Timeless. Vibrant. Editorial.

Specializing in timeless, vibrant, editorial wedding photography for fabulous couples! I absolutely LOVE coastal + plantation weddings that include gorgeous oak trees + ample Spanish Moss, a marina or beach area, couples who give me some time to shoot in downtown Charleston on their wedding day, and weddings filled with lots of bright colors + beautiful florals! The foundation of my business is people and relationships. Making connections with the couples I work with is so important to me and the best part about my job is that most of my couples become my friends in the process. I am available for worldwide travel and would love to document your wedding day, near or far!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Stephanie V

There is no better photographer in Charleston than Dana Cubbage. When beginning the planning process, photography was TOP of my list. My husband and I wanted the best and we got THE BEST. You can tell from the very start that Dana LOVES what she does and that is so important.... Read More She is truly living out her passion and it shows through her amazing work. Her attention to detail, her ability to communicate quickly, and her dedication to her clients is absolutely amazing. Dana and her team captured our wedding day in the most delicate, beautiful, magical way. Throughout the day, Dana was patient, smiling, friendly, helpful, hard working, and organized. She did not miss a single thing. I am forever thankful to Dana and her team for playing such a pivotal role in our wedding day and absolutely nailing it! We are so obsessed with all of our wedding pictures and will remember Dana's hard work and dedication for a lifetime! THANK YOU DANA CUBBAGE!! YOU ARE AMAAAAAZING!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Francesca S

Dana Cubbage is an amazing photographer and an amazing person and I could not be happier with my decision to work with her for our wedding. Photos have always been important to me and so when it came time to choose my wedding photographer I did not take the decision lightly. I... Read More did endless research and family surveys of whose style we liked best before talking with a few local photographers. I decided on Dana because of her bubbly personality that seemed like a great fit that would make us very comfortable on our wedding day in addition to her incredible talent for fun and fresh wedding photos. Our engagement photos were fabulous but it was my bridal portrait session that really confirmed that Dana was the best photographer I could have hoped for and that she was going to be able to handle anything that our wedding day threw her way. I traveled to Charleston with my family a month before the wedding and spent three hours in the salon preparing for my portraits. When I emerged from the salon, a giant thunderstorm arose in the 15 minutes it took me to get from the salon to Legare Waring house which we had rented for the afternoon. As the rain fell, so did my spirits and aspirations for getting the beautiful plantation pictures I had always envisioned. Dana greeted us at the house with bottles of champagne, straws to preserve my lipstick, and the patience to wait out the storm, no matter how long it took. Three hours and two bottles of champagne later, the rain let up and we made our way outside into the muddy grass. Thankfully Dana was prepared for everything and had brought a sheet for me to stand on to keep my feet and dress clean. We trudged barefoot through the puddles, Dana carrying my belongings and helping me wipe my feet at each stop to not muddy my dress. We ended up with some beautiful photos and an unforgettable experience. On the day before our wedding, Dana walked all around downtown Charleston to scout out locations where the lighting would be ideal at the exact time of our first look. Her advance planning resulted in a smooth and stress free first look and photo session with the bridal party. She kept us all on track and meticulously captured every special moment throughout the day. She was never invasive but always there, capturing an artistic assortment of candid and posed photos. After the wedding, I received my edited photos quickly and I am thrilled beyond words at the overwhelming quality and quantity of images Dana produced. I have looked at friends’ wedding albums before and I have never seen this many fantastic images of one wedding. Dana captured all the details I spent so long planning but did not get to fully appreciate in the excitement of the wedding day. I am so pleased to be able to look back at our wedding day and be able to relive every moment through Dana’s exceptional photos. Choosing to work with Dana was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Nothing compares!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Megan M

I could write a novel about why Dana Cubbage is THE BEST wedding photographer. Choosing her was the most important and rewarding choice my husband and I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I truly cannot imagine a single detail that she could have improved upon.... Read More There's no way I will be able to detail every item upon which she excelled in the space allotted for this review, but here are some highlights: Dana's photography is obviously incredible. I was so excited to have her capture our day the way she so expertly has captured the others posted on her blog. When I saw my bridal portraits and then our wedding photos, I was a Taylor Swift album of emotions. I laughed, I cried... I was in awe of how beautifully she captured the details, moments, and emotions involved in the day!! Simply selecting "favorites" to put into an album has proved quite challenging... I think I have narrowed it down from 100% to about 92% of the total number of photos. By the way, she delivered our photos on an unbelievably quick turn around. Our photos were ready LONG before we returned from our honeymoon. Seriously - Dana, do you sleep? Dana is SO calm, easy going and fit in seamlessly with our group. Nothing phased her. The moment she showed up in the bridal suite, there was a tangible shift down in my stress level. I cannot stress to the brides-to-be how important this quality is in your photographer. When torrential rainstorms kept us at the "getting ready" location far longer than we planned, it was no biggie. Dana captured detail shots, giggled with us as we told stories to pass the time, and quietly coordinated shifts to the timeline (had our planner bring the bouquets to our location, stayed in touch with the second shooter who was with the guys, etc) and she somehow did this all without me realizing anything should have gone otherwise. Dana knows her stuff. Her "coaching" during my bridal portraits and on the wedding day was exemplary. Everything was easy-going and felt natural, and looks fantastic in photos. She scoped out great picture spots around our reception, ceremony, and getting ready locations prior to our big day, moving us seamlessly from location to location. My bridesmaids RAVED about Dana - to have others close to us confirm what we felt about her was fantastic. In addition to being an amazing photographer and person, there were several surprises and gifts that made our experience with Dana outstanding. Dana is professional, talented, and easy going. I have not a single reservation in recommending her!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Joanne T

Dana is one of the most talented individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. When we were looking for a photographer for my daughters wedding, I flipped through all the wedding magazines. Every time a particular photographers work caught my eye, it was Dana's... Read More photos. She is professional, unobtrusive, and a sheer pleasure to work with. She is responsive, punctual, and extremely willing to please. I, (along with my daughter and now son in law), would recommend her highly.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Crystal T

I’ll start by saying our wedding pictures came out amazing! We are thrilled we chose Dana Cubbage to document our special day as she is extremely talented and easy to work with. Our whole day went flawlessly with Dana driving much of the timeline and organization and we... Read More absolutely love how her and her team worked with our other vendors seamlessly. Dana has a ton of experience and offered several suggestions throughout the planning process and day of that really made a difference. Dana also really took into consideration the things that were important to us and made sure to capture those photos in a tight timeframe. We would highly recommend Dana to any future couples, she will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kathryn P

Dana is INCREDIBLE! Not only are her photos stunning (which you can tell from her gallery), but she is so fun and easy to work with! Dana always responds to emails right away. She has a wonderful personality, and great sense of humor, which made our engagement photos and wedding... Read More day even better. And, Dana got our photos back to us super quick! I decided to book Dana for my wedding a year in advance, and I'm so glad I did! When deciding on other vendors, I would ask Dana if she had ever worked with them (and she has worked with just about everyone)- I always felt like Dana would give me her honest opinion on other wedding pros. She has great taste and I loved being able to work with someone who I could completely trust. She also put me in touch with her other Charleston brides, which made for a great network of wedding idea sharing. Wedding planning can be stressful, but working with Dana was completely stress-free. I highly, highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Megan G

Dana is fabulous! Not only are her photos beautiful, but Dana and her staff were fun to work with and an overall joy during our wedding. We live in NYC, but we will certainly go back and/or have Dana come to us so that we may work with her again!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lauren N

I worked with Dana on three separate occasions, engagement photos, bridal portrait session and then our actual wedding. Dana is super easy going, friendly, and fun! Before our first session, my fiance and I were super nervous but she quickly put us at ease, cracking jokes and... Read More getting us to smile and laugh. A couple weeks before each session Dana emails out helpful guides and tips for how to prepare. This definitely helped set our minds at ease! All of the photos we got back from Dana were AMAZING! Especially the photos from our wedding day. I have received so many complements from family and friends after sharing the photos and have already recommended Dana to some friends who are recently engaged. Thanks for everything, Dana!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jackie P

Dana and her staff were an absolute dream! My husband and I worked with Dana a year prior for our engagement shoot, so we were beyond excited to see her again on our wedding day. She makes the entire day so fun and everyone feel so comfortable when she is photographing all of... Read More her images. I would recommend Dana to any and all of my friends who are recently engaged!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Jennifer S

Dana truly is the best! When our October wedding was canceled due to Hurricane Matthew, we waited another 8 months for a new date that worked for Dana. It had to be her! You will be amazed by the light and color in every photograph. She has an eye for detail and a creative... Read More touch. Dana captured the most beautiful moments from our beach wedding and I still can't decide which ones to enlarge and display in our home! Look no further... She is the one!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Molly P

Stop searching for photographers and book Dana Cubbage for your wedding NOW! We used Dana for our engagement shoot, bridal portraits, and wedding day and will for sure be using her for anniversary sessions in the upcoming years. She makes both the bride and groom feel so at ease... Read More when she is behind the camera. My husband was nervous when we took our engagement shoot but after we left he said "Dana made me feel so chill!" Her pictures are amazingly bright and fresh and have such a great natural light in each and every shot. We printed out our entire engagement session!!!!! The wedding day Dana makes you feel so at ease! My bridal party was ecstatic because she did not have them standing out in the heat for hours taking pictures! Her pictures are beautiful and you will not regret anything about choosing her. SHE IS FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jocelyn B

It's taken me almost three weeks to write this review because I've been trying to find the perfect words to sum up my experience with Dana. I am truly blown away - I don't think words can explain it. Dana is incredibly talented and I can't begin to express how happy I am that... Read More she was there to document one of the best days of my life. I'm serious, my wedding day was perfect and I owe so much of that to Dana. We signed up for her full service package, which made me so happy because I got to spend all day with her. Dana photographed each moment flawlessly - capturing movement, emotion, and love. There wasn't one moment that I worried she was missing something and I was completely confident in her abilities. Working with Dana and her team on your wedding day will be the best decision you make. P.S. Make sure to do engagement photos! We were considering not doing a session because we live out of town, but I am so happy we did. It was the perfect chance to get to know Dana, get some posing practice, and feel more comfortable being in front of the camera.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Sarah M

Dana is truly amazing on all fronts!! She was SO much fun to work with and over-delivered on every expectation we had. Dana and her team totally blended at the ceremony and reception, which helped with capturing every moment from the day. Her clean, classic, editorial style is... Read More so beautiful and I was beyond thrilled with the entire experience from start to finish. Thank you Dana!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Shannon K

I don't know that here are enough amazing words to describe Dana and her work. She and her second shooter were professional, efficient, and very flexible. I am so happy with the way all the pictures turned out and she was such a joy to work with. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Elena T

Dana and Molly were amazing! From the very beginning, Dana was super responsive and very organized. She made sure to capture all the little details that I wanted and helped to make my big day as stress-free as possible! Also, I got all my pictures back super fast which was a... Read More huge plus! Overall, I could not say enough good things about Dana and her team and it was definitely the best investment that we made!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

Dana and her team were amazing to work with! The wedding day goes by so fast, it was really important to us to have someone that would capture every single moment so that we could relive that day for the rest of our lives. I have only seen a preview so far, but OMG, I am pretty... Read More sure the photos are even more amazing than it was in real life and in real life it was a dream come true. Dana and her team were our kind of people and made the few hours of photos really fun. We really appreciated her coaching and humor that kept us laughing the whole time. I mean what other wedding photographer is going to coach you on the skinny stand?!?! SHE WAS AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Ammie C

Dana Cubbage was such an amazing and esstienal part of Alex and my's special day! I cannot say enough about Dana's personality and the professionalism that comes along with her beautiful pictures. She was so easy to work with! We spoke several times before the big day and she... Read More made sure that her shots, combined with her creativity, provided the pictures I had always dreamed of. She is the quintessential wedding photographer all brides need!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jenn Y

If Dana is available for your date book her now :) We used her as both our engagement and wedding photographer. Dana captured our entire day start to finish with amazing pictures that everyone thinks are from a magazine. Dana has such an incredible talent and makes you feel... Read More completly comfortable throughout the entire day. On your wedding day you spend a good amount of time with your photographer and Dana is just so sweet and fun to be around! She is amazing at getting all of the shots you want and kept our large wedding party/family so organized it was a breeze to get all the pictures in. After the wedding we received our pictures so quickly! I am so glad we chose Dana as her incredible work is what we will continue to cherish throughout the years.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Elizabeth C

Dana is literally the most amazing photographer ever. Her light, bright and fun style really shows through no matter what your venue and attire are. She is so on top of it and really made our wedding day flow. We booked her for full day coverage from getting ready that morning... Read More until the exit from our reception. She and her associate photographer were so on top of it and great. We were ahead of schedule the whole day so they even had time to get some extra photos prior to the ceremony of any family or friends that just wanted a professional photo done. We got a "sneak peek" photo the day after the wedding, she posted her favorites on her blog (about 140 photos) within about a week and we had all of the photos within about 3 weeks of the wedding! Then...a month after the wedding, we received a surprise package in the mail with one of our beautiful bride + groom photos printed on a large canvas! You will absolutely get your money's worth with Dana Cubbage. We are absolutely going to be hiring her in the future for a 1 year anniversary shoot and many other shoots to come! Liz + Thomas Cooke

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Mollie C

Working with Dana and her team was honestly a DREAM! She was our very first vendor, because after seeing her portfolio there was no way we wanted to work with anyone else!! She was warm and engaged from our first interaction until now - when we received our full set of wedding... Read More photos. She not only answered all of our questions about her services in an efficient and friendly manner, but she also made honest suggestions for other vendors in Charleston which made planning a destination wedding so much easier! We worked with Associate Photographer, Emily, for both our engagement photos and wedding day, and we can not say enough wonderful things about her & her team! We are still receiving compliments from bridal party members, family and even guests on how amazing and sweet they were. They made everyone feel comfortable throughout the entire day, and they blended in seamlessly during the reception so no one ever felt like there was a camera around. The photos they captured are not only beautiful, but they truly show the love we felt that day for each other, and for all of our guests. Dana and Emily truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day (and the entire process) one that was so memorable. We can not thank them enough for their hard work and guidance from start to finish.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Tanya W

Dana’s services go beyond being a photographer and she is extremely flexible to work with. She was always available to answer questions and would even give us vendor recommendations! My family walked away from our wedding raving about how easy Dana was. I am very particular with... Read More photos, so choosing the right photographer was the most important thing to me. When I saw Dana’s work I knew immediately I wanted to work with her.  We did our engagement photos with Dana and were nervous but she instantly made us feel comfortable and at ease so we knew using her for our wedding day was a no brainer. Being able to feel comfortable around someone who is literally following you around (which by the way you forget she is even there) to capture the best moments is extremely important and Dana makes that so easy! We booked our wedding day around her availability and I am so glad we did. Her team was so great to be around as well – they all work really hard at making sure everything is right!  Dana is great at making a couple’s personality show through photos.  Our photos were outstanding; we couldn’t be happier!    - Tanya

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Kiersten S

There are a million things I could say about Dana, so I will say exactly what I said to her after our wedding photos came back ( Quickly, I might add. Do you sleep, Dana??). "I’m currently sitting at my desk at work trying not to cry and look like an idiot while reliving these... Read More pictures, but I am bursting with happiness! These pictures are STUNNING. You do such an incredible job of seeing something that others wouldn’t and picking up the most beautiful details in a photo. Thank you for capturing every special moment and emotion throughout the day; big smiles, the happiest of tears, and SO MUCH LOVE. Kevin and I could not have asked for anything more. We are so lucky to have you shoot our day. Per Kevin, “Her gallery is unbelievable. Wow. She killed it.” " A huge thank you to Dana, as well as Sloane and Kelly, for helping make our day so perfect. Our family, my in-laws, and guests were so complimentary of Dana and her team too. I think that speaks volumes about someone. Dana's photos are truly perfect, I promise to any future bride that you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Whitney V

Dana Cubbage is the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER!! Meeting Dana was seriously a blessing to my husband and I. I am a huge fan of photography/pictures and wanted everything documented, my husband on the other hand can be a little camera shy---Dana knew exactly how to make him come out of... Read More his shell for pictures and genuinely make us laugh for great photographs! We first started working with Dana for our engagement pictures about a year before our wedding. Dana drove all the way from Charleston to my farm outside of Charlotte, NC in order to give me the fall engagement pictures I have aways wanted. Our engagement photos were stunning, so I knew our wedding day would be perfect as well, and I was certainly right!! Dana was so accommodating, timely, and flexible. She wanted to make sure I got every shot that I wanted on our wedding day. All of her photographs were simply stunning as well. I have had so many people comment on how amazing my photographer was, and they couldn't be more accurate. I have spent hours obsessing over every picture she took on our wedding day. Her photographs are vibrant, fun, and really capture so many important moments perfectly. One thing I love is that they aren't "over edited" but are instead so real and fabulous in quality. Dana was always fast in communication, incredibly prompt in getting photos back to us, and even gives a sneak peak within 24 hrs!! Thank you so much, Dana, for being such an incredible and wonderful photographer and person/friend to us both through our wedding journey. I would never want another photographer to document the biggest day of our lives-- Dana was incredible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kristen R

Well what can I say about Dana that hasn't already been said? As you can see by the many reviews about her work, Dana has AMAZING photography skills. My husband and I were blown away by how great out wedding photos turned out. During the planning process there were many... Read More difficult decisions I had to make and selecting my wedding photographer was not one of them! That was one of the first decisions I made because I knew right away who I wanted to work with! Dana's great online website made it so easy to see that she is a fun and playful photographer with a great eye. I loved working with her on the day of my wedding and I knew she was a pro so I trusted her completely! We are so happy with Dana- she is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Wendy D

Dana and her A-team are *absolute* rockstars! They were with us all day and even went so far as to drive my groom and I separately to our First Look location. I originally wanted to go the traditional route and not do a first look -- SO glad we changed our minds. It was... Read More such a sweet, private moment to share and also gave us time to take some great shots of the two of us before the wedding party arrived. Dana has the wedding timeline down to a complete science and makes life a breeze come wedding day. She anticipates everything flawlessly, I had zero concerns on wedding day and let her + our planner run the show. She is engaging, responsive, curious, passionate, and highly skilled. The photos she produces are like magic; I was (still am) blown away. Every single photo is beautiful and she captures details exquisitely. We had the pleasure of working with Kelly as second shooter and she was every bit as much a dream to work with. Kudos to her for also putting up with our rowdy wedding party taking a bus to the bar pre-ceremony! :) I am so glad we found Dana and invested with her for our wedding day; Easily one of the best decisions we made. You will not be disappointed in the least; Dana & team are a DREAM!

Dana Cubbage

Hi, I'm Dana. I'm a sucker for rescue dogs and I am owned by two special pups named Beckham + Sunday. I'm a proud #crazydoglady. I could eat Mexican food 7 days a week... no joke. I love "reality" TV and I'm pretty sure I'd die without Bravo. I love pearls + big chunky jewelry, Starbucks, traveling, fresh cut flowers, coastal living, letterpress, and (of course) margaritas.