Coastal DJ and Video

Outer Banks, Wilmington, Greenville, Raleigh, N.C.

Bringing exceptional entertainment to your wedding

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for taking the time to check out our profile. Our goal is to be the very best at what we do and to make each moment of your Big Day magical, exciting and memorable. The DJ is a direct reflection of the host so when a client books the entertainment for their event they expect the very best. They want someone to put in the same amount of effort they did it putting the event together and to deliver. If you’re looking for a professional DJ with years of experience and a ton of verified reviews then please give us a call at (252) 573-0161 or use the contact tab on our website. Thank you for considering us for your event, we look forward to hearing from you.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

2013 Edenton Street , Kill Devil Hills, NC Outer Banks, Wilmington, Greenville, Raleigh, N.C. (252) 573-0161

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Brittany H

Coastal DJ & Video were absolutely AMAZING at The Hilgendorf Wedding @ The Grande Ritz Palm in Duck, NC! We met George at the Bridal Expo and he was great to work with during the entire planning process. Our DJ, Julian, was one of the best DJ’s EVER! He was fun, energetic and... Read More played a PERFECT mix of songs. He also had phenomenal DJ Skills; he always kept you guessing about what song was coming next and led into the song with an awesome beat (I am definitely not a DJ but I think he used a turntable to create those incredible sounds and effects; he is very talented!) The placement of the uplighting around the property was FABULOUS. It turned The Grande Ritz Palm into a PARTY! The lights were not overdone and were perfect for the setting. We loved the lighted monogram on the pool/house- such a nice touch for a wedding! Everyone in the South loves a monogram ;)A BIG thank you to George & DJ Julian for a FUN evening! I would highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video for your next event!

2017-06-05T23:24:39 Response from the vendor

Now this was a party! So much fun all night long. The Grande Ritz Palm is the place for a wedding in Duck, N.C. We loved the design of the monogram "Name in Lights". The color you chose for the uplights was perfect with your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jamey J

We had our wedding at Sanderling and George was our DJ from Coastal DJ for the night and he was amazing. He did music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He got the party started and was so easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kelly A

We had the best night ever with Mathew Styles as out DJ! He was so easy going and kept the party going too! We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Stacy M

We used Coastal DJ and Video as our DJ for our Ocean Isle Beach wedding at Southern Comfort Beach Home. DJ Casey was our "official" DJ for the event and everything was PERFECT (which is something I never thought I would say about my wedding). From the time I first inquired... Read More with them to the actual event I was impressed with their personal touch and professionalism. I always received a response in a timely manner, they added a personal touch to my wedding, and Casey was able to read my wedding guests to a "T" and provide an experience not only for me, but for them as well. They gave me a platform to add songs, subtract songs, and make changes all the way up to the day of my actual wedding. I was put in touch with my DJ (Casey) a few days before my wedding and was able to speak with him about what genre of music I like. To be honest, I love music... all different kinds...and Casey was able to speak with me and calm my fears about having to pick specific songs for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing - because let's be honest... I had a lot of things going through my head! He conjured up the perfect compilation of songs for each portion of our wedding and included the few specific songs that I did pick out :) It was absolutely awesome and everyone had a great time! They were so nice and accommodating and I would absolutely highly recommend them to anyone in search of a great DJ and an amazing time!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Carmen R

I was very pleased with the DJ for my wedding! He was professional and played the songs that was requested.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Nicole A

George absolutely crushed it and he was SO easy to work with!! The website he uses made it so easy and convenient to plan and he went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect! He was so attentive to all the details which was very important to me. For example, we had... Read More special instructions for our introduction song (Enter sandman- a VT Hokie tradition) and he nailed it! I couldn't be happier and I am so glad he was a part of our big day!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Megan G

My husband and I got married two weekends ago at Jennette's Pier and used George Wainwright as our DJ for the wedding. He was absolutely AMAZING!!! He made wedding planning completely stress-free, which was key for me as the bride-to-be. He always answered emails right away and... Read More provided an online application which made it super easy to create a playlist and wedding timeline. When it came time for the wedding, George exceeded my expectations by playing all of my requested songs at the perfect times! He had smooth transitions in between tracks and timed everything perfectly to keep a continuous flow of music. During the reception, he was able to get our guests up and dancing, despite it being a small wedding with under 50 guests. Everyone had a great time and could not stop bragging about our awesome DJ! I would highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video for your next event! :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth K

George came through for Liz and I when we were dropped by our DJ at the last minute. George showed us nothing but love and made sure to do everything he could to make our wedding run smoothly. From the ceremony, to dinner, to the reception that had our guest on their feet until... Read More our send off, George provided a service that can't be matched. The guests made several comments about how amazing the DJ was and the awesome songs that were pIaying! If you're looking for a DJ in the coastal area of NC, I would 100% recommend Coastal DJ and Video!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Megan D

Coastal DJ & Video was an absolute life-saver for us! Not only did they provide an awesome set of music and lights to accompany our wedding and after party, but their customer service, fun attitude, and planning tools made them by FAR my favorite vendor for our wedding. Yes, our... Read More BEST vendor. Better than the food, the pictures, and even the flowers. George, with Coastal DJ & Video, provided me with personal calls to make sure everything was in order before our wedding. He also went above and beyond and really understood the mood and music we were looking for during each different section of our wedding. After our discussions, I didn’t worry about the music again at all. I was 100% confident in the DJ, and it was the single aspect of the day that went perfect. Not to mention, the company’s planning tools and online portal was an absolute life-saver! Because of the helpful online forms, music request portal, and extensive timeline creation tools, we had a timeframe backbone to build off of, which was crucial for me as a DIY/no-idea-what-I’m-doing bride. I can’t recommend George and everyone else at Coastal DJ & Video enough. I promise you, you will be glad you went with them!

2017-06-13T14:31:59 Response from the vendor

Wow! Megan, Thank you so much for the compliments. I'm honored first off that I was chosen to help with the entertainment for your wedding. We really strive to make sure each aspect of someone's special day is met. Thank you again for choosing Coastal... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Lauren T

We had our wedding at Summer Moon in Corolla, NC... George was our DJ for the night and he was SO awesome!! We had a full dance floor the whole night.. there was never a slow moment. He helped make our reception perfect! George was professional and was easy to work with.... Read More Never had an issue getting in touch with him and he was flexible with planning times to talk. Very happy with our decision to use Coastal DJ :) highly recommend them! (my sister used them for her wedding 3 years ago and they also had a great wedding)

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Claire F

Working with George was a breeze. Leading up to our big day, he was very responsive to all our questions with prompt and informative replies. The planning website the company uses is really great, letting you add music requests, timelines, and other important information with... Read More ease. The day of was just wonderful and George kept the pace of the music perfectly! Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend Coastal DJ!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kimberly B

Thanks to Coastal DJ and Video, everyone had a blast dancing on our wedding night! DJ Casey was fantastic and played all the right songs to get everyone (old and young) on the dance floor. I loved the client tools beforehand that allowed us to think of songs and add them to our... Read More request list at anytime before the wedding. DJ Casey was also great at working with my wedding planner when times of certain events had to change a little.

2017-06-09T17:00:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your wedding. Casey raved about how much fun he had with your group the night of your wedding. We also appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Congratulations to you again! Thanks... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jessica O

We had DJ Casey for our wedding reception at the Sea Ranch Resort in Kill Devil Hills. What an incredible night! He kept everyone up and dancing (and even joined in with us a couple times!) He did a great job with the song list and playing just what everyone wanted! I know... Read More everyone had a blast, even my 80 year old grandmother was dancing! I would definitely recommend Coastal DJ to anyone! Thanks so much to DJ Casey for helping to make our wedding night one to remember!

2017-06-05T23:17:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks you Jessica and Brandon for an awesome night at The Sea Ranch Resort. Your OBX Wedding was nothing short of epic. We try to entertain to the best of our ability. Casey's motto, "The Bride gets what she wants on wedding day!" Congratulations and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jordan H

Coastal DJ was the best DJ I have ever heard. He played music that appealed to everyone of all ages, kept the dance floor filled and was very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend for any occasion!

2017-06-01T14:43:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jordan and Maxwell for the opportunity with your wedding last weekend in Corolla, N.C. We all had a blast the whole night with all your friends. The dance floor was packed because of your awesome playlist. I'm happy that I was available to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Linda G

Highly recommend Coastal DJ!

2017-06-05T23:20:32 Response from the vendor

You guys were very complimentary the night of your wedding. Congratulations again and thank you for choosing Coastal DJ & Video.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Caitlin S

George was very professional, and called me a few days before the wedding to make sure all the song selections I had made we the correct version of the song, he also was very responsive to phone calls, I never had to wait very long for him to call me back. He worked well on... Read More the fly when we had to change the line up for announcements, and also when we changed the song list slightly. George was great to work with.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Emily H

We can't say enough great things about Jacob and the job he did DJing our wedding on 9/9/1016. From the time we first met with Jacob to the day of our wedding, Jacob was very helpful in making sure our day was perfect. He was super organized at the reception and played great... Read More music to keep our family and friends on the dance floor. Jacob is very passionate about his work and takes great pride in making sure things run smooth for all involved. I would highly recommend Jacob for a wedding or any party that needs a great DJ/MC.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Taylor F

I'm from Ohio having an Outer Banks wedding. I found George through theknot.com and he has helped me out tremendously.

2017-02-02T14:47:06 Response from the vendor

Your wedding is going to be awesome! Thank so much for choosing Coastal DJ & Video.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Brooke B

My husband and I really enjoyed having George play our wedding in Wilmington! We felt strongly that we wanted a veteran wedding DJ and he did not disappoint. He helped direct our large wedding party, played the music we asked, and was happy to play some hard-to-find songs. On a... Read More personal note, I suggest including ceremony music with your DJ. That really made a difference. We highly recommend him and his business for your special day.

2016-12-09T11:47:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brooke. You guys were great to work with and your reception at The Coastline Conference Center was amazing! We loved the GO CUBS GO theme song and enjoyed all the requests that everyone made throughout the evening. Congratulations and thank you for choosing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Meredith L

We began working with George only 4 months before our wedding date and the proffesionalism and responsiveness was fantastic from start to finish. We contracted audio for the ceremony for a beach wedding and the quality was phenomenal, they also provided the music for the... Read More ceremony and reception which was lovely but it was really our DJ who made the event. To top it all off we finally decided to spend the money for the photo booth and it was just amazing. We captured moments that we would never have gotten without it. This team goes above and beyond to take care of their customers and navigate all the situations that inevitably pop up.

2017-02-02T14:48:20 Response from the vendor

We loved everything about your wedding. We love what we do and thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Tori B

Absolutely amazing Dj service! Made our wedding that much better! Our Dj Casey even jumped in the pool with the bridal party!!!!!

2016-12-07T20:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tori for an awesome experience in working with you and Michael at The Dream Maker event home in Ocean Isle, N.C. Casey raved about how much fun he had DJing your wedding. Yes, he even mentioned jumping in the pool with the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Morgan B

DJ George was phenomenal! From the beginning he was so helpful in the planning process! He was always there to answer any questions and make sure we had everything we were wishing for in our DJ. The ceremony music was beautifully played and the sound quality for the... Read More microphones and music were perfect! Planning the wedding I knew that our family and friends were very laid back people that don't typically get out on the dance floor, so I was a little nervous how it would turn out. DJ George knew exactly what to play and when to play songs that got the guests I never would have imagined on the dance floor! Our guests by the end of the night and into the next couple of days kept commenting on how awesome our DJ was! I can't thank Coastal DJ and DJ George enough for making our day so special and fun! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Amy M

George DJed our wedding two weeks ago and I can not say enough amazing things! He was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and blew us away at the cocktail hour and Reception at Cross+Main. The music was perfect (both volume and song choice), he keep the party going... Read More and was just great! I highly recommend Coastal DJ toanyone looking to have a stress free fun night of catching up with family and dancing!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Lisa G

When my husband and I planned the music for our wedding reception, we never expected that as much of our family and friends would come out on the floor and dance, but DJ Casey from Coastal DJ & Video made that happen. He was so energetic and fun that you couldn't help be drawn... Read More out to have a good time! We can't express enough how awesome DJ Casey made our ceremony & reception! Prior to the event, working with George was also an awesome experience. The music portal that they set up for us gave us the opportunity to plan the event easily, and when we had questions, George always answered his phone, even into the evenings. Thank you guys so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Tyesha S

CoastalDJ is a great choice. Our DJ was Adrian and he did an awesome job of keeping the guests on the dance floor, played music flawlessly, was super flexible and even got on the dance floor to help lead the electric slide because we had people going in all directions! He also... Read More downloaded my WedPics app and added a lot of really great pictures during the night which was priceless since the next day you are eager to see pictures. During the prep I also worked a lot with the owner George and he was a pleasure to work with also! He answered all of my questions and even recommended some awesome vendors in the OBX area since at the time I hadn't hired a wedding planner yet. Great crew! Great choice for your wedding DJ!

George Wainwright

George began entertaining crowds at age 19, and after 25 years he is still doing what he does best. George is one of the most sought after DJ and Emcee’s in the state, and has been rocking hundreds of events ever since. “What I love the most about what I do are the great people that I get to meet and work with. A wedding is one of the most special days of someone’s life they will experience. When planning an event of such importance, you deserve the very best. My goal is to help you create the memories that will last a lifetime.”