Is this your business? claim it now

Christian Oth Studio

New York, NY

Christian Oth Studio

307 7th Avenue, New York, NY

Not worth the money at all.

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Regina

I see the other reviews and the pictures on their site and it all looks very impressive and maybe it is if you are designated one of the better photographers. My photographer was Caroline. I was not impressed with the pictures, nothing fun, nothing exciting...very plain, run of the mill that I could've gotten with anyone with a camera. They supply you with a "photographers pics" of pictures that you don't get to choose also. I contacted them to complain that the lighting was bad and they just blamed sunlight, which is odd because in the pictures online, it doesn't seem to be an issue and it looks pretty bright. Just be sure to do your research before wasting money on these guys. I had a very impressive contact recommend the studio but buyer beware on the particular photographer you get as this is a day you cannot redo.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Elizabeth C

The most talented photographers ever. I love Sue Kessler! She is so easy to work with and so professional. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

incredible photographer

Reviewed on 3/20/2012 Rachel T

Finding a photographer was the hardest part of planning my wedding because you're really buying an unknown. I looked at so many pictures from different photographers, but found that I not only loved my photographers' past work, but their personalities as well. Which I think is equally important since they follow you around for hours on the most important day of your life. Also, I could not find a photographer with better quality than Christian Oth Studio.

Shawn Connell at Christian Oth studios

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Tessa F

Everyone told me when I was picking a photographer that it was important to like the photographer as a person- Shawn was so sweet and caring. I absolutely loved working with him- and while I haven't gotten the photos back yet, I am hoping they're as wonderful as he was.

Glen Allsop

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Eunice K

We loved everyone over at Christian Oth Studio, especially Glen, who took the time to get to know us, which made our photographs all the more relevant, appropriate and unique.

Worth every penny if you are willing to spend...

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 kamnar k

One thing my friends told me was not to skimp on the photographer as they got screwed at their weddings. Taking their advice, we were referred to Christian Oth Studios by our Aussie friends and took a look at their website and photographers. After reviewing their work, we were impressed at the shots and decided to set up a meeting. We met with Meredith (sales manager) and one of the photographers (Glenn Allsop). The second photographer was still TBD. We really liked his work and his personality that we decided to go with the studio. Prior to the wedding day, Glenn Allsop and Carolyn Monastra (2nd shooter) were there to recon the grounds during the specified times to assess the scenery and lighting. That is great due diligence on their part. On the wedding day, both shooters were there on time to take pictures of us roaming the grounds and getting things set up before the 2 hour photo session began around the park. Both Glenn and Carolyn were all about catching the moments and there were only a few "poses" as we were told to act natural in the majority of our shots. Carolyn, being the 2nd shooter" was barely noticeable at times as she shot from various distances and angles to capture the different perspectives while Glenn was shooting. To tell you the truth, we barely noticed the two throughout the wedding as they blended in the crowd quite well and for an Aussie and American to blend in with majority Asians is quite a feat. We really loved working with Glenn and Carolyn and highly recommend them to people. We cannot say that they are cheap, but in life, you get what you pay for and for our wedding, we were not going to sacrifice on photography.

Gorgeous..looks editorial

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Sarah K

We hired Meredith Davenport and a second shooter for a 160 person wedding. Our photos look amazing, straight out of a magazine and not HDR looking like most wedding photogs these days. The only cons here are the prices, very high and you don't get digital files of all the images just the studio selects. Still they did a fantastic job

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Anne C

We had 2 amazing photographers from the Christian Oth group. They were so easy to work with, we barely noticed they were even there. Once we received our wedding website, we could believe the amount of photos they took. Their creative style amazed us and all of our friends and family. They captured all our special moments.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Maria V

We worked with Alison Mayfield of Christian Oth Studio. She was very responsive to our requests and took loads of great shots. All very much capturing the mood and spirit of our celebration. She brought out the best and captured the key moments. We smile when looking at the shots. Even the portraits and group shots that we requested have an ease and warmth about them considering that these could tend to be stiff. Alison was great and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Michele M

Hi Journalistic approach was amazing, we got some great pictures, but he had no patience and didn't listen to us with the potraits.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathryn S

Alison from Christian Oth was so friendly and made everyone feel very relaxed around the camera. The photos are the quality of a high fashion magazine spread. The staff in the office makes every picture look perfect. The front office worker Erin gets back to you extremely quickly and is very on top of things.

Rating for Christian Oth Studio

Reviewed on 10/30/2008 Kate B

Reviewed on 9/06/2008 LAUREN D

we used Meredith from Christian Oth and she was WONDERFUL. she was so laid back and easy to work with and had a really fun attitude. she was there all night but felt completely unobtrusive.

Rating for Christian Oth Studio

Reviewed on 9/12/2007 JILL K

Reviewed on 8/20/2007 DEBRA K

Very easygoing style, many great pictures, online website

TO Christian Oth Studio