Contemporary and Traditional Catholic Weddings

Contemporary Catholics are often searching for a non-judgmental, sacramental experience different from that offered by the institutional church. You may want to have a Catholic wedding but may not be permitted, for various reasons, by the institutional church. St. Anthony of Padua offers you an alternative. Those entering into second marriages, those experiencing religious differences with the church, GLBT Catholics, and others will find openness and acceptance here. We provide marriage services in a compassionate manner. Perhaps you have concerns about perceived barriers? We treat you with the same care Christ gave to all who came to him.

Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Christian, Interfaith, Spiritual

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville, VA
Virginia, Maryland, DC

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Maddie M

My husband and I knew we wanted a religious ceremony, as both of us were raised Cathloic, but we also knew we didn't want to get married in a church, because we wanted to get married at our venue. We were so happy to find Fr. Lody who was able to make our dreams come true! We... Read More met with him shortly after getting engaged. He was so easy to talk to and to get along with. He was easily reachable and helpful during the whole planning process. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect, everything we wanted! Our guests thought that Fr. Lody was a childhood priest of one of us, that's how personal and relevant our ceremony was to us and to our lives. We couldn't have been happier !!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

I am Catholic and my husband is not, however, we both wanted a spiritual ceremony. We got it. Jason is very personable and easy-going. We felt comfortable instantly. He responds to emails quickly and gave us the liberty to tailor make our ceremony. Finally, he is reliable. He... Read More arrived an hour prior to the ceremony and made sure everything was in order.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Christina P

I had always wanted to be married in the Catholic faith; however, I knew I was unable to be married in the Roman tradition. Then, I came across Fr. Jason Lody & his wedding ministry through the Franciscan Community of Mercy and the American National Catholic Church. It was an... Read More answer to my prayers! Fr. Jason was very friendly & accommodating to our requests and ensured that we had exactly the type of wedding we always dreamed of. Those in attendance said that it was the most romantic and sincerely spiritual wedding ceremony they had ever attended. Today, my wife & I are members of St. Anthony of Padua and enjoy attending mass there. It is so welcoming! If you were raised in the Roman faith and have become disenchanted, fear not! The American National Catholic Church is the answer to your prayers. I know it was for us!

Fr. Jason Lody, FCM

Fr. Jason was born and raised in Elizabeth, NJ. He is proud of his Italian heritage and credits the great faith of his parents for the gift of his vocation to the Franciscans. Fr. Jason received a Bachelor's Degree in Theology from LaSalle University in Philadelphia and a Master's Degree in School Administration from The Catholic University of America. Fr. Jason also received a dual certificate in Theology and Pastoral Counseling. Fr. Jason completed his doctoral studies, focusing on education policy and effective administrative practices and serves as pastor of St. Anthony's parish.