Bringing exceptional entertainment to your wedding

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for taking the time to check out our profile. Our goal is to be the very best at what we do and to make each moment of your Big Day magical, exciting and memorable. The DJ is a direct reflection of the host so when a client books the entertainment for their event they expect the very best. They want someone to put in the same amount of effort they did it putting the event together and to deliver. If you’re looking for a professional DJ with years of experience and a ton of verified reviews then please give us a call at (252) 573-0161 or use the contact tab on our website. Thank you for considering us for your event, we look forward to hearing from you.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

2013 Edenton Street , Kill Devil Hills, NC Outer Banks, Wilmington, Greenville, Raleigh, N.C. (252) 573-0161

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Brittany H

Coastal DJ & Video were absolutely AMAZING at The Hilgendorf Wedding @ The Grande Ritz Palm in Duck, NC! We met George at the Bridal Expo and he was great to work with during the entire planning process. Our DJ, Julian, was one of the best DJ’s EVER! He was fun, energetic and... Read More played a PERFECT mix of songs. He also had phenomenal DJ Skills; he always kept you guessing about what song was coming next and led into the song with an awesome beat (I am definitely not a DJ but I think he used a turntable to create those incredible sounds and effects; he is very talented!) The placement of the uplighting around the property was FABULOUS. It turned The Grande Ritz Palm into a PARTY! The lights were not overdone and were perfect for the setting. We loved the lighted monogram on the pool/house- such a nice touch for a wedding! Everyone in the South loves a monogram ;)A BIG thank you to George & DJ Julian for a FUN evening! I would highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video for your next event!

2017-06-05T23:24:39 Response from the vendor

Now this was a party! So much fun all night long. The Grande Ritz Palm is the place for a wedding in Duck, N.C. We loved the design of the monogram "Name in Lights". The color you chose for the uplights was perfect with your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Megan D

Coastal DJ & Video was an absolute life-saver for us! Not only did they provide an awesome set of music and lights to accompany our wedding and after party, but their customer service, fun attitude, and planning tools made them by FAR my favorite vendor for our wedding. Yes, our... Read More BEST vendor. Better than the food, the pictures, and even the flowers. George, with Coastal DJ & Video, provided me with personal calls to make sure everything was in order before our wedding. He also went above and beyond and really understood the mood and music we were looking for during each different section of our wedding. After our discussions, I didn’t worry about the music again at all. I was 100% confident in the DJ, and it was the single aspect of the day that went perfect. Not to mention, the company’s planning tools and online portal was an absolute life-saver! Because of the helpful online forms, music request portal, and extensive timeline creation tools, we had a timeframe backbone to build off of, which was crucial for me as a DIY/no-idea-what-I’m-doing bride. I can’t recommend George and everyone else at Coastal DJ & Video enough. I promise you, you will be glad you went with them!

2017-06-13T14:31:59 Response from the vendor

Wow! Megan, Thank you so much for the compliments. I'm honored first off that I was chosen to help with the entertainment for your wedding. We really strive to make sure each aspect of someone's special day is met. Thank you again for choosing Coastal... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Lauren T

We had our wedding at Summer Moon in Corolla, NC... George was our DJ for the night and he was SO awesome!! We had a full dance floor the whole night.. there was never a slow moment. He helped make our reception perfect! George was professional and was easy to work with.... Read More Never had an issue getting in touch with him and he was flexible with planning times to talk. Very happy with our decision to use Coastal DJ :) highly recommend them! (my sister used them for her wedding 3 years ago and they also had a great wedding)

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Claire F

Working with George was a breeze. Leading up to our big day, he was very responsive to all our questions with prompt and informative replies. The planning website the company uses is really great, letting you add music requests, timelines, and other important information with... Read More ease. The day of was just wonderful and George kept the pace of the music perfectly! Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend Coastal DJ!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kimberly B

Thanks to Coastal DJ and Video, everyone had a blast dancing on our wedding night! DJ Casey was fantastic and played all the right songs to get everyone (old and young) on the dance floor. I loved the client tools beforehand that allowed us to think of songs and add them to our... Read More request list at anytime before the wedding. DJ Casey was also great at working with my wedding planner when times of certain events had to change a little.

2017-06-09T17:00:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your wedding. Casey raved about how much fun he had with your group the night of your wedding. We also appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Congratulations to you again! Thanks... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jessica O

We had DJ Casey for our wedding reception at the Sea Ranch Resort in Kill Devil Hills. What an incredible night! He kept everyone up and dancing (and even joined in with us a couple times!) He did a great job with the song list and playing just what everyone wanted! I know... Read More everyone had a blast, even my 80 year old grandmother was dancing! I would definitely recommend Coastal DJ to anyone! Thanks so much to DJ Casey for helping to make our wedding night one to remember!

2017-06-05T23:17:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks you Jessica and Brandon for an awesome night at The Sea Ranch Resort. Your OBX Wedding was nothing short of epic. We try to entertain to the best of our ability. Casey's motto, "The Bride gets what she wants on wedding day!" Congratulations and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jordan H

Coastal DJ was the best DJ I have ever heard. He played music that appealed to everyone of all ages, kept the dance floor filled and was very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend for any occasion!

2017-06-01T14:43:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jordan and Maxwell for the opportunity with your wedding last weekend in Corolla, N.C. We all had a blast the whole night with all your friends. The dance floor was packed because of your awesome playlist. I'm happy that I was available to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Linda G

Highly recommend Coastal DJ!

2017-06-05T23:20:32 Response from the vendor

You guys were very complimentary the night of your wedding. Congratulations again and thank you for choosing Coastal DJ & Video.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Caitlin S

George was very professional, and called me a few days before the wedding to make sure all the song selections I had made we the correct version of the song, he also was very responsive to phone calls, I never had to wait very long for him to call me back. He worked well on... Read More the fly when we had to change the line up for announcements, and also when we changed the song list slightly. George was great to work with.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Emily H

We can't say enough great things about Jacob and the job he did DJing our wedding on 9/9/1016. From the time we first met with Jacob to the day of our wedding, Jacob was very helpful in making sure our day was perfect. He was super organized at the reception and played great... Read More music to keep our family and friends on the dance floor. Jacob is very passionate about his work and takes great pride in making sure things run smooth for all involved. I would highly recommend Jacob for a wedding or any party that needs a great DJ/MC.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Taylor F

I'm from Ohio having an Outer Banks wedding. I found George through theknot.com and he has helped me out tremendously.

2017-02-02T14:47:06 Response from the vendor

Your wedding is going to be awesome! Thank so much for choosing Coastal DJ & Video.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Brooke B

My husband and I really enjoyed having George play our wedding in Wilmington! We felt strongly that we wanted a veteran wedding DJ and he did not disappoint. He helped direct our large wedding party, played the music we asked, and was happy to play some hard-to-find songs. On a... Read More personal note, I suggest including ceremony music with your DJ. That really made a difference. We highly recommend him and his business for your special day.

2016-12-09T11:47:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brooke. You guys were great to work with and your reception at The Coastline Conference Center was amazing! We loved the GO CUBS GO theme song and enjoyed all the requests that everyone made throughout the evening. Congratulations and thank you for choosing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Meredith L

We began working with George only 4 months before our wedding date and the proffesionalism and responsiveness was fantastic from start to finish. We contracted audio for the ceremony for a beach wedding and the quality was phenomenal, they also provided the music for the... Read More ceremony and reception which was lovely but it was really our DJ who made the event. To top it all off we finally decided to spend the money for the photo booth and it was just amazing. We captured moments that we would never have gotten without it. This team goes above and beyond to take care of their customers and navigate all the situations that inevitably pop up.

2017-02-02T14:48:20 Response from the vendor

We loved everything about your wedding. We love what we do and thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Tori B

Absolutely amazing Dj service! Made our wedding that much better! Our Dj Casey even jumped in the pool with the bridal party!!!!!

2016-12-07T20:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tori for an awesome experience in working with you and Michael at The Dream Maker event home in Ocean Isle, N.C. Casey raved about how much fun he had DJing your wedding. Yes, he even mentioned jumping in the pool with the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Morgan B

DJ George was phenomenal! From the beginning he was so helpful in the planning process! He was always there to answer any questions and make sure we had everything we were wishing for in our DJ. The ceremony music was beautifully played and the sound quality for the... Read More microphones and music were perfect! Planning the wedding I knew that our family and friends were very laid back people that don't typically get out on the dance floor, so I was a little nervous how it would turn out. DJ George knew exactly what to play and when to play songs that got the guests I never would have imagined on the dance floor! Our guests by the end of the night and into the next couple of days kept commenting on how awesome our DJ was! I can't thank Coastal DJ and DJ George enough for making our day so special and fun! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Amy M

George DJed our wedding two weeks ago and I can not say enough amazing things! He was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and blew us away at the cocktail hour and Reception at Cross+Main. The music was perfect (both volume and song choice), he keep the party going... Read More and was just great! I highly recommend Coastal DJ toanyone looking to have a stress free fun night of catching up with family and dancing!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Lisa G

When my husband and I planned the music for our wedding reception, we never expected that as much of our family and friends would come out on the floor and dance, but DJ Casey from Coastal DJ & Video made that happen. He was so energetic and fun that you couldn't help be drawn... Read More out to have a good time! We can't express enough how awesome DJ Casey made our ceremony & reception! Prior to the event, working with George was also an awesome experience. The music portal that they set up for us gave us the opportunity to plan the event easily, and when we had questions, George always answered his phone, even into the evenings. Thank you guys so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Tyesha S

CoastalDJ is a great choice. Our DJ was Adrian and he did an awesome job of keeping the guests on the dance floor, played music flawlessly, was super flexible and even got on the dance floor to help lead the electric slide because we had people going in all directions! He also... Read More downloaded my WedPics app and added a lot of really great pictures during the night which was priceless since the next day you are eager to see pictures. During the prep I also worked a lot with the owner George and he was a pleasure to work with also! He answered all of my questions and even recommended some awesome vendors in the OBX area since at the time I hadn't hired a wedding planner yet. Great crew! Great choice for your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Shelley F

We were so impressed by the music at our wedding! It was a pleasure working with George. I appreciated his quick responses and he was very patient with us when we submitted our final selections just a couple days before the wedding. Our guests kept telling us how much they loved... Read More the music that was played and we have never seen my husband's dad on a dance floor before that night:). We had an absolute blast!!! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brian G

I highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video! George was recommended to us by the Hilton and was the first person we contacted. We knew right away that we wanted him to be our DJ. George was so helpful in setting up the schedule and helping us with the flow of the wedding. The... Read More website made it so fun and easy to set up a wedding playlist and timeline for our big day. Our reception was a huge hit! George played everything that we wanted to hear and our guests spent most of the night on the dance floor which is exactly what we wanted. Definitely call Coastal DJ & Video if you're planning an OBX wedding, you ! Thanks so much George! - Brian & Holly

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Samantha H

Our wedding/reception musician canceled two weeks before our wedding. I contacted every OBX DJ as soon as I heard and Coastal DJ came to our rescue. George called me within an hour and said he could help us out. DJ Nogui was AMAZING! He was so sweet and kept the party going all... Read More night long. We were actually happy the situation turned out the way it did. I highly recommend Coastal DJ/DJ Nogui. Thanks for coming to our rescue, Samantha and Randy Woolf

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Vashti B

Coastal DJ and Video was my now-husband's wedding gift to me. It took our beachfront home reception from a nice affair to an event. The online forms were great in helping us choose songs for different parts of the night, and I loved that we could also tell him songs we did NOT... Read More want played. Another nice part was George giving our guests a heads up that something was coming up - for example, he told them that the cake cutting would be in 2 songs, so our guests weren't rushing around or missing a key part of our night. He was polite, extremely professional, and just a lot of fun to work with. You will never regret using Coastal DJ and Video for any event!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Michelle B

We loved Karl and Coastal DJ & Video! I first talked with George, the owner, about our plans for the wedding day. He made great suggestions for sound equipment, was honest about what would work and what would not, and was very reasonably priced. He put us in touch with Karl... Read More Mohr, one of his DJs, who did an outstanding job! Although I talked with Karl on the phone a few times, when I met him in person, what really stuck out to me was how cool, calm, and collected he really is, with a great knowledge of current, Top 20 hits, taking requests and trying to fit them in at the right time, and being super friendly. And...he kept the party alive until the last song! We loved working with him and he made our day unforgettable. Thank you, Karl, George, and Coastal DJ & Video!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

I highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video!! I came across them on Wedding Wire and George was very quick to respond. We live in Maryland and he was very accommodating and scheduled a phone call with us. We knew right away that we wanted him to DJ our wedding. It was clear that he... Read More wanted our wedding to be about US and what we want -- and he did just that! Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, George was SO fast to respond to any questions that we had via email, and their website made it so fun and easy to set up a wedding playlist and timeline for the big day. On our wedding day, everything was perfect. George played everything that we wanted to hear and our guests spent most of the night on the dance floor which is exactly what we wanted. If you're planning an OBX wedding, you definitely want Coastal DJ & Video! Thanks, George! :) -Kacey

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

George Wainwright took care of us from the beginning to end of our daughter's wedding and reception. Always responsive with a phone call back instead of an email for any questions we may have had during the planning period. He provided everything my daughter wanted for her... Read More wedding and reception at Jeanette's Pier .... great professional job! We would highly recommend George...we are thankful our wedding planner recommended him to us. Awesome job George!!

George Wainwright

George began entertaining crowds at age 19, and after 25 years he is still doing what he does best. George is one of the most sought after DJ and Emcee’s in the state, and has been rocking hundreds of events ever since. “What I love the most about what I do are the great people that I get to meet and work with. A wedding is one of the most special days of someone’s life they will experience. When planning an event of such importance, you deserve the very best. My goal is to help you create the memories that will last a lifetime.”