Crescent City Soul

New Orleans is known for great parties - make yours stand out with a band that will have everyone on their feet, dancing, singing, and screaming along! Weddings are a combination of all age groups - we have something for everyone. Throw the party they will be raving about for a long time to come!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Saxophone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

New Orleans, LA (504) 737-6717

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Stephanie G

If I could give 10 stars I would!! Not only is every single member of the band, INCREDIBLY talent musicians, they are even better entertainers! The guests literally danced all night! We hired them for the ceremony, reception, and second line, and everything was absolutely... Read More perfect! Seriously, I can not say enough wonderful things about how much fun we had! Wendy was wonderful in the planning process making sure everything was organized and ready to go, so I didn't have to worry at all about them the wedding day! The guests were raving about how incredible the band was, and how much fun they had! One of my bridesmaid's mothers is a musician, and i requested that she get up and sing a song, the band, with no hesitations, played whatever song she wanted and performed on stage with them. The guests thought we had planned it out ahead of time, bc they are THAT good! Don't go anywhere else, CCS is where it's at! :) thanks guys!

2017-07-08T13:06:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the AWESOME review Stephanie! Your mash-up dance with your dad was very cool and we enjoyed having your bridesmaid's mom sit in! Best wishes for a long and happy life together with Billy!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Grayson M

YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONSIDER ANYONE ELSE!!!!!! This is the band you want for your Wedding! My husband and I got married in June and we still have people telling us it was the best wedding band they had ever seen! They bring so much energy and fun to the evening you'll never want... Read More to leave the dance floor! They are so easy to work with and super professional. With an event that can be so stressful to plan, they make any worries disappear! I wish I could give them more then 5 stars, because they made every vision I had for our special night come true! I could go on and on! Did I mention Wendy's voice......Holy cow! She can do it all! I promise you will not regret this choice for a single second! Crescent City Soul is the best Wedding Band out there!!!!!! BOOK NOW before it's too late!

2016-09-09T14:32:13 Response from the vendor

Grayson, thank you so much for this incredible review! We had a great time and I was so happy you asked us to learn I Wanna Dance with Somebody - I really love doing that song! I hope you and Casey have a wonderful life... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Madeleine P

I wish I could give even more stars. They absolutely MADE our reception! Our wedding was six months ago and I still have people raving about our band. Every single song they played had our guests out on the dance floor. My groom and I left for our honeymoon the day after our... Read More wedding and we both agreed it was the most fun wedding we had ever been to (biased, I know, but still...) thanks to Wendy and CCS. I thought I would spend my own wedding trying to talk to everyone etc etc but I felt like I never left the dance floor. They are so engaging, Wendy comes out on the floor with everyone, gets the bride to sing which is really fun, and gets everyone dancing. I thought it was cool that they didn't just stay on stage but would come out and party with us while never missing a beat of their songs. And the horns!! I loved the brass section of the band- not many bands have such full, fun, live sound. They also were SUPER easy to get in touch with throughout the entire planning process and had all of our details down so I didn't have to worry about a single thing. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to everyone. In fact, one of my bridesmaids has already hired them for her wedding, which I think says everything! I cannot say enough good things about Wendy and CCS!

2015-10-12T20:03:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the awesome review Madeline! I hope you and Jacob are doing well! It was our pleasure to play for your party - such a great time!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Flair de Lis E

Flair de Lis Events coordinated a wedding/reception last night that CCS was hired to perform for. Wendy was a God Send, the couples second line band did not show up and we asked Wendy if she could pull something off and without hesitation, she said YES!!!! When they returned,... Read More they got on stage and started playing immediately and kept the guest on their feet dancing all night long. I will highly recommend them to couples looking for a live band!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Courtney D

Wendy and Crescent City Soul were awesome! My dad's one job for the wedding was to choose our band, and he knocked it out of the park. They were so cool throughout the entire process. We even had a weird stage conundrum based on the venue and they fielded all of my phone... Read More calls/e-mail questions with zero drama. They also did a mini second line from the church to the reception, which started the party off on the right note. Everyone complimented us on how great the band was. Highly recommend them.

2017-10-30T19:46:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Courtney! Hope you and Talmage have a great life together!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Mark S

My wife and I loved having Crescent City Soul Band play at our wedding! They sounded great, played a great mix of songs that was catered towards our playlist featuring both classic wedding songs and new songs, and really engaged the crowd to make it a fun night. We even got to... Read More sing on stage with them to "Don't Stop Believing." Everyone at the wedding was extremely happy with the band and had a great time.

2017-10-05T10:18:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review Mark! Best wishes to you and June for a wonderful life together!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Brittany B

I would give all the stars in the world if I could. No one compares to the entertainment that Crescent City Soul provided at our reception. Wendy was amazing throughout the entire process. The band learned a special song for us and truly made our night even more special! Our... Read More wedding was perfect and Crescent City Soul was a major part of it! Thank you for such an amazing night and keeping the dance floor full all night!

2017-09-21T09:14:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Brittany! As I said before, I will always remember your wedding reception because you were the first person I both taught and played for! I hope you and Vincent live long and happy lives together!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kristen M

We loved Crescent City Soul! Wendy was so easy to work with, as she responded to emails quickly and was very helpful with scheduling. My favorite part is that they are able to do cocktail hour music, reception music, and the second line! Our dance floor was packed the entire... Read More reception!

2017-09-18T20:31:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Kristen! We really enjoyed performing for you and Kevin!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Stacy S

Amazing reception thanks to the talent of these great people! Wendy was extremely helpful and such a pleasure to work with.

2017-09-18T15:26:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Stacey! It was a pleasure to play for you and Shelly!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Alissa T

I originally heard Crescent City Soul for a family wedding in New Orleans and was immediately blown away at how much fun they were! Fast forward about a year later and it was my turn to get married and thankfully CCS was available. I've had so many compliments about how well... Read More they performed and how fun they made the reception. If I could do it again I would choose CCS every time!

2017-09-18T15:34:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review Alissa! Yours was a really fun wedding - your friends and family got wild! Hope you and Cole continue to have that much fun in your marriage!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lacey M

This band was phenomenal at my wedding! They got the crowd moving and played a variety of songs! Wendy was so interactive with the crowd. I cannot say enough great things; from the horns to the voices, everything was spot on! You won't be disappointed with this group!

2017-07-17T11:59:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is our honor to perform for couples on one of the most special days of their lives!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Martha L

Crescent City Soul is FANTASTIC. I initially chose them because their available song list included the most extensive selection of New Orleans/Jazz/Funk/Blues songs I had seen, in addition to top 40. They did not disappoint. They took my requests to heart while also doing an... Read More excellent job of reading the crowd. They played a perfect variety of songs that kept people of all ages on the dance floor. Multiple band members perform vocals (and they all have incredible voices), which allows them to play a wide variety of songs. The band made our reception and I would highly recommend them!

2017-06-11T13:22:00 Response from the vendor

Martha, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Playing for someone from my own high school was a first for me - I loved it! Please send me the picture you had taken of all the Grissom Alum if... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kristen E

I just got married and had Crescent City Soul perform at my reception. I have to admit at first I was nervous hiring a band because I felt they would be limited on song choices and a DJ would have everything we needed. I will tell you now, if you are on the fence about hiring a... Read More band or a DJ; definitely go with this band! A DJ is overrated. I am sooooo glad I went with Wendy and her band! They have so many songs they play and are willing to learn a special song for you. The vocals and musicaI talent are amazing! I had a small crowd at my wedding; consisting of non-dancers. I was afraid that no one would dance. Crescent City Soul had every single person on the dance floor! And they stayed there! I did not create a song list, so I trusted Wendy to feel out the crowd and decide on the songs. She did not disappoint! She chose the best songs!! And played them wonderfully! All of my guests loved the band. It was something different. It was like dinner and show. And boy they can put on an excellent show!! We loved them so much that when are in New Orleans again we will definitely look for them to see where they are playing. Wendy, if you are reading this, please know that are so grateful to you and your band. You really made our day a very special and memorable one! You have life long fans!!

2017-06-10T01:46:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Kristen, it was our pleasure! Thanks for the great review - your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and it had some of the most heartfelt speeches I have ever heard. I know you and Randy will be blessed with beautiful lives together! I hope you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Michelle G

I hired CCS to play at our Mardi Gras ball in Florida this past weekend. They rocked the party, and had everyone dancing to the end, begging for more! I used them three years ago at another ball and they over-delivered then too. If you want a band that knows how to engage the... Read More crowd, keep them happy, and most importantly and have them dancing until the end, then CCS is your choice! They are an extremely talented, friendly, crowd-pleasing band!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Diana F

The band was great! They really had everyone on the dance floor from the beginning until the end. We were SO pleased with their performance!

2017-02-15T01:19:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review Diana! It was our honor and pleasure to perform for you and Michael. We hope you enjoy long happy lives together!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Julienne H

Crescent City Soul did an incredible job at our wedding!! My husband and I met at music conservatory and had a lot of guests who are musicians, and they were all very impressed with the quality of the band’s performance. Wendy and her team are true professionals—she really... Read More helped with the planning process and did a great job selecting songs and responding to the crowd. Our reception music was very important to us, and Crescent City Soul met and exceeded our expectations in every respect. We still get compliments many months later!! Very, very highly recommended!

2017-01-02T08:40:55 Response from the vendor

It means so much that you took the time to give us such a great review! That really was a special night I will always remember it - it isn't often one of the guests stops the show to get up on stage to praise... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Candace H

This is the band to have to ensure your wedding is the best! The band is high energy and traditional at the same time. The interaction that Wendy has with the crowd was wonderful. I have had many people tell me that my wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, and... Read More one where they danced when they usually don't. I attribute a lot of this to Crescent City Soul. Thank you Wendy and the group!!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Hallie M

DANG!!!!!! They were amazing. Wendy, who coordinates everything with the band, as well as being the lead singer was so awesome. She actually ended up filming part of our ceremony with our videographer! She can obviously do it all! Wendy was so easy to work with and always... Read More available to answer our questions. She sent us a list of songs that were likely going to play at the wedding and we didn't even have to send a list back of what we wanted or didn't want because it was the perfect list already. Before they began playing, we wanted background music which they happily did until we arrived. Everyone LOVED the band. They were so awesome and got the party started right away. They played all the songs that everyone could sing along to--from the 10 year olds who owned the dance floor to the old people who slayed it out there too. They came with props too, which were so much fun. We had such an amazing time and are so excited to recommend them to everyone else to make their wedding perfect! Thanks again!!!!!!!! Y'all rock.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Emily B

Awesome band!! We got married in march in New Orleans and crescent city soul was absolutely fabulous! We had an amazing time and all of our guests LOVED the band and have been raving about our reception and how awesome the band was! Also Wendy was awesome to work with and kept... Read More everything easy peasy! Without a doubt an awesome band choice!

2016-10-10T09:47:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review Emily! Your guests were so much fun! We wish you and Marcus a lifetime of happiness together!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 John H

Wendy and her team are the real deal! We went in with high expectations and CCS far exceeded them. Wendy is truly a professional. We planned our New Orleans wedding from New England and Wendy was always available by phone and email. She took the time to understand all the... Read More details of our wedding and was able to coordinate with all the other vendors to make sure all the behind-the-scenes work went smoothly. In terms of the quality of the performance: We were blown away; people still tell us how incredible the band was. Wendy has a true talent for reading a room. She picked the perfect songs at all the right times and kept the flow moving throughout the reception. The quality of the band is astounding. Every genre was authentic, full of energy, and fun. You can tell Wendy and her team are having a great time up there and it really makes the atmosphere of the event that much more special. In terms of logistics and quality, CCS is easy to recommend. They are great people that make great music, and will help to make your special day memorable. Thanks Wendy.

2016-09-30T22:00:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review John! It was a pleasure performing for you and Julienne! I will always remember your reception for the elderly lady who came up on the stage, took the microphone, and praised the band to your crowd! That was one of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Bri H

I could not be happier with Wendy and her crew. They are incredibly professional and really know how to create an awesome experience. I did not use traditional music for my ceremony, and they were more than happy to accommodate my request, on pretty short notice. Our wedding was... Read More about 4 months ago and I am still getting huge compliments about how much fun Wendy and all of Crescent City Soul is. The music selection was on point! This band was a huge part of making my wedding night magical. Wouldn't change a thing. Brianna Hales

2016-09-13T10:36:40 Response from the vendor

It was a beautiful night and we were honored to be a part of your special day! Blessings to you and Scott and thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan C

After hearing CCS at another wedding reception, we knew immediately who we wanted to hire when we began planning our daughter's reception. Wendy was very easy to work with and helpful! And they didn't disappoint, as they had everybody up and dancing! Our guests continue to... Read More compliment us on our choice! Thank you Wendy and CCS for making the night unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Dan P

The best wedding band anyone could ask for. We could not be happier. You should not consider any other band. Wendy and her team were very friendly, responsive, easy to work with, and most importantly - they put on an awesome show that every guest said was just amazing! We are so... Read More happy we went with Crescent City Soul Band - I am more than confident they are the best out there! Don't look any further - this is your band.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Amanda H

Please hire Crescent City Soul for your wedding. They did an amazing job making our wedding so much FUN! They had everyone on the dance floor and got everyone involved. Wendy was so easy to work with and even helped us with our second line. She also gave us great recommendations... Read More for other vendors and helped us get our videographer too!!

2016-09-09T12:45:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks Amanda! Your reception was crazy, off the hook fun! Thank you and Evan for having us!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Michael P

LOOK NO FURTHER! The band IS the party and this band made our daughter’s wedding reception a spectacular success! Wendy and Crescent City Soul had everyone on their feet from start to finish. Only Five Stars is almost an insult! Easy to work with. Fantastic music coupled... Read More with honesty and integrity. The perfect combination. Guests from New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Jackson and points in between are still sending us emails raving about Crescent City Soul!

2016-09-08T16:50:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks Mike, it was our pleasure performing for your party! We hope Mollie and Dan have long and happy lives together!

Wendy Siegel

I have sung constantly ever since I can remember. One day my husband mentioned to a friend who had a band that I could sing and the friend asked if I wanted to sit in with his band - did I ever! Two songs later I was hired by another band that happened to be in the audience and I have performed professionally ever since. In addition to my own two bands (Crescent City Soul and Dr Rock - my classic rock band) am the go to Female vocalist to sub for many bands in New Orleans due to the huge number of songs I know and my ability to sing any style. I have done studio work - both lead and back up.