Intimate and honest photography.

For me, weddings are one of those things that never lose their charm. I have always believed that there is just as much importance in the small details as there is in the big moments, and that is why I give them equal respect. After 8+ years in the business, I have had the privilege of meeting many amazing couples, families, and unique individuals who have helped me realize two things that are always true: There are never two weddings that are the same & I treat each one with the care they deserve.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

To the moon & back happy!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tracy B

BOOK THIS MAN! Dan is the ultimate professional. He's attentive, fun, responsive and genuinely engaged. I found Dan on The Knot and immediately fell in love with his portfolio. I had a feeling I would book him, but chemistry checks are super important, so I prayed that Dan would... Read More be cool- and guess what? He's awesome. I booked Dan for my wedding without any hesitation. Throughout my planning cycles, we exchanged multiple emails and had in-person meetings to ensure my vision & expectations were clear. He's extremely organized, asks all the right questions, provides tips & pointers to help steer ideas/thoughts in the right direction and is always available. The day of my wedding, Dan arrived with his batman belt on sporting about 3 cameras around his waist; I knew he meant business! He not only blended into the background and was unobtrusive, but also worked extremely well with my videographer which was great. My wedding took place in a private residence owned by my family (a house I grew up in) and there were shots Dan took that I couldn't even place. The little details he captured had me scratching my head and playing "Where's Waldo" post honeymoon to find the shot locations. Dan not only met my expectations but greatly surpassed them. For any future events, I'll be reaching out to him first. He is a complete natural and I honestly couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kaleigh M

Dan. Is. Amazing. When we started looking for photographers shortly after we got engaged last year, there were so many I had no idea how we were going to choose. We found Dan on The Knot and immediately fell in love with his work. We loved his candids and attention to the... Read More details. He was super quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. Dan was really flexible with location too when it came to our engagement shoot. When we met with Dan in Maine to take our engagement pictures, he made us feel super comfortable from the get go. He made us laugh and was really laid back. Even when my husband got a little camera shy (little bit of an audience at one of our locations) Dan helped us through it and got some great shots!! There was quite a bit of time between our engagement shoot and our wedding but Dan was easy to get ahold of and would check in with us. When it came to the actual day, Dan and his partner were so even keeled. There was a little bit of a hiccup with bridal party transportation but he kept his cool, assured me all would be well and it helped me relax. He was great when it came to getting all of the family photos..made it quick and easy. Dan and his partner were with us the entire day.. Til the very end of the wedding. When he sent us the sneak peak photos, we literally couldn't wait to see all of them. All of the photos came to us super quick and were nothing short of amazing. We have received so many compliments on them and can't wait to pick out pictures for albums! We cannot say enough good things about Dan and his fellow photographer. They captured beautiful moments on the happiest day of our lives. Thank you so much Dan!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! We loved the idea of having a winter wedding, but never thought our day would be affected by a giant blizzard. We were so lucky that after a night of blizzard conditions and 18 inches of snow, that the weather... Read More cleared and the sun came out just in time for our first look photos. Dan was not just on time, he was EARLY (even with all the snow!) and ready with his camera almost immediately. This meant a lot given all of the stress we had experienced days leading up to our wedding and he made it so we had one less thing to worry about. He is professional, hard working and clearly very passionate about what he does. He got so many amazing photos (many outside in below freezing temperatures) from the entire day and night that exceeded all expectations we had! He captured all of the happy, funny, emotional and beautiful moments of our wedding day that have allowed us to relive it over and over. We were even able to view all of our perfectly edited photos online while still on our honeymoon. Dan was organized and available to answer all of our questions before, during and after our wedding. We knew after just one meeting and a very enjoyable engagement session that we wanted to hire him and we are SO happy we did. We had the best experience with Dan and we would very highly recommend him for!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Jonathan I

Words cannot describe how lucky we were to have Dan as our photographer. From the second we saw his photos we immediately knew that Dan was the guy for us. His ability to use every inch of his surroundings and every object around creates unique spectacular photos that you cannot... Read More get anywhere else. He is calm, creative, and talented to say the least. Dan was always around to answer questions and to ease our mind. He made our engagement photo sessions and entertaining despite it being December and 30 degrees. He captured unbelievable sunset pictures on a dock that family and friends are still talking about...We have been getting comments stating that our pictures look like they belong in a magazine! We will forever be indebted to Dan for capturing our day so beautifully and providing us with memories to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Sonal C

We were so happy to have Dan do both our engagement and wedding photos! He was absolutely a pleasure to work with and so easy-going. With a short deadline to get our save-the-dates out, we scheduled our engagement shoot early in the morning on a weekday and it ended up raining... Read More and Dan was such a great sport about it. He called even earlier in the morning to make sure we were ok with it and showed up before us with extra umbrellas (that looked a lot better than what we had at home.) He was able to get us the full album, beautifully edited in such a short time too! For the wedding photos, his attention to detail was astounding and the candids made it look like he didn’t miss a single moment. We are so happy with his quality of work and professionalism! Thank you Dan!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Lulu H

Dan was very professional and was able to direct all the shots. We absolutely loved his creative style and he was a fun guy to talk with. He made the whole experience stress-free. Whenever we had any questions, he would answer them. We were worried about the lighting at our... Read More church and wanted him to scope it out. He went with us to tour the venue and made suggestions that he did during the ceremony. He delivered the photos with a quick turn around and sent us a USB of all the images for us to keep. The photos that he took were absolutely amazing. Dan deserves all the awards and recognition!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Allison B

My new husband and I recommend with the highest confidence that you book Dan for your wedding as soon as you can. We came to Dan through two friends whose weddings he had previously photographed, and we are so glad we did. He was absolutely the vendor we had the highest level... Read More of confidence in and comfort with for our wedding day. Dan has meticulous attention to detail and great responsiveness / level of customer service. Working with him leading up to our wedding was a breeze. It is a huge comfort as a bride planning so many aspects of a wedding to trust your vendors, and you will definitely trust Dan to take care of any and all photography details needed. In our engagement shoot and wedding day photos, Dan was warm, professional, quick, and skilled. We got ALL of our photos back within two weeks of both of these events, which is absolutely above and beyond industry standard. In addition, Dan acted almost as a part of our wedding party in the best way possible as we got ready on our wedding day - he helped to pour champagne, steam a bridesmaids dress, and pin my father's boutinerre. He seamlessly set up my husband and my first look and truly helped us to plan and execute the logistics of the day in addition to capturing our wedding day so beautifully. Beyond his responsiveness, warmth, and service, Dan's skill is simply amazing. We love all of our photos so much. They capture the happiness of our wedding day and the joy of our loved ones at our celebration. Thank you, Dan!!! We loved working with you.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Phillip M

We are so happy that we hired Dan as the photographer for our wedding! He was very professional leading up to the big day - answered emails promptly and with detail, was great at scheduling, and most importantly made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Both Dan... Read More and his assistant did an amazing job on the wedding day. The photos came out amazing, and we honestly just had a great time hanging out with Dan throughout the day and various photo sessions. Dan got us our images within a week or two, which I consider to be a very fast turnaround. In summary, Dan is professional, incredibly skilled, and a super kind and personable guy. So glad we went with him!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Cate F

We were so lucky to have Dan photograph both our engagement photos and our wedding day! He is absolutely fantastic, we couldn't be happier with how the pictures turned out!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Alexandra S

From the moment we first met Dan, we knew he was the photographer we wanted to capture our wedding day. We contacted him and arranged a meeting about a year before our wedding. We never felt rushed or anxious, and had time to get to know each other, learn about his work, and... Read More share where we were in the planning process. He was the first vendor we met with, so we kept him updated throughout the year as we chose the others, the time of the ceremony, etc. and he was always very responsive. Dan is incredibly organized, and even asked for our vendors’ contact information so he could confirm the date, times, and locations with them a few days before - we really appreciated this extra effort. The day of he brings a partner to help shoot, both were incredibly easy to work with while we got ready in the morning, and doing formal portraits before the ceremony. His assistant was even able to go ahead to the church and reception and take some photographs of the venues before the guests arrived which we enjoyed seeing afterwards. Dan’s photographs speak for themselves. He knew how to work his way around a Greek Orthodox ceremony, in our case, and to weave through the crowd during the reception taking some amazing candid photographs. A few days after the wedding we received some teaser photographs, and about a week after the full set via an online album which were phenomenal. We chose our favorites, and are incredibly happy with the album we received. We would highly recommend Dan. He was a great communicator, a calm presence the day of the wedding, and most importantly an amazing photographer.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lucia C

Working with Dan and his assistant Mike were great! Dan has previously photographed my sister's wedding two years prior, and it was a no brainier to get back to him for our engagement photos and wedding day. From leading up to the wedding, to our wedding day, Dan was easy to... Read More communicate with, and ensured he captured all the photos on our wish-list. The hard part now is deciding which photos to print!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Christopher B

Dan's ability to perfectly capture both candid and portrait-style shots caught our attention immediately. His portfolio is superb, but what makes Dan stand out is his personality bar none. From the onset, Dan was well-organized, attentive, and provided invaluable insight for our... Read More big day, but most importantly he listened. He listened to our questions, our concerns, and listened to what we envisioned for photographs on our big day. Planning and coordination are his strong suits — the seamlessness on our wedding day with pre-ceremony shots, ceremony shots, post ceremony shots, reception shots, and golden-hour shots were perfect. During our wedding day Dan acted as a personal assistant to both the bride and groom, making us both feel comfortable and at ease. If you're looking for the perfect balance of creativity and professionalism, you've found your match. Dan books up fast and far in advance, so if you find that Dan has availability for your big day — book him.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jennifer O

I was initially referred to Dan by another photographer, and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! Dan shot my engagement photos and wedding day photos, and really went above and beyond. He is quick to respond, extremely professional, has an easy going attitude... Read More and is creative and artistic which shines through in his photography. We were very happy with our engagement photos which were taken in Beacon Hill last fall, and Dan checked In with us at various points throughout the year (we were married the following fall) and through the entire process i had complete confidence in him. On the day of the wedding, he was a total pro and knew exactly what do with us! He was there from 10am until 10pm and captured everything. One of the best surprises is that the wedding photos were ready in less than 2 weeks! Just amazing. He is a genuinely nice person and hard worker and i highly recommend him! He’s the best!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Marissa S

Dan is the BEST. The best photographer, of course - his pictures were BEAUTIFUL (and did I mention arrived just two weeks after our wedding? Trust me you'll love this after your wedding ends and you just want to relive all the moments and can't wait for your photos!), they... Read More captured everyone's expressions and emotions so perfectly, they captured the fall colors in the background and the colors of the bouquets and bridesmaids' dresses in such a gorgeous way, and they captured these little moments (like with the flower girl) that I didn't even realize were happening and LOVED. But not only that, Dan was the BEST doer-of-other-things-that-weren't-even-his-job - dress needs bustling? Dan to the rescue (only one who knew how to do it!). Reminding the bride to drink water because it's a LONG day and water is an afterthought? Dan was on it. Need chairs that can be used for the Hora? Dan got them! Someone faints during the wedding? Dan was there to help. Seriously, he did all these amazingly helpful things that weren't even under photographer role, and they were really, really appreciated. On top of that, he was a pleasure to work with (it was fun to hang out with him!), accommodated our requests to take jumping shots and table shots, and did I mention that his photos were BEAUTIFUL? Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Abbie L

Dan was an excellent photographer that met all of our needs and exceeded expectations in every way! He is very creative and produced a unique and beautiful collection for us to remember our special day.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Melissa P

Dan was professional and full of creative ideas on our big day. We did not have to worry about anything at all! Dan took every shot we requested and MANY MORE. We were blown away with the final product, which Dan sent to us very quickly following our wedding day. Dan helped us... Read More relax and encouraged us to have fun even during stressful moments. If you hire Dan, you will find out that he is VERY experienced with weddings and you can't go wrong. Dan helped make us feel like our wedding was unique and special. We were the center of Dan's attention and it felt like we were his only clients, even though we know he has MANY. My husband and I are so grateful to have picked Dan as our photographer. We will treasure the BEAUTIFUL photos for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Ashley B

Dan was phenomenal. I'm a really shy/introverted person, but he made me feel super comfortable in front of the camera. He was on top of things, too, like a true professional should be.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Hollis M

Dan photographed our wedding at Harrington Farm this August and I'm not sure that words can describe how awesome he is. The photos were amazing but Dan was also so helpful and really easy to work with. Dan and his assistant Mike both showed up right on time and made sure we... Read More stayed on schedule and got all the photos we wanted. He never hesitated to help when we needed an extra hand to carry something or with last minute details. We were feeling a little bit awkward at first, not really know what to do with people staring at us and taking photos but Dan was great at getting us to relax and smile and laugh naturally throughout the whole process. During the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception he took amazing photos without getting in the way of any of the celebration. He and Mike took photos of everything, it was like they were everywhere and no where all at once; they were like ninjas. As great as Dan was the day of the wedding, we were even more surprised when he e-mailed us a preview just 3 days after the wedding and had the website with every picture available a little over a week after the wedding. Shortly after that the USB drive with all the photos arrived in our mailbox in an awesome little storage box. We had to make tons of decisions for this wedding, but I would say one of the best was hiring Dan to photograph our day. I can't thank him and Mike enough!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Adelaide P

Dan is incredible! He is so calm and down to earth - exactly the kind of person you want to be spending your special day with. Our wedding day fell on the one rainy, cold day in a week of beautiful weather, and as the forecast shaped up, I started to freak out. Dan was... Read More amazing; he calmed me down by sending me some gorgeous photos he'd taken in the rain and assured me that we would still get great pictures even if it poured. When the day arrived, he was so great! He was found ways to get incredible shots without getting us soaked, and he was totally game to march out into the wet fields with a tarp and umbrellas. He had us laughing and having a great time despite the weather. In fact, that intrepid photo shoot in the rain is one of my best memories of the big day. After the ceremony, the clouds parted and we even got a rainbow! Dan literally laid down on the muddy ground to get the shot! He was so committed! We had such a good time taking the photos, but when I saw the result I was blown away. Not only did Dan turn them around super quick, but the photos are INCREDIBLE. There are no words! He captured every moment and made two very awkward people look so natural and happy. During the dancing, he captured all the fun and candid liveliness of the night. I could not be happier!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Amy d

Dan was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. He made my husband and I feel so incredibly comfortable during our wedding photos. My husband and I don't like to be the center of attention and worried what the day of the wedding would be like. Both he and his partner... Read More create an amazing atmosphere the day of the wedding, we were put at ease and had the time of our lives. Prior to the wedding, planning and working with him was easy, detail oriented, and smooth. We couldn't ask for a better photographer. The pictures came out BEAUTIFUL. All of my family, wedding guests, and friends were beyond impressed by him as well. I highly highly recommend Dan Aguirre photography!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 A C

Dan was amazing, he exceeded our expectations in every way. Everyone should have him as their wedding photographer. From the very beginning he was a pleasure to work with, a perfect mix of professional and warm. We met once in person to talk and decided then and there to book... Read More him. After that every time I thought "oh, I should reach out to him" I would find an email from him addressing exactly the question I had. On the day of the wedding he was so much more than a photographer. He kept everything on track and running on time, and I would frequently direct people with questions about what was happening next to ask him. He was also just a really fun person to have at our wedding. The value of what we received for what we paid was phenomenal. He arrived in the morning while I was getting ready and his assistant took care of photographing the groom getting ready. They were both there for almost 12 hours that day. I am not a fan of getting my picture taken and tire of it easily. But he made the whole process enjoyable and pictures flew by. We also had more than enough time to make it to cocktail hour which was a plus. Everyone at the wedding commented on how exceptional he was. Even last minute changes he was able to handle with ease. We got a "teaser" of several pictures less than a week after the wedding and the full set in two weeks. All of them are perfect! - it's going to be very hard selecting which ones to put in the album. Overall, I can't say enough good things, I don't think this review even does him justice.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Rebecca D

It was actually surprising to me to learn how important your wedding photographer can be. Not only do they need to take absolutely stunning and incredible photos, but they need to be approachable, you need to feel comfortable around them (as you will be with them for your whole... Read More wedding day!), you need to trust them and trust their work, they need to be easy going but efficient and effective in communicating what is happening/going to happen, and work well with all of your other vendors (and your family of 50+ all running around trying to take wedding photos, which Dan managed with ease and try professionalism.) All of these qualities we were lucky enough to find in Dan. Working with Dan was one of the easiest choices we made in the wedding planning process. He is not only talented and takes fantastic and special photos, but he is also priced reasonably and fairly. Just a quick story about Dan and his amazingness - I was about two weeks out from my wedding on 4/8/17 and was busy with lots of last minute to-dos! I accidentally overpaid Dan by $300 and I had no idea. I most likely would have never noticed. He immediately got in touch with me to let me know I overpaid him and he refunded me immediately. ALSO I asked him how much it would be for him to stay an extra couple hours at our reception, and he pointed out to me that his contract was actually for as many hours as I wanted him to stay (he stayed 12 hours....!) He is just an honest, genuine and awesome photographer and I give him my highest recommendation. Thank you Dan for capturing the most crazy, beautiful, happiest day of our lives. We owe you so much for making our day so perfect and seamless, and capturing it to be just that!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 KC C

Hiring Dan was the best wedding-related decision we made during our 1.5 year engagement. If you've had a chance to see his fantastic work, it's so clear why someone would hire him, however what blew us away just as much was his unbelievably kind, calm and responsible... Read More personality. I never realized how a wedding photographer’s personality would impact the day, but of course it does! You and your fiancé, family and friends are with that person all day and they contribute to the tone of the celebration from start to finish. We are lucky that Dan was by our side to create such a memorable, enjoyable experience. Dan takes great care to get to know what you want as a couple, meeting with you before the wedding and even taking the time to scope out the wedding location if he isn’t familiar with it. Through these efforts, we had our first look in a beautiful location I would have otherwise overlooked. My fiancé was pretty nervous about the photography process at our wedding and Dan made it not just painless, but enjoyable. He puts even the most camera shy person at ease and works so well with the wedding party, even one as big as ours (24 people!). The large group photos were quick, organized and came out great. Our first look was stress-free and resulted in many of my favorite photos of the evening. We are also thrilled with his beautiful candids, which made up another group of the photos we adore from the night. It’s what I first noticed about his work and, once we got our online album back, we were thrilled to see he had exceeded our very high expectations. There are photos that my fiancé, family and friends have looked at in complete disbelief – we couldn’t believe some of the very special images he was able to capture without disrupting the moment at all. He really is a photography ninja! Additionally, Dan’s attention to detail is impeccable. He would notice when a hair was out of place or when one of us was holding a drink during a special photo, and quickly fix the issue so it wasn’t a part of the shot. His calm, kind and responsible presence was noticed by everyone at the wedding. Needless to say after our amazing experience with Dan and the beautiful results of his work, we have had many engaged friends ask for his contact information! We could not recommend him more. Thank you, Dan!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Mary B

We had a wonderful time working with Dan! From the time that my fiance and I first booked him, he was wonderful about keeping in contact leading up to the day of. Because we were planning our wedding from out of town, Dan was very accommodating in scheduling several meetings... Read More both in person and over skype when we were available. We loved that he was able to come with a second professional for the day of the wedding and stay throughout the evening, as opposed to other photographers that we looked into who charged extra for these services- for Dan they came with his commitment to the entire day! The photos came out beautifully- both of our family and loved ones, as well as photos of the little details of the day.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jaclyn T

Where do I even begin?! Dan photographed the wedding of a friend two years ago and as soon as we got engaged I had to book him. One of the most genuinely nice, laid back people ever! He was great through the whole planning process. The pictures were exactly what we wanted and... Read More they're all gorgeous. We got our teaser 3 days after the wedding and get the rest within 2 weeks. Can't recommend him enough!

Dan Aguirre

I am a New York native who moved to New England for a degree, a change of scenery, and to pursue a career in photography. At the Art Institute of Boston I studied photojournalism, commercial photography, and fine art photography, which allowed me to shoot for publications like the Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, Stuff Magazine, Improper Bostonian, and quite a few more.