See why brides LOVE Courtney!

When you book your wedding with Courtney, you can be assured that you will get an incredible, fun, relaxed and stress free experience as well as photos that you will cherish the rest of your life. Courtney has been perfecting her photos and wedding business for nearly a decade. Don't worry if you aren't "photogenic" because Courtney will make you comfortable in front of the camera! Let her passion for photography and people help tell the story of your wedding day. You won't regret it!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Hannah F

Courtney is the best! She is so talented in what she does. She photographed our wedding perfectly! She is also the most kind, approachable, and least judgmental person. She has no ego or stuck up bone in her body! It was tough for my husband and I to find someone that... Read More exceeded all our expectations (there was a lot!) as he does wedding photography on the side. I really wanted a videographer as well, but it wasn't in the budget for us. When we got our photos back (less than 3 weeks from our wedding and it was during peak season of August!) I immediately was put at ease that we didn't "miss" anything since the whole day was so well documented by Courtney and her assistant. My husband, family, friends and I are all so grateful for the fantastic images Courtney captured at our wedding. Hire her! She will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Neena K

My (now) husband and I spent more hours looking for the right photographer than anything else for our wedding, and I'm glad to say the hours paid off! Courtney was absolutely the right photographer! Her style is the perfect blend of classic and modern and she is also the best... Read More value we could find for such high quality photos. She was super speedy - we had photos from our full wedding weekend exactly 1-month after our wedding, and we got married in the height of summer wedding season! I also had done a boudoir session with Courtney, and she makes it totally comfortable and, I might even say, FUN! Thanks Courtney!

I love this gal!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Audra W

As soon as we got engaged, my husband and I began planning our wedding. Knowing that we are both quite indecisive I knew that if we didn't start early, we might never have the wedding we wanted. We had met with a few other local photographers, and liked their work, but... Read More really wanted to "click" with the person who was capturing this memorable event. Also, since we had a year to plan, we REALLY wanted to walk away with zero wedding debt. After procrastinating for far too long (2 months), we were referred to Courtney Bowlden Photography by my friend, who just happens to be Seattle's BEST Wedding Planner, Simply By Tamara Nicole. Even though Courtney lived in Bellingham, she was going to be in our area and so we decided to set up a casual meeting. I loved her right from the start!!! She has such a warm and fun personality that I cannot imagine her not "clicking" with everyone she meets! She took at least an hour to go over the different packages she has, show us the Story Books, and an added bonus...SHE HAS A SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER, included in her package price. You get two for the price of one! I love that we have pictures of our ceremony from different angles. She was fantastic on instructing us how to look natural, and even got in some shots that we didn't think she'd notice...those fun "husband to be teasing his soon to be bride." Courtney truly captured this special day and I find myself showing everyone my photos with pride. I would thoroughly recommend Courtney Bowlden Photography...you will love her!

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Linet & Christian B

I am so glad that Courtney was our photographer for such an important day in our lives. From the first time I contacted her, she was quick and responsive, ready to answer any questions we had. Courtney was also eager to meet with me in person, and later, met my now-husband on... Read More Skype. We clicked instantly! She even sent a lovely thank you box with small trinkets after we booked her. So thoughtful! She is extremely personable, talented, and pays attention to every detail, which was so important for me. Not only did she capture details of my dress, jewelry, shoes etc. - she captured precious details and moments of various interactions with our family and friends (i.e. My Mom's hands holding mine as we prayed, my husband's look at me when I walked down the aisle - and at the same time, her assistant captured my emotions as well!) Most importantly, her photos are absolutely stunning. We've received so many compliments on them, and we will cherish them forever. Thank you so much, Courtney! We will definitely be working with her for our other photography needs as well. Don't hesitate to hire Courtney - you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Janelle S

If you take nothing else away from this review, it is this: Courtney's photos are a treasure. We got married in August at a park amphitheater in Snohomish. We didn't have a lot to spend on a wedding but the photography was important to me and it was the first thing I planned. I... Read More searched google images with 'Seattle" in the search bar to find the most stunning, standout photographs and track them to their photographer. When I noticed names come up more than once, I started a list. It was a long list, but over several weeks I narrowed it down. I tended toward "fine art photography," I discovered, and found myself reading articles about photographers’ use of natural light, etcetera… But finally, when I met Courtney in person, I felt completely at ease. Courtney's presence at our wedding was calming and her photography of course was beautiful. Thank you so much Courtney. Your photos of our wedding are our treasure.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Meghan S

Words cannot express how much I adore Courtney. We first found Courtney through her blog - she photographed a wedding at our venue two years ago and the photos were stunning. From the moment I first got in touch with Courtney, her genuine outlook and organized approach helped... Read More me feel comfortable and excited! As someone who also doesn't love having her photo taken, Courtney makes you feel calm and beautiful. Because she's a Bellingham photographer and we're down in Tacoma, she was extremely flexible with timelines, and we also opted to have her photograph the rehearsal dinner versus meeting her for an engagement session. It's great to have those pictures now, too! Kelsey, Courtney's assistant, is also fantastic. She's bubbly and fun, and made all of the groomsmen, bridesmaids, and families feel comfortable. Her detail shots are also AMAZING. All of our photos are so beautiful - I can't stop staring at them. I highly recommend reaching out to Courtney if you're looking for an insanely talented, bright and bubbly photographer.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Erika O

She was the single best investment for our day. Creative, classic, fun, stunning photos, that made us all feel extra beautiful and look perfect. She was always early, and helped keep the day running smooth.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Taylor O

Courtney was a blast to work with! Our Bridal party loved working with her as well and she was so easy to get along with. We did an engagement shoot with her as well and all the pictures turned out beautiful. She was so easy to work with and she also worked around our schedules... Read More to make things happen! I would definitely recommend her to anyone that's getting married!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017

Courtney did an excellent job with our wedding photos, we love them! She is also super fun and friendly, we felt really comfortable with her (and we aren't the most camera friendly people, ha). We are very impressed with our photos and her creativity, and we also really loved... Read More how she worked with our requests! Highly recommend her for personality, style, beautiful photos and ease to work with! Thanks so much Courtney!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Shawna S

Courtney is one of a kind. I'm so thankful I accidently found her through a random vendor list. Over the year we've "worked" together in over three shoots and they were such a blast. Courtney quickly calms nerves and turns the experience into an easy one. Our pictures showed up... Read More quickly and were beyond perfect. Everything was bright, light and happy capturing the real feelings of joy we had during the day. We highly recommend working with Courtney for all your wedding photography needs!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Rebecca B

Courtney did my wedding photos and she was fabulous! She was very easy to work with and I loved her creativity! She was professional, fun, and easygoing. She helped make our day very special and I love her work!!! I highly recommend Courtney and her amazing talents!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Ashley S

I was not only a bride, but am also a Seattle based wedding planner. I know how important photos are after all is said and done and that is why I chose her as my photographer. She always does amazing work. After a quick turnaround time on my photos, I was absolutely thrilled... Read More with how they turned out. So many good ones! Courtney and Kelsey are so easy to work with, laid back but take charge when they need to be. I highly recommend Courtney to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Madeline J

Courtney was a great addition to our team. Courtney and her assistant Kelsey were upbeat, positive, and led us through our day with ease. We loved how our photos turned out, both wedding and engagement. They worked well with our videographer although they had never met before.... Read More Would highly recommend Courtney to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Emily

Courtney is incredible! Photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, as far as vendors and logistics go. It was important that we found not only a quality photographer, but also someone we (and our puppy) got along with. Courtney exceeded our expectations!... Read More We worked with her for our engagement and wedding. For our engagement session, she came to our home and captured us in our element. She worked with me through wedding planning and went out of her way to help with non-photography items too. For our wedding, her and her assistant Kelsey captured so many marvelous moments! They are both kind, friendly, outgoing enough to make anyone feel comfortable, yet able to blend in to let the bride and groom and family have our intimate ceremony and celebration. We love how our pictures turned out! She captured the moments I requested and of course many more! We were so happy that her and Kelsey are dog people that loved on our puppy and included her in photos. Courtney captures fleeting facial expressions, stunning scenery, and incorporates texture with a beautiful use of light. We are looking forward to staying in touch and working with her again in the future.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Amanda F

If you're thinking about hiring Courtney as your wedding photographer, DO IT! You won't regret it! Courtney was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process and the pictures that we got back from both our engagement session and wedding day are the... Read More best! Both my husband and I loved working with Courtney and would recommend her to anyone planning an upcoming wedding.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jenna T

I honestly can’t say enough positive things about Courtney. She is fabulous. Her outgoing personality is contagious and her genuinely sweet nature makes the idea of getting photographed fun and comfortable. My now husband was not excited about getting engagement photos but 5... Read More minutes into our 30 minute photoshoot – he actually said “this is fun”. I couldn’t believe how many photos we were able to get in that timeframe. Courtney is quick, efficient and full of ideas. I was able to put together an entire guestbook album from our 30 minute session where no shot looked the same. After seeing our engagement photos I had two friends immediately email her to do their family photos. Courtney on our wedding day was like a breath of fresh air. I felt so comfortable and just knew she had this. It was like having another friend in the room. Leading up to the wedding she checked in on me and was quick to answer and reassure me of any questions I had. She was more than just a photographer, she in a way, acted as a coordinator by looking over my schedule to ensure the day and what I had planned looked “right”. If anyone knows how a wedding should flow it’s your photographer! I can’t end this review without also mentioning how amazing Courtney’s assistant was. She (without asking) put on all the groomsmen’s boutonnieres, corralled the bridal party and offered to give me her coat between photos - in January! My husband and I will 100% use Courtney for future family photos and continue to recommend her to all our friends. She really is so fun, so sweet and so talented.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Dianne R

Courtney and her team are so fun to work with and her pictures are absolutely stunning! She made us feel so comfortable posing together, in front of her and her camera and we had a blast exploring the new locations she suggested for our photo shoots. She is fun, happy, cheerful... Read More and loves to laugh, which is exactly what my fiance and I needed to feel like ourselves in front of the camera. We truly feel like she brought out the best in us and captured that on film forever. We are so happy Courtney shot our big day. I recommend her with the highest possible confidence and trust to any couple who has photography as a priority on their list!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Lacey N

Courtney and her additional photographer captured our day even better than how I remember it. If you haven’t found your photographer, definitely check out her website and work. I’m so impressed with her talent, attention to detail, and responsiveness. She also took our... Read More engagement photos, which I would highly recommend to any couple planning to get married. My husband isn’t too warm on taking photographs and it allowed us the opportunity to get to know her before our wedding and make him a bit more comfortable. Everything was wonderful, from beginning to end. I wish I could do it all again and I"m so happy to have BEAUTIFUL photos to look back on our special day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Katie H

Courtney was seriously amazing! She was always professional and on top of her game. Not only that but was really quick at responding to emails, which was very helpful when you are trying to get wedding planning stuff done. She made my fiancé and I feel totally comfortable. We... Read More were both in love with our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. I shopped around for a while trying to book a photographer and it felt like everyone was overpriced and we would only get them for 6 hours tops + additional money for every hour as well as only 1 photographer. But Courtney was really reasonably priced and we had her there the entire night with a second photographer. She got our wedding pictures back to us just a few days over a month which we were totally not expecting since we got married during the busy season. I would definitely recommend Courtney! She was so easygoing and relaxed, and really friendly. Thank you again Courtney!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Katie S

Courtney was so wonderful to work with! She was incredibly responsive and above-and-beyond flexible and accommodating. She is so easy to work with and made us both feel really comfortable. Not to mention that the photos are GORGEOUS! I can't recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Jordyn C

We cannot say enough amazing things about Courtney!! I am very picky when it comes to photography and from the moment I saw Courtney's work I fell in love! Not only does she take INCREDIBLE pictures but she is also the sweetest, friendliest person you will ever meet. You will... Read More feel like best friends in minutes! She is super quick at responding and very flexible. After we met Courtney for the first time my husband who usually doesn't have a strong opinion said "I really liked her I think she is going to be the best photographer for our wedding!" So we did and I can tell you we will never regret that decision. We are not super comfortable in front of the camera and we had so much fun at our engagement session and wedding! The day of our wedding and the next day everyone was talking about how incredible of a photographer Courtney was and they hadn't even seen the photos yet! We have received one sneak peak picture so far (we got married a week ago) and let me tell you we are blown away by it! We cannot even wait to see the rest!! She also had the sweetest second photographer that we both adored. Our day could not have gone better and we truly think Courtney is a huge reason for that! Book Courtney you will be SO happy you did!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Cindy B

Courtney was AWESOME!!! Very professional, efficient, sweet, and just a pleasure to work with. The photographs are absolutely stunning!!! Would hire her again in a second!!! I feel we were lucky to have her!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Beau K

Courtney is so fun to work with! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and captured our day beautifully! Her assistants were amazing as well. She had all of our photos back to us within three weeks and they look GREAT. I would recommend Courtney to anyone. If you love... Read More romantic and classic photos as well as some fun, artistic, and modern poses, she is the photographer for you! She does it all. Thanks Courtney for such great photos.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Paige W

Courtney is absolutely incredible. She is so sweet, genuine, and seriously hilarious. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and I was nearly in tears at the end of our wedding because I don't know when we'll see her again. The first time I met her I felt... Read More like I'd met my new best friend. Her assistant Kassidy is just as fun and kind as she is. I honestly couldn't imagine a better duo to hang out with for 8+ hours on my wedding day--I don't think there is one. Aside from her amazing personality, Courtney is ridiculously talented. We haven't seen our wedding pictures yet but our engagement pictures turned out beautifully. I cannot say enough about Courtney and Kassidy. Courtney replies to emails extremely quickly which is another huge plus in hiring her as your photographer. I could go on and on about how amazing she is. You will not be disappointed if you book her. She is simply the best.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

Courtney is amazing and is truly interested in making the couple shine!!!

Courtney Bowlden

Hello! I am an international wedding photographer who specializes in photographing couples in love, even if you don't consider yourself "photogenic". I absolutely love weddings and love being able to tell stories through photographs. I love to travel and enjoy new places and sites. My favorite place is Paris! I am a mother of 2 and have been married since 2003. I love making new friends, going to movies (I love artsy films), concerts and listening to music. I have a Puggle who is 4 and love all animals. I am currently learning French so that I can one day live in France.