Crystal Lake Golf Club

Country Club, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

8493 Fairway Dr., Beulah, MI (231) 633-9043

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Erica C

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? We chose Crystal Lake for our wedding venue and we could not have been happier! Tracy, you are amazing at what you do and I will truly miss you. Thank you so much for answering every email and for making the wedding planning process so easy for... Read More me. You are truly an asset to Crystal Lake and I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything you did for us. Our day was absolutely perfect and we owe it to you and your amazing staff. There are not enough stars in the galaxy to rate the experience we had. Beautiful venue with very unique add on options.... LOL! The food was awesome and the service was excellent. People are going to be talking about our wedding for a long time! Well worth every penny. Thank you so much!!! ♡

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

Cannot say enough good things about thus venue. Stunning views of Platte Lake along with the excellent staff made Crystsl Lake Golf Club the perfect location for our daughters wedding. Liz and Jaime made sure everything went smoothly from start to finish., staying in contact... Read More through the entire process even though we were three hours away. The bartenders there worked their tails off making sure the drinks flowed in a timely manner which was no small feat as our guest list was over 220 people! When the reception was over their crew made sure everything was picked up and set aside for easy pick up the next day. If you are looking for the perfect location for a memorable place stop looking, this is "the" place.

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

It was a pleasure to have Liz and her staff take care of my daughter's wedding reception September 20, 2014. The venue and view were beautiful. The tent sparkled. The grounds with Crystal Lake in the background made beautiful backdrops for pictures. We live 4 1/2 hours away. I... Read More felt confident that everything would be ready with Liz as our wedding coordinator. She gave great recommendations for florists, accommodations, and caterers.

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 John P

We recently had our wedding and wedding reception at Crystal lake golf course and couldn't have been happier. The venue itself is beautiful, surrounded by trees and overlooking Crystal lake. The tent is huge and they did an amazing job decorating it, when I saw it for the first... Read More time I was speechless at the transformation from the rehearsal to the day of. We worked with Liz and she was great, incredibly helpful and efficient. My questions were answered right away and she was very professional and made sure it all went off without a hitch. My friend is getting married there in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited that she chose that venue. Overall it was a wonderful experience at a wonderful place!

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Dayna S

From the moment we chose to have our reception at the Crystal Lake Golf Club we knew we made the right decision. Liz, their wedding coordinator, along with all of the other staff members we encountered throughout the planning process were absolutely fabulous! She helped to... Read More constantly put our minds at ease throughout the entire process and always went above and beyond. My husband is a brewer and even though we were unable to have home-brewed beer at our reception Liz helped us to make our reception unique. Local products, vendors and personal touches throughout our reception made it very special. When some of our original vendors fell through, Liz was there to the rescue suggesting fabulous alternate vendors. Also, when there was a torrential downpour on the morning of our wedding day that threatened our Elberta beach ceremony, Liz ensured us that we could have a beautiful ceremony under our reception tent if needed. Somehow the clouds broke and rain stopped, so we were able to have our beach ceremony as planned. Liz helped to make sure everything was in place and worked seamlessly with our other vendors. She even helped to put our reception flower arrangements together. When we arrived at the reception the perfectly decorated tent complimented the gorgeous backdrop of the golf course. We received endless compliments from our guests on the fantastic setting, staff, and attention to detail. Our entire wedding was better than we could've ever imagined. We had an absolute blast, and didn't want the evening to end! Even though Liz was unable to stay for our reception, her co-worker Jamie did a fantastic job coordinating the evening. They are a dream team!The quality of service is top notch. You will not be disappointed if you choose to have your wedding or any other event at the Crystal Lake Golf Course with Crystal Lake Weddings. Endless thanks to Liz, Jamie, and the rest of the staff at the Crystal Lake Golf Club!

Wonderful Reception

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Erica E

A year and a half ago we found the Crystal Lake Golf Course. Instantly I knew this is where I wanted my reception to be. The view and grounds are gorgeous and my guests loved it. Fast forward a year and a half later and the day was here. ALL the staff at the golf course were... Read More amazing, they truly went above and beyond for me and my guests. Liz is a rock star! She is truly every brides dream on such a stressful day. Something's did not go as perfectly with the caterer, but I didn't even find out until the next day. That's how good she is. Only good things to say about CLGC!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Katie B

I was so happy with Crystal Lake Golf Club as my wedding venue! I had both my ceremony and reception there and it was absolutely beautiful! I planned most of my wedding from California, which can be difficult, but Liz made everything so easy and was always responsive to all my... Read More emails and/or phone calls. She was involved from start to finish. All of my decorations and other items were put together beautifully by Liz and her team. She attended the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. She also helped the entire evening run smoothly by keeping everything on schedule. Very professional and highly recommended!

Beautiful place for our perfect wedding

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Emily G

We were married at Crystal Lake in June 2014 and had the most perfect, beautiful day. We would highly recommend having your wedding here. We were married at their outdoor gazebo ceremony site. It was absolutely gorgeous. The wedding coordinators worked with us to decorate... Read More the space. We used their pontoon boat for some extra fun on our day and relaxation after the ceremony. We included a lot of personal aspects to our wedding, and were very impressed with the wedding coordinator and staff in handling them. We provided them with everything the week before the wedding and everything was used exactly as we wanted. From our welcome tables to our flip flop bins to our centerpieces to our candy buffet, it was all perfect. The ballroom is beautiful and the food and service were excellent during our reception. We really felt like we found the perfect place. We had a wedding that we felt really expressed who we are - and the outdoor setting and overall country feel of Crystal Lake really made that possible. We were also impressed in how revered Crystal Lake is among all the other vendors we interviewed with. They are very professional and well-respected in the area. Their prices were great too! If you are looking for an outdoor ceremony or a reception hall with a country feel (exposed beams) but still very elegant (floor to ceiling windows and christmas lights decorating the beams) you must look at Crystal Lake.

Better than we could imagine!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Claire K

Choosing a destination wedding presents so many challenges. Being over four hours away requires special trust between you, your bride/groom, and the wedding coordinator and staff. With all things considered, we could not have imagined a better experience that Liz and her staff... Read More provided. Our level of expectations were incredibly high, and She and her staff exceeded every expectation we had. Both of us went outside of our comfort zone and laid all our trust in Liz and she delivered. We wouldn't change a thing and have adopted a lifelong friend after our special day!

Mrs. Martin

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Sarah M

I cannot explain enough how much I love this place. Liz did an amazing job putting my vision to real life. She was always on call when I needed her and went above and beyond for me. I never had any issues with them. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Hidden Gem!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Justin K

In my opinion, this is the best wedding venue in the area! With the view of Crystal Lake during the ceremony and then having the sun set right in front of our reception is something that you cannot get anywhere else. Liz and Jamie were always there if we had questions and on the... Read More day of the wedding they took care of everything! They made our special day even better and I willl promote this venue any time.

Planning from afar

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Jan B

We had a very positive experience with GLGC! Since we had to plan from 'afar' we really appreciated Liz' helpfulness and responsiveness to our various phone calls, e-mails, etc. The venue is absolutely beautiful and very clean. The rehearsal night, as well as... Read More wedding/reception, went without a hitch. Everything was absolutely perfect!!!

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 kendra

Crystal lake holds a special place in my heart, as my husband and I have spent our summers as a couple up there, visiting his family. I instantly fell in love with the area and wanted my family and friends to be able to enjoy the beauty of Crystal. From the moment we talked... Read More about getting married, we knew we wanted to get married by Crystal Lake and we are so happy we did so at Crystal Lake Golf Club. I could not imagine a better venue to get married at- the view is absolutely breath taking! Liz and Jamie went above and beyond with everything and were so supportive and accomodating. I felt like I had my own wedding planner in many ways. For the day of the wedding, Liz and Jamie took care of putting all the decorations up, arranging centerpieces, coordinating with vendors, and much more...I didn't need to worry about anything. When I walked into the tent before getting married I was speechless, it was picture perfect! We had an absolute blast at our wedding and were truly able to enjoy ourselves without worrying about anything. Everything went so smoothly and everyone had a great time.

Breathtaking Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Elizabeth A

The photos do not do justice for this beautiful venue! I attended a wedding this summer as a guest, and this was one of the most amazing weddings I have ever been too. The ceremony and reception were all in the same place, so I was thrilled I didn't have extra driving. We... Read More stayed at the Best Western just down the road, which was very convenient. The ceremony was breathtaking. View of Crystal Lake was the perfect backdrop behind the bride and groom. The staff working the bar were very attentive and entertaining! My favorite part of the night was being outside enjoying beautiful Northern Michigan while celebrating a beautiful couple. As a guest, this is the perfect wedding venue. Unforgettable...

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Melissa P

Crystal Lake Golf Club holds a special place in my heart as do the staff that work there. They were there when my husband suprised me with his proposal, and they were there one year later to share in the day we exchanged our vows. They are like family to us, always helpful,... Read More supportive, and kind. We couldn't have asked for a better venue, it was a one stop shop and made life so much easier. I certainly recommend Crystal Lake Golf Club for an engagment or wedding venue, truley breathtaking!

Loved, Loved, Loved This Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Crystal C

For all you do it yourself brides you know how incredibly stressful it is planning your own wedding. You just want someone to help guide and reassure you everything will turn out beautifully. That is what Liz and her staff were to me. Liz was BEYOND helpful, polite,... Read More accommodating, reassuring, very quick to respond to my million emails/questions and more than anything was patient. I can't tell you how many times a question would pop into my head and Liz was always quick with a response and a kind word. Looking back I can't imagine not having someone like her there to help. The venue is absolutely beautiful, we could not have asked for more. So many of our guests continue to comment how amazing the setting was and how the wedding was one of the best they had been to, all because of Crystal Lake Golf Course. This truly is the place to get married. I would recommend this location a thousand times over again :). Thank you so much to Liz and her team for making our special day more amazing than I could have ever dreamed. Crystal

Most Gorgeous Reception Site

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Rory W

The views from this stunning golf course cannot be rivaled. The staff did a wonderful job setting up the decorations and making sure everything was perfect. I couldn't have done it better myself, really.

"Picture-perfect for the 'best day of your life'!"

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 kathleen j

"Good Morning America" just declared this Sleeping Bear Dunes/Benzie & Leelanau area "The Most Beautiful Place in America." We are true believers -- in that Crystal Lake Golf Club provided THE most beautiful venue one could imagine for our daughter's wedding. It offers the... Read More type of reception atmosphere that can usually only be experienced at a private country club. The tent setting has a beautiful view and functioned very well (with nicely appointed restrooms, featuring both bride and groom preparation areas) for our crowd of around 130 (though I believe up to 180 can feel comfortable, even with the dance floor). Besides the glorious setting for the wedding tent, the success of one's event is in large measure due to the highly professional and "hands-on," personal attention provided by Jamie Keillor. She will "work with you" on every aspect of making your wedding day "the best day of your life" (which is what our daughter and son-in-law declared to us on the dance floor, during the reception). For example: we prepared our own appetizers and flower arrangements a day in advance. They were properly stored on-site and perfectly placed the day of the wedding. There was plenty of opportunity to "decorate as we wished;" we just did up a sample table and Jamie and her assistants handled the rest. She worked extremely well with our chosen caterer. The bartenders and other support staff were also very pleasant, efficient and accommodating. We went with the premium bar for three hours and added an extra three hours (everyone was having the "time of their lives" on the dance floor), coming in just under $3,000. The Club rental (which included ALL table and bar furnishings, set-up and clearing, tax/tip, and totally "taking care of business") came in around $3,000, as well. The catered food (which included a tenderloin "carving station") was a little over $3,400. Our goal (including flowers -- which we ordered online from Sam's Club, favors from Cherry Republic, and decorations) was $10,000; and that's pretty much what it came in at. We absolutely felt that we "got our money's worth," and MORE! Our sincere gratitude and thanks to the folks at Crystal Lake Golf club for providing such an amazing reception experience -- one that MANY of those in attendance remarked, "should be featured as part of the 'Pure Michigan' tourism campaign!"

Great experience

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Samantha P

We invited our friends and family to join us for our rehearsal dinner. Crystal Lake accomodated our large party perfectly. Jaime and her staff were exceptional in making sure our night went smoothly and was also fun for our guests coming in from so far away. It was a cold night... Read More considering it was the end of June but the staff quickly closed the sides and everyone was quite warm. Everyone loved the amazing view of Crystal and many pictures were taken outside the tent. We choose a mexican buffet for our dinner and it was so tasty. It was a wonderful way to kick off our wedding weekend. Thank you Crystal Lake and Jaime for making it a memorable night for all of us!