Natural, Unique & Spontaneous

VA, DC & MD Wedding and Destination Photographer. We've been featured in JET Magazine, Bridal Guide Magazine, Chic Bride of the UK and more! Check out our blog: crystalimageblog.com Email us today for more information on our wedding packages [email protected] or visit the website.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

200 North Street, Farmville, VA Serving MD, DC and VA (434) 610-8917

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Cheryl M

From the very first day I met Crystal, I knew she had to be our photographer. She is funny, creative, talented, attentive, an amazing photographer and an equally amazing friend!!! Our engagement photo shoot was so much fun and the pictures she captured are beyond what we could... Read More ever imagine. She also photographed our family (me, my fiance, and our two fur pups) and had me in tears when I saw them for the first time; the memories of that day captured beautifully. On our wedding day, Crystal was the calm I needed, she payed attention to the little details (my bridesmaids had hair ties on their wrists =), had so many fun and creative ideas, captured so many candid moments, and we shared so many great laughs. Crystal is a forever friend and I cannot wait for my husband and I to include Crystal in our journey through life together!! I highly recommend her to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lyda M

Crystal was amazing from the first email to the final shot! We were out of state and she met with us on the phone, communicated quickly via email, and made time to meet with us when we visited Virginia a few months before the wedding, and again a few days before the wedding!... Read More We felt like we were her most important clients. I love that she only works with one wedding per day; we were happy knowing we could extend our time with her if needed. She also made sure to get the photos we wanted, not what she wanted. We had a wonderful experience with Crystal, and I would recommend her to my closest friends and family!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

My husband and I love all of the pictures from our engagement session and our wedding day! Crystal was fun to work with, and she had some great ideas for photos. She was also very organized and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Her prices were very reasonable,... Read More and she offered a variety of photo packages. This was important to us because some photographers we looked at offered very limited packages that didn't fit in our budget or didn't include certain things we wanted. I would definitely recommend Crystal Image Photography to anyone looking for a fun and knowledgeable photographer to work with and for reasonable prices to fit in any wedding budget!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Cathy D

Crystal is worth EVERY PENNY! She did my daughter's engagement and wedding photography and we couldn't have been happier. She took the time to sit with the bride and groom and discuss exactly what they were looking for and totally delivered . Our wedding was outdoors and went... Read More into the evening and Crystal did an awesome job dealing with difficult lighting from daylight to sunset to dark of night. Both her posed and candid shots are fantastic. She caught Mother of The Bride and Mother of the Groom simultaneously wiping tears out of their eyes during the ceremony,great "getting ready photos" and pictures of the bride and groom that look like she is peeking through the azaleas at them with the bushes soft focused in the foreground, the bride and groom with uplighting in our yard at night and one of my personal favorites...the bridal party from my bulldog puppy's point of view with dog on a bench in the foreground. She is a true pro and got all of the lighting effects my daughter was looking for. We would recommend Crystal Image Photography to anyone looking to capture their unique personalities and event with pictures they will treasure for life! Prints were of awesome quality and we are having trouble figuring out what to put in the wedding album because there are so many EXCELLENT shots. And she got it all without being in anyone's face like I have seen at other weddings.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Kaitlin H

Crystal was perfect. We did engagement and wedding day photos with her. She knows when to give direction, and knows when to let things flow naturally. She was never in the way or distracting during the ceremony or reception (I honestly forgot she was there!) and yet she gave us... Read More heaps of stunning photographs. Very professional woman, and very affordable. I'm so grateful we chose her.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily Y

Crystal shot my engagement and my wedding photos. I could gush about the photos and how beautiful they are (because WOW! they REALLY are) but I want to tell you why I will forever be absolutely in love with this photographer. Exactly two weeks after I got married to the man of... Read More my dreams, my oldest brother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. In an emotional post, I asked Facebook to tag me in pictures of my brother. Almost immediately I got a message; it was Crystal telling me that she would drop what she was doing, find all the wedding pictures with my brother in them, and send them to me. I really really can't express the gratitude that I have. She took the last picture of me and my brother and it is beautiful and perfect in every way. Not everyone has that kind heart to do something like that. I'm sure there were other brides and people that were waiting on photos too. I am so appreciative of Crystal and would recommend her to any person, any day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 B M

Crystal was amazing! The pictures she took for us will be treasured. She captured our wedding so beautifully and was open to ideas and suggestions. She kept it lighthearted and made sure we all still had fun. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicky Z

Crystal and her team were absolutely wonderful. She has been extremely responsive from the moment we first contacted her and has been truly amazing to work with. Crystal's easygoing and fun personality made it easy to relax and enjoy our engagement photo/wedding photo sessions!... Read More She captured so many beautiful moments and I highly recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nhu T

Crystal and her team did a great job! I was only expecting Crystal and one other photographer but she brought another person to help out with setting up, etc. They took all the photos we wanted but were never in the way.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jamie B

Crystal and her assistant braved the strong winds and rain to photograph our wedding. She was extremely professional and very nice. Even though I did not have cell reception, she found ways to communicate with me the day of, and I am very grateful to her. It was raining so hard... Read More that we couldn't get many outdoor shots, and she even offered to have us come back a later time to get the outdoor shots. We are very happy we hired her.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Caitlin S

Crystal and her team were awesome. They made sure to get all the shots that were really important to my husband and I. Our pictures turned out wonderful and Crystal is super easy going and fun to work with.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Sarah V

Crystal does great work! Our engagement photos and wedding photos were everything we ever dreamed of! Crystal is very easy to work with and made me feel so comfortable during our engagement session and wedding. She had some great ideas for poses and also let us pick some special... Read More photos we wanted as well. She is the only photographer we will ever use.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Ashley C

Perfection. That is the best way to describe her. Everything you want and more out of a photographer.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016

Excellent service and great communication throughout the process. Extremely happy with the photos from our engagement session and wedding. Would use Crystal Photography again.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Tim P

Crystal was an excelled photographer. We absolutely loved out pictures. She was both very professional and very fun to work with! Totally recommend!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Noelle M

We used Crystal Image Photography for our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures. We loved them all! Her packages are very VERY well priced for what you receive. Crystal was accommodating and engaged with the entire wedding party day of. She is very down to earth... Read More and easy to work with. I love the variety of poses she got with my husband and I. I did wish that I had a greater variety of poses with our bridal party, but I think this was because we had a very large party (8 on each side). We recieved all of our images in a very timely manner, and all of our communication leading up to the big day was very timely, which was important to me as I had one vendor I had to hunt down. Overall I would definitely recommend Crystal Image Photography!

Lovely Wedding at The Overhills Mansion in Catonsville on 03/14/15

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

Before our big day, Crystal was very attentive and provided us with detailed questions and instructions. She was totally willing to go above and beyond for us - all within our budget. We even got a picture of us and the wedding party running from some star wars baddies and fire... Read More - it was epic and a guest favorite of our wedding! On our big day, Crystal and her staff arrived on time. They took pictures of my husband and I as we were getting dressed/ready. They also took pictures of the venue before the guests arrived. They took some great candids, as well. All of the pictures were creative and Crystal made sure to take multiple positions/standpoints, so we could choose the ones we liked best. Afterwards, we received our flash drive a few weeks after the wedding. It allows for easy uploads and ordering from our favorite printer, which was ideal. Crystal and her staff were phenomenal and you can't beat the price PLUS the expertise! Thank you so much Crystal!

THE BEST

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

The only part of our wedding that we truly did not have to worry about at all is photography. We knew Crystal had this under control. She was courteous, professional, and timely and quality of her work is extraordinary. The only photographer we will ever use or recommend is... Read More Crystal Image, because she truly IS THE BEST!

Fantastic wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 5/16/2015

Crystal does an amazing job! She's creative and fun while maintaining her focus and professionalism. She was responsive to each email and phone call throughout the process, always responding quickly and super easy to work with! Crystal does such a great job on all the little... Read More details which is what makes each picture so fantastic. She helped us relax and have fun during our engagement photo shoot which made us so much more comfortable on our wedding day. She uses a lot of variety to ensure that you will have many amazing memories of your wedding - color, black and white, different focus points, lots of different layouts and compositions, as well as posed and candid shots. We highly recommend her for your special event! You will get amazing pictures, a consummate professional and have fun during the process!!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015

I found Crystal after much googling to find the perfect photographer. I loved her pictures and the use of color and light and on top of it, I couldn't believe the prices! I contacted her right away and we set up a phone call. Crystal was so easy to talk with, very professional,... Read More and answered all of my many questions! After that, I booked her right away for our April 4th wedding in Cape Charles! We also did an engagement shoot, which was great for us to be able to meet Crystal before the wedding. Crystal did such a great job directing us (we're a little awkward in front of a camera) and she got a ton of beautiful shots for us! Crystal and Jennifer did such a great job at our wedding! It was quite windy out, but they found a perfect locations for the first look, family, and bridal party photos. We absolutely loved working with Crystal! It was such a wonderful experience; she and Jennifer were professional but also fun to work with. Our wedding pictures came out absolutely perfect! When I saw them for the first time, I felt like I was reliving the day all over again! I really couldn't be happier with my experience with Crystal Image Photography! I would highly recommend you book them for your wedding photography!

Perfect photographer!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Erika C

I used CIP for my wedding in virginia beach in 08/2014. I must say hiring her was an unregretable experience for a once in a life time day. SHe was punctual, friendly, and very caring. she captured elegance and emotion in her pictures. I searched google high and low for 12 hours... Read More to find her. Even through she is very busy she makes customer service a priority. I highly recommend CIP.

Outstanding Job!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Crystal Image Photography did an outstanding job during our wedding! Crystal was extremely easy to work with and was very professional, as was the rest of her team. Crystal and her team were taking photos non stop for well over six hours, yet they were not obtrusive at all.... Read More This is what I was most impressed with because I have been to weddings where all you see is a photographer walking through the middle of everything. The images they captured were amazing!

PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Sarah C

CIP was referred to me by my Maid of Honor because she had just done her wedding less than a year before mine. I was able to look at her photographs and I fell in love. She does such a good job capturing every aspect of the day!! Her website is user friendly and lists her... Read More packages and everything it includes (you can customize what you want also). Even if you have questions, she is so helpful in making sure you're fully informed. I just recently got my pictures back and i absolutely LOVE them!!! They're going to be so hard to pick through because she did such an amazing job!! I wold definitely recommend Crystal Image to any bride looking for a photographer!!!

We Love Crystal!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Jen B

We just received our wedding pictures from Crystal and absolutely love them! It wasn't difficult to decide that Crystal was the right choice for us. After weeks of researching photographers, I was completely floored at how expensive it was in the Northern Virginia area just... Read More to have a couple of hours of photography. When I stumbled upon Crystal's website I was shocked, I thought for sure there was a mistake with her pricing as it was 2 to 3 times cheaper than everyone else. Her pricing and packages were a dream come true!! The main deciding factor of course were her pictures. I really liked how real they were, she knows exactly what angles you should be at, how the lighting will effect the shot, and most importantly how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. It was also a huge plus that she agreed to work with us, even with the 5+ hour drive. We are extremely happy with our pictures and the experience with Crystal!! We have received so many compliments!!! She truly captured our love in our engagement session (which she includes in her packages) and the pure joy and excitement of our wedding day! My husband, who normally avoids being in pictures had a blast, he loved it and we had so much fun! We are a pretty laid back couple and just let Crystal do her thing, the results are by far better than I had imagined. I would highly recommend Crystal for any and all photography needs!!!! Crystal is amazing!!!!

Great Job!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Amber D

Crystal was always helpful in working with our ever changing schedules due to work and military obligations. The pictures turned out fantastic and arrived within a couple of weeks after the wedding.

Crystal Vandegrift

I'm Crystal owner of Crystal Image Photography. I'm glad you stopped by to visit our website and learn more about our Wedding & Destination Photography and our Portrait Photography. If you asked any of my friends, they will tell you that my passion is wedding photography and I love to travel! I'm based in Farmville, VA but that does not stop us from traveling all over the country for weddings and I LOVE that! If you are a fun, easy going bride to be who loves unique images and values photography, we are the wedding photographers for you! ā€‹