Congratulations!

We specialize in secular, civil wedding ceremonies, performed at the location of your choice in Columbus and central Ohio. We also officiate commitment ceremonies and vow renewals. We will work with you to develop your perfect ceremony!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

PO Box 1411, Westerville, OH Greater Columbus area (740) 215-3023

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Cassandra G

We are so glad we met with Chase and chose him to perform our wedding ceremony! He sent us a sample packet of wording and we were able to customize our ceremony. He was so great to work with and we could not have been happier with our ceremony! We received many compliments... Read More from our guests on how great of a job he did and how beautiful the ceremony was. Also, we could tell that he truly enjoys what he does. I found out after the ceremony that he was really helpful in making sure everything was on track,everyone was where they needed to be, and that everything was going to run smoothly. You will not be disappointed with Chase performing your ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jennie F

My husband and I contacted Chase a few months ago needing someone to officiate our wedding on 10/1/16. Obviously from all these wonderful reviews, Chase himself was already booked for our date, but he suggested we use Aaron Tiedt, one of his newer officiants. We were a bit leery... Read More about using someone new since we did not know what we were doing and wanted someone who could walk us through all of the details, but Aaron was fantastic. We are happy we stuck with him. He is very well spoken, so he read our ceremony without a hitch. Not only that, I enjoyed chatting with him on the side room of our chapel while our guests were arriving. He is very easy going and friendly. I would recommend Chase, Aaron, or anyone working in this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Jess E

Working with Steven was an absolute dream! He was funny & personable during our meetings, very professional/easy to work with, and he did an amazing job with our ceremony. My husband and I were able to completely customize our vows with the guidance of Steven/Chase's sample... Read More ceremonies and we were beyond thrilled with the result! I couldn't be happier about our experience with Steven & Columbus Wedding Officiants.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Leah L

Chase was amazing to work with! We sent him over several readings/poems that we loved and within 2 days, he got back to us with the most beautiful ceremony script ever!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Leah G

Chase not only did a wonderful job at our ceremony, but made the whole process of getting married and planning the ceremony very smooth and stress free. He is full of info and willing to help in every way, and has a great attitude about everything. He made us feel like... Read More everything at the wedding was going to come together no matter what, and it did! We are so grateful for having Chase as our officiant, and we highly recommend hiring him!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kelly B

We are so happy that we chose Chase as our officiant for our ceremony. We were able to mix and match sections of different vows to make our vows perfect for our ceremony. Chase was so accommodating and professional. Our ceremony was exactly what we envisioned and Chase helped... Read More make it perfect and go off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Emily M

Chase did such an amazing job with our wedding! He was very nice and made sure he got to know us both. We wanted someone who was not judgemental and would be open to a non-religious wedding and Chase was the perfect fit! When writing the script, he gave us so many ideas and... Read More everything turned out great! Couldn't have hired a better person to wed us!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Shana M

He was fantastic! He was such a warm addition to our tiny living room ceremony. He will assist you in creating vows that are important to you and will make you feel totally comfortable on what can be a stressful day. I can't recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kelly S

Chase was the officiant we chose for our December wedding and we could not have asked for anyone better! Chase attended the rehearsal and made everything so easy; all of the members of the bridal party were impressed with how detailed he was and my husband and I felt completely... Read More at ease. Chase provided the right amount of guidance throughout the entire process and our wedding ceremony turned out beautifully. We honestly cannot thank Chase enough for all his hard work and we would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Spencer G

Chase was professional from start to finish. He worked with us every step of the way to make sure our ceremony was exactly what we were looking for. He is thorough to the point of having a spare handkerchief on the wedding day in case the groom forgets one (I did) in case the... Read More tears start flowing (they do). I cannot recommend Chase enough!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Natalie B

Chase was perfect as our officiant! He made sure the groom and I had a ceremony that reflected our relationship perfectly! He has a great personality and brought a calming presence to our special day! I would highly recommend choosing him to be there with you on your day!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Alexandria H

Chase was very calm and professional. I definitely appreciated that and that's what lead me to book with him. He was a definite help running the rehearsal. He sent reminder emails with instructions for obtaining a marriage license and changing my name. The process of writing our... Read More ceremony was super relaxed. He provided sample ceremonies my fiance and I could look through and piece together what we'd like. we chose an non-religious ceremony but we were able to create something meaningful and filled with love. we had free reign to create our ceremony but when we asked for help chase was quick to step in and help add a portion about our history. He also took the time to review our ceremony and make sure it was perfect for the day of.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Jill R

Chase officiated our November wedding. He was very easy to work with and provided many options for the ceremony, so it could be as personalized as you wanted. He was great to work with and I would definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jason K

Chase made our day seem seamless and provided my new husband and myself a sense of calm! From our initial meeting to the big stage that day Chase was so pleasant to work with and took care of all of the little details! When planning a wedding the last thing you want to worry... Read More about on your big day is forgetting something or loosing track of the importance of why you are really there and Chase was able to support us through these details to ensure we stayed on track while enjoying every moment of our experience! My husband and I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and wish you the best in the future!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Jordan T

Chase officiated our wedding in September and it was wonderful! He gave us great options for our ceremony. Chase tailored our ceremony to fit us but still keep our families happy! One of the best parts about working with Chase was the extra things he took care of that we... Read More didn't even realized had to be done! Day of, he really got the job done and communicated with everyone so we didn't have to worry about any thing! I would highly recommend Columbus Wedding Officiants!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Trisha Z

Steven did an amazing job. He customized our ceremony that was perfect for my husband and I. He is great & you won't be disappointed with him. Awesome speaker & was very professional.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Kate L

There are simply no words to express how amazing Chase was for 0ur wedding! He made us feel as ease, dealt with a few hiccups, was on time, , easy to communicate with, and was just a pure joy to work with. We wrote the wedding ceremony ourselves and Chase was so willing to offer... Read More advice and go with our vision. I cannot tell you how many guests came up to us and asked how long we knew him — they were astounded to find out we only met once before the wedding! Hiring Chase was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our special day.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Katie M

Chase was great and so easy to work with! Turned out just how we wanted it to!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Karen G

Chase did such an amazing job officiating our wedding! He sent over a few scripts and let us pick out the direction we wanted the ceremony to go. He let us add our own personal touch, and was very accommodating and easy to work with. Overall, a great experience working with him,... Read More and we would highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Chase was absolutely wonderful! He is so down to earth. On the wedding day his relaxed attitude made everything seem to run so smoothly, even if it seems crazy! I would definitely recommend him to anyone getting married :)

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Leah C

My husband and I had Chase as our wedding officiant for our Wedding in May 2016. We could not have imagined the ceremony going better! Chase was wonderful to work with from the start. He was quick to respond and always kind. He has such a positive energy and helped us feel as... Read More ease. We were unsure what we wanted to include in our ceremony, and he was incredibly helpful in providing examples and editing the final touches. Multiple guests and family members made positive comments about how well of a job he did officiating. Thank you for everything Chase!! I highly recommend this vendor.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Amanda O

Working with Chase was amazing! He was very prompt on answering my emails and we met up twice throughout the process to meet and express our vision, then to go over the ceremony. He has so much experience and had many examples of ceremonies and was very open to what we... Read More wanted. After the wedding I had many people come up and ask who the officiant was and how great he was. I highly recommend Chase as an officiant!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Justine D

Overall, I was satisfied with my choice of officiant. It was a little dicey at times trying to communicate and make sure details were confirmed prior to the wedding, but the day of went smoothly and beautifully. If I had to do it over I would recommend going with someone you... Read More know prior to the wedding to ensure the ceremony is personal. However, the ceremony was short & sweet with a little touch of humor and ultimately was perfect for us.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Elysia E

Chase was great to work with. Extremely professional, very kind, and a huge help. We are really happy we decided to go with Chase as our Officiant.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Katherine S

Chase is fantastic! He writes the wedding ceremony to perfection. He let us choose exactly what we wanted to say to our guests in the ceremony and put it together perfectly. I would recommend him to anyone!

Chase Waits

My primary job is working with adults with disabilities, and I officiate weddings because I thoroughly enjoy being a part of couples' special days, not because I have to. I am extremely flexible and respectful of any wishes of a couple that I am working with, because after all, I am participating in their ceremony and not my own. I work tirelessly to ensure that the ceremony I am performing is reflective of the couple in front of me. I have performed over 300 ceremonies to date and love what I do!