Dana Tate | Wedding Photographer

Serving the Greater St. Louis Area

Classic. Beautiful. Timeless.

Being a wedding photographer means so much more to me than creating beautiful images. I want to capture your wedding day perfectly, and that means taking pictures of your most important, treasured moments. But I also want to help your wedding day be amazing, whether that means assisting you with your timeline beforehand or stepping in at the last minute with a bobby pin. Sure, you’ll look beautiful--but I want you to feel beautiful, too. Taking pictures is my profession, but helping you feel amazing so you can enjoy your wedding day is my passion.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving the Greater St. Louis Area , St. Louis, MO Serving the Greater St. Louis Area (636) 399-1032
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Kimi S

Dana exceeded every expectation I could have possibly had for a wedding photographer. From our very first contact- we clicked. She is extraordinarily friendly and personable, not to mention SO easy to work with. When we did our engagement pictures, Dana made the evening so much... Read More fun, we laughed, danced, and in the process got some of the most stunning photos we've ever taken. We saw them and immediately said "wow, Dana captured what our love looks like, she captured our spirits in a photograph". Throughout the wedding planning process, Dana was a resource for us. She was able to recommend vendors, give me advice about my hair/shoes/accessories, anything I could have possibly needed. She was so kind and patient with me at all times. The week of our wedding, there was a huge flood in St. Louis. Dana was flooded in her neighborhood a few days prior to our wedding and when I frantically called her, she was able to calm me down and put my mind at ease. She even had an evacuation plan to get out of her neighborhood! She was determined that she would be at our wedding no matter what! Needless to say, we were thrilled for Dana, who had become our friend over the past year, to be at our wedding that Saturday to capture our wedding. The entire day, Dana was calm, cool, and collected- even with a large wedding party. She and our videographer worked flawlessly together. Dana had SUCH a quick turn around time on our photos, and we are in love! She captured every little detail of the day and we couldn't be happier with our pictures. We will cherish them for a lifetime. Dana has an indescribable talent to take a picture that can convey so much emotion and love. I would recommend Dana to any and everyone looking for a wedding photographer. She has such a special place in our hearts, and we will always be thankful for her talent and friendship.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Courtney A

I tell people that hiring Dana Tate as our wedding photographer was the single best decision that my husband and I made for our wedding day, outside of choosing each other. I’m not kidding when I say that. Dana brought a level of professionalism and fun to our wedding experience... Read More that was unmatched by anything else we planned for our day or anyone else we hired. She pro-actively offered her knowledge and expertise, which was beyond helpful when we didn’t know what we didn’t know. Even in our very first meeting with her, she pro-actively shared answers with us to questions we didn’t know to ask. In preparation for our actual wedding day, she pro-actively helped us anticipate hurdles to ensure that our timeline stayed on track and that we were able to get photos with the people we cared about most, all without feeling rushed or stressed. On top of all these bonus features, Dana is a phenomenal photographer. We could not possibly be more pleased with how our engagement and wedding day photos turned out. They are sharp and crisp, with an eye for the right angle in a particular setting. We also loved so much how naturally Dana was able to capture our relationship – we were nervous about feeling posed in every photo or not looking like ourselves because of contrived positioning. Instead, Dana put us at ease right away, making us comfortable and creating a playful atmosphere that immediately calmed our nerves. When I look at the photos she took of me with my husband during our engagement session and on our wedding day, my heart swells at how authentic we look and how crisp the images are. They just make me so happy. One final thing I want to note about Dana is what a joy she is as a person. She is the most down-to-earth, patient, kind, big-hearted person. She is funny and smart and fun. She is a pleasure to work with. She’s an advocate for her clients and she oozes care and authenticity when she works. I cannot begin to say how much I admire her work ethic. She shows up prepared and ready to get creative at all times (for example, it drizzled on us for engagement and wedding photos and she kept our spirits high and made it work in both instances). She is just the best. She has become a friend to us and we appreciate her so much. Thank you for everything, Dana!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Kirstin L

There are no words to express how grateful I am to have had Dana capture my wedding day. The day you spend months planning goes by so quickly, but Dana leaves you the most beautiful pictures to relive the day again and again. Dana is organized, professional, and knows how to... Read More make posing for pictures so fun! Even the groom and groomsmen enjoyed having Dana and getting their pictures taken! The instant I walked into Dana’s home only days after getting engaged, I knew that she was the type of person I wanted to photograph the wedding. She took the time to get to know me and my family and went above and beyond to accommodate special needs I had planning the wedding from out of state. The included engagement session was perfect to get to know Dana and have more time to be introduced to the different “poses” so when the wedding day came, taking pictures was fun and stress-free! Dana is extremely talented and I truly could not have hand picked a better person to get to know and work with over the past year.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Ashley B

Dana was absolutely amazing to work with! From the initial meeting to the wedding day, she really helped pull everything together! When we initially were trying to schedule or engagement shoot, we kept having some weather issues and Dana would not give up on us - so much so... Read More that she came to us! (We live in KC, but the wedding and Dana are in STL.) That session was amazing and set us up perfectly for the actual wedding day. Dana was very helpful in figuring out a timeline for the day of and really helped us stick to it and make the day go smoothly. In addition to that the images she captures are absolutely stunning! She also helped us find the perfect spot for pictures in between the ceremony and reception. I can't wait to get our album and print out all the other images in the coming months!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Maggie H

If I could give Dana a million stars, I would. Not only is she an AMAZING photographer, she's also an amazing person and will do everything in her power to make your wedding day go as smoothly as possible. She's also a licensed hair and make-up artist so when my lipstick faded... Read More and my hair came loose, she was able to make it look like new. She also brought me back from the edge of panic more than once and gave us the best marriage advice we've gotten yet. Seriously, look no further than Dana Tate - she will not disappoint! Our photos and memories of our big day are so fantastic thanks to her and the time she put into getting to know us. I do not even have the words to say how amazing she is but once you meet her, you'll understand!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kristen T

The best of the best!! Anyone who is getting married needs to pick Dana as your wedding photographer! You will not be disappointed! There are truly not enough words to express how pleased we are and how truly blessed we are to have had Dana as our wedding photographer. She did... Read More our engagement session which was wonderful and our pictures are phenomenal. Coming from someone who recently got married, your photographer is by your side through your whole day. Your photographer is the person that makes your special day run smoothly, make decisions that you don't need to make on your wedding day, keeps you calm, and creates the memories you will display on your wall and in books for years to come. Dana is truly a gift! She made my wedding day run so smooth. Here is one of many examples: right before our first look, my husband had misplaced his letter he wrote to me-so there was some hustle and bustle going on-but I had no idea it every happened until on our honeymoon when he told me. We were also racing a storm on our wedding day, but Dana still worked in all of our photos that we wanted plus some-and kept us safe lol. Our photos turned out fantastic and no one would even know that there was a storm happening unless you were there. Dana is so fun to be around, so sweet, and so professional. She even put my vale and floral hairpiece in for me. So not only was Dana an incredible part of our wedding day as a person, but our wedding pictures are INCREDIBLE! So many people told us how wonderful Dana was and how awesome our pictures turn out. Dana, thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you did and are still doing for Thomas and I!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Chase A

If you are looking for a wedding photographer then look no further than Dana Tate! She was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Professional, efficient, friendly, and most importantly, took the most fabulous photographs of our wedding! We worked with Dana for our... Read More engagement photos as well and fell in love with her style immediately! She was fun and engaging; kept us moving and on track. On our wedding day (with inclement weather looming) she kept us calm and assured us that everything would turn out perfect (Little did we know she was also great at predicting the weather!) Post-ceremony she blended in so well that she was almost invisible, and she was always subtly positioned where she could capture the best possible moments. Her pre-wedding checklist is comprehensive and invaluable! It brought to light minute details that my wife and I would never have thought about, such as: the time it takes to do group photos based on the amount of people in the picture, or what poses you would like to do and with whom. Dana does a fabulous job of not only keeping you on track but she also does a wonderful job coordinating with the venue to ensure everything moves smoothly. When taking family photos, she does not hesitate to say “no” to that one second cousin twice removed that always seems to want things to go her way when they try to hijack the photo shoot. We could not have wished for a better photographer! Thank you Dana!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Brittany B

Dana and her assistant Lindsey were really incredible and made my wedding day so stress free. Dana sent this nice form to fill out so she made sure to capture all the moments I wanted first. They worked their butts off from the moment they arrived and before I knew it after 8... Read More hours they were leaving. My photos turned out so incredible and I couldn't have imagined anyone else doing my wedding photos. You put A LOT of trust into a wedding photographer and Dana didn't let us down or skip a single beat. She is so incredibly professional and really loves what she does which I think shows in the photos. Another service she offers is prints, canvas photos, albums, etc which is a really nice offer. I would recommend Dana over and over again to anyone we had nothing but a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Katie A

Dana is the best! She truly wants everything to be perfect on your day. We have a rather large family and she kept everyone in order and still laughing and having fun (even the little ones). She made the entire process stress free and easy!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Marian G

Dana was so engaged in making my daughter's wedding photography experience perfect! She laid it all out beforehand--expectations, how and who she will be responding to, the role of her assistant, etc. It was all about making it the best day for the bride! And she executed... Read More just like she said she would! She has such breadth of experience that she was able to make suggestions on not only things that will make a picture look natural and beautiful but also on how to get all the eye hooks on the bride's dress hooked up when this mother was all thumbs!! She gets to know the bride and groom so she can create a portfolio that captures their essence. The end product is personal, artistic and delightful pictorial journal of my daughter's special day!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Kristin M

Dana is one of the most genuine and wonderful people we have ever met. She is an amazing photographer, but more than that, she is a wonderful partner in the wedding planning process. We met Dana in 2013, and I have been a bridesmaid in three weddings that Dana was the... Read More photographer. As the bride, I knew what to expect from Dana and she takes care of everything. Our engagement session provided us an opportunity to get to know her even better and she made us feel so comfortable. Our wedding day had a 100% chance of rain and Dana never let that rattle her. She had at least two different backup plans for us and had the day of the wedding under control. We were able to go to both of our locations and Dana captured everything we wanted. Our second shooter (Mary Kim) was wonderful as well. Our final wedding images turned out so beautiful and we highly recommend Dana!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 M C

My review for Dana is long over due! From the moment my husband and I met Dana, we knew our photographer search was over. We walked out of her home, into our car, and said that's it we have to have her. Dana captivates your attention from the moment you meet her and has a unique... Read More ability of making everyone around her feel comfortable. Even in our initial meeting, Dana made it a priority to get to know my husband and I individually as well as our love story together. It is important to her because each of her photographs tells a story. Not only is she a phenomenal photographer, but she truly finds joy in helping each bride create their dream wedding. Dana knows a phenomenal network of the best vendors in the St. Louis area. Just weeks before my wedding, she found out I was unhappy with my makeup. Within days, she put me in contact with Savannah Moore. Savannah is one of St. Louis's leading hair and makeup artists. Dana is the complete package. With her by my side, I was able to have a beautiful and stress free wedding while she was capturing the biggest moment in our love narrative thus far. Now, I have the most beautiful pictures to show my family and future children to come. Once you meet Dana, you will understand exactly what I mean.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Joan K

As the mother of the bride, I am so thankful for Dana's experience and professionalism in guiding us through the wedding day with such grace and kindness! She was able to capture the beauty and essence of this wonderful day and I will never forget it!!! The quality of her work... Read More is outstanding! She really knows what she is doing!! The photo booth was so fun, too! We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Matt M

Wow! I had no doubt that our wedding images would be something special, but we are truly blown away! They are perfect. Our entire experience working with Dana was amazing. She cares about her clients and it shows in her attitude and in her photos. Dana is professional but... Read More caring, very easy to work with and has amazing ideas. We love our wedding album and how she went the extra mile to be sure she we got what we wanted. Thanks so much,Dana!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Megan T

My then fiancé and I searched for weeks for a wedding photographer. We met with a handful of photographers and did not click with any of them. We found Dana on The Knot website. She invited us to her home to meet her and we knew right away she was the right choice. She shot our... Read More engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we have so many beautiful images. She offers a lot of great services that other photographers may not offer.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Justin R

As I am sure is similar with most weddings, I left the photography up to my better half. She had her eye on Dana and her work since before I had even proposed, so when she told me we were picking a wedding date based on Dana's availability, I happily agreed. Dana invited us to... Read More her home office very early on in our wedding planning process to get to know us and offer some advice for moving forward and I believe that was a significant step in getting prepared for our wedding day. She understood what we liked and didn't like and did a beautiful job of capturing "Us" in our photos. From beginning to end, it was a fantastic experience working with Dana Tate.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Monica K

Dana goes above and beyond for her clients! She goes the extra mile to ensure her clients' day goes smoothly. She is very professional, yet personable at the same time. Dana produces amazing, quality work, and her pricing can't be beat for all that she offers!

2016-12-28T14:56:18 Response from the vendor

Monica being part of your wedding day was so wonderful! Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish you and Sean so much joy and happiness!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Margaret H

Dana was everything we expected and so much more. She helped us plan the perfect engagement session and get every picture we wanted (and more that we didn't even know that we wanted.... but totally did!) on our wedding day. Rounding up our wedding parties wasn't always easy,... Read More but Dana did it was pure grace. Thank you for giving us amazing wedding pictures that we will treasure forever. You are an amazing photographer, mother and person whom we are so thankful to have met.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Neely K

I'm not really sure where to start! Dana is one of the most talented, caring, genuine people I've ever worked with. I have a friend that used her for their wedding and after seeing the photos (that looked like they were from a magazine) I was set on having her capture our... Read More special day. She takes the time to get to know you as a couple, which allows her to capture your personalities and your story in the photos she takes. My husband and I let Dana pick the locations of our engagement and wedding photos, allowing her to use her talent and creativity, and we were not disappointed! I enjoyed every meeting with her and appreciated all of her help and honesty. I feel like Dana and I became close over the the last year and I will miss working with her! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dana to any couple looking for a very talented photographer to capture their day. She will be your photographer but also become your friend.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Liz B

I can not begin to thank Dana enough for helping to make our wedding day awesome. It has been such a joy working with her. Not only did she have an amazing and kind attitude the day of our wedding, even while dealing with our demanding families, she was there every step of the... Read More way offering help as we needed it. Dana made our wedding easy and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for anything more!!!! Dana truly has a gift and love for what she does.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mindy G

Dana was the most amazing, caring, and fun photographer we could have asked for. She went out of her way to find the best areas for pictures and to make sure we stayed on schedule. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted and that all our wedding party focused on... Read More getting the pictures done. She captured every moment at the wedding and reception and we know have these memories to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy J

I'm not sure I can put into words how happy I am that we chose Dana as our wedding photographer! Dana is an incredibly talented photographer, but also an amazing person in general. We live out of town and she was so willing to work with us on skype and move her schedule around... Read More to meet with us for our engagement session when we were in St. Louis. She is professional, flexible, compassionate, energetic, and creative. On our wedding day the weather went from sunny and 99 degrees to pouring rain, but that did not affect her at all. She was still smiling and coming up with wonderful ideas for our photos. Her attitude really helped us to stay calm and worry-free all day long. I have complete confidence that she and her second photographer, Kelly, captured every detail and special moment of our wedding day beautifully! (We have only seen sneak-peak photos so far, which are amazing.) We will have these stunning photos as our wedding memories forever, and we are so glad that Dana was our photographer!!! I recommend her 1000%!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Kaitlyn F

WOW! I'm left beyond speechless at this woman's talent and gift. The entire day went so smoothly. Many new brides think that the photographer's job starts on the wedding day, but there is SO much more "behind the scenes" work that requires a lot of work and details to make the... Read More day go off without a hitch! Dana Tate does just that. After meeting with her multiple times and communicating my husband and my vision and style, we knew she was the right pick (and after viewing our engagement photos, we were even more elated with our decision). She even helped us create a timeline for the wedding day! She has your (bride's) and groom's best interest at heart first and foremost. I was concerned with how some crazy relatives might try to take over the day or photographs (everyone has them right?!), but Dana Tate took charge and communicated our requests and photos. We had a couple of cranky flower girls and ring bearers and she managed to get multiple smiles out of them for the photos! (WOW!) Another thing, how many photographers stop mid-wedding day photo shoots and fix some fly away hairs?!?!? Yes, Dana does that! She is so much more than a photographer; she truly wants your day to go as smoothly as possible because she cares! My husband and I both cried and laughed when we viewed our wedding shots for the first time. She captured the big and small moments of the day and I'm still trying to decide which shots to frame (she's so good; it makes it difficult to choose!!!!). I have no hesitation with recommending her to future brides. She keeps you on track and organized! You won't regret your choice of choosing Dana Tate Photography!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Lauren G

Dana was wonderful to work with! Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions to make because they are capturing your memories from one of the happiest days... all the emotions, little details, and the story of your day to help you reminisce for a lifetime.... Read More From our first conversation I knew it was a perfect fit. Everything from meetings, payments, scheduling, and gallery viewings was very organized and easy to navigate. On the day of the wedding, Dana is not only your photographer but a therapist and scheduler! Which you are going to need when things feel chaotic! I absolutely LOVE the way all of our images turned out... elegant, classy, and fun too! You know she is great when you just have to add 5 more pages to your album because you can't possibly narrow down your favorite photos any more! The best part is how easy it was to add our dogs into the mix in our engagement session and wedding! So so happy with my decision to pick Dana!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Stephanie M

Choosing Dana as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made throughout the entire process. She was amazing and fun to work with, helped make sure things went smoothly throughout the day (even non-photography related troubles). Our photos turned out even better than I... Read More could have ever imagined. If I could do it over again I would choose Dana every time!

Dana Tate