Documentary

Wedding

Photo

2212 Queen Anne Ave N., Seattle, WA

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Rachel G

If you are looking for a photographer to capture the true essence and vision of your wedding day, then Clane Gessel Photography is your answer! My new husband and I are continually grateful for Clane and the amazing photographs that he produced. He was with us from engagement... Read More to our rehearsal dinner and of course our wedding day! Clane is an amazing communicator; he was very clear in all his correspondence before the wedding. He arrived early on the BIG day and got started right away. He was very intentional about giving us space to visit with guests without missing any important moments. I was worried about being taken away to long during our bride and groom pictures, but Clane subtly grabbed us at different times throughout the day and night that no one noticed we were gone and we had the benefit of having lovely couple photographs in different lighting as the day changed. Something that I love about Clane, is he started as a landscape photographer over 10 years ago. I've wanted an outdoor wedding in the Pacific Northwest since I was a little girl . I knew he could capture the beautiful scenery in the background and include us as a bonus! Well I was NOT wrong. Clane of course exceeded our expectations. When we got our wedding photos back, I cried and remembered all of the perfect moments from our big day. Thank you, thank you, thank you Clane Gessel Photography; you will always have a special place in our hearts!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Trish C

We picked Clane to be our photographer for our beautiful Kirkland, WA wedding on Fourth of July weekend. He was patient, fun, caring, and enthusiastic about his work. Clane met with us when we were shopping for a photographer, and in just a few short minutes he was able to pick... Read More up on our style. He asked all of the right questions and has tons of experience. His portfolio had me in awe and I knew we had to have him! His love for his work comes out in the photos and his ability not to miss a moment is incredible. He offers a free engagement shoot anywhere in the United States that your heart desires. We were able to get comfortable with each other so the wedding day was a piece of cake! And the final results!!!!!! Our photos are better then we could have imagined; and our family and friends agree. We had them back by the next few weeks. Also Clane never comes empty handed. We always felt so spoiled by his generosity and thoughtfulness. Anyone would be truly blessed to have Clane Gessel Photography!!!! Clane and his team are AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Rachel G

My husband and I chose Clane Gessel Photography for our wedding. This was, without a doubt the best decision for our wedding day! Clane is personable, professional and patient. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, he made us both feel so comfortable in front of the... Read More camera. He also has a lot of experience with destination weddings and a big wedding party. I was a little nervous since we had 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsman and a huge family, but Clane handled it like a champ. He was so organized and polite. He arrived early and stayed late. Clane is the BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Ken G

Clane did my daughters wedding and he is an exceptional photographer and it was a pleasure watching him work. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone. You can't beat the best!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lynne G

As the Mother of the Bride it was wonderful to have someone who would take the time to listen and show patience to my daughter on her big day. I am so thankful, that he was able to fulfill all of her expectations. He captured every moment so beautifully. I would recommend him... Read More to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Rachel G

Clane is absolutely AMAZING! It is so obvious he loves what he does. He is professional, organized and extremely talented. I can't say enough good things about him...he's worth 10 stars!!!! We have so many beautiful photos to cherish for the rest of our lives. He captured all... Read More of the special moments and more.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Hunter B

Clane is a consummate professional. From the time we met Clane, he made my wife and me feel like we were the most important people in the world. Our engagement photo's are spectacular and he truly captured what we were looking for. When it came to our wedding, he was there every... Read More step of the way, from the engagement dinner to the reception. On top of being a great photographer, he is a great person. My wife and I consider him a friend and would recommend him to anyone we know.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

I feel indescribably fortunate and grateful to have benefited from the artistic and discerning eye of the incredibly talented photographer Clane Gessel. As a bride-to-be, I had quickly determined that my highest priority for my wedding day would be securing a remarkable wedding... Read More photographer to adequately capture the beauty, love, and importance of what would surely become my most precious memories. One look at Clane’s website, and I was hopelessly drawn in – the breathtaking quality of his romantic imagery would not leave my mind! Needless to say, I was ecstatic when he agreed to shoot our special day. Ours was a very intimate, elegant wedding (8 guests at Auberge du Soleil in Napa), and Clane fit in perfectly. The moment he arrived in my room, as I was in a flurry of final preparations, he was able to put me instantly at ease; I knew I was in good, experienced hands. Clane definitely has a wonderful way with people. Every moment I spent with him was both confidence-inspiring and genuinely delightful. He was open to our ideas and requests but just as easily took charge when needed; my husband and I loved how he could so effortlessly (and literally) mold us into picture-perfect models. Truly, he was just a fun, friendly person to be around and enhanced our experience of the day. For example, when my husband mentioned that he’d fairly recently gotten into photography and was enamored with Clane’s lenses, Clane immediately handed over his newest camera and showed him all of the new features and let him play with it – who does that?! Clane Gessel did. We only had a few brief hours with Clane, but his impact will last a lifetime. When our pictures arrived, we were thrilled with the result. The quality and variety of shots he was able to capture in such a short time astonishes me – the most challenging part has surely been choosing a select few to display in our home – there were so many great photos from which to choose! When I look back on our wedding day, I can genuinely say that I’m certain our memories will forever be more beautiful because Clane was such an integral part of them.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

As the mother of the bride, I was fortunate to have an instrumental part in helping my daughter plan her wedding. I knew that, apart from marrying her groom, what was most important to her was the aesthetic of the wedding photographer and the quality of his work.... Read More Consequently, I spent many hours looking through photographer's websites, searching for that perfect vision. The moment I saw Clane's portfolio, I knew that the magical dreamscapes he was able to capture and create were exactly what she'd imagined for her day. We were completely enchanted by the other-worldly visions of beauty we found on his site and were absolutely thrilled to learn that he would be able to shoot her wedding. I wondered, though, could he really cast that magic for our daughter and her groom? As it turned out, the answer was a resounding "YES!!" From the moment we met Clane on the day of the wedding, he put us at ease with his positive energy and professional demeanor. He helped my daughter and her groom feel completely comfortable throughout the entire process...instructing them on just how to pose for many of the shots, but always coaxing from them a completely natural and genuine interaction with each other. The end results were breathtakingly beautiful. While the stunning location of the ceremony and wedding dinner were on full display, his photographs always allowed the bride and groom to outshine all else. He managed to get dozens of wonderful shots of the ceremony from many different angles, though I was completely unaware of his presence during the event. He lead us through the family groupings with an ease and good humor that turned what could have been stressful for a 'camera shy' person such as myself into a lovely, completely painless experience. Clane worked seamlessly with the other professionals at the venue, keeping everything moving perfectly on schedule, with no sense of rushing or pressure. Clane went far beyond capturing the sublime beauty of the bride, the devotion on the face of her groom, or the joy of family members witnessing the event. His photographs are portals through which we can step back in time and revisit the sweetness of that day...feel the blissful love between the bride and groom...revel in the glory of their union. Our daughter's wedding was the most perfect day of my life...a fairy tale come true, magical and enchanting from start to finish... And thanks to the supremely talented Clane Gessel, we shall always have the glorious pictures to prove that her dreamlike day had, in truth, been real!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Clane Gessle is a true professional and artist. We are so grateful and feel equally humbled we had the opportunity to work with him for our wedding. I knew going into the wedding planning process I cared a lot about the photography- and in the Bay Area there is certainly no... Read More deficit of wedding photographers. Full disclosure- I am a personality type AAA and I researched several photographers (probably over 50), meeting with a dozen in person or on Skype before landing on Clane. Clane made us feel so comfortable, and he was equally excited about our wedding as we were - that truly was hard to find in many of the photographers we had met with. Not only is Clane insanely talented, he is equally patient and considerate with his couples. He knew exactly the kind of photos we wanted for our wedding day, reviewed my own and my husband's insecurities and gave us tutorials on how to best position ourselves so we would feel comfortable. I can't stress that enough - feeling comfortable with your photographer is so important - if you don't you wont look comfortable in your photos and most importantly you are with your photographer all day long. You should almost consider them a friend! He would also show us photos straight off the camera so we knew what was going on which we both really liked and got us very excited to continue shooting! What I really appreciated about Clane was his go-getter and no-nonsense approach on the wedding day. We had a fairly large wedding, with even larger personality in our wedding party and extended family. We wanted to get certain shots and had limited time - he got everyone organized quickly (which was the equivalent to herding cats) and told us something the wedding day that I really liked: "I am not here to please everyone, I am here to please you." He told everyone what to do and called individuals out if they weren't paying attention to ensure he would get the right shot and we could check that off so we could have more time to actually ENJOY OUR WEDDING. Too many times have I heard about bride's not getting certain shots, or underestimating how long something will take - with Clane in charge you will get your shots and have time to take some extra special "WOW" photos - at least we certainly did. I have no doubt that he captured every detail that I spent 18 months planning, and that he was also able to capture those salient moments that we will be able to re-live through his images for the rest of our lives. NOT TO MENTION - he is a complete perfectionist and wants his bride and groom to be beyond thrilled with their final images. Whether there are little tweaks or changes you want to see he is completely understanding and receptive to your feedback. Clane Gessel has our absolute highest recommendation and you would all be lucky to work with him.

Perfect pictures!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Maggie K

Clane is so awesome! I met Clane a few years ago and after seeing his pictures from his website, I knew he was the guy I wanted for a photographer. He takes the time to get to know you as a couple, which, I think, is so important to working well together. We were soooo happy... Read More with the photos and could not have had any better! If you want your memories to be BEAUTIFUL, then make sure Clane is there. THANK YOU CLANE!!!!

Recommending Clane Gessel

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Laura P

Hiring a photographer for our weddig was by far the toughest decision. Mainly because there are so many to choose from, and many seem like they would do a good job. We chose Clane based on a referral and my initial choice was that I appreciated the questios he asked me up front... Read More about what was important to me. Even though I really didnt care about engagement photos, he insisted this part of the package. And, I am SO glad he did. From engagement photos through the ceremony, Clane showed up with great energy, creativity and assertiveness. He gives small hints along the way to ensure the photos will look their best and had creative ideas of where and how to take photos. Let's just say you dont get bored with Clane. I was impresssed that Clane drove 3 hours just to do a walk through of our wedding venue just so he could be more prepared when it came to our big day. Clane understands service, going above and beyond, and most importantly, he is a talented photohrapher. I recommend Clane Gessel for your next wedding or big event!

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 2/23/2014 Lindley G

From the moment we chose Clane one year before our wedding, to the last photograph the day AFTER our wedding, he was amazing. My wedding pictures were one of the most important things to me on our wedding day; one piece of the wedding that we will have forever. Clane truly... Read More produced exceptional, artistic and beautiful photos. He knew what I wanted before I asked for it and definitely more than exceeded my expectations. I don't need to brag about how amazing his photos are. Go on his website for 5 seconds and you will see that. What you might not get from his website is that aside from being a fantastic photographer, he is a fantastic person who is passionate about his job. My family and friends all fell in love with him. My husband hates having his picture taken, and Clane made it so fun and relaxing. You didn't even know he was there during the ceremony, but he still managed to capture every moment. Our pictures are beyond beautiful. I almost feel like they're not real that's how amazing they are. I would recommend Clane without hesitation to anyone looking for unique and beautiful photos coupled with a great over all experience. He single-handedly made the best day of my life even better.

Your Search for a Phenomenal Wedding Photographer Ends Here!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Angie K

If you're looking for a phenomenal photographer, your search ends with Clane Gessel. He is such a gifted artist and his interpersonal skills make him a complete pleasure to work with whether it be during the initial consultations or the day of your engagement with him. He is a... Read More true professional and he will challenge you by pushing you out of your comfort zone in order to capture the most beautiful pictures. Trust him, believe him, and follow his lead and you will never be disappointed! He is worth every penny, and it is the best decision we made in terms of our wedding vendors. Clane will also encourage you to create a list of your desired photos so he can ensure that he captures every special moment for you. What I loved about Clane was that he asked us to revise our list three times - again, he really pushes you to think about what you want so that you aren't disappointed. We were so thankful for his guidance which resulted in AMAZING, TIMELESS photographs we will cherish forever.

Clane will make your dreams come true!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Vanessa F

Clane took our engagement and wedding pictures and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Throughout the entire process of planning our wedding he was there if we ever needed an opinion on something about the wedding, a review of another vendor, or needed help... Read More finding a vendor. On the day of the wedding he was efficient with his time before the ceremony, he made everyone feel relaxed, he was excellent with all of our little cousins, and everyone in our family absolutely loved him! He made sure to capture everything that we wanted and everything that we hadn't even thought of. Our pictures are amazing and we will make sure to have Clane take any other pictures for our life events.

Photos straight out of a magazine

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 sacha p

Clane was the photographer for my wedding this past June and he was the absolute best. He captured the day perfectly and the photos are truly beautiful. So much so that two bridal magazines asked to publish them for their real wedding feature. This was such a wonderful... Read More compliment and unexpected bonus. It is also the perfect testament to two of my favorite things about Clane’s work. 1) His skill and ability to make a couple feel comfortable and appear unposed before the camera. 2) His unquestionable mastery at transforming scenery and detail into distinctive and artistic imagery. In addition to Clane’s unmatched expertise, I would be remised if I didn’t also comment on Clane, the person. I have found him to be genuine, passionate and practically luminescent when he talks about his work and couples. Clane receives my highest recommendation. I couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos or imagine another photographer capturing the day more perfectly. And yah, did I mention our wedding photos are going to be published in a magazine?

Beautiful and Personal Photos

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Holly S

Clane is extraordinarily talented. We loved the moments that he captured during our wedding and honeymoon shoot. He was a pleasure to work with, very understanding and flexible, and efficient. He was able to capture some truly remarkable and beautiful shots during the... Read More wedding. Thank you so much for all the fabulous pictures!

The Best of the Best!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2013

We had a destination wedding in Florida, and knew from the very beginning that we had to have Clane- from the start, Clane was beyond amazing. He was easy to talk to and so much fun to work with. He flew out to Florida for our engagement session and we LOVE our photos, then... Read More back again for the wedding day. Clane made us feel so at ease, and completely taken care of. We had never had professional photos taken, and Clane made the shoot fun, just like we were out with a friend and it really helped us to relax and bring out our personalities in the photos. We could not have picked a better photographer and if you don't have Clane for your wedding, you will really be missing out. His artistic eye is unlike anything we have ever seen, we are THRILLED with how our photos turned out!! Clane is the best of the best and if we had to do it all over again, we only would have hired him sooner!

If you don't have Clane for your wedding you are missing out!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013

Clane is SO talented! He is creative and fun to work with. He came all the way down to California for our engagement shoot which turned out amazing. He really took the time to get to know us and understand our vision. He delivers quality photos with a fun vibe. He was also so... Read More much fun to work with which was a giant plus. He went above and beyond for us! The photos turned out better than I had even pictured in my head. He not only is such a genuine person but an extremely talented photographer. I am honored to have had him do our engagement and wedding photos. It made my day that much more magical. If you don't have Clane for your wedding than you are seriously missing out!

Don't get married with out Clane!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jennifer H

Working with Clane was a really great experience. During our engagement session we got to know each other and developed a trust and understanding that made the wedding day really smooth. On the day of the wedding he was a helpful and supportive force that really helped make... Read More the day work. And oh by the way, the photo's were AMAZING! He really captured us as a couple and added a bit of out of the box flare. I could not have been happier with our chose of Clane Gessel Photography for our wedding!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Lindsay P

My husband and I couldn't be happier with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. We had a great time working with Clane. He is passionate about what he does and it shows in the pictures that he takes. He made sure that we liked what we saw as we went along and when we... Read More got our final photos in the mail we were thrilled with what we saw. We only had to wait 14 days for our photos which was wonderful :-) We would recommend Clane to anyone and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again.

Great for Engagements

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Tanya B

We went with Clane because he came highly recommended. I absolutely LOVED our engagement photos! I was a bit disappointed with our wedding pictures. He does a good job with the bride and groom, as that is obviously his specialty. But there are hardly any pictures of the... Read More wedding party and family, and none of the guests enjoying themselves. I feel there were simple oversights in many of the pictures; a lot of looking down, (which makes the eyes appear closed), sloppy posing (not everyone doing the same thing), and odd angles (artistic, yes, but didn't always work for flattering pictures). I would recommend him for pictures of just the bride and groom, but be sure to have another photographer for the getting ready, ceremony, and reception. We were told he would have another photographer, but only he showed up on wedding day, causing a lot of getting ready pictures and special moments to be missed. With any photographer, make sure that you write down a list of photos that you want to be taken. I assumed that I would get a lot of pictures that I felt were "standard" for wedding photography, but was disappointed to find that I did not get them.

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Caitlin P

I found Clane's work online and after that, nothing else compared. His work is so unique, they are not your traditional wedding photographs. It is almost a mix of fashion/landscape/wedding. He really put the focus on my husband and I and made us feel very comfortable. He... Read More even took the time to meet with us beforehand to get our vision and what was most important to us. We are elated with the outcome of our pictures and have them blown up and hung up all over our house. We have got enormous amounts of compliments on our photos and it wouldn't have been possible without Clane. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I have already had a friend book him for her wedding because she loved our pictures so much. He is truly amazing and has such an eye for what he does.

Truly the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Lauren A

I had seen Clane's photographs a few years before it was my turn to get married. He did the engagement shoot for some friends of mine. I remember thinking, "Those are so different from anything I had seen before!" When it came time for my big day, I looked at some other... Read More photographers, but kept coming back to Clane. I knew he had to be the one to preserve the memories for Brian and I's wedding. From the engagement photos to the actual wedding day, Clane was exactly what we wanted. He put us both at ease, was laid back, yet professional, and caught our personalities beautifully in each of our photos. He thought outside of the box and encouraged us to do the same. During photographs with our families before the wedding, he had them all cracking up with his sarcasm and wit...which put them at ease and gave us even better photos! The photos were back to us after two weeks. It was wonderful to be able to see them so quickly after the day! Both Brian and I could not have been more pleased with Clane and his phenomenal photographs of our wedding!

Start a Conversation!