Congress Hall Weddings

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

200 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Marie D

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Congress Hall this past October. From the planning, to the tasting, and of course the actual day, it was all excellent. The event coordinator, Jeri Anne, was responsive and on top of everything the day of the wedding. She worked well... Read More with the vendors that day so there was little that we had to worry about the day of the wedding. We feel so lucky that the hotel provides this service as a part of the overall wedding package. The cocktail hour was on the lawn overlooking the water. The reception was in the ballroom. The food and service was excellent. We have received many compliments from guests that it was one of the best weddings that they have attended. The guests seemed to enjoy the overall feel of the hotel, along with the amenities. It was also very convenient to move downstairs for the afterparty in the Boiler Room.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Tarrah F

My (now) husband and I got engaged in charming Cape May in the Fall of 2014. Congress Hall, as a stunning Cape May landmark, was where I imagined our dream wedding to take place. We did a walk through with Krystina Kennedy (she is amazing) and quickly fell in love with it's... Read More unique ballroom style and gorgeous lawn - what a backdrop for pictures! But, we checked out a few other places anyway, feeling like we 'should'. NOTHING compared to the beauty of Congress Hall - from top to bottom, we felt like it was so different than any other hall we had looked at. Pair that with the symbolic location, we knew it was perfect! And it was. Jennifer O'Neill , our Congress Hall Wedding Coordinator, was readily available to answer any (random) questions I had. She was so sweet, and even willing to be our witness for our marriage certificate when our dad potentially couldn't make the trip! She helped us from start to finish and all of our details played out exactly as planned on our wedding day. What is really great about Congress Hall is...the Bride/Groom, Bridal Party did not have to do any set up or break down...Congress Hall takes care of it all (with our direction of course). We had the threat of rain/tornado even, on our June wedding day, and Jennifer was very honest about the game plan should that happen. We ended up getting lucky and the weather behaved, but I was happy to have her by our side the entire day, updating us along the way. Having our ceremony on the lawn was magical. Because of impending rain, our plan b was to have cocktail hour was on the veranda. Though we missed it (taking photos), our family and friends loved it! They talked about how delicious the food was, and how nice it was to be outside enjoying the scenery. The ballroom where we had our reception IS AMAZING. Black and white checkered floors with Tiffany Blue walls - it's so unique and our pictures turned out so beautiful with that in the background (if the standard brown/gold rug style isn't yours, this is the place for you!). The food was so good (grilled everything - our choice!). The size of the room was perfect (our wedding guests totaled to about 120, including some children). After our reception, party goers (including us) continued the night on in the Boiler Room downstairs, with live music, a bar and PIZZA! Most of our family members and close friends stayed in Congress Hall, or another one of their lovely properties - which made our wedding a mini destination wedding! We can't say enough about how perfect our wedding day was, at Congress Hall. We will cherish these memories forever, and we have Krystina, Jennifer and the whole Congress Hall staff to thank. Our guests were in love with our wedding day - calling in "romantic", "intimate" and "so 'us'" (we'll take that as a compliment!). We want to get married there over and over again! A little PSA - if Congress Hall hosts another Found Market event, you should attend! Being 2.5 hours away from Congress Hall, this was the best way for us to get to know the local vendors by attending a 'mock' wedding (I cried anyhow!). We chose our entertainment, florist and hair and make up crew, after that event! It was so helpful to use vendors who were familiar with each other and Congress Hall's property and run of show. If you can't make that event, no fear, you will not go wrong with using any of Congress Hall's vendor recommendations!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Samantha H

Everything about our wedding at Congress Hall was PERFECT! Jerri Anne and Kryistina are so good at what they do and helped with all the details of our day(which any bride knows is lot !) . The venue is beautiful and the staff are wonderful. They left us with not one bad thing to... Read More say! A ll of our guests are still raving about our wedding and we couldn't have pictured it anywhere else. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kim&Dan H

We had a wonderful experience. Jeri Anne was informative, poised and extremely helpful in guiding us though the planning. Always available. The grounds were set up beautifully for a memorable ceremony and social hour. Oysters and exquisite hors d'oerves, just excellent.... Read More First rate cocktails, all out on the lawn. We were blessed with good weather but it was really well done. We moved inside for dinner, the banquet room was clean and well lit. Our flowers looked great, we had a very classy DJ. Our guests had a choice of three entrees, all were excellent. The service was impeccable. Congress Hall clearly exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz C

Congress Hall is the gem of the Jersey Shore! If you're looking to give your guests an experience and memorable weekend, this is the place! Unlike many other wedding venues, CH isn't trying to be something it's not. It just is! The venue combines history, charm, seaside... Read More elegance, and timeless sophistication. From a wedding standpoint, the coordinators are "yes people." Whatever you want, they do and then some! Also, the food is very delicious ( I didn't eat but that's what I've heard!) From the atmosphere to the food & drinks, to the overall vibe, it was perfect! Somehow CH captures regal without being stuffy! The place has character and somehow you feel at home in America's oldest seaside resort.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Emily B

Great service from start to finish. Our wedding planner Jenn was great. I never knew she was there except when I was looking for her, and she was right there by my side. She made our day flawless.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Anna P

Amazing!! The Virginia (Congress Hall's sister property one street over) did a beautiful job coordinating our 50 guest, daytime wedding. Working with their coordinator, Jenn, was a true pleasure. She responded to my every email quickly and thoroughly (and there were a lot).... Read More Jenn went above and beyond; from coordinating last minute rehearsal dinner reservations to helping me with gift cards for my bridemaid’s gifts. She even kept the show going when our playlist stopped working the morning of the wedding. Shifting around friends’ phones on the sound system for our first dance and favorite songs. The rest of staff was wonderful as well. Everyone was so kind and the whole day flowed seamlessly. The food was delicious, fresh and beautifully presented. We are still receiving compliments from guests on both the food and service. We would absolutely recommend the Virginia for a smaller, intimate, fun and stress free wedding venue in Cape May!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Andrea L

We always knew we wanted to get married at Congress Hall and it was better than we could have imagined. We did not have good experiences with Krystina but booked because Congress Hall was where we wanted to get married. Once booked we were introduced to our coordinator Jenn... Read More O'Neill, who was AMAZING, answered questions promptly, checked on things for us, got a stage for the ceremony, and was great on the day of when we were a little unorganized . My dad, who rarely comments on anything, said during the wedding that she was very good, which was high praise from him. Congress Hall knows how to put together a wedding and everything was executed flawlessly. Our guests loved the food and the property.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016

My son got married at Congress Hall on 8/28/15. Everything was perfect from beginning to end!! The food was amazing, the hotel and grounds were immaculate and all of the staff went above and beyond to see to our needs and those of our guests during our entire stay. I would... Read More highly recommend booking your dream wedding at Congress Hall!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Lindsay G

I've been obsessed with Congress Hall for the last 5 years- I'm an events coordinator as well and have high expectations. This was the only venue I looked at when planning our wedding because it truly is one of a kind! Our Decemeber wedding was absolute perfection- not only were... Read More we blessed with a 65 degrees, sunny day but the entire day was so magical and festive. Congress Hall is so decked out for Christmas and it really adds excitement to the place. Colleen O'Sullivan was our coordinator and she was so professional, courteous, and answered my millions of questions quickly and efficiently. She even came to the court house to be our witness for our marriage license since we live in Philly and couldn't find someone to drive down during the work week. We held our ceremony in the ballroom and it was intimate and romantic- our DJ Sam (Centerstage Ent) provides beautiful up lighting and the room looked stunning! Guests raved about the food (especially at cocktail hour) and the attentiveness of the staff. Our signature cocktail The Congressional Cosmo was a hit- they definitely don't skimp on the alcohol in the drinks.Servers even poured wine table side which was a nice extra! I've executed countless events and I'm as OCD as they come but on my wedding day I was so relaxed and didn't worry about a single detail. Getting ready in founders hall was a blast and the breakfast they catered was great- they threw in a bottle of champagne which was a nice surprise :) The team worked alongside my vendors and the timeline of the night flowed smoothly. I did all of the decor myself and Colleen and staff set everything up as I wanted and packed it all up at the end of the night- not many venues will do that!! This truly is a one of a kind venue- not your typical boring country club or banquet hall. Every room has character of its own and such a rich history. It was an absolute dream that we will treasure forever!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Lauren B

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of getting married at this venue. My husband proposed to me here, we have spent every Christmas here and it was the obvious choice when booking my venue. The process was going great until we met our original wedding coordinator Colleen.... Read More Colleen truly made us feel like we were not worth her time, due to the fact we were having an off season wedding with a "smaller" guest list (we had 160 total). We had to beg to set up our tasting and often chase down Colleen to ask when money was due. We were lied to about place cards and a donut bar and other small details that had we not switched coordinators, we would have never known and been scrambling the day of. Jen ended up being our wedding coordinator and really went out of her way to make our big day everything we dreamt it would be. However the service (my guests complained about not being able to reach the front desk in the morning and the beds being uncomfortable) was mediocre- from the bellhops to being ignored from the bartenders at my cocktail hour. Jen truly was our saving grace and went above and beyond to make our day truly great, and in the end the only issue was really the service in the hotel. If you have the money to spend, this is the place to go, but even in the off season this was by far our largest expense. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful backdrop or venue. Also Patrick (Colleen and Jen's boss) went above and beyond to resolve issues when we finally spoke up.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Katie H

Just perfect! Everything about the process - from initially booking Congress Hall, to planning, to celebrating at the reception - was seamless. Our wedding coordinator, Colleen O'Sullivan, was extremely helpful, kind, and professional. She made sure the day went off without a... Read More hitch! The hotel is beautiful, historic and just has a really cool, retro vibe. The food was amazing - and the wedding package is very generous. Tons of food options, open bar, cake included, and more. (Side note: I don't particularly like cake... but this one was delicious!) They were also able to easily accommodate anyone with special diets - vegetarian or gluten-free. Super cool bar in the basement (The Boiler Room) that was fun to hang out at after the wedding was over. Everyone loved the beach-side setting. The cocktail hour was especially picturesque on the CH veranda with the ocean visible in the distance. My wedding was almost a month ago now and everyone is still talking about it! A++

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Alyson W

There was never any question that if I was going to get married in Cape May, then I would be getting married at Congress Hall. The staff at CH is amazing, and I can not thank Jenn O'Neil enough for making my wedding day as perfect and as smooth as it possibly could have been.... Read More Their base package is amazing and we felt like what we got for our budget was fabulous. We also booked our Rehearsal Dinner and Send-Off Brunch at Congress Hall and they were also flawless. Everyone raved about the food and they loved the vintage elegance of the hotel. If I had to do it all over again, I would book Congress Hall again for sure.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Larry C

Outstanding. Beautiful and historic venue. The food was terrific and the ceremony was perfect. One of the main reasons we chose Congress Hall is that everything is included: venue, cocktail hour, cake, catering...they even include a wedding coordinator that is a huge help.... Read More The wedding could not have been better. A+

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Alison C

Long before my husband and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married at Congress Hall. For something that we built up in our minds for so long, the experience did not disappoint. From our first meeting, Congress Hall gave us the special attention we were hoping for on our... Read More most special day yet. Our coordinator, Colleen O’Sullivan, couldn’t have been more helpful, responsive, professional, patient and organized. She. Is. Amazing. Compliments are still rolling in about the food (short rib and salmon entrees for the win!), the service and how seamless the event was – Colleen and our DJ (LovesickInc) completely guided the reception timeline. They made sure everything flowed and that we and the guests had the best time possible. My only complaint would be that it couldn’t go on longer :) When we got back to our room that evening there were some wonderful care packages of cake, sliders from our delicious late night slider bar, and a sampling of our wedding flowers. Colleen is a bride whisperer. She has a way of making things that would wake me up at night suddenly seem like no big deal once I brought them to her attention. She seamlessly coordinated with my 10+ vendors. Colleen didn’t flinch when we showed up with a truck full of décor items the day before the wedding – and it was all displayed to PERFECTION. Everything looked like a dream – the Lawn is an idyllic backdrop for a wedding. Founder’s Hall, the veranda and the charmingly beautiful ballroom are all picture perfect. It’s the perfect combination of grandiosity, nature and whimsy – Tiffany blue walls, yellow backdrops, saltwater air and the greenest grass you’ve ever seen! The best part? I never worried about ANY of the details on my wedding day because I knew that Colleen, Krystina and Jen had it all under control. I had the best time getting ready in Founder’s Hall with my bridesmaids and family while they pulled everything together. It truly was a stress-free wedding day and that’s a testament to Colleen and the Congress Hall staff. All in all, it was the best day ever and we are forever grateful to Colleen and the Congress Hall team for making our dream a reality.

Charming!!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Laura O

Congress Hall was the PERFECT wedding venue for us. My husband and I were looking for something both classic and unique for our big day. In a word, Congress Hall is charming. The hotel was built in the 1800s and you still get that antique-luxe feel, while enjoying the more... Read More laid-back coastal feel of a beach hotel. The reception room still has the original black chandeliers and gorgeous black and white hardwood floors. Rather than feeling old, however, pops of color and modern amenities allow the hotel and its event spaces to feel current. The reception room has GORGEOUS Tiffany-blue walls and all of the guest rooms are painted in beach-y blues and greens. You have a few different options for your ceremony and cocktail hour spaces, depending on weather, etc., and very conveniently (particularly considering how quickly the weather can change!), you can decide up to 12 noon the day of your wedding whether to have your ceremony indoors or outdoors. Because we were married on windy day in March, we decided to hold the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom. Our cocktail hour was in the very cool Boiler Room, a bar/club space in the basement of the hotel with a full, beautiful bar, stone walls, wooden beam ceilings and just a really neat vibe. In addition to the uniqueness of the hotel, another notable mention is the friendly and very helpful staff at Congress Hall. We toured and then booked the hotel as our wedding venue with Meredith Borrell, the sales manager. Meredith was so sweet and very efficient when it came to booking not only the venue, but also cottages for our families to stay in over the weekend. Once we were booked we were assigned a wedding coordinator, Colleen O’Sullivan, to assist us with any questions and queries prior to the wedding and to coordinate the wedding day itself. There can never be enough good things said about Colleen. She was absolutely phenomenal. Every e-mail, freak-out, billing issue, request, etc. was taken care of by Colleen. She always answered my emails promptly and, more importantly, approached the whole event with a smile on her face and cheerful demeanor. The day of the wedding she took care of all the set up, coordinated with the photographer and DJ and made sure everything ran smoothly. It was such relief to us knowing that everything was taken care of and we could actually relax and enjoy our wedding! If you’re able to request a wedding coordinator to work with, I highly recommend Colleen! Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our choice to have our wedding at Congress Hall. For those of you with tighter wedding budgets, look into getting married during the “off season”, as the prices are a bit more reasonable and the minimum guest count is much lower. Another plus is it’s also a lot easier to get the vendors you want! Congress Hall is also provides WAY more bang for your buck compared to venues in Northern Jersey. Though the price tag may seem big, there’s SO much more included in your wedding package that it makes it more than worth it!

Best day ever

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Kristin P

I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding was! The staff was amazing and the ballroom was simply stunning. Congress Hall provided us with our dream wedding and a once in a lifetime experience our guests are still raving about!

Amazing Wedding at Congress Hall

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Kristen A

My husband Greg and I got married in September at Congress Hall. It was absolutely a dream come true, except that the weather didn't cooperate literally just for our outdoor cocktail hour. Thanks weather! We worked with Meredith Borrell & Colleen O'Sullivan who were both so... Read More easy and great to work with. They were quick to respond to emails, great when we met in person several times and Colleen was fantastic on the day of the wedding. Our only concern was the number of guests we had - we pushed the room to the max but everyone still had a great time. In the future for an event as large as ours and if it rains, I would suggest giving us more space on the veranda since we couldn't go out on the grass with the rain. Everyone seemed a bit crammed into the "cocktail hour" spacing. One other bummer thing is that that the party has to shut down at 10 pm. We wished we could have danced the night away for another 2 hours! But everyone headed to the brown room or downstairs to the boiler room so it was still fun. Our Congress Hall wedding was a dream come true and we highly recommend the venue and staff!

BEST DAY EVER!! 12/13/14

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 marie b

I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience I had at Congress Hall. Colleen Sullivan our coordinator was amazing. My husband and I can not think of one thing we would have changed. The venue was absolutely beautiful, Our guests raved about the food, the attention to... Read More detail and the kind staff. I loved every single moment of my wedding day Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the best day ever!!!

PERFECT

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Kristin N

Congress Hall was the PERFECT setting for our wedding. It's unique, retro feel with the tiffany blue walls, black and white checkered floor and black chandeliers was something that we, as well as all of our guests had never experienced before, and we are still being complimented... Read More almost a month later! The ballroom holds 225 guests, a band and two bars. We had 215 guests and I was extremely worried about the room being too crowded and guests not being comfortable. The night of our wedding I realized that I shouldn't have worried at all. The room was perfect! The dance floor was filled the entire night and it did not seem over crowded at all!! Cocktail hour was outside and despite the 30 degree weather, the heaters that Congress Hall provided kept everyone warm! It was beautiful, and perfect! Lastly, and most importantly Krystina Kennedy, our wedding coordinator who was provided by the venue, was simply out of this world. I cannot speak highly enough about how easy she made it and how smoothly it ran. However, it was more than that! She truly puts your mind at ease and when I was worried about something, I would call her or email her and she'd respond, "I'll take care of it"... and she would go above and beyond "taking care of it". She was truly a part of my day I will cherish forever, she was THE BEST! I simply cannot imagine planning a wedding without her! SO... FIVE STARS!!

A Day to Remember

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Monica G

The views at Congress Hall are the perfect backdrop for any couple in love, but what I loved about my Congress Hall wedding was that I had the view AND great customer service. A wedding is not just what you see - it's how you feel, how your guests feel, and how well your venue... Read More can problem solve so that your day is full of joy and not unnecessary stress. Congress Hall increased our joy and lowered our stress again and again. My husband and I will return for years to come to celebrate the day we said, "I do!" We love Congress Hall!

Congress Hall Wedding

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Quinn F

We had our wedding at Congress Hall in July and it was perfect! As soon as we saw Congress Hall we knew it was where we wanted to get married and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made. Not only is Congress Hall beautiful, but the people were amazing to work with.... Read More Right from the start both Meredith and Krystina helped us make our vision come to life. They were always willing to answer questions and give suggestions and they were both a pleasure to work with leading up to the event. On our wedding day they both helped the day go off without a hitch, even when little things went wrong, they took care of them without me ever knowing. They kept me calm and made sure our day was perfect. I would recommend Congress Hall to everyone and cannot thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day everything we ever dreamed of!

Virginia Hotel Wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Taylor B

I've been working with Colleen, who is helping me plan my wedding in Cape May. As I currently live in Los Angeles I thought it would be hard for me to plan my wedding but with Colleen's help she is making it a breeze. Both Congress Hall and The Virginia Hotel are run by the same... Read More company and though I would have preferred to have my wedding at Congress Hall for brides who are on a bit of a budget I whole heartily suggest The Virginia Hotel. You get the same excellent service, food and comps for a better price. THANK YOU COLLEEN!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Cassie D

Now that the wedding is officially done and the dust has finally settled, I really want to thank Congress Hall for all of their hard work for our big event. More specifically, please allow me to gush about Krystina Kennedy, who worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding would go... Read More off without any problems. I'm fairly certain I owe my sanity and first born to her. From the get go, we wanted a place that could hold a ceremony, host a full reception, and house guests. That's not an easy task to accomplish in South Jersey but alas, this was where we had our hearts set on getting married. And so we knew we had to make it happen somehow. The vibe at Congress Hall was very different from any other venue we visited - comfy, trendy, classy, elegant, but somehow relaxing and cool. We put down a deposit and began the adventure that is wedding planning (which is a massive pain in the ass, but that's another story). Krystina kept us organized, answered our 15 kajillion questions, sent back countless emails, hounded the chef over my dietary restrictions, and negotiated pricing with us on a few add-in items. She also scheduled deliveries for us, set up our decor, gave me a checklist, and arranged for a special meal for a family member who had been in the hospital the week of the wedding. She even booked us entertainment in The Boiler Room so our group would have an after party. Our guests ultimately raved about the food, their rooms, the drinks, and the location. We could have never gotten to the end point, though, without our faithful coordinator. Thank you, Krystina, for one of the best damn parties we've ever been to. You are sincerely awesome.

Stunning venue and an amazing wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Chelsea K

I grew up going to Cape May every summer and watched Congress Hall go from decrepit to absolutely beautiful after the renovation about 10 years ago. Once I started seriously dating my now-husband, I was set on getting married there and booked the venue a few weeks after we got... Read More engaged in late 2012. A year and a half later, we had an absolutely amazingly beautiful wedding day -- everything went perfectly, from the rehearsal to the morning-after brunch, and I really couldn't be any happier with my decision or with my coordinator, Colleen. Everyone commented on how beautiful the day was, and we've had many people come forward and say it was the best and/or most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to. The whole thing felt like it was 5 minutes, but it was the best 5 minutes of my life. :) That being said, we did have some issues during the planning process, particularly during the latter stages (hence the lower-star review for service). Some things I cannot stress enough: Read, read and re-read your contract and ask as many questions as possible about every detail of your day as far out as possible. This venue is extremely inflexible about certain things, so be prepared for some frustrating conversations and have all your bases covered. Other than those issues, a dream wedding venue that will give you exactly the wedding day you pictured. I really can't give them any less than 5 stars overall, because that's what really matters in the end.