) you will realize after its all done is how many details, people, and moments you didn't get to enjoy quite as much as you would have liked. The day is packed & you can be on sensory overload. Looking through the pictures Chris took... Read More of our wedding was absolutely the best experience ever. I felt like I was reliving my own wedding & saw so many amazing moments that I had missed or just caught a glimpse of during the actual day. Chris does more than just take photos of the cake & the rings... he captured a million emotions from all of my guests. I could not be more pleased with his work! He was also incredibly helpful & flexible as we planned our wedding from out of state.

Chris McGuire

Thank you for considering me for your wedding. It's humbling that clients invite me into their lives on such an important day and that is a responsibility that I take seriously. I believe in stellar customer service from start to finish and making the best pictures possible for my clients without being intrusive (count the ninja references in my reviews!). My wife and I had our first date as high school freshman on the Spirit of Peoria. Today, we have four amazing boys together.