Country Club United Methodist Church

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

Planning

400 W 57th St, Kansas City, MO (816) 444-1616

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Dianna K

Country Club United Methodist Church has beautiful architecture, pipe organ and stained glass windows. Nestled between the neighborhoods of the Plaza and Brookside, with ample green space, it also provides great outdoor photo opportunities as well. CCUMC provided us with a... Read More wonderful organist and referred a soloist to us that brought us all to tears during her performance of Ave Maria - and that was just at rehearsal! And yes, she was just as amazing the next day. I think what my husband and I loved most about choosing this as our venue goes beyond the location, church architecture and the services they provided us with. It was how much we enjoyed working with Pastor Jenn and the wedding coordinator on their staff, Jamie. We live out of state and therefore the number of times we were able to meet in person prior to the wedding was limited, however they both made it feel easy to plan from a distance. Pastor Jenn and Jamie kept written drafts of all plans and each tiny detail of the order of wedding service on a shared drive which made it easy to keep track of and comforting to know we were on the same page at all times. My husband and I also chose to do our marital prep with Pastor Jenn and got to know her over the months preceding the wedding through phone calls and FaceTime. After dating one another for years, I think it says a lot that we genuinely enjoyed each meeting and came away with things that truly helped and inspired us to continually strive to be better partners to one another. The rehearsal was very well-organized and stayed on schedule, while still being light hearted and fun. Pastor Jenn even had a fun surprise for my husband’s mother. The ceremony the next day went flawlessly. We received numerous compliments from guests on the venue and Pastor Jenn. We feel so blessed that we found CCUMC and chose it as our ceremony venue!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Katelyn P

My husband and I recently got married at Country Club United Methodist Church and it was absolutely amazing!! The entire process prior to the wedding was wonderful. Working with Pastor Jenn and Jamie Kapke made our big day possible. I couldn't have imagined a better team to work... Read More with!

Breathtaking Sanctuary and Outdoor Photo Opportunities!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Lindsey M

I first checked out Country Club United Methodist Church as a potential wedding venue in the spring of 2007. My first impression was of the colorful flower area in front of the church and I immediately thought what a great place that would be to take outside pictures! I went... Read More into the sanctuary through the big wooden doors and alcove - again, a perfect photo op! Once I got inside, I literally was taken by surprise at how gorgeous the sanctuary was....cathedral ceilings, gorgeous stained glass and a long center isle I could imagine my father walking me down to meet my husband to be! Needless to say my venue search stopped at CCUMC. We were married here the spring of 2009. There were so many factors I considered in my wedding venue selection process. This was after all the most important day of my life! After my initial impression of the breathtaking sanctuary, I scheduled an official tour to meet the people I would be working with the coming year as I planned my wedding day. I absolutely loved the Pastor and Wedding Coordinator. Growing up in a Methodist Church, it was very important to me to have a faith-based wedding venue and ceremony. I was very appreciative of the pre-marital counseling we received and honestly felt the people on the Wedding Team at CCUMC were just as invested in making sure my wedding day was a perfect experience as I was. We picked out our wedding music with the help of the suggestions the wedding guide provided, and the organist was able to accommodate our two unique requests of "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys and "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles. A church wedding ceremony with some very non-traditional songs:) For the on-site amenities, there were separate rooms for both the groom/best men and my bridesmaids and I to get ready without crossing paths before we wanted to. There is a library with chairs in it that I hung out with my bridesmaids before pictures to calm my nerves. The sanctuary was easy for my florist to set up and the outside picture opportunities are endless I was able to meet with my bridesmaids at the church on Friday to add my personal touches to the decorations the church provided. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue for my wedding. My husband and I attend church here on a regular basis with our daughter, and the sanctuary is just as gorgeous on a Sunday morning as it was on my wedding day. I highly recommend Country Club United Methodist Church as a wedding venue!

Beautiful Sanctuary and Helpful Staff

Reviewed on 12/17/2014

When you walk into the sanctuary you will be blown away by the architecture and beautiful stained glass windows. You really can't find a better location in KC to say your vows. Once you move past the beautiful building, you will find warm, helpful people at the church. The... Read More minister and coordinator are available to guide you through every aspect of your wedding. Attending church, going through marriage counseling and doing a service project will bring you closer together as a couple too. I can't say enough about what CCUMC did for me during my wedding and after the wedding. I've been a member since 2004 and so happy I said "I do" in the sanctuary that I now attend with my husband and two little girls.

Beautiful, traditional venue

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Sarah T

Country Club United Methodist provides a beautiful, traditional atmosphere for your special day. The staff at Country Club are wonderful!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Elizabeth S

Country Club United Methodist Church is a beautiful wedding venue in the heart of Brookside. The wedding planner they provided had great suggestions and was always available for my questions. Pastor Jenn was very open and inviting. She made us and our guest feel right at... Read More home. CCUMC has a very vintage look and feel and was a beautiful backdrop for our wedding photos.

Beautiful Ceremony Venue

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Audrey B

Country Club United Methodist Church was an unbelievable venue for our wedding ceremony. First of all, the church is breathtaking. Our guests could not stop talking about the beauty of the church. Our photographer also commented on the attractiveness of the church and the... Read More countless options for pictures. The location of the church is absolutely perfect. It is near the Country Club Plaza and one block away from Loose Park, where we took additional photos. Our out of town guests were impressed by the beautiful historic neighborhood, and found it easy to navigate. We had a great experience with the wedding coordinator and church staff. Their attention to detail and ability to effortlessly coordinate all details was a breath of fresh air and relief. I did not have to think about anything on that day. I highly recommend this venue!