Timeless. Vibrant. Editorial.

Specializing in timeless, vibrant, editorial wedding photography for fabulous couples! I absolutely LOVE coastal + plantation weddings that include gorgeous oak trees + ample Spanish Moss, a marina or beach area, couples who give me some time to shoot in downtown Charleston on their wedding day, and weddings filled with lots of bright colors + beautiful florals! The foundation of my business is people and relationships. Making connections with the couples I work with is so important to me and the best part about my job is that most of my couples become my friends in the process. I am available for worldwide travel and would love to document your wedding day, near or far!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Stephanie V

There is no better photographer in Charleston than Dana Cubbage. When beginning the planning process, photography was TOP of my list. My husband and I wanted the best and we got THE BEST. You can tell from the very start that Dana LOVES what she does and that is so important.... Read More She is truly living out her passion and it shows through her amazing work. Her attention to detail, her ability to communicate quickly, and her dedication to her clients is absolutely amazing. Dana and her team captured our wedding day in the most delicate, beautiful, magical way. Throughout the day, Dana was patient, smiling, friendly, helpful, hard working, and organized. She did not miss a single thing. I am forever thankful to Dana and her team for playing such a pivotal role in our wedding day and absolutely nailing it! We are so obsessed with all of our wedding pictures and will remember Dana's hard work and dedication for a lifetime! THANK YOU DANA CUBBAGE!! YOU ARE AMAAAAAZING!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Francesca S

Dana Cubbage is an amazing photographer and an amazing person and I could not be happier with my decision to work with her for our wedding. Photos have always been important to me and so when it came time to choose my wedding photographer I did not take the decision lightly. I... Read More did endless research and family surveys of whose style we liked best before talking with a few local photographers. I decided on Dana because of her bubbly personality that seemed like a great fit that would make us very comfortable on our wedding day in addition to her incredible talent for fun and fresh wedding photos. Our engagement photos were fabulous but it was my bridal portrait session that really confirmed that Dana was the best photographer I could have hoped for and that she was going to be able to handle anything that our wedding day threw her way. I traveled to Charleston with my family a month before the wedding and spent three hours in the salon preparing for my portraits. When I emerged from the salon, a giant thunderstorm arose in the 15 minutes it took me to get from the salon to Legare Waring house which we had rented for the afternoon. As the rain fell, so did my spirits and aspirations for getting the beautiful plantation pictures I had always envisioned. Dana greeted us at the house with bottles of champagne, straws to preserve my lipstick, and the patience to wait out the storm, no matter how long it took. Three hours and two bottles of champagne later, the rain let up and we made our way outside into the muddy grass. Thankfully Dana was prepared for everything and had brought a sheet for me to stand on to keep my feet and dress clean. We trudged barefoot through the puddles, Dana carrying my belongings and helping me wipe my feet at each stop to not muddy my dress. We ended up with some beautiful photos and an unforgettable experience. On the day before our wedding, Dana walked all around downtown Charleston to scout out locations where the lighting would be ideal at the exact time of our first look. Her advance planning resulted in a smooth and stress free first look and photo session with the bridal party. She kept us all on track and meticulously captured every special moment throughout the day. She was never invasive but always there, capturing an artistic assortment of candid and posed photos. After the wedding, I received my edited photos quickly and I am thrilled beyond words at the overwhelming quality and quantity of images Dana produced. I have looked at friends’ wedding albums before and I have never seen this many fantastic images of one wedding. Dana captured all the details I spent so long planning but did not get to fully appreciate in the excitement of the wedding day. I am so pleased to be able to look back at our wedding day and be able to relive every moment through Dana’s exceptional photos. Choosing to work with Dana was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Nothing compares!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Megan M

I could write a novel about why Dana Cubbage is THE BEST wedding photographer. Choosing her was the most important and rewarding choice my husband and I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I truly cannot imagine a single detail that she could have improved upon.... Read More There's no way I will be able to detail every item upon which she excelled in the space allotted for this review, but here are some highlights: Dana's photography is obviously incredible. I was so excited to have her capture our day the way she so expertly has captured the others posted on her blog. When I saw my bridal portraits and then our wedding photos, I was a Taylor Swift album of emotions. I laughed, I cried... I was in awe of how beautifully she captured the details, moments, and emotions involved in the day!! Simply selecting "favorites" to put into an album has proved quite challenging... I think I have narrowed it down from 100% to about 92% of the total number of photos. By the way, she delivered our photos on an unbelievably quick turn around. Our photos were ready LONG before we returned from our honeymoon. Seriously - Dana, do you sleep? Dana is SO calm, easy going and fit in seamlessly with our group. Nothing phased her. The moment she showed up in the bridal suite, there was a tangible shift down in my stress level. I cannot stress to the brides-to-be how important this quality is in your photographer. When torrential rainstorms kept us at the "getting ready" location far longer than we planned, it was no biggie. Dana captured detail shots, giggled with us as we told stories to pass the time, and quietly coordinated shifts to the timeline (had our planner bring the bouquets to our location, stayed in touch with the second shooter who was with the guys, etc) and she somehow did this all without me realizing anything should have gone otherwise. Dana knows her stuff. Her "coaching" during my bridal portraits and on the wedding day was exemplary. Everything was easy-going and felt natural, and looks fantastic in photos. She scoped out great picture spots around our reception, ceremony, and getting ready locations prior to our big day, moving us seamlessly from location to location. My bridesmaids RAVED about Dana - to have others close to us confirm what we felt about her was fantastic. In addition to being an amazing photographer and person, there were several surprises and gifts that made our experience with Dana outstanding. Dana is professional, talented, and easy going. I have not a single reservation in recommending her!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Sarah M

Dana is truly amazing on all fronts!! She was SO much fun to work with and over-delivered on every expectation we had. Dana and her team totally blended at the ceremony and reception, which helped with capturing every moment from the day. Her clean, classic, editorial style is... Read More so beautiful and I was beyond thrilled with the entire experience from start to finish. Thank you Dana!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Shannon K

I don't know that here are enough amazing words to describe Dana and her work. She and her second shooter were professional, efficient, and very flexible. I am so happy with the way all the pictures turned out and she was such a joy to work with. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Elena T

Dana and Molly were amazing! From the very beginning, Dana was super responsive and very organized. She made sure to capture all the little details that I wanted and helped to make my big day as stress-free as possible! Also, I got all my pictures back super fast which was a... Read More huge plus! Overall, I could not say enough good things about Dana and her team and it was definitely the best investment that we made!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

Dana and her team were amazing to work with! The wedding day goes by so fast, it was really important to us to have someone that would capture every single moment so that we could relive that day for the rest of our lives. I have only seen a preview so far, but OMG, I am pretty... Read More sure the photos are even more amazing than it was in real life and in real life it was a dream come true. Dana and her team were our kind of people and made the few hours of photos really fun. We really appreciated her coaching and humor that kept us laughing the whole time. I mean what other wedding photographer is going to coach you on the skinny stand?!?! SHE WAS AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Ammie C

Dana Cubbage was such an amazing and esstienal part of Alex and my's special day! I cannot say enough about Dana's personality and the professionalism that comes along with her beautiful pictures. She was so easy to work with! We spoke several times before the big day and she... Read More made sure that her shots, combined with her creativity, provided the pictures I had always dreamed of. She is the quintessential wedding photographer all brides need!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jenn Y

If Dana is available for your date book her now :) We used her as both our engagement and wedding photographer. Dana captured our entire day start to finish with amazing pictures that everyone thinks are from a magazine. Dana has such an incredible talent and makes you feel... Read More completly comfortable throughout the entire day. On your wedding day you spend a good amount of time with your photographer and Dana is just so sweet and fun to be around! She is amazing at getting all of the shots you want and kept our large wedding party/family so organized it was a breeze to get all the pictures in. After the wedding we received our pictures so quickly! I am so glad we chose Dana as her incredible work is what we will continue to cherish throughout the years.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Elizabeth C

Dana is literally the most amazing photographer ever. Her light, bright and fun style really shows through no matter what your venue and attire are. She is so on top of it and really made our wedding day flow. We booked her for full day coverage from getting ready that morning... Read More until the exit from our reception. She and her associate photographer were so on top of it and great. We were ahead of schedule the whole day so they even had time to get some extra photos prior to the ceremony of any family or friends that just wanted a professional photo done. We got a "sneak peek" photo the day after the wedding, she posted her favorites on her blog (about 140 photos) within about a week and we had all of the photos within about 3 weeks of the wedding! Then...a month after the wedding, we received a surprise package in the mail with one of our beautiful bride + groom photos printed on a large canvas! You will absolutely get your money's worth with Dana Cubbage. We are absolutely going to be hiring her in the future for a 1 year anniversary shoot and many other shoots to come! Liz + Thomas Cooke

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Mollie C

Working with Dana and her team was honestly a DREAM! She was our very first vendor, because after seeing her portfolio there was no way we wanted to work with anyone else!! She was warm and engaged from our first interaction until now - when we received our full set of wedding... Read More photos. She not only answered all of our questions about her services in an efficient and friendly manner, but she also made honest suggestions for other vendors in Charleston which made planning a destination wedding so much easier! We worked with Associate Photographer, Emily, for both our engagement photos and wedding day, and we can not say enough wonderful things about her & her team! We are still receiving compliments from bridal party members, family and even guests on how amazing and sweet they were. They made everyone feel comfortable throughout the entire day, and they blended in seamlessly during the reception so no one ever felt like there was a camera around. The photos they captured are not only beautiful, but they truly show the love we felt that day for each other, and for all of our guests. Dana and Emily truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day (and the entire process) one that was so memorable. We can not thank them enough for their hard work and guidance from start to finish.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Tanya W

Dana’s services go beyond being a photographer and she is extremely flexible to work with. She was always available to answer questions and would even give us vendor recommendations! My family walked away from our wedding raving about how easy Dana was. I am very particular with... Read More photos, so choosing the right photographer was the most important thing to me. When I saw Dana’s work I knew immediately I wanted to work with her.  We did our engagement photos with Dana and were nervous but she instantly made us feel comfortable and at ease so we knew using her for our wedding day was a no brainer. Being able to feel comfortable around someone who is literally following you around (which by the way you forget she is even there) to capture the best moments is extremely important and Dana makes that so easy! We booked our wedding day around her availability and I am so glad we did. Her team was so great to be around as well – they all work really hard at making sure everything is right!  Dana is great at making a couple’s personality show through photos.  Our photos were outstanding; we couldn’t be happier!    - Tanya

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Kiersten S

There are a million things I could say about Dana, so I will say exactly what I said to her after our wedding photos came back ( Quickly, I might add. Do you sleep, Dana??). "I’m currently sitting at my desk at work trying not to cry and look like an idiot while reliving these... Read More pictures, but I am bursting with happiness! These pictures are STUNNING. You do such an incredible job of seeing something that others wouldn’t and picking up the most beautiful details in a photo. Thank you for capturing every special moment and emotion throughout the day; big smiles, the happiest of tears, and SO MUCH LOVE. Kevin and I could not have asked for anything more. We are so lucky to have you shoot our day. Per Kevin, “Her gallery is unbelievable. Wow. She killed it.” " A huge thank you to Dana, as well as Sloane and Kelly, for helping make our day so perfect. Our family, my in-laws, and guests were so complimentary of Dana and her team too. I think that speaks volumes about someone. Dana's photos are truly perfect, I promise to any future bride that you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Whitney V

Dana Cubbage is the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER!! Meeting Dana was seriously a blessing to my husband and I. I am a huge fan of photography/pictures and wanted everything documented, my husband on the other hand can be a little camera shy---Dana knew exactly how to make him come out of... Read More his shell for pictures and genuinely make us laugh for great photographs! We first started working with Dana for our engagement pictures about a year before our wedding. Dana drove all the way from Charleston to my farm outside of Charlotte, NC in order to give me the fall engagement pictures I have aways wanted. Our engagement photos were stunning, so I knew our wedding day would be perfect as well, and I was certainly right!! Dana was so accommodating, timely, and flexible. She wanted to make sure I got every shot that I wanted on our wedding day. All of her photographs were simply stunning as well. I have had so many people comment on how amazing my photographer was, and they couldn't be more accurate. I have spent hours obsessing over every picture she took on our wedding day. Her photographs are vibrant, fun, and really capture so many important moments perfectly. One thing I love is that they aren't "over edited" but are instead so real and fabulous in quality. Dana was always fast in communication, incredibly prompt in getting photos back to us, and even gives a sneak peak within 24 hrs!! Thank you so much, Dana, for being such an incredible and wonderful photographer and person/friend to us both through our wedding journey. I would never want another photographer to document the biggest day of our lives-- Dana was incredible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kristen R

Well what can I say about Dana that hasn't already been said? As you can see by the many reviews about her work, Dana has AMAZING photography skills. My husband and I were blown away by how great out wedding photos turned out. During the planning process there were many... Read More difficult decisions I had to make and selecting my wedding photographer was not one of them! That was one of the first decisions I made because I knew right away who I wanted to work with! Dana's great online website made it so easy to see that she is a fun and playful photographer with a great eye. I loved working with her on the day of my wedding and I knew she was a pro so I trusted her completely! We are so happy with Dana- she is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Wendy D

Dana and her A-team are *absolute* rockstars! They were with us all day and even went so far as to drive my groom and I separately to our First Look location. I originally wanted to go the traditional route and not do a first look -- SO glad we changed our minds. It was... Read More such a sweet, private moment to share and also gave us time to take some great shots of the two of us before the wedding party arrived. Dana has the wedding timeline down to a complete science and makes life a breeze come wedding day. She anticipates everything flawlessly, I had zero concerns on wedding day and let her + our planner run the show. She is engaging, responsive, curious, passionate, and highly skilled. The photos she produces are like magic; I was (still am) blown away. Every single photo is beautiful and she captures details exquisitely. We had the pleasure of working with Kelly as second shooter and she was every bit as much a dream to work with. Kudos to her for also putting up with our rowdy wedding party taking a bus to the bar pre-ceremony! :) I am so glad we found Dana and invested with her for our wedding day; Easily one of the best decisions we made. You will not be disappointed in the least; Dana & team are a DREAM!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Anna Beth B

I can't say enough about Dana - she deserves a glowing recommendation. She is simply amazing and I'm so thankful we chose her to document our day. She has quite an eye for scenery, angles, and colors. Not only did she shoot our wedding, but also did our engagement photos and my... Read More bridal portraits. Each time we worked with her, she had the perfect plan in mind for where we should go and what type of backdrops to use. Everyone that sees our photos say they look like they should be used in a magazine. Not only does Dana take amazing photos - she is adept at handling all the emotions that come out during a wedding and she is great with pets. We had our golden retriever with us for both the engagement photos and the wedding and Dana was able to get her to cooperate with her natural pet knack and handy tools (squeaky balls!). Dana is quick (so the guys don't get impatient), energetic (she works her butt off snapping photos all night long), and attentive to detail (she even planned out our wedding day timeline for us!). HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lauren K

Dana was extremely responsive in all our emails / calls/ face-times before wedding day. She was willing to work with our wedding day timeline and re-arrange a few things to make sure I felt 110% comfortable with the flow. She and her assistant make a great team. They were... Read More extremely professional throughout the whole day / night and the pictures are something I am able to take away and have the rest of my life. They are ABSOLUTELY stunning. She's a "quick" photographer in the sense she's so good at what she's doing, the pictures just flew by. There was no awkward standing around, trying to figure out how to pose. She just took the lead, told us what to do and it made the day extremely stress free! If I had to do it all over again, I would pick her in a heart beat. She was the absolute greatest and I highly recommend Dana!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Casey E

I could not be happier with my experience with Dana and her team as our wedding photographer. She was incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. She has so much experience and knowledge and goes above and beyond in so many ways. She is willing to offer... Read More advice on everything wedding - not just on photography - and she has a TON of great advice (check her blog). She worked with me and my husband to get us wonderful photos both downtown and on Shem Creek, which could have been a logistical nightmare, but it went very smooth. I would choose her as my wedding photographer over and over again. Our wedding photos are amazing. Dana captured every detail and every moment just perfectly. Not only is she a wonderful resource in wedding planning, and an incredibly talented photographer, but she is a genuinely kind and wonderful person.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Dana's wedding photos for my sons wedding were amazing! She coordinated everything before, during, and after the wedding extremely well with all members of the wedding party. Dana has a natural ability to put together incredible photos with wedding items, choose beautiful... Read More backgrounds for the wedding party and capture perfectly random wedding/reception photos. I would definitely recommend Dana and her staff. Her wedding photos and beach photos for the family will keep my memories alive and vivid for many years! Thank you Dana!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Cara G

Dana and her team were amazing! Not only was she extremely helpful before the wedding in helping me pick out other vendors, etc but the work she did the day of was amazing. Taking all of the necessary shots was painless and fast and the photographs came out perfectly! She had... Read More them edited and ready for us much sooner than expected! Would work with her again without question and highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kate M

The BEST! After reading her Bio I knew I wanted to have Dana document my wedding day. She was so helpful from the planning to the day of - even down to helping with the selection of my earrings :), it's the small things! Friends and family raved about her fun loving personality.... Read More I will forever have amazing photos and memories of my wedding day thanks to Dana.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Alyson A

Dana and her team were absolutely amazing and I cannot thank them enough for the incredible job they did with our wedding (and engagement) photos. From the minute we first spoke to the goodbye on our wedding day, Dana went above and beyond to make our day spectacular. Not only... Read More did she humor all of my questions about whether or not the color of my bridesmaids dresses would photograph well, she provided so much helpful information to make us feel at ease about our photos. Our actual wedding day was one of the hottest of the year in Charleston so far and her and her girls never once complained about the heat during the almost 12 hours we spent together. They always had a smile on their face and kept me at ease throughout the day. The photos themselves are something we will treasure forever. I am already trying to come up with other events I could use them for! Thank you Dana, Emily and Sloane from the bottom of my heart.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Meaghan B

Seriously the best photographer in Charleston! Dana was such a pleasure to work with from the beginning. She was super accommodating to all of our requests and generally just a nice, fun person. Her second shooter, Caroline, was so sweet and a blast to be with as well! We never... Read More got to meet Dana before our wedding day, as we were out of state and in the middle of a big move, but on the morning if she put us all right at ease! Her pictures are amazing. We're beyond obsessed with them, and I can't even pick a favorite because they're all so good! Probably the best vendor decision of our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Alyssa M

Dana was simply amazing! Choosing her as our photographer was one of the best decisions that we made - I know going into the wedding that having a particular style of photography was really important to me - and Dana was EXACTLY that style - and I am SO happy that we found her.... Read More She took the most beautiful pictures and was such a joy to work with. She really went above and beyond for us that whole day - and in the days leading up to the wedding. She answered every question - every concern and was just so easy to work with. I could not be happier and more thrilled about how the pictures turned out - I would recommend her to anyone!

Dana Cubbage

Hi, I'm Dana. I'm a sucker for rescue dogs and I am owned by two special pups named Beckham + Sunday. I'm a proud #crazydoglady. I could eat Mexican food 7 days a week... no joke. I love "reality" TV and I'm pretty sure I'd die without Bravo. I love pearls + big chunky jewelry, Starbucks, traveling, fresh cut flowers, coastal living, letterpress, and (of course) margaritas.