Welcome to Closer North.

We are a husband & wife team with additional photographers in Maine. Located near Acadia National Park. We have a love for natural light, candid moments, and adventurous couples. Contact us, I would love to hear from you! Get $200 OFF 2018 Weddings, if you book before the New Year!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Bar Harbor, ME | Portland, ME (207) 902-2122

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Shannon J

Erica is absolutely amazing! We used her for our engagement photos and Erica and Jordan for our wedding. The photos don't lie so you should check those out first and foremost. Erica was so great to work with we had never had couples photos done before so we were a little nervous... Read More at our engagement session and she made us feel totally at ease. Closer North hands down and we will continue to use them for our photography needs. Erica got our photos back to us in less than 2 weeks which was amazing considering they were with us or over 10 hours on our wedding day. Also book early! I had not problem getting Erica and Jordan but I book over a year in advance to secure them for sure :) Shannon & John Jagger

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Jenna Y

Let me start by saying, before my actual wedding day I had not met Erica. I had followed Closer North on Facebook for a long time and always swooned at the moments she captured and her style of photography captivated me. Photos are the only visual memories you will have from... Read More your day, so to me, this would be the most important decision of the entire planning process. From day 1 of booking her services she was always available by phone or email to answer questions or provide insight and help in any way when needed. She was a pure delight to work with and I would highly reccomend her for your wedding. She was professional, gracious and accomodating. She captured the moments I wanted specifically and then some. You have an incredibly artistic eye and it is clear to me that you are very passionate about what you do. You even made my husband ( who hates his photograph taken) feel comfortable in front of the lens, which is a feat in of itself. Thank you again, Erica! We LOVE our photos and are so very grateful we chose to work with you on our day. All Our Best, Jenna and Justin

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

Wedding photography is such an important piece of the wedding process. Now that my wedding is in the past (married June 2016) I truly understand how special it is to look back at the wedding photos. I could not have made a better choice when choosing Erica and Closer North... Read More for the job. Erica is an amazing photographer with a special talent for capturing nature and emotion. Working with Erica was a pleasure. She was very professional and engaging from start to finish. The day of our wedding, we had on and off rain. Erica was about to work with our changing schedule and still capture some amazing photos. Her calm and professional demeanor was greatly appreciated. I cannot recommend Erica enough. We are so happy with how everything came out. Thank you Erica!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Jessie D

I want to start off by saying I am an extremely indecisive person.  Despite my indecision, When I first started planning my wedding I knew exactly who I wanted to be my photographer! Closer North was the first vendor I booked, even before I bought my dress or figured on a venue!... Read More I knew the quality of work that came out of this company and I knew that I could trust them to capture our special day and they did NOT disappoint!  They managed to blend in and capture pictures without my even knowing...Jordan is a ninja...I had no idea he was there for half of the pictures! I also appreciated how calm Erica (the owner) was throughout the whole process! She was very patient with me (even with my indecision) and even helped me with my timeline!! They were awesome throughout the whole process and I'm so thankful that I booked them! Can't say thank you enough!! ❤❤

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Nicole G

Nikki was great for our wedding day photos. She was professional talented and easy going. Pictures were a breeze! Dealing with this vendor was a breath of fresh air compared to others. Thanks CloserNorth!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Lindsay S

We recommend Closer North very highly! We hired Closer North for our wedding day and did an engagement photo shoot with them. Not only do the staff take great photos, but they are a pleasure to work with, especially Erica. Erica did our engagement photo shoot and did a wonderful... Read More job suggesting shots, getting plenty of photos and making the final products look really fantastic. Leading up to the wedding day Erica was very thorough in her preparations to ensure her staff knew what they needed to do and when. On our wedding day we worked with Ember and Kalyn, who are both super nice and did a really wonderful job capturing so many great moments from our amazing day. Ember even took the time to meet with us in person before the wedding day. We really could not more highly recomend Closer North, they're great!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Isabel C

My husband and I are so happy we selected Closer North for our Wedding Photography. Erica & Jordan captured our day and they were incredible. We love our pictures! They were so flexible, calm and fun. We feel blessed to have such great wedding photography that we will cherish... Read More for years to come!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Rhonda T

I left the choosing of a wedding photographer to my son and future daughter in law, I was just check writer, so I can't take credit for the choice. But I'm so glad they chose Closer North, and Ember as their photographer. When we arrived at the wedding, Ember was already... Read More snapping pictures. Weather was foggy, and drizzling rain, but Ember was able to make every picture look fabulous! I would definitely use Closer North again!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Rhonda T

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

I grew up with Erica and ended up using her to capture family pictures around my parents 40th wedding anniversary. The pictures are from 2013 and still hang in my living room because she has a way of capturing the real you and in a timeless setting! I highly recommend her... Read More service

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

We used Erica / Closer North for our business. Gorgeous results. We were a bit complicated because we are a pet boarding, daycare and grooming facility with a large staff. Lots of dogs and people. Couldn't be happier with the beautiful results. Erica made every one feel... Read More comfortable and we had a great time

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Beckey B

We have used Erica at Closer North several times for our family pictures and also for our business. Each time she has used her talent to capture exactly what we had in mind and her photos have turned out beautiful! We will continue to use her as our phohotographer for years to... Read More come! She does beautiful work!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Beckey B

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Ashely C

Erica is amazing! She has photographed for my family both professionally and personally for the last 4 years and we are always thrilled with the outcome! She does beautiful work and we will continue to use closer north photography until she gets tired of us!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Justine L

Erica is an amazing photographer she captures every moment beautifully would highly recommend her for any job. Not only is she a brilliant but you have a lot of fun with her in the process. Do not look any further for a photographer you will not be disappointed

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Samantha E

My husband and I had an incredible experience with Erica and Jordan for both our engagement photos and our wedding day. They were both extremely helpful and laid back throughout the entire process. They blended in with our family and friends on our wedding day and took so many... Read More great candids that we love. We couldn't have asked for a better experience or outcome for our amazing photos!! We live in Boston and will travel to work with them again for future family photos!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Bridget O

My stepdaughter had Closer North take her Senior pictures. They turned out absolutely beautiful and she told me she was made to feel very comfortable having them taken. When I contacted Erica for questions and purchasing some of the photos I found her very easy to work with and... Read More very professional in her work. If you are looking for someone for your engagement, wedding, baby, grad pics - or for any other style - call her, she has some great & unique ideas and a great eye for detail!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Katelynn L

I loved Erica and all her work! She made my wedding experience magical in those photos! And the best part is she was very nice and was easy to work with! I would totally use her again for a regular shoot!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Mike V

Every single experience of our shoot with Erica was AMAZING!!!! She has an eye for capturing the best qualities of everything that she shot, which was very impressive...every aspect of dealing with Closer North was top notch...very timely, made us feel very comfortable, etc.... Read More I've dealt with other photographers and they don't even hold a candle..seriously, BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ASAP...Erica and Jordan have a great care and passion to make sure that you are satisfied and happy with your photos...i know we were, and from now on..these guys will be the only crew to photograph my ugly mug.. (My wife looks gorgeous..i hate having my pic taken!!!) Btw....i don't think that the 1 star reviews lower on this list seem to make sense? Sounds like a troll job to me...what was your issues exactly? Pretty generic bub.... For readers, do yourself a favor and pay attention to the real reviews, not some torpedoing malcontent...) Do yourself a favor and do NOT miss out!!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Victoria K

Hands down best photographer we have ever had! Our day was perfect thanks to Erica! She made sure everything was organized and the photos came out wonderfully. Every person who sees our photos asks about closer north. Can't thank them enough for capturing our wedding and... Read More engagement photos

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Andrew M

We picked Erica because her work stood out amoungst the rest. She has an amazing eye for photography and she is a true artist. She is also a great businesswoman, very professional and efficient. She did a great job with our wedding shoot and captured some of the most beautiful... Read More pictures I've ever seen in my life! I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer you will not be disappointed! Thank you Erica for all the hard work you did for Kelly and I we will cherish your photos always !

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Nicole V

Erica and her team are incredible at what they do. Erica puts her heart and soul into every photo she takes. I would very highly recommend Closer North for any and all photos you need. Not only will you get to deal with real professionals but you'll get better photos than you... Read More could ever have dreamt of. Closer North is the best of the best!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kasha P

Erica takes amazing photos! She takes the time to work with you, but also gets wonderful unstaged photos. She knows her craft!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 ashley j

Erica is amazing- hands down. She saved my wedding in 2012 when my prior photographer backed out 30 days to get event. Erica and her team really came through for our June wedding and delivered beautiful and original photos. I recommend Erica to everyone and my family and I have... Read More been back since for maternity and other family shoots. The artistic eye of Erica is unmatched- Professional and creative, we are beyond happy to have booked with Closer North!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Mica W

Closer north takes the most beautiful photos! Stunning,,creative,,personal, and Erica and Jordan are wonderful professional talented individuals.,i would highly recommend them for photographers!

Erica Leighton

Hello, I'm Erica, and I own and operate Closer North! My husband and I love capturing weddings. We focus on the New England landscape, love, and overall feeling of summer in the North East. We love candid photography and adventurous couples. I'm really proud of our artistic aesthetic and I personally hand craft each digital image with 17 years of experience in digital art. I'd love to hear your story and see if we are a fit. Shoot me a message today!