Photography & Cinematic Videography

New Jersey’s finest wedding photography & cinematic videography tailored to meet your needs. Photography packages starting at $600. Full day wedding photography coverage starting at $1995. Serving NJ, NY, PA and destinations around the world.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania (732) 533-7827
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Shreyas R

Steve Smyth from Crystal Lake Pictures, along with a second shooter covered our son and daughter-in-law's Indian wedding at The Palace in Somerset NJ in 2016. Right from the first interaction with Steve, we realized that we had lucked out and found a highly talented, creative,... Read More experienced and caring photographer! In addition, he is truly a gem of a person! From proposal, to contract, to putting the couple (& us) at ease, to taking stunning pictures, to timely delivery of the proofs, electronic copies & high quality albums, Steve's professionalism made this wedding in our family truly memorable! We very highly recommend Steve Smyth to cover your special event! You would be glad you did, just as we were!

2017-09-08T10:06:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Sophia Soejung K

My husband and I just watched our wedding video by Steve and we cannot be happier! Steve came to our wedding venue more than an hour earlier than scheduled and set everything up to perfection before the series of events began. Steve not only captured every single detail... Read More of the wedding, including the sign board, ceremony decor, reception table setting, wedding cake, and the skylight in the reception room, but he also filmed candid moments that I shared with my bridal party and my mom. I did not even notice that I was being filmed. Steve also did a great job editing and seamlessly inserting various songs to the film. Thanks to Steven's great work, my husband and I were able to relive our wedding day. Among all the vendors that we hired for our wedding, Steve was our best decision and we highly recommend him to any future bride and groom and you will have no regrets!

2015-10-17T07:28:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your kind words mean so much to me. I was honored to be a part of your special day and I'm so happy you like the wedding film.

Highly Recommend Crystal Lake Pictures - Really Happy with Our Choice!

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Petra B

We have hired Crystal Lake Pictures to do our engagement shoot and to do the videography for our wedding. We had the photo shoot a couple of weeks ago, and it was a really great experience! My fiancé and I rarely take photos of ourselves, so I was a little nervous that we would... Read More look stiff or uncomfortable in our photos. Quite the opposite, though! Steve and his assistant did a great job of putting us at ease and making the whole thing a very fun experience! As a result, I think our photos came out fantastic! We have a really good mixture of more serious and sentimental (mantle-worthy) photos, along with fun, lighthearted ones that we’ll smile at for years to come. In addition to the photos themselves, we ordered a photo album from Crystal Lake Pictures, and I think they did really nice job of laying out the photos in a unique and beautiful way. After the photo shoot experience, we are really looking forward to having Crystal Lake Pictures record our wedding day, too! We definitely recommend them for couples who want a really good, reliable, creative photographer who will make you feel comfortable and will produce beautiful results!

2014-05-02T09:21:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review. We also had a lot of fun and you looked fantastic! Can't wait for the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Samantha G

Steve was absolutely fantastic to work with. From his quick response to e-mails to actually meeting and going over the day of events- he was on top of it all! He was very straightforward and gave us a great price for video and highlight trailer. Leading up to the wedding he was... Read More very courteous and answered all of our questions.On our big day he was there early and ready to go. Throughout the day he did a great job of being unseen but when he wanted to get a shot or two he popped up to let us know. I have to say he was great from beginning to end and would recommend him to anyone!

2015-10-19T15:48:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Samantha! Your kind words mean so much to me!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

My fiance and met with a few photographer before we met Steve. We were looking, like everyone for someone who did a great job but wouldn't leave us broke in the end. Then we met with Steve from Crystal Lake Pictures. Steve and his team have been professional, knowledgeable and... Read More fun to work with! He went above and beyond when it came to scheduling and rescheduling our engagement shoot due to bad weather. Even though we haven't had our wedding yet, we have recommended Steve to other family members for different events and wouldn't recommend using anyone else. During a very stressful time of planning a wedding as all brides and grooms know Steve and Crystal Lake Pictures has taking the worries of if our pictures will come out good off our minds.

2015-10-13T13:50:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Tessa L

My fiance and I were on a quest to find a photographer that would not break the bank and would listen to what we were looking for and work with us...after interviewing a few photographers and thinking it was hopeless to find someone that was not only reasonably priced, good at... Read More what they did, but also understood what it was like to be a young couple just starting out...along came Crystal Lake Pictures! Steve and his team have been extremely professional, attentive, knowledgeable and fun to work with! Even though we haven't had our wedding yet, we have had the pleasure of working with Steve on two separate occasions. Instead of us using our entire engagement shoot with just the two of us, we decided to break it up, we did a session of just the two of us and also had Steve attend our engagement party. Not only did our engagement shoot come out amazing, but the candid and family pictures he got during our party were great! There is no such thing as settling when it comes to Crystal Lake Pictures and Steve has really put my fiance and my mind at ease, we know our day is as important to him as it is to us....Looking forward to the wedding!

2015-10-12T15:12:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! Cant wait for the wedding! :-)

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Jill P

Steve was our videographer for our July 2015 wedding in Spring Lake, NJ. He was a pleasure to work with, and we hardly knew he was even there. We're SOOO happy that he has though because we've since received our 3-4 minute wedding trailer and Steve captured all of our special... Read More moments! The video is organized and put together well. We even got to select which music we wanted in the background. We were able to share the video with friends and family via a link, and they LOVED it! We're still waiting on the longer version of our special day, but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait! Thanks Steve!!!

2015-10-07T09:57:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jill! It was a real pleasure capturing your special day!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

My fiancee and I had the best experience with Steve. We recently did our engagement photo shoot and we love them! We also have Steve for our wedding photography and videography. If I could some up him in one word it would be UNDERSTANDING! He understands his profession and... Read More understands couples! He will make you and your significant other feel comfortable and in full control of the entire photography process from the signing to the proofs. During our shoot we had to make a change of clothes and it took time away from the allotted 2hrs but he was willing to stay a little longer to make sure we get all the shots we wanted and also the shots he felt would best fit us and express is as a couple. He had the photos done in a timely manner and was flexible when we asked him for a few touch-ups. I could go on but ill save the rest for after the wedding! If you don't even at least have a sit down with Steve/Crystal Lake Pictures to discuss options your are missing out!

2015-09-27T09:27:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! One of my favorite engagement shoots, cant wait for the wedding! -Steve

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Lindsey B

Steve did a fantastic job at our wedding. I highly recommend him. He is professional and considerate. Great options for different packages at good prices. We are left with some beautiful photos from our ceremony and reception!

2015-09-27T09:28:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Lindsey!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

Steve did an outstanding job! He was very patient ensuring that we were pleased with our photos in every way. He is awesome to work with and takes the time to understand our background and interests as a couple. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.

2015-09-25T16:52:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Gina, your kind words are very much appreciated! All the best! Steve

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Laura T

Steve was a pleasure to work with and really listened to everything I wanted for our wedding video. He makes it a point to go the extra mile which is what I really loved. Be specific with what you want and it will be a great turn out.

2015-09-25T16:11:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Laura! It was both a pleasure and an honor being there to capture your wedding day. All the best! Steve

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Stephanie A

I was incredibly pleased with Steve throughout the entire experience. From his quick responses to his making sure everything turned out great, I couldn't more highly recommend him. He's very artistic and knows exactly what to do and where to be to capture the most incredible... Read More moments of your wedding day. I will surely be recommending him to my newly engaged friends and can't wait to see how everyone else's wedding videos turn out. The wedding movie trailer was captivating and I've watched our wedding video over and over again because I can't believe how perfectly he put it all together. Thanks Steve and crystal lake pictures for the wonderful work!

2015-09-23T17:08:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Stephanie!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Steve was fantastic, extremely attentive and always quick to respond back. He was able to capture all of the greatest moments from our day while keeping a very low-profile. Our video was edited and sent to us very quickly in a beautiful package, and we even had a trailer sent... Read More to us to wet our appetite. My wife and I requested a few changes and Steve was happy to oblige. I would recommend Steve's company to anybody!

2015-07-23T11:01:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! Wishing you all the best! - Steve

Great Service

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Kelly L

Steven and his team were the videographers for my wedding. He was extremely pleasant to work with and easy to talk to. He listened to my ideas and what I wanted to receive in my final video. He listened and provided great ideas and suggestions as well. He completed respeced the... Read More wishes of the church, to not be too close to the alter during the ceremony. In the package I requested, I had 2 videographers for the duration of the day and recieved a highlight summary video set to music and then the entire day broken out into chapters. The videos are beautiful, set to music and can clearly hear the entire ceremony plus all the toasts and speeches. I would highly recommend Steve and his team for great quatlity at a great price.

2015-02-03T20:02:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. So glad you like the videos!

One Of The Best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Steve Landon-Smyth was the photographer at my best friend’s wedding in June. When he showed us the pictures Steve took during the wedding we were all blown away! They were so good, everyone looked incredible. I own a small business so I and asked Steve to take some photographs... Read More for my advertisements, head shots and the like. They came out great as well, exceeding my expectations by a long shot. I highly recommend Steve as a photographer, one of the best!

2014-10-28T17:44:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your kind words are very much appreciated!

outstanding and very professional

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

I was very impressed with the photography of Steve Landon-Smyth. I am a hobby photographer myself and therefore paid close attention to the photography. He exhibits a great deal of professionalism and has a good eye for detail, capturing the mood and choosing the right... Read More angle.....always good composition and lighting. I will definitely recommend him to all my friends and family for quality photography.

2014-10-28T17:43:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your kind words are very much appreciated!

Brian & Petra's Wedding Video

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We are thrilled that Steve Landon-Smyth was our videographer for our children's wedding. He captured all the important moments of the occasion as well as the excitement and joy felt by all of our families. The beautiful music and artful presentation create a very professional... Read More video that will be treasured by our family forever. Thank you! Margie & Karl Stern

2014-10-13T08:09:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Margie & Karl! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the video! I had a great time making it, what a fun wedding!

Fantastic and Professional!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Crystal Lake Pictures did an outstanding job creating the video documentation of my daughter's wedding. The video trailer is exceptionally beautiful, something we will all treasure for many years to come. In addition, they were courteous, extremely hard-working, professional,... Read More and punctual. We knew we had chosen the best and really appreciated the high level of artistry and perfection of their work Thanks, Crystal Lake!

2014-10-11T13:31:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoy the video!

Steven was wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Steven Landon-Smyth was our amazing photographer for my sons' September 2014 wedding. Steven worked so well with my son and his beautiful bride.. He was very good at not being intrusive but capturing all the special moments. The pictures turned out magnificent. He captured the... Read More venue and reception, with beauty. Thank you Steven for giving us beautiful memories of my son's special wedding.

2014-10-09T16:49:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your kind words mean so much to me. I am so glad you enjoy the pictures. :-)

Crystal Lake Pictures - Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 bhavani l

I am blown away over the photos Steve Landon Smith took of our wedding... The photos are absolutley stunning. Every single shot captures the joy and love felt on our special day. Thank you Steve for your incredible artisty! Highly recommended.

2014-10-09T16:51:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Bhavani! I am thrilled that you enjoyed my photography so much. :-)

As a pro photographer my standards are high.

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

I cannot tolerate a bad photo. Luckily Steve provided us with consistently wonderful photos of our wedding. He was unobtrusive, always ahead of the curve on timing and events, and has a great photojournalist eye, capturing the story of the moment, not just a smiling... Read More face. I recommend him to all of my pre wedding friends.

2014-10-09T16:55:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I am truly honored that my photography met your expectations. This means a lot to me, really. :-)

Engagement Photo Shoot with Crystal Lake Pictures

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Myriame Z

After an extensive and exhausting search for a wedding photographer, we decided to book with Crystal Lake Pictures. From our very first meeting with Steve and Dana, we felt confident in our choice because of the professionalism and the warmth they exuded. A few weeks ago we had... Read More the pleasure of working with Steve and Dana for our engagement photo shoot. The whole process was smooth, engaging and fun. Steve was able to incorporate some of our ideas and visions into his overall concept of the engagement shoot. As a result, my fiancé and I were extremely pleased with the photos that beautifully captured the essence of our love for one another. We have received numerous compliments on our pictures. We are excited about our wedding day and we look forward to working with Steve and Dana again. We highly recommend Crystal Lake Pictures for your wedding. Myriame & Friday

2014-06-11T10:55:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Myriame! Dina and I really liked working with you and Friday as well. Cant wait for the wedding! - Steve

Thanks for the great photos and experience!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Brian S

We would highly recommend Steve and Crystal Lake Pictures after working with them on our engagement photos. They were professional but kept it light and made it such an enjoyable day. We didn't know exactly what we wanted to end up with, but they worked with us to come up with... Read More a plan to take advantage of the day and make sure we got some sunshine and some night shots, close-ups and candids. With just the right amount of coaching and encouragement, we ended up with a wide variety of shots that beautifully captured our surroundings and how thrilled we are to be engaged! They also did a great job with the package that we ordered, with brilliant custom printing and special touches like the personalized custom wood USB drive and box. All in all we were really happy with the whole experience. Thanks again!

Steve

Capturing beautiful images and telling stories with my camera is my life's passion. I particularly enjoy shooting weddings, capturing those precious moments in a couples lives really resonates with me. My style is a hybrid between photojournalism and editorial photography, and documentary and cinematic style videography. Given my combined experience with both photography and filmmaking, I offer a unique mix of skills to capture your wedding day. - Steve