Dance Masters Entertainment

DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware

Maryland's Most Trusted DJ Service

What Makes Us Different: We are family owned with 30+ Years of Experience and 400+ Five-Star Reviews. We have a fast and simple booking process so it has never been easier to get everything you want for your wedding. We offer everything from wedding DJ's and MC's to dance lessons and a photo booth! Visit our website for more details and contact us to talk about booking!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100
F412b66b d91a 408d 92ec 1755c3bf8322~rs 100

DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware (410) 661-5355

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Alexandra B

Where do I even begin with this wonderful duo? When we were looking for a Dj service for our wedding we knew that this was a perfect match from day 1. We had our first dance choreographed by Sue and were a little worried that the song was going to be to fast. She planned the... Read More most amazing dance and our families thought it should be entered into dancing with the stars they were so impressed! Don did an amazing job with our music and helping us plan even right up to the minute I was about to walk down the aisle and we changed music quickly. We also had the photo booth at our wedding and our guests were very impressed with the service of that as well. If you are looking for a caring, kind, compassionate, persistent, hard working vendor, Don and Sue are your duo!

2017-10-12T13:29:27 Response from the vendor

Alexandra qnd AJ This is Amazing !!!!!! Thank you so much. I am very grateful for the dance comment. I truly enjoyed teaching you your dance. It was PREFECT just like you two.Keep in touch with us on FB

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Beth A

We got married on November 3, 2017 and music was one of our biggest priorities for our reception because come on no one wants an empty dance floor. Well, words can not express enough how perfect our wedding day and how full our dance floor was thanks to Sue and Don! Working with... Read More them has been the most fun out of the whole wedding planning process. They delivered everything that they promised from our first meeting with them until the end of our reception. They are so full of life and energy that every single one of our guests could feel it too. We kept getting a ton of comments from our guests about how AWESOME our DJ/MC was and we couldn’t agree more! Sue and Don are nothing short of amazing and will make your day rock!!! From one bride to another if you want to have the best time of your life at your wedding HIRE DON AND SUE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Donna B

My husband and I had our Company Holiday Benefit and Dance Master Entertainment was the BEST choice we made. Sue & Don were simply amazing from the music played to get everyone up and dancing to helping us exceed meet our goal for donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.... Read More Their fun spirit, love and compassion made our Holiday Benefit a night to remember. They made it possible for my husband and I to enjoy our event as they made sure everything was just perfect. Their attention to all the details big and small were taken care of. All of our guest just raved how much they enjoyed the FUN they brought to our event. Our daughter had them for her Wedding DJ in April 2014 and when we were planning our event we knew exactly what DJ we wanted. Thank you Dance Masters Entertainment for always doing an amazing awesome job and you are our DJ of choice for all future events.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Caitlin T

There's a reason Dance Masters are in The Knot Best of Hall of Fame. Don and Sue are the life and soul of the party. I have heard nothing but the best things about the music played and our MC! Don made sure that there was something for everyone when it came to the music and it... Read More was clear that he completely understood the sound we were going for by listening and reviewing our selected songs list. And Sue really made sure our guests had the best time. If I could do it all again, I would choose the two of them every time!

2017-11-14T10:09:42 Response from the vendor

Caitlin and Josh, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!!! We really appreciate the comment when you referred to the Knot - Best wedding Hall of Fame !!!!! We truly enjoyed working with you and Josh. You are both very sweet people. Keep in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Christie A

Would highly, highly recommend using Dance Masters as your wedding DJ! From the start, both owners were very responsive and personable. They will schedule a time to talk over expectations and costs early on. Communication was thorough and on time. Our DJ Derek was also... Read More incredible! He went above and beyond to create a very personal wedding party entrance for us. We had a very large bridal party and wanted to customize songs, which not only was he able to do, but did incredibly well. We received many compliments not only on his execution of the entrance, but of his skills overall. If you are looking for a personable DJ (and company) at an affordable cost, I would highly recommend Dance Masters.

2017-11-14T10:17:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Christie and Sean for this fabulous review for DJ Derek. We also appreciate the comments about us helping you through out the wedding planning process. We really enjoyed working with you to plan the perfect wedding !!!!!Please keep in touch with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Caitlyn T

I want to start by saying that Don and Sue are the most kind, fun, AMAZING people we have ever met. Music and food were our most important things when planning and let me tell you..Don and Sue paid attention to EVERY DETAIL and like magic..made our wedding so personalized to us... Read More it was unbelievable! We only met with them in person one time but they really make you feel like you have known them for years and somehow (years of experience and thousands of events together most likely haha!) they made our day so tailored to us.. I could cry just thinking about it. Sue bustled my dress (my bustle was broken and she somehow fixed it because she is amazing), Don played every song we could possibly have wanted and kept our guests on the dance floor and entertained for the entire 5 hour reception. I can't even put into words how above and beyond they go..every detail.. they are amazing. Something that seems so small like playing "Someday my prince will come" right before our ceremony started (We are Disney fans and when I heard it I cried when waiting to go down the aisle) or Sue fixing the rose petals lining the aisle because the wind blew them.. small details that are SO IMPORTANT and made our day perfect..they were behind it all and we cannot be more grateful. Everyone at our wedding was complimenting how wonderful and kind they are and we really feel like they were an extension of the love we felt that day and cannot thank them enough for all that they did for us. If you are looking for the best people to DJ and coordinate your day and to truly make it the most amazing and magical day of your life.. BOOK DON AND SUE! You will not be disappointed and will remember them and their kindness for the rest of your lives!!! <3

2017-10-10T15:02:00 Response from the vendor

Caitlyn and Andrew,Thank you so much this excellent review, made me cry happy tears!!! Thank you for the wonderful things that you said about us. We really appreciate it. We truly enjoyed being your DJ's!!! What a PREFECT DAY JUST LIKE YOU TWO!!!!! Please keep... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Amy M

Cannot express how great Dance Masters is!!! Don and Sue are absolutely amazing and made sure our day was everything we wanted. From the very first time we met them it was apparent how much they love what they do and care so much about the couple they're working with. They went... Read More above and beyond in getting the party going-- even bringing props for the kids which they loved! The flow of the music was perfect, and Don and Sue read the crowd flawlessly and kept everyone dancing! We couldn't have had a better time.

2017-10-09T07:45:57 Response from the vendor

What a great way to start my work week out with this super review. Thank you so much. We truly enjoyed working with you both. Congratulations !!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Ana M

We honestly could not have been happier with DJ Derek, who kept our wedding guests dancing all night long! From the in-depth meeting a few weeks before our wedding, DJ Derek was 100% on point in helping us plan our music for our day. He was very helpful in pulling unique songs... Read More that I was looking for, as well as providing great song suggestions! He was also able to help us mic-up our officiant during our ceremony, since it was outside and we wanted to make sure everyone would hear the ceremony. During the night DJ Derek would stop by to make sure we were having a good time, as well as ask if there were any other songs we wanted him to play. He was very accommodating and even let me take the mic to sing for one of our last songs. I was told after the wedding that he even fluffed my dress for me before I made my way down the aisle - how thoughtful!! Couldn't be happier - thank you!!

2017-10-05T17:59:31 Response from the vendor

Ana and Brendan, Thank you so much for this great review for DJ Derek . We really appreciate it. Congrats to you both.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Tessa S

Don and Sue are the best. They are more than the DJ and Emcee. They give so much attention to everyone at the wedding. Sue was more helpful than the people at our venue "WOW". I've been to many weddings and have and have not seen DJ's taking so much interest in everyone.... Read More They will make your Wedding Day a day you will never forget. They are very easy to work with and make you feel very comfortable when you meet with them, like you've known them forever.

2017-10-05T19:42:11 Response from the vendor

Congrats to you both. Thanks you for this great review, we appreciate your kind words. Please keep in touch with us.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Stephanie M

I cannot thank Don & Sue enough! Sue's charisma and attentiveness were highly appreciated and Don's DJ skills are top notch! Sue was prepared for anything, including a button on a dress falling off, there she was with safety pins for me! I had my guests coming up to me saying... Read More that the MC was exceptional and the DJ really read the energy of the room well. ATTENTION ALL BRIDES: The best part of the night was when I gave up all control (including my highly detailed song list) and asked Don to just do his thing and get those people dancing! You can place your trust, your event, and happiness in their capable hands. Don and Sue spent time on the phone speaking with me weeks before the event to make sure they knew what I wanted, and the night of it was clear that they not only remembered my every request but that they really had gotten to know me as an individual and knew what I wanted and the type of night I wanted to have. They made our reception very special and we could not have done it without them. Sue had gifts for my young flower girls, an energy drink for me when I got tired, and was even bringing me my favorite cocktails throughout the night! I highly recommend Dance Masters Entertainment and Don & Sue for any event! They far exceeded my expectations and made me such a happy bride. Absolutely an amazing duo! Thank you Don & Sue!!!!!!!!!

2017-10-05T19:44:38 Response from the vendor

Stephanie and Garrett,THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THIS IS A OVER THE TOP REVIEW!!!! We really enjoyed working with you and your mom and Garrett planning the prefect wedding!!!!! Please keep in touch with us on FB.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 April L

Sue and Don are an excellent team! They were fabulous to coordinate with and made sure to accommodate some very special requests we had. I loved their online planning form – it really helped with our ability to plan and be on the same page with the schedule! Their prices were... Read More reasonable. Everyone had a wonderful time and said they enjoyed the flow of the evening and mix of older and newer music.

2017-10-05T19:48:01 Response from the vendor

April and Tom thank you so much for this wonderful review.Your mother and Son dance was the BEST!!!!! We had a great time working with you both to create the prefect Wedding Day!!!!! Congrats

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Johnny K

These guys are amazing!!!! I can not begin to describe how thankful I am for all they did for our wedding! As a gay couple we never know how people are going to react or treat us and from day one they made us feel excepted and like anyone else who is getting married. They made... Read More the process easy and fun, even when I was a total wreck with nerves. Don was a great DJ and helped get everyone on the dance floor!! Sue was an amazing MC, took care of anything that came her way and dealt well with my small panic attacks lol. They made our day perfect!! I will be telling anyone getting married to use them. Their prices were great and their online system made it so easy to organize. Thank you Don and Sue from the bottom of our hearts!! Buddy and Johnny Stonesifer 09/14/2017

2017-10-05T19:54:05 Response from the vendor

Bobby and Johnny Thank you so much for this wonderful review. You guys were a blast to work for. Your guest were so much fun to party with. We were honored to be your DJ's. Please keep in touch with us on FB. Congrats!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Katy P

We hired DJ Derek to provide music during the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour. Communication wasn't very good leading up to the wedding, we mainly emailed (we live too far away for face-to-face) and we worried that he didn't understand what we wanted for our wedding. But... Read More the day of the wedding he did a great job! Super friendly, played exactly the kind of music we liked, and worked with the venue and photographer to provide the perfect MC and music for every moment!

2017-10-05T19:49:46 Response from the vendor

Katy and Chris thank you so much for this wonderful review for DJ Derek. We truly enjoyed working with you both planning the prefect Wedding Day. Please keep in touch with us. Congrats!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Shannon M

DJ Derek was our DJ/Emcee for our wedding on August 5, 2017 and he did a wonderful job! He went above and beyond our expectations. He made sure we stuck to our timeline that we gave him. He even got out on the dance floor with his mic and told us the dance steps to the Wobble... Read More and the Cupid Shuffle in case you weren't sure of the moves. I got "best wedding ever!!!" from every guest that attended so far! You will be happy you hired Dance Masters Entertainment and it will be one area of your wedding planning that you will not have to worry about. They will definitely take care of you! Thank you so much!!!! Kyle & Shannon Watson

2017-08-16T16:33:21 Response from the vendor

Kyle and Shannon,THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this great review for DJ Derek. We really appreciate your kind words. We ere honored to be your DJ's!!Congrats to you both.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Katie O

Sue and Don made my reception the reception of my dreams. Don played music that constantly kept people on the dance floor, and Sue made sure that the reception flowed smoothly. Sue made sure that I got all of the pictures I wanted, that my hair and makeup always looked good,... Read More that everyone signed our guest book, and that everyone knew how to dance to popular line dances played at the wedding. I don't want to imagine how stressful the reception would have been without Sue! We also got a photo booth for our wedding from Sue and Don, and all of our guests loved it! It's so nice to have an album with everyone's photo booth pictures and notes as well. I would recommend Dance Masters Entertainment to anyone in a heartbeat!

2017-08-07T16:23:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Katie and Ben!!!!! This is a great review. We truly enjoyed with for you both. We wish you a life time of love and happiness. Keep in touch with us.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Gus J

Had a great time at a wedding with DJ Tim.

2017-06-27T13:33:09 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Lauren M

Sue and don absolutely made our wedding the most amazing experience. We wanted a party nonstop and that's what they gave us. They not only took care of the music and lighting but they brought the party. They are an amazing team that balances doing music and MCing. Sue also took... Read More care of any thing we needed. She got us drinks and fixed my dress for me. They are the nicest couple and I'm so glad we had them. Everyone should go with them because of how incredibly awesome they are!

2017-06-09T11:19:47 Response from the vendor

Lauren and Travis THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this great review. We had a blast with you and your family. What a wonderful wedding !!!!! Please keep in touch with us through Face Book.

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Heather E

Don and Sue were our dj/emcee for our wedding on may 6, 2017. I could sit and write so many amazing things! They went above and beyond their duties! Our guests raved about the music selections by don, and he kept them on the dance floor all night! Not to mention the amazing... Read More lighting! Sue was so wonderful! She helped with keeping everyone organized and even helped bustle my gown and brought us drinks all night! She was energetic and welcoming! Don't hesitate to contact them and hire them for your event!!! Heather & Lee

2017-05-23T16:21:38 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this great review. We truly enjoyed working with you both. Congrats and keep in touch with us. Thanks again!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Chelsea T

We can not say enough great things about Don and Sue! Just meeting them right before the reception I felt so comfortable with them! They did a fantastic job and went above and beyond! Everything was absolutely fantastic!! I would highly highly highly recommended dance... Read More entertainment! Also their photo booth is so cool and fun for all ages! Thanks again for making our wedding a fantastic event!!!

2017-05-23T16:23:03 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this great review. We had a great time at your wedding as well. Keep in touch with us through Face Book. Congratulations to you both!!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Tae A

We recently had wedding in Taneytown MD on 04/08/2017. Sue was our MC and Don was our DJ. I can't emphasize enough how much we appreciated their service. They went extra miles to help us out on our crazy day!! We also had photobooth and our guests loved it!! With party items... Read More they brought along with them, we had really really great times. We had few of our friends who are getting married in future asking for their contact information. Thank you Sue and Don!!

2017-04-27T16:48:33 Response from the vendor

Joyce and Tae THANKS SO MUCH for the great review. We truly enjoyed Djing your wedding. The photo booth was a BIG hit!!!!! Keep in touch with us on Face Book. Congrats to the New Mr. and Mrs. An

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Naomi B

Sue and Don are amazing... I could go on forever. We sprung for the MC package with Sue. She helped me lace my corset dress and kept time for the entire event. She was awesome on the microphone and kept the dance floor filled. They show up early and are very professional. She... Read More kept checking with me all night to see how I was doing and offered to constantly get me and my husband drinks or whatever else we needed. She really made me feel like I was her number 1 priority. Don knew how to keep the floor pumping too. He is so full of energy...he's exhausts me! They are both full of energy. Love love love Sue and Don and will definately recommend to everyone we know. :)

2017-04-26T16:59:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Naomi and Dan for this fabulous review. We had a blast working with you both to create a great wedding day. Loved your cake and all the special touches you had. Please keep in touch with us on Face book. Congratulations again to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Angela F

We had DJ Tim he was Absolutely AMAZING. Everyone loved him and he is a good dancer. We got the light package which was super affordable. He set everything up, even know where to move his stuff when it started raining. I will be useing them for every event that I have. Thanks

2017-03-04T05:47:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this great review. Tim is one of our BEST DJ's. Please like us on face book and keep in touch . Congratulations to you both!!!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Daniel E

My husband, Dan and I had Sue and Don from Dance Masters Entertainment host our wedding reception and they made our night! Don and Sue were very easy to work with. They were able to guide us through suggestions for the reception, organized the evening’s events, and even allowed... Read More me to use some of their sound equipment to perform a musical piece of my own with a friend on Irish drum and guitar. Additionally they are very friendly to same-sex marriages, and treated our special day with attention, enthusiasm, and boundless support! I have been to many weddings where the DJ stays behind his or her station and runs the show from there, which is pretty typical and expected: Sue came out and worked the crowd. She chatted, she joked, she coordinated, and she made people laugh. Knowing that our three young nephews would be there, she brought along foam ‘lightsabers’ for them to run around with (which they did with gusto). She acted far more like a hostess who wanted to see everyone have a good time, than a DJ. Don worked behind the station, while Sue worked the floor, but he still had his work cut out for him. For our entrance, we needed him to loop and edit a track of music from a video game, and time it specifically to us. This he did masterfully, as well as deal with a rather eclectic selection of music that we wanted. I can’t say that we made it easy for him in that regard, and Don responded like a champ. A wedding has so many moving parts. Unlike so many others that I have seen at other weddings, Sue and Don aren’t just another part: they have the gift of coordinating the other parts of the reception to make it all run smoothly as a whole. Because of their efforts, Dan and I were able to enjoy our party instead of feeling like we had to run it. I would recommend Dance Masters to anyone who wants a reasonably priced, yet highly professional entertainment service. I know that should we host another event requiring and entertainment service, we will surely come to Sue and Don again without hesitation.

2017-01-31T15:06:46 Response from the vendor

Jon and Daniel THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS FABULOUS REVIEW! We Truly enjoyed work for you both. Your wedding had a lot of memorable moments!!!! Please keep in touch with us through Face Book. Thanks again!!!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Brian C

Wow! We can't say enough of how easy Don and Sue made our music/DJ process and how much fun DJ Mike made our wedding! Thank you Dance Masters for alleviating so much stress for us and making our night fun and unforgettable! ♡

2017-01-13T17:24:46 Response from the vendor

Congratulations to you both!!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review for DJ Mike . We really appreciate it. Please keep in touch with us on FB at Dance Masters Entertainemnt

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Shannon H

Let me start by saying that I've never written a review about anything, ever but I feel so strongly about this that I'm actually doing it this one time. Stop looking around! This is it! We hired Tim Hamel as our DJ for our wedding on New Year's Eve, he was fantastic! He... Read More contacted us prior to the wedding to see our likes/dislikes and what was most important to us. I didn't even have a song picked out for our dance with the mothers and he helped me pick one out. We really didn't give him much direction other than make sure no one stays in their seats and they didn't. He reads the room, plays awesome music and even joins in on the fun! He really knows what he's doing! Sue and Don (owners) are also the nicest people ever! We met at their house for a quick consultation and left feeling like family. We owe all of you the biggest thank you! I will recommend Dance Masters to everyone and especially DJ Tim!

2017-01-02T18:47:57 Response from the vendor

WOW what a great review. Thank you so much Shannon and DJ. And we wish you a very "Happily Ever after"!!!! We really appreciate this great review for DJ Tim. Please keep in touch with us o FB at DANCE MASTERS ENTERTAINMENT or Sue Fowler.