Classical Occasions

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut

When the Occasion calls for a Classical Touch

Voted Best of Weddings Pick for 2011! Serving the Boston and beyond since 1997, we specialize in classical music including strings, piano, vocals, guitar, and many other instruments. We also offer the smooth, cool sounds of jazz, and special requests such as bagpipes and accordion.

Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Jazz

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut (617) 821-0597

Great Musicians

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Stephanie R

Unfortunately, as the bride I didn't get to hear much of what the string trio played. From what I did hear they sounded great. Working with Don was easy and the process was seamless. I'm happy Don convinced me to book a string trio as opposed to a duo (a quartet was outside... Read More of my budget). The trio sounded beautiful.

fantastic to work with

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Corinne H

Music was an incredible hit at our wedding! We got a string quartet and everyone loved it. Don worked with us ahead of time to personalize the ceremony music. Unlike other groups we looked into, he didn't limit us to 1 new piece. The group accompanied for 4 hymns we selected... Read More for our congregation to sing during the ceremony.

Beautiful ceremony music!

Reviewed on 2/17/2012 Catherine M

The music at our ceremony (and cocktail hour) was perfect thanks to Classical Occasions! They are very professional and have a terrific selection of songs. Would highly recommend them.

Perfect.

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Joni B

I've always loved strings, so I knew that I wanted a string trio to play our wedding ceremony. After I found and contacted Classical Occasions, Don got back to me immediately with a specific (and very reasonable) quote. I planned the majority of our wedding without a hired... Read More planner, so the fact that Don was organized and attentive made an enormous difference for me. He worked with us to get the perfect lineup of songs; the musicians were even willing to play a song with my dad, who plays the trombone, during the ceremony. A few days before the wedding I realized that I had forgotten to tell Don that we moved our wedding time up, which created a conflict with one of our scheduled musicians! Don not only calmed me down, but he also worked out the problem in a matter of hours. The ceremony was perfect. The music was even more beautiful than I had imagined it. The musicians looked and sounded fantastic! Even though they hadn't practiced, the song with my dad was incredible. Classical Occasions helped to make our ceremony absolutely perfect -- we could not have been happier.

2011-10-24T23:00:36 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you so much for that excellent review, it is deeply appreciated! I remember your wedding well, and I am very glad that you were so happy with our services! -- Don

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Haniyah K

I hired Classical Occassion as my ceremony musicians for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour this past October (2010). From the start I was impressed with the director, Don for his friendly and professional style. While other vendors simply sent me emails, he took the time to... Read More call me personally to discuss my wedding and provide information on his company. He was very patient and happy to answer all my questions throughout the planning process. The musicians played beautifully during both the ceremony and cocktail hour. My maid of honor sang a song during the ceremony and the pianist played the sheet music perfectly- they didn't even need to practice. I would highly recommend Don and his group for weddings.

2010-12-01T23:24:24 Response from the vendor

Wow, what a nice review, thank you! It is very important to us, not just to provide great music, but also to give each client the personal touch and the care we would expect ourselves as clients. We're glad you were so happy with Classical... Read Less Read More

True professionals!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Alison R

Classical Ocassions played during my wedding ceremony and their string quartet was amazing! They were so easy to work with and offered valuable advice when I was selecting the music.

2010-12-01T13:29:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We're especially glad that you found our advice valuable!

Wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Leah M

Classical Occassions played for my wedding ceremony as well as my cocktail hour. They did a fantastic job and I recevied a lot of great compliments about them. I had a string trio and was able to select the songs I wanted them to play. I would definitely use them again! Thanks... Read More Again,Leah

2010-12-01T13:33:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great comments, and for taking a moment to share them!

Don Krishnaswami

Classical Occasions' Founder and Manager Don Krishnaswami is an active performing violinist and violist in the Boston area. A Juilliard-trained orchestral and chamber musician, he has toured domestically from coast to coast with the Boston Pops, including appearances at major music festivals such as Tanglewood, Ravinia, Wolf Trap, and Interlochen. He has also performed with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Boston Lyric Opera Orchestra, Boston Ballet Orchestra, the Orchestra of St. Luke's, and the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra.