Collingswood Grand Ballroom

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in the beautiful, historic town of Collingswood, New Jersey, just minutes away from Philadelphia and within easy reach of New York and Delaware, the Collingswood Grand Ballroom offers couples an unmatched level of opulence and splendor for both ceremonies and receptions. The ballroom’s authentic 1920s decor transports guests back in time, invoking memories of the more sophisticated parties of yesteryear.

The Collingswood Grand Ballroom’s spacious interior features a wraparound mezzanine, which is adjoined to the ballroom by a grand staircase. This beautiful staircase makes a great spot for first-look photos and also allows the couple to make a grand entrance to the reception. The venue offers to-be-weds a choice of three different ceremony locations as well, including an idyllic outdoor location where couples can exchange vows on a lush green lawn under a canopy of trees. Collingswood Grand Ballroom can accommodate events of any style with up to 380 of your closest friends.

Ballroom. Stark white columns, magnificent chandeliers and rich cherry wood accents give the Collingswood Grand Ballroom an air of class and sophistication. A large dance floor and colorful accent lighting help transform the place for a night of dancing.

Mezzanine. Standing on the upper mezzanine level, guests can gaze down at the action on the dance floor. Decorated in the same tasteful style as the lower level, the mezzanine also makes a great spot for the newlywed couple to sneak away for a quiet chat or quick kiss.

Collingswood Grand Ballroom provides couples with an exclusive level of service, only holding one event per day to ensure you won’t have to share restrooms or the parking lot with others. The venue provides nearly everything you need for a stress-free wedding planning experience, including event coordination and a day-of onsite manage. All tables, chairs, linens, silverware and glassware are included and set up and cleaning is handled by the venue.

The venue also handles all food and beverage catering. Drinks are provided by the ballroom itself while couples can choose the caterer from the venue’s list of approved caterers. This list includes a wide range of cuisines, including traditional wedding fare, as well as kosher and Indian caterers.

Couples who choose the Collingswood Grand Ballroom for their wedding can rest assured that everything will run smoothly from planning to execution. To help take some of the stress out of planning or to make your day more special, the venue also provides all of the following perks and upgrades.

• Tables, chairs, linens, silverware and glassware provided
  • Option to upgrade to chiavari chairs or specialty linens
  • Optional martini bar with your own signature cocktail
  • Coffee espresso bar with cordials
  • Complimentary champagne toast
  • Photo booth rental
  • Customized monogram on the dance floor
  • Ambient uplighting, pin lighting on the tables or projected ceiling lights available

Grand Ballroom and Historic Mansion

Classic elegance showcasing a wrap around Mezzanine level overlooking the opulent Ballroom. Grand staircase offers ease of movement between both levels as well as a dramatic introduction. Ceremonies can be held in three unique locations. Exquisite cuisine featured by Starr Events.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

315 White Horse Pike, Collingswood, NJ (856) 858-1000
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Most Amazing Night!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Jen

I absolutely fell in love with the Collingswood Ballroom from the moment I stepped into it. I knew it had to be our venue. The staff headed by Heather were incredibly accommodating and friendly. Our guests were awed by the gorgeous setting of the ballroom and how spacious it... Read More was. The staircase was really the show stopping piece in the room. If you are looking for something not cookie cutter, this is your venue.

Great place for a big wedding!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Erin C

The ballroom felt dramatic yet cozy with the giant 2 story ballroom and grand staircase. Cocktail hour took place upstairs, dinner downstairs. We had 180+ guests in this large space, and yet it still felt intimate. And the mansion in front, which becomes the bridal sweet, was... Read More amazing for photos.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Arianna C

This site is absolutely gorgeous - make sure you visit it before you brush it off! Everyone who came to the wedding was absolutely blown away by the place - the soaring ceilings, the beautiful staircase, the lush grounds far exceeded my expectations. The staff were wonderful -... Read More Heather didn't steer me wrong from the first moment my mom and I stepped in the place, and the catering company worked very closely with the Ballroom to bring everything together. Ample parking, handicapped accessible, my family from Philly were amazed at how close the location was to them (20 minute drive - there were definitely no complaints!). There were a few tears during the spotlight dance, it was the only venue that I had visited that had such a unique first dance! I can't say it enough - definitely a place to consider, I've been recommending it to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Nikki T

Everything about having our wedding here was perfect. We worked with Heather Meddings and she was extremely helpful. We really liked the option of a packaged deal with their preferred vendors. It was reassuring to work with other professionals who were already familiar with the... Read More ballroom and who were being referred by the ballroom. The setting made for beautiful pictures and the staff were so wonderful the day of. Nothing but positives. I would definitely recommend checking out the Collingswood Grand Ballroom for your wedding.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Nadine C

I wish I could give the Collingswood Grand Ballroom more stars. The stair case and the unique layout of the venue was something out of a fairy tail. My guest's were completely blown away. Heather, the event coordinator was sweet, prompt, accommodating and available to answer... Read More any/all of my questions and soothe my pre-wedding fears and jitters. Thank you so much. Thank you also to our attendants who made sure that our big day was flawless.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kate W

I can't say enough how happy we were the facilities and staff at the Grand Ballroom. Jerry and the other staff made sure we had everything needed before the wedding and of course the day of. They were extremely flexible and friendly. They went above and beyond what my friends... Read More at other wedding venues experienced. I am forever grateful for all their professionalism and kindness!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jen R

The Ballroom was the perfect venue for our wedding. They were accommodating about special requests- we set up a gaming table with an Xbox and TV's, and had costumed entertainers to dance with guests, and the ballroom handled it perfectly. The setting was gorgeous, the lighting... Read More was romantic, the balcony allowed for a killer first dance viewing area, the bar is beautiful and classy, the staircase really added a touch of elegant drama. It was spacious even for our 125 guests, and the dance floor was lovely, just the right size.

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Amanda A

The ballroom is absolutely stunning!! It is really nice because you can style it to your unique taste. The lighting added a great touch, as well as the monogram option. I would definitely recommend checking them out! One of the best parts about having my wedding there was... Read More that there was no other event going on that day. My guests had the parking lot fully to themselves and the ballroom was available all day to decorate. It definitely was a stress reliever! The only downfall would be the air conditioning. It was pretty warm, but then again it is an old building! It did not stop anyone from dancing the night away :)

Great staff beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kristina P

I absolutely loved our wedding venue at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom. The space was large enough to accommodate the large number of guests I had, without feeling too crowded. The upstairs cocktail hour and the stairs we made our grand entrance on were what sold us on the... Read More space. We got married outside on the grass under the big tree and it was perfect. The planning process was painless and Heather and the rest of the staff were always there to quickly respond to any inquiries I had. And most importantly, this venue was affordable. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Anya G

Wonderful in accommodations, and in ability to have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Kelly H

Once I saw the staircase on the website, I called to make an appointment to see the Ballroom. Once I saw the staircase myself I knew that was where I wanted to have my reception. In addition to the absolutely beautiful staircase, the Ballroom has so much character and was... Read More absolutely perfect for us. Heather and the staff at the Ballroom were so helpful and helped to make sure that it was the perfect day.

It's grand!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Gilda C

The first time I stepped into the ballroom, I fell in love with the place right away so I did not bother to check another place. It's a perfect place for my wedding! The staircase, two levels, huge dance floor, nice and clean bathroom, nice grounds for pictures.

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Kristen M

My husband and I were married at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom in July 2013. We used Summit catering and could not have been happier. Heather, from the ballroom, was great! She was there for everything and helped answer my questions along the way. The ballroom is a very... Read More beautiful place and does not require a lot of extra decoration. I would recommend the ballroom to others!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Caralyn C

I had my wedding reception at the Ballroom on May 25, 2013- I couldn't have been happier with EVERYTHING! The ballroom is beautiful, it comfortably held my 275 guests and 11 person band. The dance floor is large enough for everyone to be up and dancing without dancing ontop of... Read More each other. The ballroom coordinator, Heather is such a pleasure to work with- she was so accommodating to all my requests and she never made me feel like I was bothering her. She and Christina from Vitarelli's Catering work so well together and made my wedding flawless and the best day of my life. I highly recommend the Ballroom and Vitarelli's catering.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Brittany C

The Collingswood Ballroom is the perfect place to have a wedding! Heather was absolutely amazing! Everything was beyond our expectations and I would recommend anyone to have their affair here!

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Elizabeth F

Not only did they overexceed my expectations, but all guests were talking about the vendor for days! My brother has his own vodka and Barbara, the manager, made sure it was available to serve at each bar. Again they did an exceptional job.

Review for Collingswood Grand Ballroom

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tracey P

Very spacious; Had an upper level which looked down into the reception area; Has a beautiful staircase going down into the reception area;;Because the venue and caterer are separate entities, you may need to be on top of some coordination between the two (depending on how... Read More particular you are). This setup allows for great flexibility, but may cause a detail-oriented bride some extra stress.

Review for Collingswood Grand Ballroom

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Sharon M

It was unique and beautiful. It was centrally located and easy to get to. The staff was great to work with.