Celebrate Your Life

Documentary

$5,000+

2212 Queen Anne Ave N. Suite #278, Seattle, WA

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Clane Gessle is a true professional and artist. We are so grateful and feel equally humbled we had the opportunity to work with him for our wedding. I knew going into the wedding planning process I cared a lot about the photography- and in the Bay Area there is certainly no deficit of wedding photographers. Full disclosure- I am a personality type AAA and I researched several photographers (probably over 50), meeting with a dozen in person or on Skype before landing on Clane. Clane made us feel so comfortable, and he was equally excited about our wedding as we were - that truly was hard to find in many of the photographers we had met with. Not only is Clane insanely talented, he is equally patient and considerate with his couples. He knew exactly the kind of photos we wanted for our wedding day, reviewed my own and my husband's insecurities and gave us tutorials on how to best position ourselves so we would feel comfortable. I can't stress that enough - feeling comfortable with your photographer is so important - if you don't you wont look comfortable in your photos and most importantly you are with your photographer all day long. You should almost consider them a friend! He would also show us photos straight off the camera so we knew what was going on which we both really liked and got us very excited to continue shooting! What I really appreciated about Clane was his go-getter and no-nonsense approach on the wedding day. We had a fairly large wedding, with even larger personality in our wedding party and extended family. We wanted to get certain shots and had limited time - he got everyone organized quickly (which was the equivalent to herding cats) and told us something the wedding day that I really liked: "I am not here to please everyone, I am here to please you." He told everyone what to do and called individuals out if they weren't paying attention to ensure he would get the right shot and we could check that off so we could have more time to actually ENJOY OUR WEDDING. Too many times have I heard about bride's not getting certain shots, or underestimating how long something will take - with Clane in charge you will get your shots and have time to take some extra special "WOW" photos - at least we certainly did. I have no doubt that he captured every detail that I spent 18 months planning, and that he was also able to capture those salient moments that we will be able to re-live through his images for the rest of our lives. NOT TO MENTION - he is a complete perfectionist and wants his bride and groom to be beyond thrilled with their final images. Whether there are little tweaks or changes you want to see he is completely understanding and receptive to your feedback. Clane Gessel has our absolute highest recommendation and you would all be lucky to work with him.

Perfect pictures!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Maggie K

Clane is so awesome! I met Clane a few years ago and after seeing his pictures from his website, I knew he was the guy I wanted for a photographer. He takes the time to get to know you as a couple, which, I think, is so important to working well together. We were soooo happy with the photos and could not have had any better! If you want your memories to be BEAUTIFUL, then make sure Clane is there. THANK YOU CLANE!!!!

Recommending Clane Gessel

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Laura P

Hiring a photographer for our weddig was by far the toughest decision. Mainly because there are so many to choose from, and many seem like they would do a good job. We chose Clane based on a referral and my initial choice was that I appreciated the questios he asked me up front about what was important to me. Even though I really didnt care about engagement photos, he insisted this part of the package. And, I am SO glad he did. From engagement photos through the ceremony, Clane showed up with great energy, creativity and assertiveness. He gives small hints along the way to ensure the photos will look their best and had creative ideas of where and how to take photos. Let's just say you dont get bored with Clane. I was impresssed that Clane drove 3 hours just to do a walk through of our wedding venue just so he could be more prepared when it came to our big day. Clane understands service, going above and beyond, and most importantly, he is a talented photohrapher. I recommend Clane Gessel for your next wedding or big event!

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 2/23/2014 Lindley G

From the moment we chose Clane one year before our wedding, to the last photograph the day AFTER our wedding, he was amazing. My wedding pictures were one of the most important things to me on our wedding day; one piece of the wedding that we will have forever. Clane truly produced exceptional, artistic and beautiful photos. He knew what I wanted before I asked for it and definitely more than exceeded my expectations. I don't need to brag about how amazing his photos are. Go on his website for 5 seconds and you will see that. What you might not get from his website is that aside from being a fantastic photographer, he is a fantastic person who is passionate about his job. My family and friends all fell in love with him. My husband hates having his picture taken, and Clane made it so fun and relaxing. You didn't even know he was there during the ceremony, but he still managed to capture every moment. Our pictures are beyond beautiful. I almost feel like they're not real that's how amazing they are. I would recommend Clane without hesitation to anyone looking for unique and beautiful photos coupled with a great over all experience. He single-handedly made the best day of my life even better.

Your Search for a Phenomenal Wedding Photographer Ends Here!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Angie K

If you're looking for a phenomenal photographer, your search ends with Clane Gessel. He is such a gifted artist and his interpersonal skills make him a complete pleasure to work with whether it be during the initial consultations or the day of your engagement with him. He is a true professional and he will challenge you by pushing you out of your comfort zone in order to capture the most beautiful pictures. Trust him, believe him, and follow his lead and you will never be disappointed! He is worth every penny, and it is the best decision we made in terms of our wedding vendors. Clane will also encourage you to create a list of your desired photos so he can ensure that he captures every special moment for you. What I loved about Clane was that he asked us to revise our list three times - again, he really pushes you to think about what you want so that you aren't disappointed. We were so thankful for his guidance which resulted in AMAZING, TIMELESS photographs we will cherish forever.

Clane will make your dreams come true!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Vanessa F

Clane took our engagement and wedding pictures and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Throughout the entire process of planning our wedding he was there if we ever needed an opinion on something about the wedding, a review of another vendor, or needed help finding a vendor. On the day of the wedding he was efficient with his time before the ceremony, he made everyone feel relaxed, he was excellent with all of our little cousins, and everyone in our family absolutely loved him! He made sure to capture everything that we wanted and everything that we hadn't even thought of. Our pictures are amazing and we will make sure to have Clane take any other pictures for our life events.

Photos straight out of a magazine

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 sacha p

Clane was the photographer for my wedding this past June and he was the absolute best. He captured the day perfectly and the photos are truly beautiful. So much so that two bridal magazines asked to publish them for their real wedding feature. This was such a wonderful compliment and unexpected bonus. It is also the perfect testament to two of my favorite things about Clane’s work. 1) His skill and ability to make a couple feel comfortable and appear unposed before the camera. 2) His unquestionable mastery at transforming scenery and detail into distinctive and artistic imagery. In addition to Clane’s unmatched expertise, I would be remised if I didn’t also comment on Clane, the person. I have found him to be genuine, passionate and practically luminescent when he talks about his work and couples. Clane receives my highest recommendation. I couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos or imagine another photographer capturing the day more perfectly. And yah, did I mention our wedding photos are going to be published in a magazine?

Beautiful and Personal Photos

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Holly S

Clane is extraordinarily talented. We loved the moments that he captured during our wedding and honeymoon shoot. He was a pleasure to work with, very understanding and flexible, and efficient. He was able to capture some truly remarkable and beautiful shots during the wedding. Thank you so much for all the fabulous pictures!

The Best of the Best!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2013

We had a destination wedding in Florida, and knew from the very beginning that we had to have Clane- from the start, Clane was beyond amazing. He was easy to talk to and so much fun to work with. He flew out to Florida for our engagement session and we LOVE our photos, then back again for the wedding day. Clane made us feel so at ease, and completely taken care of. We had never had professional photos taken, and Clane made the shoot fun, just like we were out with a friend and it really helped us to relax and bring out our personalities in the photos. We could not have picked a better photographer and if you don't have Clane for your wedding, you will really be missing out. His artistic eye is unlike anything we have ever seen, we are THRILLED with how our photos turned out!! Clane is the best of the best and if we had to do it all over again, we only would have hired him sooner!

If you don't have Clane for your wedding you are missing out!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013

Clane is SO talented! He is creative and fun to work with. He came all the way down to California for our engagement shoot which turned out amazing. He really took the time to get to know us and understand our vision. He delivers quality photos with a fun vibe. He was also so much fun to work with which was a giant plus. He went above and beyond for us! The photos turned out better than I had even pictured in my head. He not only is such a genuine person but an extremely talented photographer. I am honored to have had him do our engagement and wedding photos. It made my day that much more magical. If you don't have Clane for your wedding than you are seriously missing out!

Don't get married with out Clane!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jennifer H

Working with Clane was a really great experience. During our engagement session we got to know each other and developed a trust and understanding that made the wedding day really smooth. On the day of the wedding he was a helpful and supportive force that really helped make the day work. And oh by the way, the photo's were AMAZING! He really captured us as a couple and added a bit of out of the box flare. I could not have been happier with our chose of Clane Gessel Photography for our wedding!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Lindsay P

My husband and I couldn't be happier with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. We had a great time working with Clane. He is passionate about what he does and it shows in the pictures that he takes. He made sure that we liked what we saw as we went along and when we got our final photos in the mail we were thrilled with what we saw. We only had to wait 14 days for our photos which was wonderful :-) We would recommend Clane to anyone and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again.

Great for Engagements

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Tanya B

We went with Clane because he came highly recommended. I absolutely LOVED our engagement photos! I was a bit disappointed with our wedding pictures. He does a good job with the bride and groom, as that is obviously his specialty. But there are hardly any pictures of the wedding party and family, and none of the guests enjoying themselves. I feel there were simple oversights in many of the pictures; a lot of looking down, (which makes the eyes appear closed), sloppy posing (not everyone doing the same thing), and odd angles (artistic, yes, but didn't always work for flattering pictures). I would recommend him for pictures of just the bride and groom, but be sure to have another photographer for the getting ready, ceremony, and reception. We were told he would have another photographer, but only he showed up on wedding day, causing a lot of getting ready pictures and special moments to be missed. With any photographer, make sure that you write down a list of photos that you want to be taken. I assumed that I would get a lot of pictures that I felt were "standard" for wedding photography, but was disappointed to find that I did not get them.

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Caitlin P

I found Clane's work online and after that, nothing else compared. His work is so unique, they are not your traditional wedding photographs. It is almost a mix of fashion/landscape/wedding. He really put the focus on my husband and I and made us feel very comfortable. He even took the time to meet with us beforehand to get our vision and what was most important to us. We are elated with the outcome of our pictures and have them blown up and hung up all over our house. We have got enormous amounts of compliments on our photos and it wouldn't have been possible without Clane. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I have already had a friend book him for her wedding because she loved our pictures so much. He is truly amazing and has such an eye for what he does.

Truly the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Lauren A

I had seen Clane's photographs a few years before it was my turn to get married. He did the engagement shoot for some friends of mine. I remember thinking, "Those are so different from anything I had seen before!" When it came time for my big day, I looked at some other photographers, but kept coming back to Clane. I knew he had to be the one to preserve the memories for Brian and I's wedding. From the engagement photos to the actual wedding day, Clane was exactly what we wanted. He put us both at ease, was laid back, yet professional, and caught our personalities beautifully in each of our photos. He thought outside of the box and encouraged us to do the same. During photographs with our families before the wedding, he had them all cracking up with his sarcasm and wit...which put them at ease and gave us even better photos! The photos were back to us after two weeks. It was wonderful to be able to see them so quickly after the day! Both Brian and I could not have been more pleased with Clane and his phenomenal photographs of our wedding!

The best photographer I have seen

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Kristin L

I have been friends with the Clane since we were in middle school. He has always been a kind and compassionate person and his work reflects that. With out a doubt he is the best photographer i have ever seen. He brings uniqueness, color and quality to every photo. There was not a single picture out of the 2000 + he took that i didn't like. The best part is that i got to keep them all. My wedding day was perfect and Clane helped capture every moment of it!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 Stephanie M

Working with Clane was so easy and relaxing! Both of our engagement shoots and our wedding photos turned out better than we could have imagined!! He got our photos to us within two weeks after the wedding, which was awesome. I can't wait to get more family photos done with him. I would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Clane Gessel is the best!

Reviewed on 6/10/2010 Anna R

Clane was super professional, and knew how to put me and my husband at ease on this stressful day! Clane's imagination doesn't know limits, and for the fair price he offers, you get a collection of photographs that Vogue wouldn't dare to reject... He really brings the best of you... in pictures :)

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/01/2010 Brittany C

Clane was absolutely wonderful! He was friendly and professional right from the start. He was able to make my husband and I feel comfortable where we could be ourselves in front of the camera. Also, I loved how Clane was open to do almost anything and at the same time he provided creative ideas. Being new to the area it was great to look at his previous weddings to get ideas on poses and locations. Also before the end of the night he made sure we were satisfied with the photos he took. He definitely helped make the night perfect. Along with providing great service, his photos are phenomenal! I love how they don't look like typical wedding photos. Instead they capture the moment in a unique artsy way. Plus everyone is complimenting me on our wedding photos.

TO Clane Gessel Photography