Coltivare Events

Coltivare offers several customizable and varied event space options. The Ballroom will accommodate catered events for over 250 guests. The Restaurant, with 110 seats, additionally houses The Wine Cellar, an intimate private dining room for up to 30 guests. Coltivare is one of the largest event venues in Tompkins County. Inspired by our Farm-to-Bistro concept, our modern industrial meets contemporary rustic design features reclaimed wood accents, tin-paneled "ceiling clouds," and vintage filament lighting fixtures. Locally inspired and inventively prepared, our made to order menus are also one of a kind. Our mission is to create lasting memories for each client. Chef-Inspired Menus + Creative Décor + Dedicated Service = Simply Magical

Ballroom, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

235 S Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY (607) 882-2332
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Nancy B

We had a brunch at Cultivate the morning after my daughter's wedding. Lauren helped us plan a very special event, tailored to include Latin American foods to represent our new son-in-law. It was a pleasure to work with her: she was willing to design a great menu and had... Read More delightful ideas to make our brunch memorable. The presentation was spectacular, and the room looked beautiful! Everything went smoothly and easily. Our guests enjoyed themselves and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Lauren and her staff were actively working the event, watching and replenishing everything, seeing to all of our wants and needs. I highly recommend Coltivare and its staff for an event without hesitation. This was well run, well staffed and the value for the cost was right on point.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017

We highly recommend Coltivare and Lauren for wedding events! Lauren consistently went above and beyond in exceeding all of our expectations in planning our special event. She met with us on multiple occasions, listened carefully, and combined our ideas with her own panache and... Read More the result was an amazing evening we will never forget. The venue was stunning and our guests were in awe throughout the evening. The floral arrangements, Lauren’s specialty, were perfect and the ambience was everything we could have hoped for. John was there to cover every contingency and was on the spot to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. The food was amazing, the bartenders were quick and personable, and Lauren was omnipresent. We would not hesitate to recommend Coltivare to our close friends and relatives.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Marcia G

From the planning stages to the actual event, the whole staff at Coltivars was outstanding. The food, the ambience and the service created a wonderful atmosphere for our son's rehearsal dinner.

2017-09-12T14:05:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Coltivare. It was a pleasure working with you, and congratulations!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Eve B

I was the mother of the groom charged with finding a brunch place and organizing it . I looked at many places in Ithaca . When I went to Coltivare I was impressed with the beauty and the cleanliness of the restaurant, The room was spacious with lots of windows and light and... Read More the incredible staff were all so very friendly ( with and without the most interesting mustaches) . Also there is free parking on weekends in the large public parking lot adjacent which was a big plus . The day I visited the restaurant months before the event, Sean took me on a tour of the whole place which is also a training site for Tompkins County community college with top notch classrooms and a culinary teaching laboratory in the back . I visited again and the executive chef showed me the site again . Staff are really proud of their workplace.! Lauren the event planner was amazing from the beginning and really helped smoothly and with no stress plan a perfect menu and the price was right ! A week before the brunch I called with final numbers that were nearly double and she calmly handled it . The day of the event I went over 30 minutes early and was delighted to see the room beautifully set up with flowers and linens, and comfortably arranged tables . The buffet was in the middle with access from both sides . The food was delicious and really well prepared and very plentiful . No steam tables were empty for the entire 2 hours . Everyone praised the venue , the food and the service . I am so happy I chose Colitivare for the brunch . Great food great professional service and great value !

2017-08-31T09:48:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Coltivare for your event. We loved sharing in your special weekend. So happy to hear you had a wonderful experience! We hope to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Sara L

We had our rehearsal dinner at Coltivare, and our friends said that it was better than most weddings that they had been to. First of all, the interior is beautiful. We opted for white chair covers for our dining chairs and with the tall ceilings and soft lighting, it really... Read More looked gorgeous. Second--THE FOOD! They worked with us to customize a menu that fit our budget and style. We had a lot of ("Foodie") friends coming from New York City, and they were raving about the food. It made us so happy! Also, I can't say enough about the level of service we got. The bartenders were charming and professional, and the events managers were there from start to finish. From the sound system to flowers, to dimming the lights, they made sure that everything was perfect. We really loved every moment of our rehearsal dinner, and Coltivare made it easy for us. I wish we could do it all over again!

2017-07-04T14:05:01 Response from the vendor

We so loved having you! You were an amazing couple to work with, and we wish you all the happiness in the world! Thank you for choosing Coltivare!

Meet The Events Director

Lauren Lowman

I have always believed that to succeed, you need to love what you do for a career. I started my event planning career in Class A buildings throughout the DC area, working with a variety of non-profit associations, government agencies and large corporations. In 2012, I relocated to the Ithaca area and stayed in the event industry focusing on floral design and weddings. I guided and collaborated with many couples using my artistic talent to help execute their vision. At Coltivare Events, I focus on a custom approach for each client. Together we can make your vision a reality.