Classic. Beautiful. Timeless.

Being a wedding photographer means so much more to me than creating beautiful images. I want to capture your wedding day perfectly, and that means taking pictures of your most important, treasured moments. But I also want to help your wedding day be amazing, whether that means assisting you with your timeline beforehand or stepping in at the last minute with a bobby pin. Sure, you’ll look beautiful--but I want you to feel beautiful, too. Taking pictures is my profession, but helping you feel amazing so you can enjoy your wedding day is my passion.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving the Greater St. Louis Area , St. Louis, MO Serving the Greater St. Louis Area (636) 399-1032
INSTAGRAM

Stunning Photography & Service!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Tiffany W

I am so happy Dana Tate was available to capture my wedding day. My photos turned out better than I could have ever imagined. From the detail shots, to the perfect use of lighting, to capturing every emotion - it was all amazing! I knew from the moment I visited Dana's website I... Read More wanted her to be our photographer! Her work is phenomenal. Dana was an absolute joy to work with. She has the best attitude and she is awesome with photographing kids! I was planning my wedding from across the country, but I never felt anxious or worried about anything. She was very thorough and it was important to her that we were happy with everything. Her confidence in her abilities and her calm demeanor kept me at ease both throughout the planning process and on my actual wedding day, which I so appreciate! I will highly recommend Dana Tate to all of my friends and family in the St. Louis area. Thanks to Dana my husband and I have the most beautiful photos to remember our special day.

2015-09-24T21:23:42 Response from the vendor

Jim and Tiffany your wedding day was truly spectacular. I loved every moment of getting to know you both. You have amazing families. One of the best moments of your wedding day was the epic father daughter dance complete with air guitar! I also loved... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Kimi S

Dana exceeded every expectation I could have possibly had for a wedding photographer. From our very first contact- we clicked. She is extraordinarily friendly and personable, not to mention SO easy to work with. When we did our engagement pictures, Dana made the evening so much... Read More fun, we laughed, danced, and in the process got some of the most stunning photos we've ever taken. We saw them and immediately said "wow, Dana captured what our love looks like, she captured our spirits in a photograph". Throughout the wedding planning process, Dana was a resource for us. She was able to recommend vendors, give me advice about my hair/shoes/accessories, anything I could have possibly needed. She was so kind and patient with me at all times. The week of our wedding, there was a huge flood in St. Louis. Dana was flooded in her neighborhood a few days prior to our wedding and when I frantically called her, she was able to calm me down and put my mind at ease. She even had an evacuation plan to get out of her neighborhood! She was determined that she would be at our wedding no matter what! Needless to say, we were thrilled for Dana, who had become our friend over the past year, to be at our wedding that Saturday to capture our wedding. The entire day, Dana was calm, cool, and collected- even with a large wedding party. She and our videographer worked flawlessly together. Dana had SUCH a quick turn around time on our photos, and we are in love! She captured every little detail of the day and we couldn't be happier with our pictures. We will cherish them for a lifetime. Dana has an indescribable talent to take a picture that can convey so much emotion and love. I would recommend Dana to any and everyone looking for a wedding photographer. She has such a special place in our hearts, and we will always be thankful for her talent and friendship.

Beautiful photographs for a beautiful day!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Katie H

Dana was the most universally talented person we worked with on our wedding day. We hired Dana as a photographer after looking at the beautiful pictures on her website. She was so much more than that! Dana listened to what we wanted and made sure it happened. She also helped... Read More walk us through the process. Together, we made a timeline for the day that fit our wedding perfectly and still allowed us to spend plenty of time with friends and family. On top of photography, Dana fixed a bridesmaids hair into an up-do when it fell down, and sewed on part of my wedding dress that had come undone. She was organized, focused and kept our bridal party on task. My husband and I are not very comfortable in front of the camera or being the center of attention and she constantly reassured us and made us feel beautiful. We just received our photos and couldn’t be more excited. She was able to capture how extremely happy we were! Dana was so easy to work with and made our day that much easier and better!

2015-09-24T21:26:17 Response from the vendor

Matt and Katie I have such sweet memories of your wedding day. Your ceremony was one of the sweetest ever. It was amazing to see how adored you are by your family and friends. I will also never forget my first alligator dance!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Katie A

Dana is the best! She truly wants everything to be perfect on your day. We have a rather large family and she kept everyone in order and still laughing and having fun (even the little ones). She made the entire process stress free and easy!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Marian G

Dana was so engaged in making my daughter's wedding photography experience perfect! She laid it all out beforehand--expectations, how and who she will be responding to, the role of her assistant, etc. It was all about making it the best day for the bride! And she executed... Read More just like she said she would! She has such breadth of experience that she was able to make suggestions on not only things that will make a picture look natural and beautiful but also on how to get all the eye hooks on the bride's dress hooked up when this mother was all thumbs!! She gets to know the bride and groom so she can create a portfolio that captures their essence. The end product is personal, artistic and delightful pictorial journal of my daughter's special day!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Kristin M

Dana is one of the most genuine and wonderful people we have ever met. She is an amazing photographer, but more than that, she is a wonderful partner in the wedding planning process. We met Dana in 2013, and I have been a bridesmaid in three weddings that Dana was the... Read More photographer. As the bride, I knew what to expect from Dana and she takes care of everything. Our engagement session provided us an opportunity to get to know her even better and she made us feel so comfortable. Our wedding day had a 100% chance of rain and Dana never let that rattle her. She had at least two different backup plans for us and had the day of the wedding under control. We were able to go to both of our locations and Dana captured everything we wanted. Our second shooter (Mary Kim) was wonderful as well. Our final wedding images turned out so beautiful and we highly recommend Dana!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 M C

My review for Dana is long over due! From the moment my husband and I met Dana, we knew our photographer search was over. We walked out of her home, into our car, and said that's it we have to have her. Dana captivates your attention from the moment you meet her and has a unique... Read More ability of making everyone around her feel comfortable. Even in our initial meeting, Dana made it a priority to get to know my husband and I individually as well as our love story together. It is important to her because each of her photographs tells a story. Not only is she a phenomenal photographer, but she truly finds joy in helping each bride create their dream wedding. Dana knows a phenomenal network of the best vendors in the St. Louis area. Just weeks before my wedding, she found out I was unhappy with my makeup. Within days, she put me in contact with Savannah Moore. Savannah is one of St. Louis's leading hair and makeup artists. Dana is the complete package. With her by my side, I was able to have a beautiful and stress free wedding while she was capturing the biggest moment in our love narrative thus far. Now, I have the most beautiful pictures to show my family and future children to come. Once you meet Dana, you will understand exactly what I mean.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Joan K

As the mother of the bride, I am so thankful for Dana's experience and professionalism in guiding us through the wedding day with such grace and kindness! She was able to capture the beauty and essence of this wonderful day and I will never forget it!!! The quality of her work... Read More is outstanding! She really knows what she is doing!! The photo booth was so fun, too! We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Matt M

Wow! I had no doubt that our wedding images would be something special, but we are truly blown away! They are perfect. Our entire experience working with Dana was amazing. She cares about her clients and it shows in her attitude and in her photos. Dana is professional but... Read More caring, very easy to work with and has amazing ideas. We love our wedding album and how she went the extra mile to be sure she we got what we wanted. Thanks so much,Dana!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Megan T

My then fiancé and I searched for weeks for a wedding photographer. We met with a handful of photographers and did not click with any of them. We found Dana on The Knot website. She invited us to her home to meet her and we knew right away she was the right choice. She shot our... Read More engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we have so many beautiful images. She offers a lot of great services that other photographers may not offer.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Justin R

As I am sure is similar with most weddings, I left the photography up to my better half. She had her eye on Dana and her work since before I had even proposed, so when she told me we were picking a wedding date based on Dana's availability, I happily agreed. Dana invited us to... Read More her home office very early on in our wedding planning process to get to know us and offer some advice for moving forward and I believe that was a significant step in getting prepared for our wedding day. She understood what we liked and didn't like and did a beautiful job of capturing "Us" in our photos. From beginning to end, it was a fantastic experience working with Dana Tate.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Monica K

Dana goes above and beyond for her clients! She goes the extra mile to ensure her clients' day goes smoothly. She is very professional, yet personable at the same time. Dana produces amazing, quality work, and her pricing can't be beat for all that she offers!

2016-12-28T14:56:18 Response from the vendor

Monica being part of your wedding day was so wonderful! Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish you and Sean so much joy and happiness!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Margaret H

Dana was everything we expected and so much more. She helped us plan the perfect engagement session and get every picture we wanted (and more that we didn't even know that we wanted.... but totally did!) on our wedding day. Rounding up our wedding parties wasn't always easy,... Read More but Dana did it was pure grace. Thank you for giving us amazing wedding pictures that we will treasure forever. You are an amazing photographer, mother and person whom we are so thankful to have met.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Neely K

I'm not really sure where to start! Dana is one of the most talented, caring, genuine people I've ever worked with. I have a friend that used her for their wedding and after seeing the photos (that looked like they were from a magazine) I was set on having her capture our... Read More special day. She takes the time to get to know you as a couple, which allows her to capture your personalities and your story in the photos she takes. My husband and I let Dana pick the locations of our engagement and wedding photos, allowing her to use her talent and creativity, and we were not disappointed! I enjoyed every meeting with her and appreciated all of her help and honesty. I feel like Dana and I became close over the the last year and I will miss working with her! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dana to any couple looking for a very talented photographer to capture their day. She will be your photographer but also become your friend.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Liz B

I can not begin to thank Dana enough for helping to make our wedding day awesome. It has been such a joy working with her. Not only did she have an amazing and kind attitude the day of our wedding, even while dealing with our demanding families, she was there every step of the... Read More way offering help as we needed it. Dana made our wedding easy and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for anything more!!!! Dana truly has a gift and love for what she does.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mindy G

Dana was the most amazing, caring, and fun photographer we could have asked for. She went out of her way to find the best areas for pictures and to make sure we stayed on schedule. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted and that all our wedding party focused on... Read More getting the pictures done. She captured every moment at the wedding and reception and we know have these memories to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy J

I'm not sure I can put into words how happy I am that we chose Dana as our wedding photographer! Dana is an incredibly talented photographer, but also an amazing person in general. We live out of town and she was so willing to work with us on skype and move her schedule around... Read More to meet with us for our engagement session when we were in St. Louis. She is professional, flexible, compassionate, energetic, and creative. On our wedding day the weather went from sunny and 99 degrees to pouring rain, but that did not affect her at all. She was still smiling and coming up with wonderful ideas for our photos. Her attitude really helped us to stay calm and worry-free all day long. I have complete confidence that she and her second photographer, Kelly, captured every detail and special moment of our wedding day beautifully! (We have only seen sneak-peak photos so far, which are amazing.) We will have these stunning photos as our wedding memories forever, and we are so glad that Dana was our photographer!!! I recommend her 1000%!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Kaitlyn F

WOW! I'm left beyond speechless at this woman's talent and gift. The entire day went so smoothly. Many new brides think that the photographer's job starts on the wedding day, but there is SO much more "behind the scenes" work that requires a lot of work and details to make the... Read More day go off without a hitch! Dana Tate does just that. After meeting with her multiple times and communicating my husband and my vision and style, we knew she was the right pick (and after viewing our engagement photos, we were even more elated with our decision). She even helped us create a timeline for the wedding day! She has your (bride's) and groom's best interest at heart first and foremost. I was concerned with how some crazy relatives might try to take over the day or photographs (everyone has them right?!), but Dana Tate took charge and communicated our requests and photos. We had a couple of cranky flower girls and ring bearers and she managed to get multiple smiles out of them for the photos! (WOW!) Another thing, how many photographers stop mid-wedding day photo shoots and fix some fly away hairs?!?!? Yes, Dana does that! She is so much more than a photographer; she truly wants your day to go as smoothly as possible because she cares! My husband and I both cried and laughed when we viewed our wedding shots for the first time. She captured the big and small moments of the day and I'm still trying to decide which shots to frame (she's so good; it makes it difficult to choose!!!!). I have no hesitation with recommending her to future brides. She keeps you on track and organized! You won't regret your choice of choosing Dana Tate Photography!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Lauren G

Dana was wonderful to work with! Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions to make because they are capturing your memories from one of the happiest days... all the emotions, little details, and the story of your day to help you reminisce for a lifetime.... Read More From our first conversation I knew it was a perfect fit. Everything from meetings, payments, scheduling, and gallery viewings was very organized and easy to navigate. On the day of the wedding, Dana is not only your photographer but a therapist and scheduler! Which you are going to need when things feel chaotic! I absolutely LOVE the way all of our images turned out... elegant, classy, and fun too! You know she is great when you just have to add 5 more pages to your album because you can't possibly narrow down your favorite photos any more! The best part is how easy it was to add our dogs into the mix in our engagement session and wedding! So so happy with my decision to pick Dana!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Stephanie M

Choosing Dana as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made throughout the entire process. She was amazing and fun to work with, helped make sure things went smoothly throughout the day (even non-photography related troubles). Our photos turned out even better than I... Read More could have ever imagined. If I could do it over again I would choose Dana every time!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Stephanie H

Dana did a wonderful job with our early fall vineyard wedding! The pictures came out beautifully and we have gotten so many compliments on them. We had a couple of mishaps on the big day (from the villas to get ready in not being ready on time to unexpectedly having no cell... Read More phone reception to communicate on the property) and Dana did great keeping a level-head about what pictures should be prioritized. We also weren't able to ever have our engagement shoot because my husband was in training for his federal job at the time in another state so the first day he met Dana was our wedding day and she and her assistant did a wonderful job making him feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures came out beautifully and we are so happy to have them to look back on our big day for the rest of our lives!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Kamber S

Dana was truly wonderful! She has such a sweet personality that it makes working with her truly a joy. She is also wonderful at organizing sometimes "rowdy" wedding party members which is really important when you need to get pictures done pretty quickly. The photobooth that we... Read More rented from her was also the hit of the whole reception! The props provided are A LOT of fun. I 100% recommend Dana Tate to any and every bride looking for a photographer!!!

2016-05-20T16:22:17 Response from the vendor

Kamber, being a part of your wedding day was nothing but joy! I wish you and Luke all the happiness in the world as you continue to build an amazing life together. Thank you for your kind words! I can't wait to see you again!!!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Molly M

Dana Tate is amazing to work with. She is an amazing photographer with an amazing fun and bubbly personality. Working with her is easy and breezy. She made everything so relaxed, comfortable, and wonderful. Not only are her photos incredibly beautiful and straight out of an... Read More enchanted storybook, but she has true and deep knowledge about the wedding industry. She demonstrated her knowledge to my husband and myself on numerous occasions. If I had a question about aesthetics, decor, lighting, or fashion I turned to Dana. She answered all my questions with her honest expert opinions and helped us make tough decisions. Dana is always smiley , cool and collected. She is so kind and fun to be around. Our wedding day was the day of our dreams and it was perfectly captured by Dana. It looks like a fairy tale and we couldn't be happier! Thanks Dana!

2016-05-20T16:23:37 Response from the vendor

Molly it was nothing short of awesome being part of your love story. You and Ben remind me so much of my husband and I. I can't wait to see the joy the future holds for you both. I will never forget your amazing wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Julie B

We were planning a wedding in St. Louis from out of state. We met with several photographers through skype and immediately clicked with Dana. She is very personable and feels more like a friend than a business relationship. She is very well organized and definitely knows what... Read More she is doing. Her pricing was reasonable (for a wedding photographer). We did an engagement session with her (included in our package) and she made us feel at ease. My then fiance isn't always the most enthusiastic about photographs, but Dana got him smiling and relaxed. On the day of our wedding, Dana and Amanda (the second photographer) felt like part of our day, not outsiders. They are clearly experts at dealing with all sorts of family dynamics and were able to wrangle the people we wanted for special shots. We are looking forward to seeing our final pictures. The teaser picture we have seen and the engagement pictures were awesome. Overall: very friendly, very accommodating, easy to talk to, very on top things, and overall awesome!

2016-05-20T16:25:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Julie! You and Efi were a joy to get to know. I will forever remember your unprecedented dancing skills!!!! You two are interesting and amazing. Thank you for choosing me to be part of your big day!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Maria T

Dana is an incredible wedding photographer. From the minute I met her, I knew I didn't have to worry about unforeseen problems on my wedding day because she skillfully anticipates everything. I was initially worried when looking for a photographer about whether we would find... Read More someone who could capture a church with darker lighting. Dana put my concerns to rest by showing me several gorgeous photos she had shot in dark churches, and she did not disappoint with ours. (I learned later that she even helped our videographer adjust her camera for the setting!) I was also really happy that Dana includes an engagement session in her packages. I had been planning to forgo these, but Dana is right - they allowed us to get comfortable being photographed and gave her a chance to get to know us and learn how to capture our personalities. (And it's wonderful to have beautiful photos of you and your husband that aren't just wedding photos as you start your marriage together!) My favorite *Dana moment* from my wedding day was when my mom was buttoning up my dress and starting to talk through some last-minute details, and Dana delicately reminded us that this was my WEDDING day, and we should put the details on hold for this lovely, once-in-a-lifetime moment. I really appreciated that. I was also grateful when Dana politely made it clear to some of my *opinionated* family members that she knew what she was doing and had already been given a list of shots that she would be following. :) All in all, our photographs are STUNNING, and we could not be more thrilled with them. They're honestly more than photographs - they are pieces of art that we - and our families - will treasure forever. Dana captures sunlight and nature exquisitely, and she also caught several quieter moments, which I adore. It was hard to choose which photos to include in our album, because each and every shot was simply beautiful. Dana and her assistant did an absolutely amazing job capturing the joy of our day, and I would wholeheartedly recommend her!

2016-05-20T16:26:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Maria! I loved all the classic touches of your wedding day, but my favorite part was your skype call to Greece-I was crying right along with you!!!! I wish you all the blessings in the world as you and Brandon write... Read Less Read More

Dana Tate