Cutting Edge Entertainment

Serving all over the Phil

Rehearsals + Parties, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

161 Tomlinson Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA Serving all over the Phil (215) 938-7950

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 COLLEEN D

Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge Entertainment was phenomenal. He took the time to get to know me and my husband and what kind of music we wanted played at our wedding! He was super helpful in coming up with a timeline to make sure we got everything in from announcements to... Read More speeches to Happy New Year! The dance floor was packed all night and I can't find 1 person that didn't have the best time at our wedding! Book them immediately!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Patrick D

We had Richie from Cutting Edge DJ our wedding ceremony and reception in November and our glad we went with them. They were professional and we were thorough with the whole planning. We didn’t realize how much planning was needed but Richie made the process easy and gave us his... Read More input where he thought would was needed. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and make sure our guests had a great time and that’s what exactly what we got. For the most part, they played all the songs we requested. Richie kept the flow of the wedding as was able to keep everyone dancing enjoying themselves for the entire night. Both of us don’t like to dance but even we were up dancing and having a great time. We kept things very simple and were able to stay within our budget we set for a DJ. We’ve already recommended them to a few of our friends that are planning their wedding.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Stephanie C

DJ Brian was absolutely amazing to work with! He helped us to plan beautiful music for both our ceremony and our reception. He kept the room on the dance floor the whole night and it never felt forced! I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Nicole B

Dj Richie and his cutting edge team went above and beyond for my wedding. At our backyard farm wedding the dance floor was never empty! My husband and I asked for Soca music when we had our first meeting with Richie. Richie wasn't too familiar with the genre, but he acclimated... Read More himself well! My husband and I along with our family and friends love dancing to the beat of island music and we just knew we needed it incorporated into our wedding day. Richie made sure to play our favorite tunes and there was never a dull moment! We asked Richie to stay later than initially agreed upon and he happily did, keeping our dance floor thriving and the music bumping. The photbooth was a ton of fun and the staff were also amazing with assisting our guests and making sure people got in to take some fun pictures. All in all Richie and the cutting edge team helped make our wedding a successful fun time!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Mary Pat C

everyone was on the dance floor at some point dancing! Richie did an amazing job and we could not be happier with our Choice having Richie and the Cutting edge team DJ our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shoshana K

The absolute best! Brian did a phenomenal job MCing our wedding. It was the greatest night of our lives and one we will never forget! We love you guys!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Melody W

Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment are awesome! We booked with Richie after our friends used the same company two years before, as we were impressed with their professionalism and energy. From the initial appointment, Richie was upbeat, qualified, and fun. He was open to... Read More our ideas and music choices and we had a blast choosing entrance music/cake cutting music with him during another meeting. He had some really great ideas and suggestions. Throughout the reception, Richie incorporated our requests, guest requests, and appropriate music for all age groups, which kept everybody on their feet. He also did a great job at encouraging the guys to get back on the dance floor after enjoying the cigar bar with some Queen. Not only did Richie do an amazing job at selecting and playing the music seamlessly, he assisted with playing background music for my cousin who played trumpet during the ceremony and for one song during the reception. I cannot recommend Richie enough. His high energy and fun personality were noticed by several guests, as well as his great choices in music.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Sarah H

DJ Michael did an awesome job at our wedding in August! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire time. Friends and family comment on how much fun our wedding was and it was all thanks to DJ Michael! Michael was super professional and met with us twice leading up to our... Read More wedding to ensure he understood exactly what we wanted, to offer professional advice, and to gather a general list of music we would want played. I could not be more happy with the service DJ Michael gave us and would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Lauren W

Richie and his team did such an amazing job at our wedding! I am going to admit, when I first started wedding planning I thought that DJs didn't make a difference (WRONG) and you could just use an iPod (SO WRONG) and a whole bunch of other misconceptions about how the wedding... Read More music works (all so wrong). Richie and his team gave us so many suggestions and had ideas that I never thought of. They even helped us with our schedule...they are bsiacally also wedding planners :) We met with Richie a few weeks before the wedding and my hubs and I were so excied after because we knew it was going to be a blast. They cover everything. From when your guests are waiting for you to walk down the aisle, to cocktail hour, to the last dance. He knows what the flow should be, what to play in the beginning of the reception and when to get the fun music started. We had THE BEST NIGHT. People were dancing and the music sounded great during all three parts of the day (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) We got compliments throughout the next few weeks telling us how they've been to weddings with terrible DJs and ours awesome (YAY). We also had more than one guest ask us for the entire playlist...Have the best wedding, book Cutting Edge and you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 gina m

Cutting Edge did a great job and for a great price!! Everyone was dancing and having fun all night! Our DJ, Mike, was very flexible and easy to work with. He was accommodating of all the different songs and genres of music we wanted to include, and knew how to mix them in and... Read More keep everyone on there feet. Mike is totally on his game and knows how to run the show! He kept everything running on schedule and even made sure to call my husband and I onto the dance floor so we could get some dance time in before the night ended! We also used their photo booth service, and the couple who ran it was wonderful and the pictures came out great! Everyone really enjoyed themselves. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Teresa Y

I had the pleasure of meeting Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment when he was the DJ for my brother’s wedding. When I started planning my own wedding, I just knew I had to hire him. Richie was always checking in with me via e-mail and phone to ask questions about our big day... Read More and gather all of the necessary information. My husband and I met with Richie early in the planning process to get an idea of our musical vision for the day, and we also met with him again a few weeks before the wedding to nail down the details. He creates a schedule/timeline for the reception so that you have an idea of when all of the big events are going to take place (cake cutting, intro’s, first dance, etc.) Richie gave great advice on what kind of music to play, but he was very interested in what we wanted and honored that, which we are so thankful for. I was worried because my reception went until 12:30 AM, and I thought people would get tired and the dancing would die down. Not with DJ Richie! He had all of our loved ones on the dance floor until the end, and they still didn’t want to leave even at 12:30! He really goes the extra mile for his couples, and he was such a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Richie and this company!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

I am the Mother of the Bride and was mainly in charge of the wedding planning. Little did I know how lucky I was to find Cutting Edge Entertainment. They are a first class company providing excellent, priceless, top notch service. I am taking the time to write this because I... Read More am so very thankful for how wonderfully the day went. Our DJ was Tony and he is a consummate professional. Tony got to know the bride and groom and their music selections beforehand and took care of every detail at the event so the families and wedding party could enjoy the day. The ceremony was held outdoors up a hill from the reception. Tony executed each musical element of the ceremony perfectly. It was not an easy geographic space to navigate, but they were set up and organized immediately upon their arrival. I don't think it is overstated to say that they made the wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, but it was Cutting Edge - DJ Tony - that made it a once in a lifetime memorable and joyful event. The bridal party was all in with their music and programming. It was a fantastic celebration. Thank you Cutting Edge and Tony for sharing the day and making it wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Rachael D

Once we had an amazing time at our friends' wedding, we knew we had to book Richie for ours! From the first meeting, we had zero worries with Richie. He was very professional and you can tell he has had years of experience. He had the dance floor packed the entire night of the... Read More wedding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Lacey W

We had the pleasure of working with Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment for our wedding at Cairnwood Estate. He was incredibly helpful leading up to the wedding, making sure everything from ceremony music to the last dance was planned out effortlessly. On the day of the... Read More wedding we knew we could just relax and enjoy having fun with our family and friends. He played everything we requested and kept everyone dancing throughout the reception. Thank you Richie!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Emma C

We were lucky enough to have Brian Lacivita from Cutting Edge as our wedding DJ -- he was the BEST! Brian has a ton of experience with weddings, which was extremely evident in his punctuality, professionalism, energy, and his ability to keep the dance party going through our... Read More entire reception. My husband and I had a few specific song requests, but generally told Brian the type of music we like and wanted to hear at our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with all the music Brian selected and played from cocktail hour through the end of the reception. I would highly recommend Cutting Edge and Brian to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Ashley F

Cutting Edge Entertainment was INCREDIBLE at our wedding! Richie was super fun and upbeat throughout the planning process and throughout the entire night! We were planning from out of town and he was extremely responsive via e-mail and with any questions/requests I had. I... Read More struggled with picking out certain songs, and he was very helpful and patient despite my indecisiveness. All I wanted for the reception was to dance all night and have a party. Richie did a great job of getting guests onto the dance floor and keeping them going throughout the night! We HIGHLY recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Ashley R

We interviewed several Djs and after meeting with Richie, we knew Cutting Edge was the best choice. Richie was so much fun to work with and made the whole process super easy for us. My husband was very particular about the music selection and he was very accommodating and... Read More always professional. He gave us some great suggestions and the dance floor was packed all night! It really makes a difference to find vendors that you "connect with" and Richie is definitely the kind of guy we could hang out and have a beer with. From the ceremony to the last dance, our wedding had such a fun vibe, and it wouldn't have been possible without him. Thank you Richie for making our day so amazing!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Brianne S

I can't thank Cutting Edge enough for making our wedding a dream come true! Richie was AMAZING! The dance floor was packed the whole night which is exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a good time! Thank you again for everything!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Marie D

Richie was the DJ from Cutting Edge at my wedding, and from the minute I met him, I knew he was a true professional. Richie was incredibly accommodating throughout the entire time we dealt with him. My husband was insistent that we had Grateful Dead music played during the... Read More cocktail hour, and our first song was by The Dead as well. Richie had every single song that we asked for, and he accommodated each and every one of our requests. His suggestions were always thoughtful, and you can tell that he is incredibly experienced as a wedding DJ. Richie is incredibly positive and enthusiastic, and he just had a great attitude every time I spoke with him. I relied on all of the great reviews about Richie when I decided to reach out to Cutting Edge, and I can tell you they are all 100% accurate. Richie had the dance floor packed for two straight hours. If you want to have a giant dance party at your wedding (which we did), Richie is your guy. I can’t recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Erica B

Ahhhhhhmazing experience with everyone at Cutting Edge! From the start Richie was great to work with, so attentive, sweet and professional! The moment we met our DJ, Brian, we knew this party was gonna be fun! Brian kept things moving smoothly from toasts to cake to getting... Read More crazy! He grabbed the mic with authority when we needed some direction and energy and just let our crazy guests do their thing on the dance floor for the rest of the time. He was genuinely happy to be with us on our night and it really made a difference. Brian wasn't just a DJ, he was a friend of ours and we were honored to celebrate with him!!!! What else can I say? This was the best.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Lyndsey D

Richie is the best!! Cutting edge came highly recommend to us by our venue and they certainly did not disappoint. We met with Richie twice and he listened to what we wanted and offered some great ideas. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and we have Richie to thank... Read More for that. He kept the party going all night! A few weeks later people are still talking about how amazing our wedding was. BOOK HIM!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

Richie and his crew were the perfect compliment to our wedding! He played as many songs that we requested while keeping the party going. Richie had everyone dancing until the very end of our wedding, and our guests have since raved about the music. Thank you, Richie for making... Read More our wedding memorable and for being a fantastic MC.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Sarah K

We had our wedding on November 14th, 2015. We started the planning process early, and we heard Cutting Edge (in particular DJ Richie) was a great vendor to use. I can honestly say that DJ Richie was more than just a DJ - he literally laid out the plan for the wedding reception... Read More timeline. Not only does he know his way around a wedding, he kept people dancing (me especially) all night. So many people told us afterwards that the DJ was amazing. We are truly happy with our decision to use DJ Richie and Cutting Edge for our special day! If you have the opportunity of using DJ Richie, don't even THINK about going with anyone else, seriously!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Corinne O

We used Brian for our DJ on our wedding 10/3/15 and couldn't be happier! We saw him at a friend's wedding a couple years back and knew he kept the dance floor full the whole night, so we were excited to use him for our own big day. I even referred a friend to him for her... Read More wedding a few weeks before ours and we had a blast dancing all night long. We still hear compliments from friends and family about how great the music was and how much fun they had on the dance floor! Brian was super easy to work with and helped us create a time line for the night and even pick out songs for various parts of the ceremony and reception. He was very fun to be around to and easy to talk to. He really helped the night run smoothly as MC. The whole Cutting Edge staff was super helpful from Richie giving us the low down on package options when we first booked, to last minute e-mail responses from staff just a few days before our wedding. They were prompt, professional, and easy to work with. In my opinion, Cutting Edge is also reasonably priced, especially if you compare them to other DJs or bands in the area. Definitely pick Cutting Edge and specifically Brian for your big day! You won't regret it!

Well Done

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Megan M

I was so happy that we used Cutting Edge. DJ Mark and his MC did an awesome job at our wedding in October. They kept our guest dancing all night and played music we asked for. Everyone raved about our DJ. The Music can make or break a wedding and Cutting Edge made our... Read More wedding a night we will always remember!