Danto Photography

Southern California and anywhere else you'll pay me to go!

Modern Story Photojournalistic Wedding Photography

Southern California (Los Angeles) based but midwest at heart, Danto Photography strives to achieve a creative yet natural approach to your photography needs without breaking the bank. Our goal is to build unforgettable stories through the creation of stunning and timeless photography.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

2560 S. Barrington Ave, Los Angeles, CA Southern California and anywhere else you'll pay me to go! (248) 219-3397
INSTAGRAM

So much fun!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Working with Joel was very easy from the start. Planning a wedding is so stressful and when you have vendors who respond to your emails and answer all your questions honestly it makes everything that much easier. Our wedding pictures perfectly captured the magic that was felt... Read More throughout our fairy tale inspired wedding. The attention to detail, the patience with working with a large family it was all I could've asked for. Both Joel and the second photographer were absolutely phenomenal. They blended into the crowd and just captured all the right moments. We will most definitely hire Danto photography again for other family portraits later on down the road. It was the perfect mix of classic with a twist if modern and I loved it!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

10 stars!!! Joel is an amazing, amazing photographer with breathtaking work. My fiance had Joel for our proposal, and I couldn't be happier. Joel also photographed our Indian engagement ceremony and both sides were very very happy with the pictures. EVERY SHOT was amazing, not... Read More just one or two. Great guy, fun to work with, and an eye for detail. I'm super super picky, and I couldn't have picked someone better myself. Unlike other photographers, Joel provided us with all different types of shots, portraits: artististic details, documentary style. I RECOMMEND JOEL WITHOUT HESISTATION, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!! THANK YOU, JOEL! -Kiran & Novy

As Good As It Gets

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Joelle G

Booking Joel was a no-brainer for us, and full disclosure: he's a friend of mine, so I've been a fan of his work for a long time. That being said, he is HANDS-DOWN the best in the business. One look at his portfolio will tell you everything you need to know: he simply captures... Read More perfect moments. We didn't want "traditional" photos (although Joel is more than happy to accommodate those, as well). His shots feel cinematic and can tell a whole story. He is also calming, talented, and so much fun to be around. He is a true artist and booking him as our photographer for both our engagement shoot and our wedding was the best decision.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Lori S

Joel was a pleasure to work with. We would highly recommend him to any couple looking for the perfect photographer. He was on time (ok...early), took lots of different types of pictures (i.e. candid & formal), and when our limo driver had to leave, we hopped in his car and he... Read More took us to our reception. He went above and beyond and we sincerely appreciate everything he did to make our day so special. Thanks Joel.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Jennifer C

Joel Danto is an incredible photographer. He has a soft demeanor and is very meticulous. I asked him to capture my reception and to tell a story through the pictures and he did exactly that. The candid photography and staged photography are impeccable . You can see the... Read More emotions and joy. Very happy.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Hayden T

Danto Photography are absolute professionals, from our first email conversations we had the utmost confidence in their ability to capture our special day. Joel was incredibly helpful with all our questions & ideas. The included engagement shoot was perfect to get to know Joel... Read More & the expectations on the day. The photographers on the day were helpful, funny & calmed our nerves through the big day. My wife & I highly recommend Danto Photography for capturing the wedding day, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Whitney M

If I could give Joel 100 stars I would. I looked through so many portfolios online and the minute I saw Joel's his pictures spoke to me. It's a rare and special talent he has to truly capture people. You see who they are through his images. (And side note: His way with light and... Read More color is unparalleled. These pictures have life.) He is also fun to work with and professional without ever being impersonal. I really can't enough good thing about him and his work.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Russell A

Joel and Richard were amazing to work with. First, Joel was very helpful and creative with our engagement session. My wife is huge supporter of UCLA so it was only fitting to have our first location be on campus. His angles and the way he plays with shadows truly demonstrate his... Read More willingness to think outside the box. Our actual wedding pictures turned out amazing! We were located off the marina in Redondo Beach. He was very instructive and helped guide our wedding party through the many shots. He was so efficient that we actually had free time before the ceremony! He checked in to make sure everything was to our liking and demonstrated an exceptional level of professionalism. We received our wedding photos about 4 weeks after our wedding! Thank you Joel and Richard for your help and creativity!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Marisa B

Joel did such a beautiful job with our engagement photos. He took us to El Matador beach with gorgeous scenery, which made for incredible photos. He had us recreate a picture that I loved, and it came out perfect. He is very friendly, easy to work with, and extremely talented.... Read More His prices are very fair and I definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Rachel T

Joel was an amazing wedding photographer! He was fun and professional and we had a great time during both our engagement shoot and wedding day. Our photos are incredible and we are so happy we chose Danto Photography!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Liliana B

Joel and his team were wonderful! They were organized, gave great feedback and ideas throughout the planning process and the day of. I made up a list of all the pictures I wanted, and they made sure they got every single shot! On the day of- both photographers were... Read More professional and fun to work with. Also- the delivery of the photos were prompt and came out beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Rachel N

Joel is EXCELLENT. We used Joel for both our Engagement and Wedding photography and our pictures turned out great. Joel is very easy to work with and easy to get a hold of. He showed up on time on the big day and did an amazing job. There are no negative things to say. We are... Read More very happy that we chose Danto Photography.

Reviewed on 4/23/2016

This is the second time we have hired Danto and specifically Joel in as many years. His prices are certainly competitive, but the output is what sets him apart. Within an hour of my daughter's Bat Mitzvah, Joel had 10 awesome photos for us to post on social media. Within... Read More 24 hours of the event, he had another selection from the party we had for us to either post or email to friends and family. I love how he succeeds in never being seen, but always getting the shot- even the one I didn't know existed. He somehow captures the soul of the event and the person.

Danto Photography Review

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Maria C

Joel is an amazing photographer! He did such a great job shooting our engagement photo shoot and wedding pictures. I was very pleased with our final pictures. He is very patient, creative, and easy to work with.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Joel is an amazing photographer! I used him for my engagement session and my wedding. He has such a great eye and captured every single special moment. I am so happy with the way my pictures came out. Im so happy that I found Joel! Erika

Awesome Photographer!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Laura K

Joel Danto was our photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding ceremony. Joel was great about helping us select awesome and creative locations for the our shots. All of the photos came out beautifully and we have had so many wonderful compliments. We are very grateful... Read More to Joel for helping to make our celebration a dream come true!!!

Amazing Artist!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Melissa L

Joel was incredible! He really takes the time to listen and understand your vision while putting his artistic and talented twist into his work. Our photos came out so magical, we can't stop looking at them! Anyone would be lucky to have him as their photographer, he is the best!

Great pictures. Happy Bride & Groom.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Joel M

My husband and I were so happy with Joel as our wedding photographer. His photo packages are well priced for the budget-conscious couple, he responds quickly to emails, and his 2nd shooter on our wedding day was just as easy to work with as he was. He even took the time to go... Read More to our wedding venue on his own to scope out the best locations for shooting so we weren't wasting precious time on our actual day. We had so many beautiful memories captured that day thanks to Danto Photography and would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stephanie C

I had such an amazing experience working with Joel. He has such a great eye for detail & capturing so many great moments. I used him for my engagement photos & my wedding. I love the way our photos came out. I am so happy with them & so happy that I chose him to capture these... Read More precious moments. Thank you Joel!!! Erika

Best wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Shadie G

Joel did an excellent job of making us feel comfortable and relaxed on our special day. Everything was streamlined nicely and felt natural. The preview pictures we've gotten are amazing, we can't wait for the final product! Thanks again Joel for making our wedding day one... Read More we'll remember forever!

Fantastic photos

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

From the very beginning, Joel was very personable and showed his dedication. He was always quick to respond to emails and very communicative of his ideas. He shot both our engagement shots and wedding. During both sessions Joel really was on the lookout for any special... Read More shots. Looking more at our photos you can see he has a keen eye for taking those special photos. We have recommended him to many friends who are taking the next step to marriage.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Nicole D

Joel has a great eye and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the best shot. My husband and I were thrilled by the photos of our wedding - they brought back so many memories. Joel caught so many magical moments and did it effortlessly. Not only is he easy to work with, but... Read More he brings a beautiful aesthetic to his photos.

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Banessa M

My husband and I were very pleased with Joel Danto's work, he is very professional and talented. His love and passion for photography reflects through his work. He was very easy to reach and replied to me almost immediately. He was an hour early for our engagement session and... Read More wedding day. By the time we were ready to take pictures, he had already scouted the perfect location for a beautiful photo. We would highly recommend him to future brides and grooms.

Best Photographer! Excellent Storyteller! Brilliant Artist!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

Hey Future Bride! I just wanna share to you the mail that I sent to Joel as my way of expressing gratitude this talented and one of a kind photographer: "What a pleasant surprise for a wonderful Saturday morning! Richard and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! Like... Read More Ohmgosh, when I saw the pictures I literally leaped for joy! It's wonderful! It's perfect! It's simply amazing! Again, you've done your magic! I was almost feeling emotional seeing all the pictures! It was one of the happiest days of my life and if I may say "The best day EVER". I am utterly grateful that we chose you to capture these important and happy memories of our lives. And again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have no idea how excited and happy I am to share these pictures to the whole world! Everyone keeps saying how good the pictures are and keep asking me who was my photographer and how I found you! haha If only I could take you with me to Philippines and be my photographer for my second wedding in Cebu, Philippines, I would! You are not just a photographer but a great story teller! You do not just capture pictures because it's your job but you were able to portray happy stories behind the pictures! You were able to capture the celebration of our love for each other! And everyone seem so happy and I love it! Everything was so perfect and you went beyond expectations! Words aren't enough to express my gratitude to you! Again, thank you so much! I really love the pictures! "

Better than the rest!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Geraldine R

Joel is everything you could want in a photographer! He has a great eye for capturing amazing shots. His style is so unique from all the other wedding photographers out there, and his photos are jaw-dropping beautiful - I love every shot he took! Not only is he talented, though,... Read More his calm demeanor always helped to put me at rest. I was not an easy client to deal with, but he always reassured me and calmed me down. I was able to enjoy my wedding knowing that Joel was there to capture all the special moments! HIGHLY recommend!

Joel Danto

I’m the type of photographer who loves to capture people “in the moment”. Many consider this a photo-journalistic approach, but I interpret it a little differently. I l blend the raw emotion of photojournalism with the seductive aura of fashion photography to create images of romance and substance; a style I’ve dubbed “Modern Story Photojournalism”. I strive to achieve a natural aesthetic that lets the true beauty and enchantment of life speak for itself while nudging moments ever so slightly to make my images truly stand out. My approach results in photography that is instantly timeless.