Intimate and honest photography.

For me, weddings are one of those things that never lose their charm. I have always believed that there is just as much importance in the small details as there is in the big moments, and that is why I give them equal respect. After 8+ years in the business, I have had the privilege of meeting many amazing couples, families, and unique individuals who have helped me realize two things that are always true: There are never two weddings that are the same & I treat each one with the care they deserve.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

To the moon & back happy!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tracy B

BOOK THIS MAN! Dan is the ultimate professional. He's attentive, fun, responsive and genuinely engaged. I found Dan on The Knot and immediately fell in love with his portfolio. I had a feeling I would book him, but chemistry checks are super important, so I prayed that Dan would... Read More be cool- and guess what? He's awesome. I booked Dan for my wedding without any hesitation. Throughout my planning cycles, we exchanged multiple emails and had in-person meetings to ensure my vision & expectations were clear. He's extremely organized, asks all the right questions, provides tips & pointers to help steer ideas/thoughts in the right direction and is always available. The day of my wedding, Dan arrived with his batman belt on sporting about 3 cameras around his waist; I knew he meant business! He not only blended into the background and was unobtrusive, but also worked extremely well with my videographer which was great. My wedding took place in a private residence owned by my family (a house I grew up in) and there were shots Dan took that I couldn't even place. The little details he captured had me scratching my head and playing "Where's Waldo" post honeymoon to find the shot locations. Dan not only met my expectations but greatly surpassed them. For any future events, I'll be reaching out to him first. He is a complete natural and I honestly couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kaleigh M

Dan. Is. Amazing. When we started looking for photographers shortly after we got engaged last year, there were so many I had no idea how we were going to choose. We found Dan on The Knot and immediately fell in love with his work. We loved his candids and attention to the... Read More details. He was super quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. Dan was really flexible with location too when it came to our engagement shoot. When we met with Dan in Maine to take our engagement pictures, he made us feel super comfortable from the get go. He made us laugh and was really laid back. Even when my husband got a little camera shy (little bit of an audience at one of our locations) Dan helped us through it and got some great shots!! There was quite a bit of time between our engagement shoot and our wedding but Dan was easy to get ahold of and would check in with us. When it came to the actual day, Dan and his partner were so even keeled. There was a little bit of a hiccup with bridal party transportation but he kept his cool, assured me all would be well and it helped me relax. He was great when it came to getting all of the family photos..made it quick and easy. Dan and his partner were with us the entire day.. Til the very end of the wedding. When he sent us the sneak peak photos, we literally couldn't wait to see all of them. All of the photos came to us super quick and were nothing short of amazing. We have received so many compliments on them and can't wait to pick out pictures for albums! We cannot say enough good things about Dan and his fellow photographer. They captured beautiful moments on the happiest day of our lives. Thank you so much Dan!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! We loved the idea of having a winter wedding, but never thought our day would be affected by a giant blizzard. We were so lucky that after a night of blizzard conditions and 18 inches of snow, that the weather... Read More cleared and the sun came out just in time for our first look photos. Dan was not just on time, he was EARLY (even with all the snow!) and ready with his camera almost immediately. This meant a lot given all of the stress we had experienced days leading up to our wedding and he made it so we had one less thing to worry about. He is professional, hard working and clearly very passionate about what he does. He got so many amazing photos (many outside in below freezing temperatures) from the entire day and night that exceeded all expectations we had! He captured all of the happy, funny, emotional and beautiful moments of our wedding day that have allowed us to relive it over and over. We were even able to view all of our perfectly edited photos online while still on our honeymoon. Dan was organized and available to answer all of our questions before, during and after our wedding. We knew after just one meeting and a very enjoyable engagement session that we wanted to hire him and we are SO happy we did. We had the best experience with Dan and we would very highly recommend him for!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Mary B

We had a wonderful time working with Dan! From the time that my fiance and I first booked him, he was wonderful about keeping in contact leading up to the day of. Because we were planning our wedding from out of town, Dan was very accommodating in scheduling several meetings... Read More both in person and over skype when we were available. We loved that he was able to come with a second professional for the day of the wedding and stay throughout the evening, as opposed to other photographers that we looked into who charged extra for these services- for Dan they came with his commitment to the entire day! The photos came out beautifully- both of our family and loved ones, as well as photos of the little details of the day.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jaclyn T

Where do I even begin?! Dan photographed the wedding of a friend two years ago and as soon as we got engaged I had to book him. One of the most genuinely nice, laid back people ever! He was great through the whole planning process. The pictures were exactly what we wanted and... Read More they're all gorgeous. We got our teaser 3 days after the wedding and get the rest within 2 weeks. Can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Catherine R

Dan is THE BEST! We absolutely loved working with him and our guests adored him. We had a surprise winter storm on our wedding day and Dan turned it into the most beautiful photos. Thank you, Dan!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Carrissa M

There are no words to describe how ecstatic we were with Dan as our wedding photographer. He was the first and only photographer we interviewed and we have absolutely no regrets. He was amazing throughout the entire process. The day of our wedding he was attentive and present... Read More while also not making it seems like he was hovering constantly. His assistant Iaritza was amazing as well. She got candid photos while Dan was doing our traditional family portraits that are some of my favorites. If you are getting married in the North Shore, I highly recommend Dan and his team.

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Julia B

Dan Aguirre did an incredible job photographing our wedding (and engagement photos). We continue to constantly get so many compliments on our photos! From the very beginning he has been professional, prepared, and made us feel so comfortable. We never doubted him for a second!... Read More He was referred to me by my best friend whose wedding he photographed three years prior. Since my wedding I have referred him to two friends and a family member who loved our pictures so much they wanted to hire him! He also made our wedding album which is absolutely amazing and something we'll cherish forever. We very highly recommend Dan Aguirre!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Rachel C

My now-husband and I knew that we had to work with Dan from our very first conversation with him! Dan is very kind, energetic, fun, patient, and an absolutely fantastic photographer. We had the pleasure of doing our engagement photos with Dan the summer before our wedding and... Read More it was a wonderful way to “practice” for the big day! Leading up to the wedding, Dan always made himself available to talk whenever we had questions or suggestions. Our wedding ceremony and reception were inside but I really wanted to have a lot of photos outside. Dan met with us at our venue about a month before the wedding to pick out some great spots for photos in the venue and then took us on a walk to some scenic spots outside the hotel that he thought would work well. On the wedding day, Dan was such a source of calm for us. Our ceremony ran late meaning that our time for outside photos was now shortened. During outdoor photos, Dan took his time and hit all the spots we had decided on in our previous meetings. We never felt rushed and he was laughing and joking with us the whole time! He knows exactly what to say to get you to smile and pose. During our cake cutting, we had no idea what to do! He talked us through the whole thing (no one else noticed!) and obviously got beautiful photos of the process! We received our photos back so soon after the wedding which was a real treat and he organized them in a beautiful online gallery! In looking through them, it is evident that Dan has an unbelievable eye – we are ecstatic with our photos. Even after the wedding, Dan keeps in contact with us and has met with us to look at sample albums and prints that he offers. We are so lucky that we had Dan to photograph our wedding and are thankful to him for the beautiful photos and memories we have from our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kristen L

We are so incredibly thankful to have worked with Dan for our wedding pictures! He captured our day so perfectly and we couldn't be more happy with how the pictures came out! Neither of us love getting our pictures taken, so we were a little apprehensive about wedding pictures,... Read More but he knew exactly how to make it not awkward and still get amazing pictures of us! We highly, highly recommend Dan!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Adam S

My wife and I were thrilled to have Dan Aguirre as our wedding photographer - he is the best! We were initially attracted to his online portfolio, and ended up narrowing our choices of wedding date based on his availability. We knew we made the right choice in booking Dan after... Read More our engagement session in which he put us totally at ease (we're not the kind of people who naturally enjoy being in front of the camera) and we came away with great photos that day. Throughout the planning process Dan's incredible attention to detail became evident, as did his focus on making sure he understood what we wanted and that we would be happy with the photos of our wedding. When the big day came, the planning paid off, and everything went smoothly. Dan and his assistant Bridgette were with us all day, and we got all the shots we had discussed and then some - they missed nothing. The photos themselves are absolutely stunning, and we still have difficulty picking our favorites. And he worked so quickly to turn around the photos that we received the link to our entire wedding album in just a week and a half - before we even returned from our honeymoon! That turnaround time is basically unheard of among wedding photographers. Being able to sit at a cafe in Italy during our honeymoon and browse our wedding photos over breakfast was the final icing on the cake with our experience with Dan!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ericca C

The word that comes to mind when I think of Dan is AMAZING. Dan and team recently photographed our wedding and our pictures were incredible. I never imagined someone could capture every single detail of a wedding and Dan and his team did just that. The quality of his... Read More photography is hands down the best I have ever seen. I received more compliments from friends and family regarding Dan's work. If you're lucky enough to book Dan as your photographer you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Andrea C

We are incredibly lucky and thankful to have found Dan Aguirre! Dan’s pictures are absolutely stunning and he is a joy to work with! Dan did our engagement pictures and wedding day pictures, both turned out breathtakingly beautiful! After speaking with Dan, we knew he would be a... Read More great energy to have on our wedding day. Dan is fun, vibrant, and focused. Most importantly, he is efficient while paying attention to detail. Dan was a wonderful resource for planning the timing of our wedding and picking the locations for our portraits. He ensured we got all our formal portraits done prior to our ceremony so we could enjoy our cocktail hour. Dan was professional, organized, and responsive to my millions questions. He has creative ideas when we walked through our venue together. On our wedding day, Dan went above and beyond to make our day perfect – going so far as to drive four of my bridesmaids from the hotel to our wedding venue! Dan hung my dress, captured my jewelry, held my bouquet, and everything in between. Dan’s assistant is also amazing and save my husband and I from accidentally seeing each other prior to our first look without me knowing! Dan also went above and beyond to get great shots, lying down on the ground at one point because the light was perfect from that angle. Dan was great with our dog as well and was able to get him in several shots! I cannot recommend Dan enough and I guarantee he is the best photographer for your wedding. Dan had our wedding pictures to us a week after our wedding and we were blown away by how beautiful they were! It took us several weeks to pick out our favorites because there were so many! Thank you Dan for capturing our wedding day in the most breathtaking pictures!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 jacquelyn m

Dan is a superb photographer - undoubtedly the best vendor we used for our big day. He is incredibly affable and his non-invasive approach means that (when you do notice him, which is rare) it is a pleasure having him with you on your big day. His preparation before the event... Read More was fantastic and we felt very confident that he would do a great job. During the wedding itself Dan was composed and relaxed whilst working extremely hard. The photos arrived very quickly and were exceptional - with many of our friends and family commenting that they were the best wedding photographs they had ever seen. Dan's creative eye and years of experience meant that our pictures were second to none. It was a pleasure working with Dan and we would not think twice to recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Nicole A

Dan and his assistant photographed our wedding on 10/10/15 and we could truly not be more thrilled with the results! From our first meeting to the reception, Dan is incredibly professional yet warm and got my camera-shy husband to open up and really enjoy the process! We love... Read More his photojournalistic style and how the photos just felt effortless. He captured every moment perfectly, and now our wedding photos are beautiful visuals of our amazing day!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren S

Dan is absolutely amazing! He is extremely efficient and accommodating. We are not the most comfortable in front of the camera, but he made taking the pictures fun! During the planning process, he was very quick to respond to emails, and he is very organized. We also hired Dan... Read More for the photo booth, which the guests loved! We LOVE all of the photos and we would 100% recommend working with him!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Allison M

We had Dan and Bridgett shoot our wedding this past August and could not be happier with the results. I had a thousand questions throughout or planning process and Dan was always quick to respond. He is so laid back and open to whatever you want to do on your big day. The photos... Read More we got back are all amazing - I don't know how we're going to pick which ones to put in our book! Thanks Dan!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Mary M

I can't say enough good things about Dan. He was great to work with. He is a ninja with his camera... you never really see him but he captures every moment. It was nice that he gave us instructions on how to pose and we got to take tons of pictures in multiple locations. He... Read More helped with timing and planning to make sure the day went smoothly, which it did!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Emily C

Dan Aquirre captured our wedding beautifully! He far exceeded our expectations with his professionalism, responsiveness, depth of coverage of our day, and easygoing personality. He was recommended to us by our caterer and was the first (and only) photographer we interviewed.... Read More After our first meeting, we booked him immediately without reservation and cancelled our other appointments. We felt an instant connection with him and loved that he took a journalistic and natural approach to photography. In addition, Dan has experience photographing biracial couples which was important to us. On our wedding day, Dan and his associate arrived on time and were with us the entire day which began at 9am and lasted through 10pm due to an 11am Catholic mass and a 5pm reception. Although the day was long, Dan and his associate stayed with us through the last dance. Three days after the wedding, Dan surprised us with two dozen teaser photos and an astonishing eight days after the wedding, Dan sent us our wedding photos. Several hundred photos beautifully categorized into the different parts of our day. We are thrilled beyond words to have found Dan and look forward to being able to work with him again.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jillian L

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Dan and his second photographer, Bridget, on our wedding day. We chose Dan to be our photographer because he focuses on getting genuine photos that focus on the important people of the day while capitalizing on the gorgeous settings of... Read More different venues. He offers his services for the entire length of your wedding celebration, without charging for extra time over a certain amount. This was extremely important to me, as I didn’t want to worry about our photographer missing important parts of our day. He is extremely organized, and helped us work through all of the important logistical issues a few days prior to our wedding. Dan and Bridget traveled between multiple locations, including the hair salon where the bridal party had their hair and makeup done, the hotel where the men got ready, my parents’ house where the girls got ready, the church where the ceremony took place, and the reception venue. Dan and Bridget were incredibly stealth in capturing so many amazing candid photos throughout the day. We almost didn’t realize they were there at times! Dan was incredibly helpful with keeping our large bridal party to our tight schedule. We did not want to keep our guests waiting for too long between the ceremony and the cocktail hour, but this gave us limited time for taking photos, especially since my husband and I did not do a first look. To complicate matters further, our rigid and selfish reverend who officiated the service caused the ceremony to start late. Dan respectfully and efficiently moved through each sequence of photos with our family members and our bridal party after the ceremony. He then moved us quickly to different locations for our portraits, and we finished just as guests were making their way into the ballroom for the reception. Later in the evening, he snuck us away during one of the band’s breaks in order to take some more nighttime portraits. We have so many amazing photos of the two of us thanks to Dan! In hindsight, we should have planned for more time between the ceremony and the reception, and I should have had a more organized list of who needed to be in our professional portraits after the ceremony. There were certain combinations of people that I missed capturing because the day simply flew by and was over before we knew it! Lastly, Dan clearly puts his clients first throughout the entire process. Our reverend tried to prevent Dan from taking photos, even from a great distance, during parts of the ceremony. She tried to say that we could “recreate” these photos after the ceremony, but Dan agreed with me that there is no way to “recreate” this once in a lifetime experience. He respectfully ignored her based on my wishes, even when she tried to chastise him during the service. We are forever grateful to Dan for putting up with our horrible reverend so that he could capture so many amazing photographs during the most important part of our day. Dan is a true professional. The quality of his work speaks for itself, but he is also a delight to work with throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Amanda S

If you need a photographer look no further! Dan is the absolute best! We had Dan do both our engagement session and our wedding photos. My husband and I both don't like to be the center of attention and we had never taken professional photographs before. Dan put us right at ease... Read More and our photos came out better than we ever thought. We even had our dog in our engagement shots and Dan was great with her. So many guests came up to us at/after the wedding and told us how great Dan and his team were. They are super personable and capture everything without even knowing they are there. I loved that Dan was able to be with us all day, starting when we were getting ready until the very end of the night with two photographers! I also got all my wedding photos back, fully edited, in 8 days! 8 days!? And I am obsessed with him. Seriously, book Dan for your photo needs, he is amazing!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Alyssa L

We are so happy that we chose to work with Dan for our wedding photos. He was very attentive, easy to work with, friendly, and, most importantly, a very talented photographer! He made the preparations easy and streamlined and was very responsive over email. When it came to the... Read More day of he was helpful, efficient (we had a large wedding party!), and fun to be around. He went above and beyond to make the day go as smoothly as possible. He and Camilla did an excellent job of capturing special little moments throughout the entire day. We absolutely love how our photos turned out, and received the entire portfolio before we even returned form our honeymoon! We would highly recommend working with Dan! Also, if you are considering including a photo booth, Dan has that too and it made it so easy to have him coordinating both. The photo booth pictures were great quality and it’s a really fun way to see how much fun your guests really had!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Cate L

Best Photographer We Could Have Asked For Dan did an incredible job of capturing every moment of our wedding. He was recommended by a friend, and I’m so glad. He was professional and easy to work with. We supplied a shot list but it felt pretty pointless because Dan not only... Read More had it covered, but when it came to family photos he was incredibly efficient, getting everyone in and out of pictures so quickly it blew my mind. And they all came out amazing! The turnaround time was less than a week and once the photos were shared we received a lot of compliments about how ‘photogenic’ we both were … credit goes squarely to Dan for that. He not only made us feel comfortable on our wedding day, but he was also just fun to work with and joke around with. He’s an expert at reattaching veils and bustling/unbustling dresses, fyi. Our wedding photos were a huge highlight of the day and he perfectly captured the vibe and mood of what we experienced. Great mix of candid vs. staged shots, with very little direction from us. We just trusted him to do his job, and I can’t think of anything he could have done better. Dan goes above and beyond, and you will be happy you chose him as your wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Teresa B

Dan and his team were absolutely amazing and I am SO happy I chose him to be the photographer for our wedding! I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant about our wedding photos because my husband and I have never taken formal pictures before. We did not have engagement photos so I... Read More thought things would be awkward on our wedding day when the time came to take the pictures. Was I wrong! Dan was absolutely fabulous and made the whole process so smooth and easy. Most of the time it didn't even feel like we were taking pictures! Prior to our wedding, Dan was so attentive and responsive to every email I sent (which can be a lot for those that know me). The detail and ease in which he helped plan the whole day made my life so much easier. Dan was professional, friendly, responsive, attentive to details, easy going and just fun. My entire bridal party loved him! We also thoroughly enjoyed all our wedding photos! The number one comment from everyone has been that these photos should be in a magazine and I couldn't agree more! Dan did a fabulous job and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Jenn P

Dan is amazing!!! He's such a pleasure to work with. From our initial meeting through the whole planning process, he has been extremely responsive and helpful! Our engagement pictures were beautiful and he made us feel at ease the whole shoot! We honestly spent an hour laughing... Read More with him, and it made for some priceless pictures. A bonus is he also acts as a wedding coordinator, reconfirming with vendors to ensure everything runs smoothly that day. We are so pleased we chose him for our special day!!! If you're looking for someone who will put you at ease and not make you feel like you're posing all day, you should definitely work with Dan!!

Dan Aguirre

I am a New York native who moved to New England for a degree, a change of scenery, and to pursue a career in photography. At the Art Institute of Boston I studied photojournalism, commercial photography, and fine art photography, which allowed me to shoot for publications like the Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, Stuff Magazine, Improper Bostonian, and quite a few more.