Gorgeous Modern Wedding Photography

Magazine-worthy wedding photojournalism made in a relaxed fashion. Easy-going, professional and guaranteed to amaze and delight. Voted Best of the Knot for six years! Contact us today - prime dates book quickly.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings

Bow2010
Bow2007

Tucson, AZ Southern Arizona (520) 904-7778

The best photographer in Tucson!

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 victoria b

When I walked out of my first meeting with Chris Richards I immediately called my husband (!) and told him I'd found our photographer. He was skeptical since Chris was the first photographer I met with, but once the three of us sat down together, he totally agreed: Chris is... Read More amazing. We ended up having two engagement photo session shoots, because my husband and I were a hot mess the first time, but Chris never made us feel bad about it -- instead, he was flexible and understanding. On the day of our wedding, Chris made everyone felt at ease and was amazing to work with. He even set up a computer so that our guests could see some of the photos from earlier in the day -- and the pictures were amazing! Everyone in the Tucson wedding industry knows Chris and loves him; over and over I heard that he's the best photographer in Tucson, and I'd have to agree! He is amazing and I kind of wish I had another huge event coming up so I could book him again, he's that good!

Chris Richards

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Susan B

The best photographer there is. Friendly, fun and has a fantastic eye for detail.

Fabulous photographs!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Heather L

Chris is amazingly talented, and we are so glad that we chose him as our photographer for our wedding day. He made us feel so at ease, just like he was one of our friends there for the big day. He captured all of our favorite moments, and by just looking at our photos, I'm... Read More brought back to our wedding day and I remember exactly how I felt. Guests at the wedding continued to comment to us how wonderful he was and how amazing the photographs were. We would highly recommend Chris to anyone needing a professional photographer. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Rosemary L

My wife and I first hired Chris to shoot our engagement photos. Within minutes of meeting him, he put us at ease with his laid back demeanor and friendliness. He has a great eye for framing shots and does an excellent job of making them seem organic while also paying thorough... Read More attention to detail. He captured not only our interpersonal dynamic but also the character and beauty of Tucson in his photos. We had such a great experience with Chris the first time that we enthusiastically hired him to take photos of our wedding. Again, we were so impressed with his work and thankful that he is such a master of his craft. We thought of Chris as a member of our wedding party and are honored to call him a friend. It is impossible to recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Katie V

I truly cannot begin to explain how absolutely wonderful working with Chris was from the intial meeting, the engagement photos, the big day and all the times in between. Chris was the first and only photographer we met with. I knew right then and there from his work, and how... Read More incredibly professional, kind, and the passion behind what he does that he was the person to capture the biggest day of our lives. Our engagement photo shoot was a blast with him. Chris made my husband and I laugh and extremely comfortable in front of the camera with him and not to mention the pictures turned out STUNNING. The big day was easy and smooth. Chris made sure he knew a head of time all of the pictures we personally wanted and then directed us through the whole shoot from there. I am not comfortable in front of the camera so it was a HUGE help to have in direct us the whole way through. Chris takes time to edit and go through all the details in pictures but still for our engagement pictures to us within a week! Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with, his work is nothing short of perfection, and he is truly a passionate photographer who genuinely wants the pictures he takes to tell the story of the biggest day of our life. I am beyond pleased with Chris Richards Photography.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Melinda S

My daughter and I interviewed several photographers for her wedding. Chris was the only person who interviewed Alyson to figure out who she and her fiancé are. Walking to our car after meeting with Chris, there was a unanimous excited "he's the one"!!! Chris took pictures... Read More that reflect their uniqueness. On the wedding day he was fun, spontaneous, calm, kept us on task and was so creative in his pictures. Many guests commented on how fun Chris is and how he made it easy to be photographed. He put everyone at ease and the pictures really reflected the fun of the day. I would highly recommend Chris to document any special event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer S

We met Chris Richards at a friend's wedding back in 2008 and were immediately drawn to his easy-going-yet-professional demeanor throughout the wedding. When we got engaged a year later, we immediately knew we wanted him to be our photographer as well, so he traveled to... Read More California from Arizona for our wedding weekend. He captured our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and the entire wedding day in a way I never would have dreamed. We still regularly look through our wedding album, and it brings us back to that day so vividly with not only the posed group shots, but also the candid, raw emotions of the day. Since our wedding in 2010, we have continued to hire Chris for more photos. When our daughter was born in 2012, he took gorgeous newborn pictures for us of not only our new addition, but also of us as a family of three. And starting that same year, we have set up yearly family photo sessions in fun and photogenic new places around Tucson. We are so lucky to have the confidence in knowing that we'll have amazing photos that will capture the real us, and that showcase who we are at this moment in time. I highly recommend Chris Richards as a photographer not just for weddings, but for any occasion that warrants a photographer. To have a reliable family photographer like him is really an honor, and we look forward to every photo session with him.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brie S

Chris is a fantastic photographer! He was so enjoyable through the entire process and great with all the family members in the wedding day. The pictures turned out better than we could have imagined. Hands down the best choice for your photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Grassia M

I will be the first to attest that Chris will do anything to get the perfect shot! My fiance planned a surprise engagement for me and he worked with Rackel Ghelsen to create a magical moment at Hacienda Del Sol. Chris was the photographer they chose to capture our amazing... Read More memory. While my fiance was proposing poor Chris had to hide behind bushes to take the pictures and keep the element of surprise. He took beautiful pictures that I love to share with my family and friends. Additionally Chris took our official engagement pictures and I get a lot of compliments on them. Chris will also be the photographer at our upcoming rehearsal dinner and wedding. I really love working with Chris he is fun and flexible with our schedule, plus he worked really well in photographing us with our puppies. Overall I would recommend Chris to anyone who wants beautiful pictures.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 James C

Chris was an excellent addition to our wedding. He went above and beyond just photographing our wedding, he made himself part of the family. He was funny, fun and entertaining. He made it a point to connect with our guests personally, which ultimately makes for better pictures.... Read More Sometimes it can feel odd or awkward to be in front of a camera but Chris's attitude and personality made it very easy to be one self in front of the lens. All of the photos came out so beautifully. We were so lucky to have Chris Richards as a part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Hilary W

My family has hired Chris many times to do photos, so when I got engaged there was no question in my mind who I wanted to work with. He is a master of the art of photography; a great technical photographer and he really captures the mood and the spirit of the moment. He's also... Read More just a genuine guy and a lot of fun to hang out and take photos. Chris was helpful in the planning of the timeline of my wedding day, letting us know how long we would need for photos and suggesting different timelines to make sure we got all the photos we wanted. He took the time to get to know myself and my husband, as well as the wedding party, to make sure that everyone was comfortable with him (key to good photos!). Something I love about Chris is that I feel that he has mastered the art of the candid photo, which allowed him to capture some amazing moments from our wedding day. I really can't (eloquently, haha) say enough good things about Chris Richards and his wedding photography. You will be missing out if you don't at least check him out for your big day!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Daren O

Chris is a total pro. He made our engagement photo session and wedding photography fun and easy. He made us look great in windy, outdoor conditions. All of the images are crisp, clear and are accented by amazing Tucson scenery and light. My wife and I felt comfortable with... Read More Chris from our first meetings, too.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Shahrzad K

Let me begin by saying I can't even find the words to express how grateful I am to have found Chris. He was the first person we called and we instantly knew he was the one. By choosing him, not only did I find the perfect photographer, I also found the perfect vendors for every... Read More aspect of my wedding with his guidance. I asked his opinion for a bakery, decor, florist, DJ, make up artist, and the venue itself. I went with every recommendation he made and I was 100% satisfied with every one. Planning a wedding is very difficult, especially with trying to find the perfect vendors. I got lucky to have found Chris first, as he made the rest easy by pointing me in the right direction. He completely exceeded my expectations and I was in tears when I saw the pictures he took; they were absolutely breathtaking. I loved every single one and I am one of the pickiest individuals when it comes to pictures. He captured every important moment of the night and he's my photographer for life!! Out of 5 stars I give him 10:).

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rachel L

Chris Richards is a top notch wedding photographer! He had done my brother in law's wedding and they had loved him, so as soon as I found out he was available for our date I booked him without even looking at others! We were so glad he included an engagement picture session in... Read More our package because he made us feel instantly comfortable during the session, which gave us one less stress to worry about on our wedding day! The day of the wedding he was awesome and fit in right along with the wedding party as we got ready, without being intrusive at all. We got the pictures from our big day back only a week later!! They were beautiful and captured our day perfectly! I would 100% recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Laura B

Chris was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. We met with Chris before hiring him, and we immediately clicked. He was very open to some suggestions we had for the engagement shoot and the results were beautiful. Both the engagement and wedding photos are... Read More so full of life and really capture the fun we had those days. Chris captured some funny little moments that are now funny/happy memories. (Like myself taking a swig from our best man's flask post ceremony-pre reception) At our wedding reception, people would gather in the foyer to look at the slideshow of photos Chris had taken from just hours (and sometimes minutes) before. It is fun to look back through our albums and photos to reminisce, and we are so thankful that we had Chris documenting the day.

Love! Love! Love!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

My husband Kevin and I worked with Chris for an engagement session and the wedding. I'm already thinking of opportunities for more photos in the future. We live in Austin, TX and we did most of our planning from a far. Chris we really easy to work with for scheduling and sharing... Read More ideas. For our engagement photos, Chris went the extra mile to capture my dream photo of us during a UofA tailgate. We trotted all around the campus learning how to take photos and having fun. Chris got two people that hate taking photos to look really good! He was so warm and welcoming. It can be a little awkward having your photo taken, but it never felt that way with Chris. We knew we hit the photographer jackpot once we saw the photos. Anyone that knows us well could see our engagement photos captured our personalities perfectly. For the wedding, we met Chris at his house and discussed our favorite photos from engagement session. This was really great to know what we both liked and disliked going into the wedding day. We also went through family photo list and "dream" photos. Chris was great at getting everyone (wedding party, family) on the same page for photos during the day. He was very patient working with the little kids (flower girl and ring bearer). Even when Kevin and I were worn out from all the photos and wanted to get to the reception, Chris kept his cool and got us through all of it. Chris had a second photographer to make sure all the moments of our special day were captured. It was really fun to see what happened during the cocktail hour, which we missed since we were taking bride/groom portrait. Another great item, was that Chris was able to edit some photos during dinner and set up a computer to display some of photos during the rest of the reception. Everyone that saw the photos couldn't stop talking about how great Chris was. And we agree! We just received our wedding photos last week and we couldn't be happier. Chris captured all the details and special moments you could wish for during your wedding. He takes his time and is very thorough. I would recommend Chris to anyone that asked. We can't thank him enough for capturing our special day in photos.

The Best Photographer in Southern Arizona!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Nona P

Chris Richards is by far the best wedding photographer in Southern Arizona! His talent captured the most important day of our lives and we are eternally thankful. We even wanted a photo of all our guests, in one photo, and Chris made it happen. Some guests made comments... Read More like "oh, it's not going to work", but I never doubted Chris' talent and sure enough ... we have a BEAUTIFUL photo of all of our guests (and you can see all their faces). If you want to capture your wedding with beautiful photos to enjoy forever - then Chris is your guy!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Chris took all the complication and worry out of the process! Worth every penny. Truly professional and kind. The photos were out of this world -- original, heart warming. He really know show to capture the inner beauty of everyone at the wedding. Not just my wife and I.... Read More Chris didn't miss a single special moment. With anyone. Like having a Pulitzer prize-winning photojournalist shoot your big day!

Incredible Photography/Incredible Person

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Chris Richards photographed our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. He is so attentive to details, great with our whole family and just an enjoyable person to be around. And then there are the photos... they were spectacular! I can't thank Chris enough for capturing... Read More our special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kimberly B

Chris Richards is the most talented, dedicated, personable, passionate, and genuine photographer I have ever met. His attitude, demeanor, and fun spirit complimented my fiance (now HUSBAND) and I perfectly. He made us comfortable during the engagement session which gave us so... Read More much ease on the big day. Our wedding party was rowdy, loud, over the top, and Chris only added to fun with his style and sense of humor. During the reception, he showed a few peaks of pictures from the ceremony and first glance. I was moved to tears at those initial images. Chris, you have an amazing gift. We are so grateful for you and we hope you know you are now our photographer for life! Thank you so much for everything. Kim and Dexter

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ashley B

Chris is absolutely amazing!! He is not only a pleasure to work with but creates wonderful photos. We are so happy and grateful to have found him, and now have beautiful treasured memories to last us a lifetime. I would highly recommend him and cannot thank him enough for... Read More contributing to our special day.

AMAZING PHOTOS!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Stefanie P

Chris Richards was recommended by my family friends (our florist!) and our venue. He is very nice and extremely friendly. Chris knows how to make you laugh to make your relax for the PERFECT photo. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! :) He would do everything to get that perfect angle and... Read More shot. We are happy we chose Chris as our photographer!!! :)

Fabulous Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Chris was the perfect photographer for our wedding. My husband and I decided that we were going to have a small and laid back wedding in my parents backyard. While I wanted a very casual wedding/reception, I also wanted to have wonderful pictures to always remember the day.... Read More Chris photographed my friends wedding a decade ago and as soon as we decided to get married in Tucson (we live out of state), I knew Chris would be our photographer. Chris was able to not only take the traditional photos, but was also able to capture the essence of the day, a celebration with friends and family. Everyone who has looked at our photos has been extremely complimentary and I couldn't imagine anyone better to shoot my wedding.

Gorgeous photos, fun photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Myles B

Chris Richards did a wonderful job capturing our wedding (and engagement photos). He is a very talented photographer, and the photos are proof of that. He does a great job of listening to what you and your partner do and don't like, but balances your with preferences with... Read More what he knows works and will look good. He is also great at capturing moments of honest emotion, including one of my favorite photos of my bridesmaids and me, in which we're all laughing openly. The mix of staged and candid shots gave us both those "professional" photos that will go on our walls, as well as many natural, special moments that we will treasure ourselves. I highly recommend Chris. He's smart, fun, and extremely talented. You can't pick a better photographer!

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Elizabeth H

Chris was an amazing photographer! He made both of us feel very comfortable in both our engagement session and the entire wedding day. He took the time to meet with us many times before the wedding to talk about what we wanted in our wedding pictures. Our wedding was pretty laid... Read More back and we didn't want a lot of the "traditional" wedding things. Chris did an amazing job capturing both of our personalities and style. Even two years later I look back at our wedding pictures and love every single one! I would recommend Chris to anyone getting married in AZ!