Natural, Unique & Spontaneous

VA, DC, NC & MD Wedding and Destination Photographer. We've been featured in JET Magazine, Bridal Guide Magazine, Chic Bride of the UK and more! Email us today for more information on our wedding packages [email protected] or visit the website.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Morgan S

Crystal was amazing!! Everything from start to finish with the whole photography process for our wedding was easy thanks to Crystal. Her photos of our wedding and engagement pictures were some of the best I have seen. I have had countless people tell me how great my wedding... Read More photos were and what a great job she did on the pictures. Crystal is also great to work with and she knows how to bring out the best pictures for a couple's special day. I am so lucky I picked Crystal for my wedding and engagement photos and I will continue to use her for important life events in the future!

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Felice L

Crystal was absolutely amazing to work with on our wedding day. I knew she was the one for us instantly. I saw that she has many great reviews and her portfolio is beautiful. Once i read that she was a cat lady like me, I knew it was meant to be. She is a very talented woman... Read More with a great personality. She is very laid back and easy going, which is exactly what we were looking for. I was planning my wedding from out of town and she was very accommodating. Crystal went out of her way to meet with me when I was in town. On the day of the wedding, Crystal brought her sister to be her second photographer. She was equally amazing. They play off of each other very well and work together in a unique way that I enjoyed. I will be forever thankful, I was about to head down the aisle and almost lost it, but she was right there got me calmed down before I stepped out. They captured some amazing moments for us and I’m so thankful. They were unbelievably professional and kept my rowdy group of boys in line. Thank you so much for your hard work and amazing talent. Couldn’t be happier with photos. You guys did an amazing job!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Chrissy S

When I got engaged, I knew who I wanted to take our engagement pictures and also photograph our wedding. I contacted Crystal and asked her if she would be willing to come to Gettysburg, PA to take our engagement pictures and she was more than happy to drive 4 1/2 hours to our... Read More farm to capture my "farmer fiancé" and I in the cornfield, in our sunflower field and on our combine. On the day she drove up to take our pictures, it was a really hot and humid August day. She walked around the farm with us snapping pictures and was willing to do whatever we wanted. She did an amazing job capturing who we were and was patient with us when we changed outfits. We also hired Crystal to also photograph our wedding the following September. We filled out a questionnaire beforehand so she knew exactly what kinds of pictures we were wanting her to take. A few days before our wedding, she called and made sure everything was on schedule and letting us know what time we would expect her to arrive at the wedding. My fiancé and I did a "First Look" before the wedding and Crystal was so professional and everything went so smoothly. I can't begin to say how satisfied we are with our wedding pictures!! They were absolutely beautiful! She took pictures of all the little detailed things! I would highly recommend Crystal if you are looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 David H

We could not ask for a better photographer than Crystal. Not only she is super sweet and nice but she's also very professional and makes you feel very comfortable while taking your pictures to ensure that they are amazing. And the pictures are nothing less then beautiful. She... Read More made our wedding day a dream and we have pictures to prove it. the price of the wedding packages and what you get with the prices cannot be matched. Not only you're paying for the pictures but you're paying for the experience of Excellence as well. I went thousand percent recommend Crystal and if I ever need a photographer in the future I will always be going to her!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 A C

We really enjoyed working with Crystal! After looking at countless photographers, we weren’t sure we’d find the right photographer for us. When we stumbled upon Crystal’s website, our interest was immediately piqued. Her photos were stunning and exuded her passion for capturing... Read More each couple’s love. After our first phone call with Crystal, we knew she was the right photographer for us. Crystal is very easy to work with; she is flexible, low-key and always responsive. From beautiful engagement photos to stunning wedding shots, Crystal exceeded our expectation of what a wedding photographer could be. She is a pleasure to work with and an all-around great person. Many of our guests commented that she is comfortable to be around and unobtrusive. We are truly lucky to have found Crystal!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Tori P

Crystal did an exclent job on our wedding! I was amazed by the pictures after. I loved how she took time with meeting my husband and I before booking. Crystal and her assistant did wonderful the day of the wedding and made sure to capture everything I wanted!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kelsey W

Crystal did a phenomenal job photographing our wedding and our engagement session! I would recommend her to anyone! She was a joy to work with and had amazing ideas for pictures! Best pictures i have ever received thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kyle L

Crystal was professional and friendly. Her packages were a good value and exactly what we were looking for. She welcomes your ideas if you have specific shots you would want, so if you have an idea, let her know! We were a little behind on our wedding day and she and her... Read More assistant were flexible with timing. We also hardly knew they were there!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Mr. & Mrs. Sam S

Ms. Crystal was awesome. Pictures are beautiful. She is five stars plus - infinity!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Naomi S

Crystal did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding a few weekends ago! She was extremely professional, friendly, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Since the initial consultation, we knew that Crystal was the right photographer for us. She captured beautiful portraits and... Read More tons of fun reception photos. We are extremely pleased with our pictures and will treasure them for the rest of our lives. Crystal made our day that much more special and we would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer in the area!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Erica K

I cannot give enough praise to Crystal for capturing our wedding day.  Crystal was very quick in contacting me back when I requested information.  It was easy to set up a custom package and book a date.  We did an engagement shoot and she gave us much needed instruction on what... Read More poses looked best.  I personally loved that because all of our pictures came out beautiful and natural.  It's hard to know how to pose, so having someone instruct you for what to do made picture taking so much easier, especially for the wedding day.   She had great ideas for background, poses, and listened to all of our suggestions.   When it came to the actual day she traveled to MD to capture our wedding.  She was on time and had a second photographer, which allowed us to get different views and angles of our wedding day.  It was raining that day, and she was more than willing to go through the rain with us to get some amazing outdoor shots.  We received our photos in 3 weeks, which is really quick and they were so much better than I could have hoped for!  Crystal has a way of capturing memories where they look so candid and in the moment, instead of looking extremely posed.  Every time I look at our photos you can see the genuine love and happiness of two people coming together with their families.  Plus, Crystal is such a chill and down to earth person, it made taking pictures easier.  So if you're looking for an amazing photographer that's affordable, will travel, and capture the moments instead of the poses for your wedding day, there is no better person/photographer than Crystal.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Collette D

We had an amazing experience with Crystal, from a video conference with my mother and my then-fiance to our engagement shoot at the College of William and Mary to the day of our backyard wedding in Virginia Beach. All of her shots were beautiful and she captured our personality... Read More and our relationship without ever being intrusive or taking us out of "the moment". Our experience was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Cathy D

Crystal is worth EVERY PENNY! She did my daughter's engagement and wedding photography and we couldn't have been happier. She took the time to sit with the bride and groom and discuss exactly what they were looking for and totally delivered . Our wedding was outdoors and went... Read More into the evening and Crystal did an awesome job dealing with difficult lighting from daylight to sunset to dark of night. Both her posed and candid shots are fantastic. She caught Mother of The Bride and Mother of the Groom simultaneously wiping tears out of their eyes during the ceremony,great "getting ready photos" and pictures of the bride and groom that look like she is peeking through the azaleas at them with the bushes soft focused in the foreground, the bride and groom with uplighting in our yard at night and one of my personal favorites...the bridal party from my bulldog puppy's point of view with dog on a bench in the foreground. She is a true pro and got all of the lighting effects my daughter was looking for. We would recommend Crystal Image Photography to anyone looking to capture their unique personalities and event with pictures they will treasure for life! Prints were of awesome quality and we are having trouble figuring out what to put in the wedding album because there are so many EXCELLENT shots. And she got it all without being in anyone's face like I have seen at other weddings.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Kaitlin H

Crystal was perfect. We did engagement and wedding day photos with her. She knows when to give direction, and knows when to let things flow naturally. She was never in the way or distracting during the ceremony or reception (I honestly forgot she was there!) and yet she gave us... Read More heaps of stunning photographs. Very professional woman, and very affordable. I'm so grateful we chose her.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily Y

Crystal shot my engagement and my wedding photos. I could gush about the photos and how beautiful they are (because WOW! they REALLY are) but I want to tell you why I will forever be absolutely in love with this photographer. Exactly two weeks after I got married to the man of... Read More my dreams, my oldest brother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. In an emotional post, I asked Facebook to tag me in pictures of my brother. Almost immediately I got a message; it was Crystal telling me that she would drop what she was doing, find all the wedding pictures with my brother in them, and send them to me. I really really can't express the gratitude that I have. She took the last picture of me and my brother and it is beautiful and perfect in every way. Not everyone has that kind heart to do something like that. I'm sure there were other brides and people that were waiting on photos too. I am so appreciative of Crystal and would recommend her to any person, any day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 B M

Crystal was amazing! The pictures she took for us will be treasured. She captured our wedding so beautifully and was open to ideas and suggestions. She kept it lighthearted and made sure we all still had fun. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicky Z

Crystal and her team were absolutely wonderful. She has been extremely responsive from the moment we first contacted her and has been truly amazing to work with. Crystal's easygoing and fun personality made it easy to relax and enjoy our engagement photo/wedding photo sessions!... Read More She captured so many beautiful moments and I highly recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nhu T

Crystal and her team did a great job! I was only expecting Crystal and one other photographer but she brought another person to help out with setting up, etc. They took all the photos we wanted but were never in the way.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jamie B

Crystal and her assistant braved the strong winds and rain to photograph our wedding. She was extremely professional and very nice. Even though I did not have cell reception, she found ways to communicate with me the day of, and I am very grateful to her. It was raining so hard... Read More that we couldn't get many outdoor shots, and she even offered to have us come back a later time to get the outdoor shots. We are very happy we hired her.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Cheryl M

From the very first day I met Crystal, I knew she had to be our photographer. She is funny, creative, talented, attentive, an amazing photographer and an equally amazing friend!!! Our engagement photo shoot was so much fun and the pictures she captured are beyond what we could... Read More ever imagine. She also photographed our family (me, my fiance, and our two fur pups) and had me in tears when I saw them for the first time; the memories of that day captured beautifully. On our wedding day, Crystal was the calm I needed, she payed attention to the little details (my bridesmaids had hair ties on their wrists =), had so many fun and creative ideas, captured so many candid moments, and we shared so many great laughs. Crystal is a forever friend and I cannot wait for my husband and I to include Crystal in our journey through life together!! I highly recommend her to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Caitlin S

Crystal and her team were awesome. They made sure to get all the shots that were really important to my husband and I. Our pictures turned out wonderful and Crystal is super easy going and fun to work with.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Sarah V

Crystal does great work! Our engagement photos and wedding photos were everything we ever dreamed of! Crystal is very easy to work with and made me feel so comfortable during our engagement session and wedding. She had some great ideas for poses and also let us pick some special... Read More photos we wanted as well. She is the only photographer we will ever use.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Ashley C

Perfection. That is the best way to describe her. Everything you want and more out of a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lyda M

Crystal was amazing from the first email to the final shot! We were out of state and she met with us on the phone, communicated quickly via email, and made time to meet with us when we visited Virginia a few months before the wedding, and again a few days before the wedding!... Read More We felt like we were her most important clients. I love that she only works with one wedding per day; we were happy knowing we could extend our time with her if needed. She also made sure to get the photos we wanted, not what she wanted. We had a wonderful experience with Crystal, and I would recommend her to my closest friends and family!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

My husband and I love all of the pictures from our engagement session and our wedding day! Crystal was fun to work with, and she had some great ideas for photos. She was also very organized and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Her prices were very reasonable,... Read More and she offered a variety of photo packages. This was important to us because some photographers we looked at offered very limited packages that didn't fit in our budget or didn't include certain things we wanted. I would definitely recommend Crystal Image Photography to anyone looking for a fun and knowledgeable photographer to work with and for reasonable prices to fit in any wedding budget!

Crystal Vandegrift

I'm Crystal owner of Crystal Image Photography. I'm glad you stopped by to visit our website and learn more about our Wedding & Destination Photography and our Portrait Photography. If you asked any of my friends, they will tell you that my passion is wedding photography and I love to travel! I'm based in Farmville, VA but that does not stop us from traveling all over the country for weddings and I LOVE that! If you are a fun, easy going bride to be who loves unique images and values photography, we are the wedding photographers for you! ​