Congratulations!

We specialize in secular, civil wedding ceremonies, performed at the location of your choice in Columbus and central Ohio. We also officiate commitment ceremonies and vow renewals. We will work with you to develop your perfect ceremony!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

PO Box 1411, Westerville, OH Greater Columbus area (740) 215-3023

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Cassandra K

We are so glad we met with Chase and chose him to perform our wedding ceremony! He sent us a sample packet of wording and we were able to customize our ceremony. He was so great to work with and we could not have been happier with our ceremony! We received many compliments... Read More from our guests on how great of a job he did and how beautiful the ceremony was. Also, we could tell that he truly enjoys what he does. I found out after the ceremony that he was really helpful in making sure everything was on track,everyone was where they needed to be, and that everything was going to run smoothly. You will not be disappointed with Chase performing your ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jennie F

My husband and I contacted Chase a few months ago needing someone to officiate our wedding on 10/1/16. Obviously from all these wonderful reviews, Chase himself was already booked for our date, but he suggested we use Aaron Tiedt, one of his newer officiants. We were a bit leery... Read More about using someone new since we did not know what we were doing and wanted someone who could walk us through all of the details, but Aaron was fantastic. We are happy we stuck with him. He is very well spoken, so he read our ceremony without a hitch. Not only that, I enjoyed chatting with him on the side room of our chapel while our guests were arriving. He is very easy going and friendly. I would recommend Chase, Aaron, or anyone working in this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Jess E

Working with Steven was an absolute dream! He was funny & personable during our meetings, very professional/easy to work with, and he did an amazing job with our ceremony. My husband and I were able to completely customize our vows with the guidance of Steven/Chase's sample... Read More ceremonies and we were beyond thrilled with the result! I couldn't be happier about our experience with Steven & Columbus Wedding Officiants.

Reviewed on 3/26/2018 Carly Y

My husband and I could not have been happier with our decision to go with Columbus Wedding Officiants to officiant our wedding ceremony. Chase was absolutely perfect- kind, attentive, and informative. One of the number 1 comments about our wedding was how good the officiant... Read More was. They found him to be calm, professional, loud enough yet soft and sweet, and he fit perfectly into what we envisioned. Go with Columbus Wedding Officiants. It'll be one of the best and easiest wedding planning decisions you'll make!

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Neica R

Chase was perfect! Bruce and I found his service online, met him in a local coffee shop and connected with him immediately! He was thoughtful, articulate and professional. Chase performed our custom ceremony in a way that was meaningful to us and our family. We highly and... Read More without any reservation recommend Chase!

Reviewed on 2/20/2018 Krista P

We loved working with Columbus Wedding Officiants! Chase is incredibly organized and went out of his way to create the perfect ceremony. He also sends a 'how to' for getting your wedding license and changing your name, which was definitely appreciated! As a couple, we never put... Read More too much thought into our ceremony, but Chase went above and beyond to make it perfect for us! It was better than we could have ever imagined - Chase even worked with my grandma to make sure her reading went off without a hitch. To this day, our guests still talk about how much they loved our ceremony. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Taylor L

Chase was amazing so easy to talk to. Every thing went smoothly you will not be disappointed. Thank you for being apart of our special day!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Kiersten T

Chase wrote us a truly meaningful ceremony that captured our collective beliefs, while honoring our families… he is truly skilled at what he does.

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Lindsay R

Chase was wonderful! We were a little late to choose an officiant, but Chase worked with our short timeframe and met with us immediately. He listened to how we wanted our ceremony to go. We wrote our ceremony and Chase reviewed the content and provided insight and corrections... Read More into certain areas without removing our personal tone. He ran our rehearsal with ease; I have never seen a more relaxed and quick, yet thorough rehearsal!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Slone F

Chase was our wedding officiant and he did a fantastic job. He was so easy to work with. He made the whole process as easy as possible, he was organized, and always on time. I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Allison R

Chase was phenomenal for our big day! He was on time, prepared, and delivered beautifully. Thankful to have found him on the Knot! 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erin W

Chase was referred to us by a friend who had recently used his services as well. He is awesome. He is very flexible and wants to help give you the ceremony you've dreamed of however he can. He provides a packet with ideas to get you started which was really nice. He sends out... Read More information about getting the marriage license to guide you through that, as well as information about name changing after the ceremony. He will take care of sending in the info the courts need as well to get the official license. He made what could have been a stressful few processes smooth and easy. Great guy!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Carli Z

Steven was our wedding officiant at our Oak Grove wedding venue. He made us feel very comfortable from the moment we met him and was always responsive to our messages and calls. Steven was very helpful with providing us with ceremony samples and also incorporated all of our... Read More ideas. He was very helpful at the rehearsal and made us feel much more confident for the wedding the following day; he showed up on time and looked very professional for the ceremony. We loved having Steven as our officiant, and we HIGHLY recommend him to others!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katie L

Chase was a fantastic officiant! He was willing to meet for coffee months before the wedding to get an idea of what we were looking for and incorporate our ideas, which put my mind at ease. He also sent us a draft of the ceremony a few months before the wedding to ensure that... Read More we liked it. The words he chose for the ceremony were beautiful - focusing on the real and honest friendship that's such an important part of a marriage. He also sent us a reminder to get our marriage license a few weeks before the wedding and was always quick to respond to emails. The actual ceremony went very smoothly and we received a lot of compliments on it. Overall, Chase is a nice, patient, and helpful person - exactly the traits you want in an officiant.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Julie N

My husband and I loved working with Columbus Wedding Officiants. Chase was fabulous and went out of his way to help make the perfect script for our wedding ceremony. He even sent emails on help getting the Wedding License and changing my name! Aaron was the officiant for our... Read More wedding and he was absolutely fabulous! Very professional and easy to work with. My husband's grandmother even complimented on how nice he did at our ceremony. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Shaye M

Aaron was great to work with! Responses were quick and they customize your ceremony to what you want.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Christina O

Aaron was great! We didn't even get a chance to meet him before the rehearsal since we were not local, but he worked with us to write the perfect ceremony remotely. We loved it!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Whitney B

Chase was so awesome to work with! We had no idea what we wanted for our ceremony, and he provided us with other ceremonies he has done in the past that we could choose from or take pieces from to make our own ceremony! He made everything so easy for us in such stressful time! I... Read More definitely would recommend him to anyone!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Leah H

Chase was extremely easy to work with. We looked forward to every meeting with him. We gave him a shell of a ceremony with some traditions that he filled in with beautiful words and explanations that guests could easily follow. My husband and I could not stop talking about how... Read More much of a joy Chase was to work with. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Emily L

We worked with Steven since Chase was already booked and he was awesome! He made the ceremony personalized and always had a smile! He was easy to work with and are happy he preformed our ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Ellen F

Chase is such a great officiant. My Husband and I live in Seattle, but were getting married in Ohio. Chase met with us over Skype and immediately we felt comfortable with him and knew he would be able to deliver the ceremony we were hoping for. Chase was able to give us so... Read More many options for ceremonies and was even willing to work with us to write one unique to us. Chase was such a huge part of why our day was so successful and the ceremony was perfect. Thank you, Chase!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Patrick P

Chase was fantastic. He was super nice and really easy to work with. He had a lot of examples of wedding ceremonies and worked with my wife to come up with the perfect ceremony. When ever we had to meet or talk with each other he made himself avaliable to us. We can not... Read More recommend him enough and if you are looking for someone for your wedding definetly give him a call, you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Chase for a fantastic day.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Randi K

Chase was a wonderful officiant! We are still getting compliments on the ceremony; I even had one guest ask me for a copy of it. Chase is a true professional--he has done enough weddings that he knows all the tips and tricks of orchestrating a ceremony. He gave us a lot of prep... Read More material to build our ceremony, and helped us fill in the gaps when we picked the main parts we liked. When it came time for the rehearsal, he corralled everyone into their spots and helped us make the order of the processional. The morning-of went off without a hitch, and we couldn't have done it without him!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Meredith B

Chase was amazing from beginning to end. He followed my lead but gave great advice. He was the ultimate professional and put everyone at ease. My mom who hadn't met him until the rehearsal dinner made a point to say how wonderful he was. After our wedding many guests... Read More complimented our officiant (Chase) saying he did an excellent job and the ceremony that he helped put together was perfect. Anyone would be lucky to have him be a part of their wedding!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Irina O

It was so easy working with Chase for our non-religious wedding. He sent us a sample package and we picked the words that we wanted read during the ceremony. For the rehearsal dinner, he walked us through the ceremony, provided helped hints such as holding the kiss for 3 seconds... Read More so that the photographer can capture good shots, and answered all of our questions. I would recommend him to anyone who is getting married.

Chase Waits

My primary job is working with adults with disabilities, and I officiate weddings because I thoroughly enjoy being a part of couples' special days, not because I have to. I am extremely flexible and respectful of any wishes of a couple that I am working with, because after all, I am participating in their ceremony and not my own. I work tirelessly to ensure that the ceremony I am performing is reflective of the couple in front of me. I have performed over 300 ceremonies to date and love what I do!