Clay Hill Farm

Cape Neddick, ME

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

220 Clay Hill Road, Cape Neddick, ME

A true fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Malorie P

My husband and I were wed at Clay Hill Farms on Friday, June 18, 2010. We were paying for the majority of our wedding and Clay Hill was so privy to our situation. They even took late night calls from us when we were confused about some budgetary items. The wedding plan staff... Read More listened to every request and concern, and checked in often with us. We live over 5 hours away from Clay Hill, but I never felt like this was ever an obstacle. The food was outstanding, and had ALL of my guests raving, even today! On our big day, we felt like the king and queen, and that was because Clay Hill made it that way. During out photo session, my husband leaned in and said he was so impressed by the staff's presence and attentiveness, and how special they made even him feel. The grounds were breathtaking and made for timeless pictures. The wedding package they offered to us was all inclusive and made decision making easy as I trusted their guidance completely. The vendors they choose to work with are of the highest quality and on my day I didn't have one mistake, everything was flawless.I was also comforted by their green initiatives and their sustainable way of conducting all of their business. The entire experience was perfect, beginning to end, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have heard the very same compliments from family members, bridal party members and guests. Thank you to Clay Hill for making my day one that we, and my guests, will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Words alone cannot express what a wonderful wedding day we had at Clay Hill Farm on Sunday, October 11, 2015. It was beautiful fall weather and a phenomenal day with Clay Hill Farm as the perfect hosts. The advice given by Jenn and Rachel was such great help in planning this... Read More day. They are seasoned professionals whose guidance through many, many decisions was spot on. The recommendation and coordination of the exceptional guitarist (Pat Keane), DJ (Scott Langlois) and photographer (Deb Cram) made for very convenient planning and whose talents made for a very festive and memorable day. It was a perfect day and we would not have changed any of it! Our thanks to Jenn, Rachel and the staff at Clay Hill Farm; it was a day that we will never forget! Mr. & Mr. David and Eric Day

Energy of Love

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jill P

My husband and I took planning our wedding very carefully. We wanted everything about it to express US, as individuals and as a couple. Nothing said that more then Clay Hill Farm. We had the most amazing experience planning with Jen and Rachel. They were so helpful and... Read More THOUGHTFUL, which is hard to find people that actually care about what is important to us. We had our reception outside under a tent, as well as, inside the restaurant. The energy inside the tent was truly magical. Love was in the air and everyone felt it. From our guests to the staff. We have been married a month now and we continue to get praise about our wedding from family and friends. The food, the experience and the atmosphere amazing!! Clay Hill Farm was the truly the PERFECT place for us! Can not wait to go back and have dinner!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Aisha W

Andy and I cannot say enough about how amazing Jen, Rachel and the Clay Hill Farm staff truly are. They took care of everything and everyone. When I arrived several minutes late and was apologizing, both Jen and Rachel were a calming voice for me (an anxious and emotional bride... Read More lol). From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Clay Hill Farm :). The food was amazing and all of our guests had a wonderful time.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katie M

If you are thinking of having your wedding at Clay Hill Farm, stop thinking about it and book them as your venue immediately! My husband and I were just married there this past weekend (10/1), and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel and Jen. From the very beginning... Read More of the planning phase right up to the big day, they were absolutely wonderful. They were responsive if we had questions, extremely accomodating to our requests and they are pros at pulling off a seamless, beautiful wedding. Our guests have been raving about the food, the waitstaff/bar service and the fact that everything ran like a well oiled machine. Most of all, Rachel and Jen make you feel like family. At the end of your wedding experience, you will have two more friends in this world who were a huge part of the biggest day of your life. We highly recommend Clay Hill!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Nicole M

It's hard to sum it up in a review but we were thrilled with Clayhill as the choice for our wedding venue. Rachel and Jen made the whole process so easy for us. We couldn't have been happier with how everything came out. We even had quite a few last minute changes and they... Read More handled them without any problems. The cost was super affordable if you want it to be, and we never ever were being pressured to do more. The package deals set you up with all the best vendors in the area - seriously the best. What we think speaks volumes is that all the people we met in the hospitality and wedding industry in the area got married at clay hill as well. They knew that Rachel and Jen would take care of everything and that the food would be excellent... and it all was! The place was simple and beautiful and every detail about the day was pre thought out by people other than ourselves, and they were there to make it all go seamlessly so we didn't have to take care of anything that day. If you are even considering Clayhill you should go meet with Jen and/or Rachel and I think you will quickly see why it's a great spot no matter which angle you spin it!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 alisha b

Just has my wedding today. They made sure everything went smoothly! i had no worries at all. very beautiful❤❤

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Meg T

We could not have picked a more perfect venue. Rachel and Jen were professional, friendly, and super helpful. The wedding package we got included everything and made planning so easy as well as very affordable. Many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food... Read More (which included a vegan option!). The beautiful surroundings and awesome Clay Hill staff helped make it a wonderful day!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016

True professionals from start to end! We got married in august of 2015 and couldn't have been happier with everything from the food and venue all the way to their hand picked vendors, we chose an inclusive package that was both affordable and satisfying. I can't express how... Read More great it was to just put our trust in their hands then show up with everything going completely smooth, stress free and as bonus there are plenty of places to take a variety of pictures outside. I couldn't recommend this more for both price and experience.

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Kalie C

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Clay Hill Farm on August 28th, 2015. We knew we wanted to use this venue, as we enjoy dinning here during the summer months in their restaurant. Everything from the beautiful grounds, the vintage/classy reception area, and the... Read More amazing, and I mean amazing food, makes Clay Hill Farm an ideal wedding reception location. We started working with Jennifer and Rachel over a year and a half ago, booking our date, and using a time line to stay on tract, and on budget. The great thing about Clay Hill is, regardless of your budget, there is a way you can customize your wedding, making it everything you want. We customized one of their packages that included two meal options, the guitarist, a few hors d'oeuvres, a wedding cake, and the DJ. We really got creative selecting our hors d'oeuvres, as our family is still talking about them. Everything went so smooth and wonderful, we just can't say enough about Clay Hill and their team. I would recommend anyone looking to get married in southern Maine to look here! It is not far from route one. We had our ceremony on the beach in York, however, the grounds here are s beautiful, a ceremony would be breathtaking. It you want a classy wedding, with amazing food, and a beautiful atmosphere, check it out!

July 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Katherine L

My husband and I were married at Clay Hill Farm this past summer, in July 2014. Having grown up just a mile down the street, I had always thought that it would be a perfect place to hold my wedding reception, and we were not disappointed! The staff was incredibly helpful through... Read More the entire planning process and made everything very simple and took all the stress out of our big day. The venue is naturally beautiful and requires very few additional decorations. It was pouring rain the day of our wedding, but it did not detract from the experience at all. The large windows let our guests view the beauty of the grounds without getting wet, and there was plenty of room in accommodate everyone comfortably. We went with a package deal, and the cake and DJ were both outstanding. My husband and I could not have been happier with Clay Hill Farm and would highly recommend it to everyone!

Our Perfect Day Brought to Life

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Sasha F

My husband and I were married at the Gazebo at Clay Hill Farm on August 2, 2014. Rachel, Jen and the CHF team truly did a phenomenal job bringing our dream day to life. The planning process was far easier than we expected it to be; they were so helpful and easy to work... Read More with! They provide a great selection of wedding packages to choose from and offer everything from the menu and beverage selection, to vendor recommendations (we also highly recommend florist Katherine’s Gardens) to chairs, linens, calligraphy, etc (the list goes on). We were very happy with the selections we made and found them to be so accommodating of all of our requests. In short- they know what they are doing and they do it extraordinarily well. We are still hearing rave reviews from our guests who had nothing but positive things to say about the delicious food, the specialty drinks, the friendly, warm staff, the beautiful, lush grounds and the cozy, romantic atmosphere. It was absolutely everything we wanted and so much more. The day far exceeded anything we had in mind. Clay Hill took care of everything from set-up to coordination on the day of. My husband and I worried about absolutely nothing except interacting with our guests and enjoying our day with absolute peace of mind as everything went off without a hitch. Rachel and Jen were both on site for the wedding itself to guide us and our guests to where we needed to be. At no point did we feel rushed and at all times we felt like VIP guests. We were so incredibly happy with our experience and we are grateful to the entire staff. We highly recommend Clay Hill and encourage everyone to check out one of their wedding open houses.

Falling in love

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Heather L

We chose Clay Hill Farm because of location. His side is from NH & Mass. and mine is from the Portland area. We knew Southern Maine was where we would end up but were concerned about costs. After researching many different options Clay Hill proved to be competitive and... Read More reasonable. When we visited we fell in love with the charm of the building and the grounds. We have 2 boys and I work retail so knowing I didn't have to do much to decorate was a great feeling. I added a few personal touches with the help of my mother but I cannot stress more how much I loved the décor and feeling Clay Hill naturally has. The food was amazing! We also took advantage of Clay Hill's vendor list, we found a great bakery and DJ. Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the venue and food. We did end up with rain and I have to say Jen was great through the whole thing, I never felt stressed or upset about having to the move the ceremony inside, she kept me in the loop of the decision my Husband and Father made and that kept me calm. It was a smooth transition and although outside would have been perfect, inside was good to, it was nice to have the back up plan. I would suggest this venue again and I know we'll be back to dine.

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Kim N

My husband and I were married at Clay Hill Farm in June 2012. We picked CHF because of the location, beautiful grounds, and wonderful food. The staff at Clay Hill Farm were wonderful to work with throughout the process, very friendly and professional. They made everything flow... Read More so easily, I felt taken care of and didn't have to worry about a thing! It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend Clay Hill Farm.

Hats off to Clay Hill

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Jennifer S

My husband and I got married 9/7/12 and we decided to plan our wedding in less than 5 months. Clay Hill was simply amazing. We knew nothing on how to plan for a wedding. Jen and Rachel helped us from start to finish. They helped us every step of the way. They offered us many... Read More ceremony and meal packages with very reasonable prices. We never felt nickled and dimed... Like you find at other venues. We appreciated that we had the whole venue to ourselves and guest for the ceremony and reception. The food was amazing. Our family and friends could not stop talking about the food. Clay Hill is a gorgeous venue for photos. In the end it almost seemed to easy to plan our wedding. Thank you Clay Hill!!!!!

Wonderful place, wonderful people!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Catherine W

Clay Hill Farm hosted both my and my sister's wedding a year ago, and there's a reason we returned - it's absolutely perfect! The natural elements were very important to us, and as a farm/garden/bird sanctuary, it had those elements to offer. While looking at other sites, we... Read More found that Clay Hill Farm offered so much more without similar amounts of "extra fees" - it was simple and straight forward, and they pride themselves on creating great weddings - so we trusted them with the big day. The two wedding planners at Clay Hill are absolutely wonderful - very accommodating and so practiced that they make everything so much calmer and clearer. We had two wonderful experiences at Clay Hill Farm, my mother even mentioned that she's sorry she doesn't have a third daughter to marry there. It's a wonderful place! And many of our guests mentioned that they'd never had such enjoyable wedding food - it helps that they are an award-winning restaurant too!

Amazing wedding at Clay Hill!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Leslie N

Clay Hill Farm was amazing. From the start, Rachel and Jen came across as seasoned professional wedding coordinators, explaining things to us, and anticipating our questions. They had everything well in hand on the day of the wedding, even though it rained! They coordinated... Read More with my live musicians, and officiant, and helped to direct the bridal party when they should start walking during the processional. The final cost was 2500 less than my dad expected, so that was nice, and you can't beat the atmosphere. It stopped raining after the ceremony, so guests could walk in the gardens (and apps were brought to them!). There were no hidden costs, just like Jen and Rachel said - no cake cutting fee ridiculousness. It was the perfect venue and amazing wedding coordinators. The food was also amazing - we chose the cheapest option (chicken for everyone), and it was still fantastic. I would highly recommend Clay Hill for your event, and I can tell you the package we chose was amazing and pretty affordable (I mean, weddings are expensive, but relatively affordable), but you can choose to have decadent, over-the-top food and extras, or the bare minimum like we did, and it was STILL my dream wedding.

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Tim C

Clay Hill Farm made our day PERFECT. The setting was idyllic and the food, absolutely delicious. If you are thinking of getting married in Maine, pick Clay Hill Farm. Choose the BEST in Maine!

Magical wedding venue and fantastic food!

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Jessica Lee M

(Disclaimer: I won the 2012 Green Wedding Giveaway contest hosted by Clay Hill Farm, but all opinions are my own.) Clay Hill Farm was a magical place to get married at. It has beautiful grounds, a commitment to being a respectful steward of the environment, and the food is... Read More the best wedding food I've ever had. The staff were accommodating to our requests and the value for the wedding package is well worth it. We had shopped around at other venues before entering the Green Wedding Giveaway and hands down, Clay Hill Farm has the best value, staff and service. Everyone there is so friendly and committed to each couple's unique vision for their wedding. They are professional and easy to work with, and I would highly recommend them as a wedding venue.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Elizabeth-Ann S

My husband and I had the perfect wedding reception at Clay Hill Farm on June 9th. Our guests had an amazing time, the food was delicious and you cannot beat the location for photographs.

Great wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Timothy

Clay Hill Farm is a beautiful place to get married. Rachel and Jennifer were very organized and made sure every detail was accounted for. Food was delicious.

Absolutely serene and wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Cynthia W

Clay Hill Farm is the perfect place to set your wedding. Jennifer and Rachel are incredibly helpful, they make sure to stay in contact and always have answers to any questions you might have. I did a lot of my own decorating, and their reception area is incredibly receptive to... Read More any decor. And NOTHING matches the outside gardens for beauty!! It's basically a no-fuss site for a gorgeous wedding, everything's all set for you already. The food...fabulous! I know many brides can't even remember what they ate, but I do! The food tasted great, I found myself looking at their regular menu to see if I could go back for a "date night" and eat it again! So many of our guests said that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to, and we owe a lot to Clay Hill Farm for that!

So thankful we went with Clay Hill Farm

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Elizabeth B

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding we knew three things: 1) We wanted it to be as green as possible 2) We were on a serious budget and 3) We wanted a venue that would be accommodating of our desire to have different friends involved in the process (making our... Read More cake, doing decorations, etc). We kept finding beautiful venues that were way out of our budget, and then we came across Clay Hill Farm and were so impressed to their commitment to serving local (and organic when possible) food, and were so happy that they had no hidden fees (no dreaded "cake cutting fee). We met with Jen immediately, and fell in love with the grounds and were impressed with how accommodating they were of us. We were able to do what we wanted on a budget, and add our own flair. We didn't do the ceremony on site, but when we arrived, cocktail hour was beginning and we had so many rave reviews of the food (including the lobster bisque! mmm) and everyone thought the staff was so kind and attentive. The staff were willing to arrive early in the morning to let in some of my friends to do decorations and assisted them in doing so. They also worked closely with a friend who did my cake, walking her through how to get insurance for it and also allowing her to come in early to set it up. They even gave us a cute Christmas ornament to always remember Clay Hill Farm! If you are looking for a unique venue with a lot of charm, I say go for Clay Hill Farm.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Meggy M

Clay Hill Farm helped to make my wedding day even better than anything I ever could have imagined. They say planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things you can do, but with Rachel and Jen, they make it so easy. They set me up with my florist, my DJ and had I needed it... Read More someone to make my cake (my MIL made ours). They kept my stress level to a minimum and all of my guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been too. The food was soooo good and not a single guest left wishing they had anything more. On top of all of that, it just is a simply gorgeous property and we now have so many amazing pictures we will treasure forever because of that. Clay Hill Farm is simply the best! I almost forgot to say that I planned most of this wedding from a distance so to have it be so easy made it even better, and because of their packages, I was able to pay the florist and the DJ through Clay Hill and the package we used making it even easier. Keeping payments to one place is just one more thing to decrease the stress! So as I already said, they are simply the best!

Such a wonderful place!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Tarra W

Clay Hill Farm was just fantastic and so accommodating. I planned my wedding from half way across the country so they kept in communication with me through email and made the whole process 10x less stressful than it could've been. The food was amazing and all of my guests were... Read More raving about what a beautiful place it was! Thanks again!

Meet The Coordinator

Jennifer Lewis/Rachel Davenport

The wedding planners at Clay Hill Farm have coordinated over 2000 events! Jennifer and Rachel combine their vast vendor resources with personalized event coordinating and counseling, to create the 'wedding of your dreams' at Clay Hill Farm.