Connect. Let Go. Celebrate

I am Christine Maldonado, the owner and choreographer of CM Dance Company. I specialize in creating memorable dance moments for the REAL LIFE stage! It is always an honor to create once in lifetime memories for my clients and their families thru movement and dance. Always looking forward to connecting with new movers and shakers!

850 North Winchester Ave, San Jose, CA

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Yasmin A

We had a really great experience working with Christine. From the time we signed up and all throughout our 5 sessions with her, she showed genuine care for us as a couple. She made sure that our dance was about us, that it was meaningful to us and that it told our story.... Read More Everything was organized and simplified, from reminders of our classes and confirmations about locations, song selections and payment. She was always conscientious of our time - that we make the most of it and she explained to us what we can expect after each session. She came up with a great choreography for us - always mindful and flexible of what we, as a couple, are capable of doing. The result of our short time together was a well-choreographed, customized first dance which really was our own. Our guests were impressed and were giving us compliments even days after our wedding. In addition to the great choreography, all the tips and tricks that Christine shared with us was so helpful and valuable. As first-time performers and first-time wedding planners, she pointed out and gave advice about things we would have never considered, ie. tips for photographers/videographers/DJ. A true performer, she covered every aspect of our “performance” - from our grand entrance to getting both of us seated. She imparted her knowledge to us not only as a stage performer and dancer, but also as a bride, herself. We really enjoyed working with her and we know that you will, as well. You will be in good and very capable hands!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Dana P

I could not say more amazing things about Christine! It was my husband's idea to find someone to take lessons from and I went along with his idea because I could tell he was really excited. It ended up to be one of the highlights of both wedding preparation and wedding day... Read More memories. Christine makes you feel so comfortable from the very first session and really listens to what is important to you as a couple. Let's all be honest, wedding planning can become overwhelming and stressful...sessions with Christine break you away from all of that and remind you what you're doing all of it for, love for the other person. My husband and I, a couple of times, said very few words to each other on the drive to practice session and ALWAYS left happy. Our families and guests loved the finish product. Definitely put any hesitations aside if you're thinking of going with Christine, you're in great hands.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Yishuan (Julie) C

Christine is amazing! Before our lessons, I had social dance classes a long time ago and really enjoy the lessons. My husband had never danced before and thought he had 2 left feet. She was very patient and friendly, and eased our nervousness so we wouldn't feel embarrassed... Read More about our wrong steps. Christine asked us the theme song and made choreography for our first dance. Then slowly taught us the steps before putting it all together for us. We actually had lots laugh and fun for lessons! We highly recommend her to the other couples!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Leanne B

Christine is one of the most thoughtful and genuine people I've met. Her ability to make my entire vision come to life, made my heart full! - and that's hard, being a dancer myself. She was able to provide a comfortable environment for my non dancer husband and challenged me as... Read More a performer. My husband and I had a great time working together as a couple, thanks to Christine. I would recommend her services to any couple looking to create an unforgettable moment on their big day!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Stephanie S

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Me and my husband were not good dancers and we knew we had to get lessons for our first dance because we knew there was no way we could just wing it! Christine is so patient and understanding and worked with us and we are so grateful for that! I would... Read More definitely recommend Christine for all your dance needs! She is very caring and patient! Everyone loved our unique first dance. Thank you Christine for everything. We will definitely be recommending you to anyone who is looking for lessons. :)

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Li Z

Christine is an amazing dance teacher! I really wanted a memorable first dance, though I was the one who took social dance classes before and really enjoy it, while my husband on the other hand had zero experience and didn't think at all he would be good at it. I convinced my... Read More husband to do a trial with me. The first class with Christine totally turned his attitudes around! Christine's easy approach for complete beginners, and her laughters just made learning dance so much fun. It didn't take me much effort to convince my husband to come back and do the series. Despite that we picked a not so popular wedding dance song, Christine came up with creative choreography with it and edited the music for us to be a comfortable length as well. She taught us progressively, and paid attention to details such as our postures, eye contacts. We had so much fun learning the dance and practicing it. As someone who claimed he had no coordination at all and didn't really want to do it first place, my husband learned quickly and really enjoyed it, and was really excited to show it off, I mean dance it off, at our wedding too! And when we finally did the dance at our wedding, all our guests were blown away! We had a wonderful experience learning dancing with Christine, would highly recommend her to the other couples!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Kevin S

5 stars here don’t do justice here. If I can, I would have given her 10 stars!! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone until the very last day of our practice, she was extremely approachable, professhional and very easy to work with. Most of all, she is really passionate... Read More about her work. We signed up for our first dance lessons and secretly I signed up for surprise groomsmen dance. She hears your vision and choreograph accordingly. Us men really can’t dance but judging by the crowds at the wedding, she made a pretty good dancer out of me by the end. I couldn’t believe how easy she made it for someone like me and my groomsmen to follow Look on my wife’s face was simply priceless when she saw our dance. Christine really cares about you and your story and does amazing job of choreographing the dance moves for your special day. Hiring Christine for our groomsmen dance and our first dance was the single best investment I made for our wedding. Thank you Christine!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Mandy E

Christine was amazing! My husband was the one who really wanted the dance lessons for our wedding, but he was also dreading them! Our first session totally put him at ease! She gave him the right steps and taught us how to really move as one. By the time we got to our first... Read More dance at the wedding he was ready to rock and roll with confidence. We had a great time and used our lessons for our date nights. It was so much fun and Christine not only made us comfortable but she made us into dancers! Thank you Christine!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Emilie K

Christine ROCKS! We didn't decide to do dance lessons until 3 weeks before the wedding and Christine was able to fit in 5 lessons into a very compact schedule. She was able to quickly assess our abilities and choreograph a dance that we felt comfortable doing and would be fun... Read More for our guests. She was able to make my husband feel more confident in his abilities and helped me see when I was throwing him off by trying to take the lead. The lessons made us feel more comfortable on the day of and our guests had a blast cheering us on. Christine was able to do wonders! I would definitely recommend Christine to anyone looking for lessons for a wedding. I can only image what she could have done if we didn't wait till just 3 weeks before our wedding.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Marissa E

you will not find anyone better than Christine! My dad found her on yelp to choreograph our father-daughter dance and we could not have been happier with the results. Neither my dad nor I are dancers, as in zero dance ability; she was able to break it down and teach us step by... Read More step. She was very patient and very flexible which was greatly appreciated. She helped me coordinate the wedding timeline to be centered around our dance. When "showtime" came, we felt extremely prepared and had the best time. Christine is the absolute best!!! I would recommend Christine in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Sara T

So glad we decided to go with Christine for our dance lessons. We started out with only doing one dance lesson and during that lesson, she really crammed it in! I was wow’d by the fact that she wasn’t trying to cut corners and teach super slow so that she could get a... Read More dance-package out of you. Honestly, I don’t think she needs it!! Haha. She’s that busy and booked! After the first lesson, my husband was the only who actually wanted more lessons! We ended up booking a 5-class package and do not regret it at all. It was a new experience for us, learning how to dance as a pair and it was a really good one. First of all, I thought our communication was already good between each other but this dance class was something entirely new. Thus, we learned a new way to communicate with each other. Highly recommend couples to take a dance class together even if only for that reason. Secondly, Christine was great. She never pressured us to do anything but would give suggestions and let us think about whether or not we wanted to add another level of complexity to our dance. She respected our decisions and also understood how we were as a couple and that was really great. Highly recommend anyone interested in taking a dance class with her to do it! She’s really awesome and easy to work with. She knows her stuff!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tram D

My fiance really wanted to do a choreographed first dance, but we were 2 weeks out from our wedding. We had to find a place fast!! Christine was very accommodating and very up front about her schedule. Best value would have been to do the 5 classes, but due to the short time... Read More frame she suggested 3 classes. When we arrived, it was great that it was a private session. My fiance use to be a dance group so i was very insecure if I could keep up him with yet alone wouldnt want to embarrass myself in front of other people. We didnt have a song coming in, but we knew what genre and type of music we wanted. After a few of Christine's suggestions, we came up with a great song. Christine looks so graceful when she dances!!. We looked like mechanical robots! We were determined to figure it out. She has the greatest amount of patience and knows her stuff. Coming up to the 3rd class, we were still a bit rocky and she suggested we focus on fewer steps. We would not have it and begged her to fit us in for the additional 2 classes. Due to the strict timeline, she graciously allowed for the 3rd and 4th class to be an hour and half long. By our last class we felt more comfortable with the moves and were ready to wow our audience. Christine also helped us with the grand entrance and told us do and donts! She choreographed movements that were picture and video worthy. Came to show time and there were a few hiccups but Christine's helpful cues and reminders made them seamless. Nobody knew except me and my fiance! When it came to the finale (we had a lift), we had people hootin and hollaring!! Our friend told us he loved our dance and looked like we spent a lot of time and effort into it. I am so happy that my fiance wanted to do the dance. It was a great experience getting to know him better and we both learned patience with each other. I am even more so happy that he chose CM Dance Company. Christine not only reads your body and movements to make sure you look great while dancing, but she will adjust the movements to your skill set. Trust in her experience. You will not go wrong.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Hannah D

Christine was so amazing! She taught my husband and I the most beautiful dance for our wedding. She is patient and knows how to work with people at all levels. My husband had never danced before, and I only knew a bit. We were an inexperienced couple and she made us look like... Read More pros! I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Katelynn M

Christine is absolutely AMAZING!! My husband and I waited to book dance lessons until the week before our wedding - of course :) Christine was able to get us in for three lessons just days before the wedding and it was so worth it. She is wonderful and made us feel comfortable... Read More and most importantly, we had fun! We weren't looking for anything super choreographed and she nailed it in terms of getting us looking like we knew what we were doing and were able to enjoy ourselves as well. We had so much fun we are looking into taking more lessons to learn different styles of dance! Our first dance was flawless and we are so happy we found CM Dance Company! If you are looking for someone who is super accommodating, easy to learn from and will give you the picture perfect pose worthy first dance, look no further :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tan H

It's wondering working with Christine. She wants nothing but success for her clients! Christine will work with the couple to make the dance fun and doable.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ryan H

Christine was awesome. We were only able to get 2 lessons in before the wedding, but she helped us prepare enough that we were confident we could pull off our dance and look like we actually knew what we were doing. Neither of us had any dancing background before we met... Read More Christine and when we found out that my bride had a bad case of 2 left feet, Christine quickly shifted the routine we had started to ensure we would be able to have a polished dance at the end of our lessons. I highly recommend Christine to anyone looking to gain confidence for their big day, even if you only have the time to take 1 or 2 lessons.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Thao H

Christine is an amazing teacher. It was our first time taking dance lessons together, and she was very patient and supportive regardless of our constant mistakes. She choreographed our dance to our level and provided us a small video of one of our lessons to review at home. We... Read More had a theme for our wedding which she creatively took into consideration. If you're having a themed wedding or are planning to wear a specific costume, I recommend you letting her know ahead of time so she can plan accordingly. She even taught us how to do some small modifications to our dance just in case we make a mistake on our big day. And, at the day of our wedding, we did have a small mishap at the beginning of the dance. However, through her guidance, we made the modifications and know one even knew it had happen!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily M

Christine has been a joy to work with to learn our first dance! She is filled with positive energy and knowledge when choreographing the perfect moves for the song we have picked. We are thankful to have found Christine and are looking forward to our dance on our special day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lauren H

Let me start this review with this. I'm a professional dancer (danced with a dance company for 8 years). So, when it came time to put together my first dance for my wedding I wasn't worried. In fact, this was one of MY FAVORITE parts of planning the wedding. However, my husband... Read More was terrified. He hasn't danced a day in his life and pretty much has zero coordination and rhythm. Enter the amazing Christine and CM Dance company! I found Christine through reviews on Yelp and people had nothing but positive things to say. So, we had an initial meeting with her to talk through our wedding and first dance ideas. We immediately bonded with Christine! After about 10 minutes of explaining our wedding, the vintage theme and the close-knit meaningful experience we wanted to create for our guests and our dance, she instantly got it and we were able to dive right into the choreography of lesson 1. We bought the 5-pack of wedding lessons and man was it worth it! Christine put together wonderful choreography that showed off my style as a professional dancer but was easy and simple enough for my husband to learn as well. Christine's style is awesome as she completely customizes each dance lesson based on the couple. I was shocked at how easily she pivoted her teaching style between me with my professional dance experience and my husband with ZERO dance experience. She was such a good teacher, that my husband ended up actually WANTING to dance. Now he keeps searching for excuses for us to be in situations where he can whip out his newfound dance moves. I NEVER thought I would see the day he would tell me to get on the dance floor. Thanks for that extra bonus Christine! At the end of it all, she put together a beautiful 2-song dance for us that literally captured and expressed the essence of us coming together as husband and wife. That's the best part about Christine, she doesn't put together a choreographed polished dance that feels stiff, rigid and not you. She builds off your energy, personality, and skills. We had a small wedding where we wanted it to be intimate, meaningful and genuine and she created a dance that reflected just that. We literally BLEW OUR GUEST'S MINDS at the wedding. People were so shocked at my husband and his new found dance moves and the dance truly was a physical expression that told the story of us. I couldn't have been happier! In fact, we ADORED Christine so much that we snuck my parents in for a quick lesson with her before the big day. They were dance rockstars and their moves were so good that when they starting dancing with everyone else, people naturally created a giant circle around them and stared in awe! I would highly highly recommend Christine to anyone who wants to look great on the dance floor, have fun and truly tell the story of your love through dance!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan G

We had a wonderful experience at CM Dance Company-- Christine is the best! We did the 5 pack of lessons for our first dance, and are so glad we did. Christine helped us to plan a dance that not only fits our song, but also is perfectly tailored for our dance and comfort level.... Read More We feel so much more confident and excited about our first dance now at our wedding (which is coming up in a few days!) Christine even helped us to plan a short surprise dance, where she edited the song and helped us have a plan for our wedding party to join in! We are thrilled with our lessons and highly recommend for others!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jessica M

We were referred to CM dance company by our friends for dance lessons for our first dance at our wedding. We signed up for the 5- lesson package which was enough time to learn our dance. Christine also choreographed a second fun dance for us at our request. Looking back, I wish... Read More we would've contacted her sooner so that we could really perfect our dances and maybe have even made it more difficult. My husband and I aren't dancers, but Christine was very patient and worked with our skill level. The first dance means a lot and it was great that we were able to actually dance instead of just sway back and forth. We highly recommend Christine for your dancing needs! It's a great bonding activity between you and your fiancé as well!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016

Christine was a wonderful instructor! We had a vision that was very ambitious for the timeframe we had, and she helped us narrow it down to something that was do-able. She listens to ideas and tries to incorporate them in the routine. She understands that the couple are not... Read More dancers and will help you perform something fit for your skill level so that you will look good, perform well, and most of all, have fun! We had fun during our lessons, and more importantly, had fun performing for our guests. Our guests were very impressed and enjoyed the routine.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Anna S

My husband and I hired Christine to help us with our first dance. I can't speak for my husband, but I have twp left feet and generally dislike dancing (because of the 2 left feet). We gave Christine our song and she was able to cut it down to the perfect length and... Read More choreographed it so that it was something we could do comfortably that didn't look like the middle school shuffle. She takes things like room layout and where the audience is going to be into account in putting together the routine to ensure our photographer can get great shots (and she did!) Christine was about to go on maternity leave when we hired her so we had very limited time. Despite that, she was extremely flexible with our work schedule. When I had to leave the country unexpectedly, she made time for us in order to make sure we got our lessons in. We also had a couple of lessons with our parents. While my husband's mom was easy to work with, my dad was another story. He was coming from Taiwan 2 weeks before the wedding, so we could only get 1 lesson in with him. Things got very stressful as my dad wouldn't listen to Christine's instructions and kept doing his own thing, which made it extremely difficult since I'm not a natural dancer. I eventually had a total emotional meltdown and stepped out of the room. Christine anticipated all of this from experience, worked her magic, and somehow got my dad to listen, and we walked out of that lesson smiling. I can't say enough how great Christine is, how incredibly dedicated and thoughtful she is to her students, and how fortunate we were to have been able to work with her.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

We are so happy we found Christine to teach us how to dance and choreograph our wedding dance. She was always smiling, she was very patient and she knows what she is doing. She choreographs the dance, teaches the dance and then helps to perfect the dance, to the best of the... Read More dancers abilities. Now that we know our special wedding dance, we want to continue taking lessons with Christine so we don’t lose everything we have learned. Our dance was a total surprise to our family and guests. Everyone was very surprised and LOVED our dance. We weren’t even nervous. It was so much fun! Thanks Christine!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Tammy S

Christine makes sure you feel comfortable when you are dancing! We are so glad we had taken our first dance lessons with her. We had so many compliments from our guests, and my husband and I enjoyed dancing ourselves as well. Thank you Christine!!

Christine Maldonado

Christine Maldonado is a dance choreographer, performing arts educator and yoga instructor from San Jose, Ca. Christine holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in Dance with a minor in musical theatre from San Jose State University. Along with her extensive background in the performing arts, her instruction is supported by her personal practice and teacher training in yoga. She is trained in a heart-centered approach to alignment-based hatha yoga and has also received additional training in prenatal, postnatal and yoga for children. She loves teaching movement and dance.